Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
03-05-2006, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkinet
we have to still see if you have a brain on your shoulders, ass kisser :P
You're right. I'm kissing his ass. Thank you for pointing out to everyone my oh-so-obvious tactics here.

....that ,or my opinion just aligns with his.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #81
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29
Re: The title is NOT 10,000 Days

Quote:
we have to still see if you have a brain on your shoulders, ass kisser :P
You're right. I'm kissing his ass. Thank you for pointing out to everyone my oh-so-obvious tactics here.

OFFLINE |  
zenkinet's Avatar zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub

everyone has opinions, just because you don't agree with some doesn't mean they are wrong or that you have less a brain, it depends how well you can justify your opinions, that is all.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #82
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:

everyone has opinions, just because you don't agree with some doesn't mean they are wrong or that you have less a brain, it depends how well you can justify your opinions, that is all.
OFFLINE |  
s ti N Kfizt's Avatar s ti N Kfizt
03-05-2006, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InnerCombustion
if it is, cool, if it isnt, cool
its still cool tool fool
don't know who you responded this to, but it's funny. *LAZY* i guess you're talking about the 10000 days..
Old 03-05-2006, 10:44 AM   #83
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 706

Quote:
its still cool tool fool
don't know who you responded this to, but it's funny. *LAZY* i guess you're talking about the 10000 days..
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
03-05-2006, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I don't want to berate people on here whose opinions differ IF they back up what they're saying. However, 90% of the "no way is this the title" camp have absolutely no real reason to say that other than "it's too 'lame' to be a Tool title".

To make such a sweeping statement which contradicts something which has been posted on TB and is still on TA should require some pretty serious factual information--and nobody here refuting the album title seems to have any. People are just mindlessly cursing the title because a lot of them seemingly think if it's not some crazy out there made-up word then they won't be able to derive the same meaning from the album. That's not having a brain on your shoulders--I stand by that.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 AM   #84
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
I don't want to berate people on here whose opinions differ IF they back up what they're saying. However, 90% of the "no way is this the title" camp have absolutely no real reason to say that other than "it's too 'lame' to be a Tool title".

To make such a sweeping statement which contradicts something which has been posted on TB and is still on TA should require some pretty serious factual information--and nobody here refuting the album title seems to have any. People are just mindlessly cursing the title because a lot of them seemingly think if it's not some crazy out there made-up word then they won't be able to derive the same meaning from the album. That's not having a brain on your shoulders--I stand by that.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 11:11 AM

Quote:
its still cool tool fool
This post made me happy.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:11 AM   #85
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
its still cool tool fool
This post made me happy.
OFFLINE |  
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
03-05-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch
This post made me happy.
truth
Old 03-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #86
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

Quote:
This post made me happy.
truth
03-05-2006, 11:24 AM

Quote:

i agree with your opinions.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:24 AM   #87
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

i agree with your opinions.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 11:44 AM

Look. Let me set this straight, ok? It doesnt have to be some made up word like aldaria, orprshih, or eraetbeuib. Trust me, I get enough of that listening to Autechre song titles. For all I care, it could be called "happy hippie horseshit." Whatever.

If you want logical facts, here's why I think it *might* not be 10,000 days.

1.) Post went bye-bye. -Promises, exclusives, who says where what will be at first, etc., is all a bunch of hearsay. I dont care if you paid money to be temporarily more special. It doesnt matter. It doesnt count here.

2.) The aforementioned bye-bye post comes literally one day after Blair Bear got heat pieced over the same shit we are still doing here.

3.) Uh, there already is a record by someone called 10,000 days. And guess what? Its a "blues" record. And you know what? You know what? MJK said this is going to be a blues record. Wow! The Synchronicity! The world is coming to an end! Is this interview even published officially? Do any of you have an actual copy of said interview or did you just read the transcript here? If the latter, again, more reason to stroke your chin.

4.) Fans are willing to embrace the differences between bands like Tool and Disturbed. To the general public, they might not be so inclined though. If either band sells a million records, do you think its because they have literally a million die-hard fans who know exactly what the difference is between a hardrock song by Disturbed and what they would label a nu-metal song by Tool? No. Regardless, the similarities HAVE to be taken in consideration. Frankly, its a poor marketing strategy to the general less-than-fanboy-informed public. I can just picture 14 yr old Timmy asking Nana for the new Tool cd for Xmas. And when Nana goes to the local BestBuy and asks Darnell for the album 10,000 something, guess who is going to be pissed when he unwraps that one?

5.) Plus, its been known Blair has an affinity for subtle insults towards other bands in the past. Could this just be another joke? A disturbing one at that?
Old 03-05-2006, 11:44 AM   #88
Level 7 - Loquacious

Look. Let me set this straight, ok? It doesnt have to be some made up word like aldaria, orprshih, or eraetbeuib. Trust me, I get enough of that listening to Autechre song titles. For all I care, it could be called "happy hippie horseshit." Whatever.

1.) Post went bye-bye. -Promises, exclusives, who says where what will be at first, etc., is all a bunch of hearsay. I dont care if you paid money to be temporarily more special. It doesnt matter. It doesnt count here.

2.) The aforementioned bye-bye post comes literally one day after Blair Bear got heat pieced over the same shit we are still doing here.

3.) Uh, there already is a record by someone called 10,000 days. And guess what? Its a "blues" record. And you know what? You know what? MJK said this is going to be a blues record. Wow! The Synchronicity! The world is coming to an end! Is this interview even published officially? Do any of you have an actual copy of said interview or did you just read the transcript here? If the latter, again, more reason to stroke your chin.

4.) Fans are willing to embrace the differences between bands like Tool and Disturbed. To the general public, they might not be so inclined though. If either band sells a million records, do you think its because they have literally a million die-hard fans who know exactly what the difference is between a hardrock song by Disturbed and what they would label a nu-metal song by Tool? No. Regardless, the similarities HAVE to be taken in consideration. Frankly, its a poor marketing strategy to the general less-than-fanboy-informed public. I can just picture 14 yr old Timmy asking Nana for the new Tool cd for Xmas. And when Nana goes to the local BestBuy and asks Darnell for the album 10,000 something, guess who is going to be pissed when he unwraps that one?

5.) Plus, its been known Blair has an affinity for subtle insults towards other bands in the past. Could this just be another joke? A disturbing one at that?
OFFLINE |  
zenkinet's Avatar zenkinet
03-05-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:

heh, well said
Old 03-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #89
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

heh, well said
OFFLINE |  
Cynical/Sarcastic
03-05-2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
MJK said this is going to be a blues record.
Danny Carey said that jokingly.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #90
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 66

Quote:
MJK said this is going to be a blues record.
Danny Carey said that jokingly.
OFFLINE |  
waffel
03-05-2006, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye
But they didn't. They announced it on Toolband first.

Which is even more reason to believe its not real. That, and the fact that he posted it "because it was going to be leaked out anyway" which ment he wanted to get the information out to everyone before they heard it somewhere else first.

The irony is, thats exactaly whats happening now. EVERYONE (except the dumbshits that bought TA) is hearing it from somewhere else. Good job alerting the public.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:54 AM   #91
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye
But they didn't. They announced it on Toolband first.

Which is even more reason to believe its not real. That, and the fact that he posted it "because it was going to be leaked out anyway" which ment he wanted to get the information out to everyone before they heard it somewhere else first.

The irony is, thats exactaly whats happening now. EVERYONE (except the dumbshits that bought TA) is hearing it from somewhere else. Good job alerting the public.
OFFLINE |  
TornDown
03-05-2006, 12:03 PM

I personally don't think that this is the new title myself. It seems that the TA (myself included although I didn't know about it) members are entitled to hearing the album title first. Blair, not thinking, posted the "new title" on toolband before he posted it on toolarmy. Then he went "Oh shit!" and removed it from the toolband site so as to make it seem like toolarmy was getting an exclusive news bulletin. This would be more believable because toolarmy members were promised to know the info on the new cd first. Faux pas anyone?
Old 03-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #92
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

I personally don't think that this is the new title myself. It seems that the TA (myself included although I didn't know about it) members are entitled to hearing the album title first. Blair, not thinking, posted the "new title" on toolband before he posted it on toolarmy. Then he went "Oh shit!" and removed it from the toolband site so as to make it seem like toolarmy was getting an exclusive news bulletin. This would be more believable because toolarmy members were promised to know the info on the new cd first. Faux pas anyone?
OFFLINE |  
Nebel
03-05-2006, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I don't care what it's called either...

Quote:
I've already explained this, Kabir said that Maynard said the title would be announced on ToolArmy first of all. But Blair made the mistake of announcing it on Toolband and ToolArmy. After people pissed and moaned that ToolArmy didn't get this exclusive, he decided to limit it to ToolArmy to stop the members from moaning. It's still up there and if it's not removed this week, or it's changed, then it's definitely fake but so far it isn't and it hasn't been. So that point is irrelevant, it doesn't matter if people paid more money, ToolArmy is an OFFICIAL site.

Quote:
I doubt Blair or the band could give a shit about what we're saying here or what they think of the title regardless of whatever it's called. They agreed to whatever title and they chose what's best suited to the album, even if it is different and that's something we all have to respect even though we might hate the title.

Quote:
Yes, I have the actual magazine with the interview and there have been scans if I remember correctly. I'm viewing it right as I type this. And for your information, that record was released in 1999, I doubt Tool even know that album and it's not a "Blues" album, but a "Country" album. So that's another irrelevant point. Also, they provided hints that this would be Tool's new album even before the interview and this post. Look at the January newsletter.

Quote:
That is a good point I'll give you that, but this is Tool we're talking about. I doubt they care about the fact it's similar to Ten Thousand Fists. It might be a pun against them, but there's always the chance it might not be and judging from the theories around here, 10,000 Days has much more to it than a ridiculous name like "Ten Thousand Fists". Which just about sums up Disturbed.

Quote:
Could be, but at this point no one knows. We're all assuming, but at this point, it's ON that website, and people have a right to believe it's real and official whilst you others are denying the fact that it could be fake on just basis alone.

Either way, by the end of this month we will know the final title. I don't mean to sound arrogant but at this point the speculation starts to annoy you considering that it's an official source. Unlike a supposed leak, where people actually believed those leaks rather than something coming from Blair.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #93
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
I don't care what it's called either...

Quote:
I've already explained this, Kabir said that Maynard said the title would be announced on ToolArmy first of all. But Blair made the mistake of announcing it on Toolband and ToolArmy. After people pissed and moaned that ToolArmy didn't get this exclusive, he decided to limit it to ToolArmy to stop the members from moaning. It's still up there and if it's not removed this week, or it's changed, then it's definitely fake but so far it isn't and it hasn't been. So that point is irrelevant, it doesn't matter if people paid more money, ToolArmy is an OFFICIAL site.

Quote:
I doubt Blair or the band could give a shit about what we're saying here or what they think of the title regardless of whatever it's called. They agreed to whatever title and they chose what's best suited to the album, even if it is different and that's something we all have to respect even though we might hate the title.

Quote:
Yes, I have the actual magazine with the interview and there have been scans if I remember correctly. I'm viewing it right as I type this. And for your information, that record was released in 1999, I doubt Tool even know that album and it's not a "Blues" album, but a "Country" album. So that's another irrelevant point. Also, they provided hints that this would be Tool's new album even before the interview and this post. Look at the January newsletter.

Quote:
That is a good point I'll give you that, but this is Tool we're talking about. I doubt they care about the fact it's similar to Ten Thousand Fists. It might be a pun against them, but there's always the chance it might not be and judging from the theories around here, 10,000 Days has much more to it than a ridiculous name like "Ten Thousand Fists". Which just about sums up Disturbed.

Quote:
Could be, but at this point no one knows. We're all assuming, but at this point, it's ON that website, and people have a right to believe it's real and official whilst you others are denying the fact that it could be fake on just basis alone.

Either way, by the end of this month we will know the final title. I don't mean to sound arrogant but at this point the speculation starts to annoy you considering that it's an official source. Unlike a supposed leak, where people actually believed those leaks rather than something coming from Blair.
OFFLINE |  
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
again, it seems like another candidate has stepped up for the advanced vocabulary category.

what are you even talking about? Do i need to use big words if i wanna impress you? Sorry buddy I'll talk however the hell i want to talk.

If you want to talk about vocabulary - try me.

IMO your not worth it because all you do is spread LIES and make people miserable.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:18 PM   #94
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
again, it seems like another candidate has stepped up for the advanced vocabulary category.

what are you even talking about? Do i need to use big words if i wanna impress you? Sorry buddy I'll talk however the hell i want to talk.

If you want to talk about vocabulary - try me.

IMO your not worth it because all you do is spread LIES and make people miserable.
03-05-2006, 12:22 PM

Uh, ok holmes. Go reread the original post in this thread. I've yet to go spread lies and you my friend, have an unclean mouth.

toodles,

gl0tch
Old 03-05-2006, 12:22 PM   #95
Level 7 - Loquacious

Uh, ok holmes. Go reread the original post in this thread. I've yet to go spread lies and you my friend, have an unclean mouth.

toodles,

gl0tch
OFFLINE |  
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 12:56 PM

Quote:

toodles,

gl0tch
Don't patronize me - I'm not your fucking friend.

Give up the whole dirty mouth thing - me swearing doesn't mean that I'm an idiot - actually it means that I'm pissed at n00bs like you who make outlandish cliams and then cant back them up sufficiently.

LOOK AT THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD YOU MORON. That is a lie.

Everything you've said thus far is speculation - You dont know anymore than anyone else here.

In the initial post you express dissapointment in Tool fans because some of them believe '10,000 days' actually is the title.

Sorry to break it to you but (as Nebel has pointed out) all of the evidence you've presented thus far is tenuous as best.

You dont seem to understand how utterly pretentious you sound when you say that you thought Tool fans were smarter than this. That makes you appear better than everyone here. And I think thats offensive - I'm sure other people do too.

Prove to me (and the rest of the people here who see through your facade of fake ass maturity and sophistication) the title of the album is NOT '10,000 days' - if you can then my hat is off to you. If you cant - change the god damn thread title - and appologize to every Tool fan for calling them stupid.
Old 03-05-2006, 12:56 PM   #96
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:

toodles,

gl0tch
Don't patronize me - I'm not your fucking friend.

Give up the whole dirty mouth thing - me swearing doesn't mean that I'm an idiot - actually it means that I'm pissed at n00bs like you who make outlandish cliams and then cant back them up sufficiently.

LOOK AT THE TITLE OF YOUR THREAD YOU MORON. That is a lie.

Everything you've said thus far is speculation - You dont know anymore than anyone else here.

In the initial post you express dissapointment in Tool fans because some of them believe '10,000 days' actually is the title.

Sorry to break it to you but (as Nebel has pointed out) all of the evidence you've presented thus far is tenuous as best.

You dont seem to understand how utterly pretentious you sound when you say that you thought Tool fans were smarter than this. That makes you appear better than everyone here. And I think thats offensive - I'm sure other people do too.

Prove to me (and the rest of the people here who see through your facade of fake ass maturity and sophistication) the title of the album is NOT '10,000 days' - if you can then my hat is off to you. If you cant - change the god damn thread title - and appologize to every Tool fan for calling them stupid.
03-05-2006, 01:12 PM

You're mad. And I win at Teh Internetz. Calling people n00bs is soooo.... 1998.
I'm not better than the tool fans here. Just you.

Sugar and Dumpling,

gl0tch
Old 03-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #97
Level 7 - Loquacious

You're mad. And I win at Teh Internetz. Calling people n00bs is soooo.... 1998.
I'm not better than the tool fans here. Just you.

Sugar and Dumpling,

gl0tch
OFFLINE |  
tool25's Avatar tool25
03-05-2006, 01:12 PM

who cares its TOOl. they can name the cd whatver they want
Old 03-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #98
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 20

who cares its TOOl. they can name the cd whatver they want
03-05-2006, 01:16 PM

I agree, I don't believe this will be the title of the new record
Old 03-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #99
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

I agree, I don't believe this will be the title of the new record
Andy DV's Avatar Andy DV
03-05-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornDown
yea the fact that he took it off toolband but kept it on ta and made it an exclusive is troubling...makes me more inclined to see it as legit.but then again i dont really care. i think this is the first time ive ever given an album title a second thought.
I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Andy DV?"
Old 03-05-2006, 01:28 PM   #100
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornDown
yea the fact that he took it off toolband but kept it on ta and made it an exclusive is troubling...makes me more inclined to see it as legit.but then again i dont really care. i think this is the first time ive ever given an album title a second thought.
I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Andy DV?"
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-06-2006, 12:22 AM

For tonight. Will comment when the physical disk is in my hand.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:22 AM   #101
Level 7 - Loquacious

For tonight. Will comment when the physical disk is in my hand.
OFFLINE |  
Staticfactory's Avatar Staticfactory
03-06-2006, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Learn to Swim.
You automatically forfeit all credibility when you quote a Tool song in a [seemingly] thoughtful post.

P.S - You used the term "hearsay" (heresy) to describe the situation with the title announcement appearing on Toolband before Toolarmy and attempted to use this point as leverage for your argument. Considering your supporting arguments are all based on nothing but speculation (and attempted deduction) I wouldn't be quick to say that your opinion is more valid than the other Tool fans that you successfully insulted.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:07 AM   #102
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Learn to Swim.
You automatically forfeit all credibility when you quote a Tool song in a [seemingly] thoughtful post.

P.S - You used the term "hearsay" (heresy) to describe the situation with the title announcement appearing on Toolband before Toolarmy and attempted to use this point as leverage for your argument. Considering your supporting arguments are all based on nothing but speculation (and attempted deduction) I wouldn't be quick to say that your opinion is more valid than the other Tool fans that you successfully insulted.
03-06-2006, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staticfactory
P.S - You used the term "hearsay" (heresy)
Uh, I'm pretty sure he meant hearsay.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:15 AM   #103
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
Uh, I'm pretty sure he meant hearsay.
OFFLINE |  
plexus's Avatar plexus
03-06-2006, 10:37 AM

Quote:

yea youre an idiot. hearsay is a word.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:37 AM   #104
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17

Quote:

OFFLINE |  
Sagacious Foetu
03-06-2006, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Perhaps I should have titled this thread, "This Thread Warrants a Response."
you're kind of an asshole, you know that?

-- Third Eye
Old 03-06-2006, 10:38 AM   #105

Quote:
Perhaps I should have titled this thread, "This Thread Warrants a Response."

-- Third Eye
OFFLINE |  
evfain
03-06-2006, 10:43 AM

I dunno, at this point I'm thinking more that it is 10,000 Days. But, I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that it could stand for something else. I know Myriad has been mentioned before, and I kinda hope it's that. Just sounds/looks cooler to me.
Old 03-06-2006, 10:43 AM   #106
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I dunno, at this point I'm thinking more that it is 10,000 Days. But, I'm not going to dismiss the possibility that it could stand for something else. I know Myriad has been mentioned before, and I kinda hope it's that. Just sounds/looks cooler to me.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-06-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagacious Foetu

You're in love with me.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #107
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagacious Foetu

You're in love with me.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-06-2006, 11:24 AM

I just noticed that the post on toolband regarding 10,000 days is the only one NOT underscored by a purple BMB.'

that's peculiar....
Old 03-06-2006, 11:24 AM   #108
Level 7 - Loquacious

I just noticed that the post on toolband regarding 10,000 days is the only one NOT underscored by a purple BMB.'

that's peculiar....
OFFLINE |  
03-06-2006, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus
I don't believe I stated that "hearsay" is not a word. I put 'heresy' in brackets beside it for a reason. Come on now.

Old 03-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #109
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexus
I don't believe I stated that "hearsay" is not a word. I put 'heresy' in brackets beside it for a reason. Come on now.

03-06-2006, 12:22 PM

Quote:

You're an idiot. You just didnt open your 3rd eye and let yourself sprial out while reading his post.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:22 PM   #110
Banned.

Bincount™: 3442

Quote:

You're an idiot. You just didnt open your 3rd eye and let yourself sprial out while reading his post.
OFFLINE |  
03-06-2006, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel
Hah! Well done.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #111
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel
Hah! Well done.
03-06-2006, 08:58 PM

said it once, i'll say it again....

march 3- 10,000 days 'leaked' as title

march 7 through 14- artwork will be 'leaked'

march 15 through 25- tracklisting will be 'leaked'

april 1- we will all get a good laugh

april 2- real title, artwork, tracklisting will be leaked
Old 03-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #112
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 39

OFFLINE |  
Ryan's Avatar Ryan
03-06-2006, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3b2w

sounds right.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #113
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3996

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3b2w

sounds right.
03-06-2006, 09:06 PM

Quote:

How's this for some facts:

10,000 Days

Tool has recently finished recording and mastering their fourth full-length studio album titled 10,000 Days. The new album title announcement was posted on the official Tool website on March 3, 2006; however, the same day, this announcment was moved to the fanclub exclusive area at Toolarmy.com. Why it was posted non-exclusively and then moved remains a mystery, but since then, the title has been reposted on the main website. Considering the events preceding the release of Lateralus, during which the band promoted the false title Systema Encéphale, 10,000 Days is not necessarily a final title, but its repost on the main website lends some additional credibility. There have been many rumors about the newest release, including potential stylistic changes, possible titles and a slew of release dates. Since the members of Tool avoid press and rarely grant interviews, there was little evidence to support any of these claims.

Nevertheless, well accepted facts are that the new record was completed on January 29, 2006, was mastered on January 31 and will be released "sometime in May, and hopefully earlier in that month as opposed to later." Tourmates Fantômas and Meshuggah have been cited as recent influences.

So wait a second, Tool promoted a fake album name with Lateralus! Why would they do that? Why to stop leaks of course! And why exactly do you idiots believe they wouldn't do the same thing this time around? Do you really believe they would release the album name this early after apparently being so concerned with leaks? Don't think so, and the fact that you guys actually believe Tool would make an album named 10,000 days proves your idiocy further. The real album name will be released with the single.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #114

Quote:

10,000 Days

Tool has recently finished recording and mastering their fourth full-length studio album titled 10,000 Days. The new album title announcement was posted on the official Tool website on March 3, 2006; however, the same day, this announcment was moved to the fanclub exclusive area at Toolarmy.com. Why it was posted non-exclusively and then moved remains a mystery, but since then, the title has been reposted on the main website. Considering the events preceding the release of Lateralus, during which the band promoted the false title Systema Encéphale, 10,000 Days is not necessarily a final title, but its repost on the main website lends some additional credibility. There have been many rumors about the newest release, including potential stylistic changes, possible titles and a slew of release dates. Since the members of Tool avoid press and rarely grant interviews, there was little evidence to support any of these claims.

Nevertheless, well accepted facts are that the new record was completed on January 29, 2006, was mastered on January 31 and will be released "sometime in May, and hopefully earlier in that month as opposed to later." Tourmates Fantômas and Meshuggah have been cited as recent influences.

So wait a second, Tool promoted a fake album name with Lateralus! Why would they do that? Why to stop leaks of course! And why exactly do you idiots believe they wouldn't do the same thing this time around? Do you really believe they would release the album name this early after apparently being so concerned with leaks? Don't think so, and the fact that you guys actually believe Tool would make an album named 10,000 days proves your idiocy further. The real album name will be released with the single.
Ryan's Avatar Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor

10,000 Days

So wait a second, Tool promoted a fake album name with Lateralus! Why would they do that? Why to stop leaks of course! And why exactly do you idiots believe they wouldn't do the same thing this time around? Do you really believe they would release the album name this early after apparently being so concerned with leaks? Don't think so, and the fact that you guys actually believe Tool would make an album named 10,000 days proves your idiocy further.

add this to the collection:

Only one month later, they revealed that it was actually titled Lateralus and that Systema had been a ruse,[10] much to the dismay of music magazines and commercial websites who had committed headlong to the fake title.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:08 PM   #115
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

10,000 Days

So wait a second, Tool promoted a fake album name with Lateralus! Why would they do that? Why to stop leaks of course! And why exactly do you idiots believe they wouldn't do the same thing this time around? Do you really believe they would release the album name this early after apparently being so concerned with leaks? Don't think so, and the fact that you guys actually believe Tool would make an album named 10,000 days proves your idiocy further.

add this to the collection:

Only one month later, they revealed that it was actually titled Lateralus and that Systema had been a ruse,[10] much to the dismay of music magazines and commercial websites who had committed headlong to the fake title.
03-06-2006, 09:10 PM

Quote:

10,000 Days

exactly.

and why do you think blair posted it, took it off, reposted it, took it off and reposted it again? to make people believe it was a 'mistake' that he posted and that he shouldn't have given that info out. so technically, they are going about it a little more systematically than they did with lateralus.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #116
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 39

Quote:

10,000 Days

exactly.

and why do you think blair posted it, took it off, reposted it, took it off and reposted it again? to make people believe it was a 'mistake' that he posted and that he shouldn't have given that info out. so technically, they are going about it a little more systematically than they did with lateralus.
OFFLINE |  
Ryan's Avatar Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
And still, lameness would rule if Tool does the same thing twice.
they did the same thing 4 times with the signed lateralus vinyls.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:11 PM   #117
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
they did the same thing 4 times with the signed lateralus vinyls.
03-06-2006, 09:12 PM

Quote:
What? They released a fake album name + tracklist fot the Lateralus vinyls?
no, they fucked with us 4 times in terms of when they'd be up and how we'd acquire them. same deal.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:12 PM   #118
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
What? They released a fake album name + tracklist fot the Lateralus vinyls?
no, they fucked with us 4 times in terms of when they'd be up and how we'd acquire them. same deal.
03-06-2006, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Um, why? They're doing it to do anything they can to stop any form of leaks. Personally I see that as a good thing, I think they deserve as much money as possible for being one if not the best band in the world right now.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #119

Quote:
Um, why? They're doing it to do anything they can to stop any form of leaks. Personally I see that as a good thing, I think they deserve as much money as possible for being one if not the best band in the world right now.
Ryan's Avatar Ryan
03-06-2006, 09:19 PM

Quote:
correct. even by convincing toolshed.down.net to place this ugly banner on its front page for the naive masses to see.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:19 PM   #120
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
correct. even by convincing toolshed.down.net to place this ugly banner on its front page for the naive masses to see.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply