Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
grizz441's Avatar grizz441
03-17-2006, 06:59 PM

I do prefer Myradia to 10,000 Days. But if that's not Maynard (which it's not cmon) then it's just some random guy coming up with some pretty creative ideas which are just that, creative, until the band finally uncovers our eyes...
Old 03-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #41
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: Myriad

I do prefer Myradia to 10,000 Days. But if that's not Maynard (which it's not cmon) then it's just some random guy coming up with some pretty creative ideas which are just that, creative, until the band finally uncovers our eyes...
OFFLINE |  
Vaginal Replicator

Personally, I think Myriad Days is a little more creative sounding than 10,000 Days, and even though I don't mind 10,000 Days, Myriad Days sounds a little more "Toolish." I wouldn't be suprised if Myriad is the name of the album though. I think it's pretty cool.

Also, the more and more I look at them, those tracks are pretty Toolish, almost reminiscent of Aenima.
Old 03-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #42
Banned.

Bincount™: 1

Personally, I think Myriad Days is a little more creative sounding than 10,000 Days, and even though I don't mind 10,000 Days, Myriad Days sounds a little more "Toolish." I wouldn't be suprised if Myriad is the name of the album though. I think it's pretty cool.

Also, the more and more I look at them, those tracks are pretty Toolish, almost reminiscent of Aenima.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic

But in the same respect... in that same newsletter...

TOOL:
BACK TO THE DRY-ERASE MESSAGE BOARD

Having returned from their holiday cheer to the dystopia that is much of Hollywood, at precisely 12:06 (when Danny arrived) on Thursday, January 6th, 2005 e.v., the members of TOOL gathered at the rehearsal space to resume writing and arranging the music for their next record. Although I'm not going to pay them a visit until tomorrow (after all, they're probably a little rusty - and there's nothing worse than a Daedalian-complex train wreck), while gazing into Danny's psychomantium (after fixing a faulty float connected with its make-shift pump), I was able to discern in its dark surface certain new additions to the arsenal designed to pierce the aethyrs.

Daedalian reference.. they knew what the Hell they were doing...
Old 03-17-2006, 06:59 PM   #43
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 862

But in the same respect... in that same newsletter...

TOOL:
BACK TO THE DRY-ERASE MESSAGE BOARD

Having returned from their holiday cheer to the dystopia that is much of Hollywood, at precisely 12:06 (when Danny arrived) on Thursday, January 6th, 2005 e.v., the members of TOOL gathered at the rehearsal space to resume writing and arranging the music for their next record. Although I'm not going to pay them a visit until tomorrow (after all, they're probably a little rusty - and there's nothing worse than a Daedalian-complex train wreck), while gazing into Danny's psychomantium (after fixing a faulty float connected with its make-shift pump), I was able to discern in its dark surface certain new additions to the arsenal designed to pierce the aethyrs.

03-17-2006, 07:00 PM

just throwing this out there. But the . . . - . . - - . - - Could be morse code. Just one of the possiblities being METIS M (translation of M of Mixed Blood). BTW, I got that by taking the " . " as seperate characters and the " - " as seperate charters you come up with S (. . .), I (. .), E (.); T (-), M (--), M (--) = M Metis/Metis M (M of Mixed blood). There are scores of other possiblities though, it was just interesting.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:00 PM   #44
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

just throwing this out there. But the . . . - . . - - . - - Could be morse code. Just one of the possiblities being METIS M (translation of M of Mixed Blood). BTW, I got that by taking the " . " as seperate characters and the " - " as seperate charters you come up with S (. . .), I (. .), E (.); T (-), M (--), M (--) = M Metis/Metis M (M of Mixed blood). There are scores of other possiblities though, it was just interesting.
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pki2003
I noticed that a while back myself but I couldnt make anything out of it.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #45
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I noticed that a while back myself but I couldnt make anything out of it.
03-17-2006, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic
Very very true.

It looks like 'myriadia' is Finnish.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #46
On Probation

Bincount™: 8929

Quote:
Very very true.

It looks like 'myriadia' is Finnish.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:04 PM

And look at this!!

Within that SAME newsletter!

"Don't panic" I told myself, Maynard doesn't have internet access or get good cell reception in that submarine-craft of his on the ocean sea-bed, so he probably doesn't even know about the blurb. Still we've got to keep this thing quiet - that is if you want the new Tool record to proceed according to schedule. Even you readers... yes YOU, Tool Collective members with your damn message board and chats (which, fortunately, are probably down), keep your lips sealed. In fact, if you have to discus this with your TA friends, it might be prudent to discreetly tap their shoes with yours using Morse code. Just tap out something like 34D243334D117 and they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

We seriously may have hit on something here...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #47
Level 9 - Obstreperous

And look at this!!

Within that SAME newsletter!

"Don't panic" I told myself, Maynard doesn't have internet access or get good cell reception in that submarine-craft of his on the ocean sea-bed, so he probably doesn't even know about the blurb. Still we've got to keep this thing quiet - that is if you want the new Tool record to proceed according to schedule. Even you readers... yes YOU, Tool Collective members with your damn message board and chats (which, fortunately, are probably down), keep your lips sealed. In fact, if you have to discus this with your TA friends, it might be prudent to discreetly tap their shoes with yours using Morse code. Just tap out something like 34D243334D117 and they'll know exactly what you're talking about.

We seriously may have hit on something here...
03-17-2006, 07:06 PM

34D243334D117? Looks like a bar-code number.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:06 PM   #48
On Probation

34D243334D117? Looks like a bar-code number.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:08 PM

GOD.. its like the answer is right in front of our faces but we cant put it together...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:08 PM   #49
Level 9 - Obstreperous

GOD.. its like the answer is right in front of our faces but we cant put it together...
03-17-2006, 07:09 PM

I'm trying to figure out what language 'myriadia' is in... Finnish translators aren't finding anything. Kind of frusterating.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #50
On Probation

I'm trying to figure out what language 'myriadia' is in... Finnish translators aren't finding anything. Kind of frusterating.
OFFLINE |  
el57
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM

It's finnish. I figured out by realizing that the language that has "myradia" in it usually have domain names ending in .fi which is for finland.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #51
Level 4 - Thinker

It's finnish. I figured out by realizing that the language that has "myradia" in it usually have domain names ending in .fi which is for finland.
OFFLINE |  
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM

Quote:
kind of like, oh, i don't know,
"10 Mar 06
TRACK LISTINGS FOR 10,000 DAYS

Here's the track listing for the new TOOL ALBUM entitled 10,000 DAYS set to be released on MAY 2nd, 2006.

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Lost Keys (Blame Hofmann)
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres"

?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #52
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

Quote:
"10 Mar 06

Here's the track listing for the new TOOL ALBUM entitled 10,000 DAYS set to be released on MAY 2nd, 2006.

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres"

?
03-17-2006, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Since you're working on the hints of the unknown poster on the other forum, have you explored the meaning of 'Silianna' as he mentioned a few times?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:12 PM   #53
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Since you're working on the hints of the unknown poster on the other forum, have you explored the meaning of 'Silianna' as he mentioned a few times?
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracomordag
"10 Mar 06

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres"

?

But cant you see how leery those track titles are? I mean seriously... there's so much ambiguity surrounding those titles...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #54
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
"10 Mar 06

Vicarious
Jambi
Wings For Marie (Pt 1)
10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2)
The Pot
Lipan Conjuring
Rosetta Stoned
Intension
Right In Two
Viginti Tres"

?

But cant you see how leery those track titles are? I mean seriously... there's so much ambiguity surrounding those titles...
03-17-2006, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz441
I tried, and havent found much yet. Not giving up though.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:13 PM   #55
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I tried, and havent found much yet. Not giving up though.
03-17-2006, 07:15 PM

Quote:
"10 Mar 06

Why don't you go masturbate and stop putting your awsome opinions into this thread and let us have our fun? Seriously, you don't have to be irritating about it. Just don't post.
Quote:
We're not working on hints of an unknown poster on some forum, we're working with previous newsletters and messages Blair has posted and translation tools from what the band has already told us. If you haven't noticed, we're not talking about 10,000days.com or whatever that forum is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el57
Yeah, it is Finnish. I can't find anything that'll translate it, though.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #56
On Probation

Quote:
"10 Mar 06

Why don't you go masturbate and stop putting your awsome opinions into this thread and let us have our fun? Seriously, you don't have to be irritating about it. Just don't post.
Quote:
We're not working on hints of an unknown poster on some forum, we're working with previous newsletters and messages Blair has posted and translation tools from what the band has already told us. If you haven't noticed, we're not talking about 10,000days.com or whatever that forum is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by el57
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot199

But Oce.. at the same time.. this "unkknown poster" gave us the whole myriad idea.... Maybe Silianna merits some research? I mean everything I find is in French...
Old 03-17-2006, 07:17 PM   #57
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

But Oce.. at the same time.. this "unkknown poster" gave us the whole myriad idea.... Maybe Silianna merits some research? I mean everything I find is in French...
03-17-2006, 07:18 PM

Quote:

hahaha, chill out man.

plus, i can't masturbate... because I'm in your contest. fool.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:18 PM   #58
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO

Quote:

hahaha, chill out man.

03-17-2006, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Maybe. I'm still trying to get a translation for this, though... I like 'Myriadia' as a title... it fits so nicely.

Quote:
hahaha, chill out man.

I'm JUST saying it IS irritating when you post like THIS trying tell us everything you KNOW.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:19 PM   #59
On Probation

Quote:
Maybe. I'm still trying to get a translation for this, though... I like 'Myriadia' as a title... it fits so nicely.

Quote:
hahaha, chill out man.

I'm JUST saying it IS irritating when you post like THIS trying tell us everything you KNOW.
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
03-17-2006, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Myriad > 10,000 Days > Myriad Days

Edit: Aldaraia > every other possible title.
Why the hell is Aldaraia "better than any other possible title"? Sounds about as cool as Meteora.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:22 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Myriad > 10,000 Days > Myriad Days

Edit: Aldaraia > every other possible title.
Why the hell is Aldaraia "better than any other possible title"? Sounds about as cool as Meteora.
OFFLINE |  
Hodge
03-17-2006, 07:23 PM

Quote:
no myriad has already been mentioned here when 10kD was first announced
Old 03-17-2006, 07:23 PM   #61
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

Quote:
no myriad has already been mentioned here when 10kD was first announced
OFFLINE |  
Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
03-17-2006, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
Because its my opinion and thats how I feel about it?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:24 PM   #62
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 07:27 PM

Quote:

WHY are you CAPITALIZING random woRDS?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:27 PM   #63
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

WHY are you CAPITALIZING random woRDS?
03-17-2006, 07:28 PM

Quote:

I'm with Oce on this one.

I've always liked Aldaraia, honestly.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I still hope its real, to be honest.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:28 PM   #64
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

03-17-2006, 07:30 PM

My post is more convincing than probably any of the fake tracklistings and such posted before.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:30 PM   #65
Banned.

My post is more convincing than probably any of the fake tracklistings and such posted before.
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaginal Replicator
fleshlight?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #66
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaginal Replicator
fleshlight?
03-17-2006, 07:32 PM

I can't get a translation for myriadia in Finnish, so I dunno.

:/
Old 03-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #67
On Probation

OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA
03-17-2006, 07:32 PM

What the hell is going on in here?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:32 PM   #68
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

What the hell is going on in here?
OFFLINE |  
grizz441's Avatar grizz441
03-17-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:

I dont appreciate being coupled in with that jerk who is trying to ruin the fun of deciphering this stuff. I think it's good stuff and you guys are on to something by referencing back the newsletters and messages from Blair. However, this entire topic and deciphering quest began from the messages from that "unknown poster" on the "other forum." Hope you guys figure it out though.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #69
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

I dont appreciate being coupled in with that jerk who is trying to ruin the fun of deciphering this stuff. I think it's good stuff and you guys are on to something by referencing back the newsletters and messages from Blair. However, this entire topic and deciphering quest began from the messages from that "unknown poster" on the "other forum." Hope you guys figure it out though.
OFFLINE |  
03-17-2006, 07:40 PM

Quote:

it just means "myriad"

http://www.tranexp.com/
Old 03-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #70
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:

it just means "myriad"

03-17-2006, 07:42 PM

Quote:
and I don't appreciate being called a jerk...

I've helped with this stuff a while, as well... I just found systolic's post of "its like something's staring us in the face" to be a tad ironic
Old 03-17-2006, 07:42 PM   #71
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
and I don't appreciate being called a jerk...

I've helped with this stuff a while, as well... I just found systolic's post of "its like something's staring us in the face" to be a tad ironic

I wasn't coupling you with him, just responding to both of you in the same post.

The thing is, 'myriad' first came up right after Tool announced "10,000 Days" as the album title. That 10,000days.com forum thing is just a coincidence... I'm not looking into this because of that, I'm looking into what Tool has told us so far and what we already know about Tool.

Wish I could find a translation to this word, though :/
Old 03-17-2006, 07:42 PM   #72
On Probation

I wasn't coupling you with him, just responding to both of you in the same post.

The thing is, 'myriad' first came up right after Tool announced "10,000 Days" as the album title. That 10,000days.com forum thing is just a coincidence... I'm not looking into this because of that, I'm looking into what Tool has told us so far and what we already know about Tool.

Wish I could find a translation to this word, though :/
OFFLINE |  
pki2003's Avatar pki2003

myriad dium = 10,000 day

Latin is probly to common though.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:42 PM   #73
Level 4 - Thinker

myriad dium = 10,000 day

Ocelot199's Avatar Ocelot199
03-17-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
it just means "myriad"

I got that too, but I think thats just a crappy translator. Most of the other ones I found returned a 'no match found'.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:43 PM   #74
On Probation

Quote:
it just means "myriad"

I got that too, but I think thats just a crappy translator. Most of the other ones I found returned a 'no match found'.
OFFLINE |  
Systolic
03-17-2006, 07:44 PM

Quote:
myriad dium = 10,000 day

I was just about to post that diem is Latin for day...

But I dont think it means anything.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #75
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
myriad dium = 10,000 day

I was just about to post that diem is Latin for day...

But I dont think it means anything.
03-17-2006, 07:44 PM

I am starting to think that the album name is 10,000 days but not necessarily in modern english.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:44 PM   #76
Level 4 - Thinker

I am starting to think that the album name is 10,000 days but not necessarily in modern english.
Alistair_Carson's Avatar Alistair_Carson
03-17-2006, 07:45 PM

Quote:

I third this. Out of all the tracklistings/titles that have surfaced, Aldaraia has been my favorite one. (Although at this point, I'll go for anything that's not "10,000 Days")
Old 03-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #77
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 37

Quote:

I third this. Out of all the tracklistings/titles that have surfaced, Aldaraia has been my favorite one. (Although at this point, I'll go for anything that's not "10,000 Days")
OFFLINE |  
Systolic

Quote:
I am starting to think that the album name is 10,000 days but not necessiarily in modern english.

Very possible. But... entirely speculative.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #78
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I am starting to think that the album name is 10,000 days but not necessiarily in modern english.

Very possible. But... entirely speculative.

Quote:
what would you expect it to mean other than myriad or myriad days?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:45 PM   #79
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Quote:
what would you expect it to mean other than myriad or myriad days?
03-17-2006, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Thats what the whole thread seems to be leading up to.

I like Myriadia or Myriadiem. Anything but "10,000 Days". Screw English.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #80
On Probation

Quote:
Thats what the whole thread seems to be leading up to.

I like Myriadia or Myriadiem. Anything but "10,000 Days". Screw English.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply