Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
03-05-2006, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gl0tch
C'mon guys (and gals)... I thought fans of Tool would be MUCH smarter than this...

The general concensus here wants another atypical neu-metal ripoff band to open for Tool in the coming months, you've been an expert on everything Alex Grey and the OTO for four years strong now (wow, look at all you minervals!), you've outgrown change, developed one heck of an online presence, nurtured quite the derogatory vocabulary, and have deciphered all the conspiratorial embroideries the world(s) has to offer...

And now, and now, AND NOW.... you're convinced the forthcoming record is called 10,00 days. On top of that, Maynard somehow just became a prick, and you know exactly how the record will sound. Wake up people. Learn to Swim. The 10,000 Days reference is just a direct insult to the most of you, your simultaneous Disturbed and Godsmack collections, your black shirts, and your Chuck Taylors. Stop finding out whats cool and esoteric from Blair and Metal Edge magazine , and start using your meat pile for good.

This was my 'blues' post.

Shut your mouth...

What are you gonna say when you learn for certain that '10,000 days' is the title?

you make me sick you piece of shit

You know as much about this title as anyone else...dont tell me that its a hoax - and dont you dare try to tell me or anyone else what '10,000 days' refers to.

go back to the junkyard you noob scumfuck
Old 03-05-2006, 02:05 AM   #41
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104
Re: The title is NOT 10,000 Days

Quote:
C'mon guys (and gals)... I thought fans of Tool would be MUCH smarter than this...

The general concensus here wants another atypical neu-metal ripoff band to open for Tool in the coming months, you've been an expert on everything Alex Grey and the OTO for four years strong now (wow, look at all you minervals!), you've outgrown change, developed one heck of an online presence, nurtured quite the derogatory vocabulary, and have deciphered all the conspiratorial embroideries the world(s) has to offer...

And now, and now, AND NOW.... you're convinced the forthcoming record is called 10,00 days. On top of that, Maynard somehow just became a prick, and you know exactly how the record will sound. Wake up people. Learn to Swim. The 10,000 Days reference is just a direct insult to the most of you, your simultaneous Disturbed and Godsmack collections, your black shirts, and your Chuck Taylors. Stop finding out whats cool and esoteric from Blair and Metal Edge magazine , and start using your meat pile for good.

This was my 'blues' post.

Shut your mouth...

What are you gonna say when you learn for certain that '10,000 days' is the title?

You know as much about this title as anyone else...dont tell me that its a hoax - and dont you dare try to tell me or anyone else what '10,000 days' refers to.

03-05-2006, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity
Shut your mouth...

You're just one of the idiots who believes every fake album title/tracklist that's thrown at you. I bet you're one of the stupid dipshits who believes the album will be political because Maynard and Danny said they didn't like our president. You sir are a fucking moron just like the 10+ people who believed that moron with his scanned letter from the UK ROFL.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:10 AM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Shut your mouth...

You're just one of the idiots who believes every fake album title/tracklist that's thrown at you. I bet you're one of the stupid dipshits who believes the album will be political because Maynard and Danny said they didn't like our president. You sir are a fucking moron just like the 10+ people who believed that moron with his scanned letter from the UK ROFL.
Nebel
03-05-2006, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor
I'm gonna laugh so hard at you when this turns out to be real. This has really made me lose loads and loads of respect for certain Tool fans, I had no idea it was this bad.. really... you're a great example of that and gl0tch
Old 03-05-2006, 02:12 AM   #43
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
I'm gonna laugh so hard at you when this turns out to be real. This has really made me lose loads and loads of respect for certain Tool fans, I had no idea it was this bad.. really... you're a great example of that and gl0tch
OFFLINE |  
03-05-2006, 02:17 AM

Quote:

Aw man...this is really depressing... I'm not even gonna respond to this garbage...

Just please ppl... If you dont like the title thats understandable - we dont know all the facts about the album for it to make sense just yet...

but I find it insulting when you try to tell me and everyone else that your CERTAIN that it is a OBVIOUSLY hoax...

Because thats not true.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:17 AM   #44
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Aw man...this is really depressing... I'm not even gonna respond to this garbage...

Just please ppl... If you dont like the title thats understandable - we dont know all the facts about the album for it to make sense just yet...

but I find it insulting when you try to tell me and everyone else that your CERTAIN that it is a OBVIOUSLY hoax...

Because thats not true.
03-05-2006, 02:19 AM

They're in denial. Some are just beginning the denial phase like that certain individual, and some are now in phase 2, what I call, frustration and having to come to terms with the fact that it COULD be the title.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:19 AM   #45
Level 8 - Vociferous

They're in denial. Some are just beginning the denial phase like that certain individual, and some are now in phase 2, what I call, frustration and having to come to terms with the fact that it COULD be the title.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Shut your mouth...

I believe I was referring to people just like you when I mentioned a strong online presence and a developed vocabulary. THANK YOU for leading by example.

toodles,

gl0tch
Old 03-05-2006, 02:21 AM   #46
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15

Quote:
Shut your mouth...

I believe I was referring to people just like you when I mentioned a strong online presence and a developed vocabulary. THANK YOU for leading by example.

toodles,

gl0tch
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel
And I am going to laugh even harder when it turns out NOT to be real. I guess the point I am trying to make is that we *should* be asking questions of EVERYTHING, including Blair Bear. Just as much as it could be the title, it also could NOT be. For christ's sake, THE POST IS TAKEN DOWN. Oh, wait, wait... Blair promised you. The same Blair who back peddled and all of a sudden took down a post right after a bitch fest about speculation. But wait... WAIT... You paid money to be more important than everyone else. So THAT means it has to be REAL.

Again, the point is NO ONE knows.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:27 AM   #47
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebel
And I am going to laugh even harder when it turns out NOT to be real. I guess the point I am trying to make is that we *should* be asking questions of EVERYTHING, including Blair Bear. Just as much as it could be the title, it also could NOT be. For christ's sake, THE POST IS TAKEN DOWN. Oh, wait, wait... Blair promised you. The same Blair who back peddled and all of a sudden took down a post right after a bitch fest about speculation. But wait... WAIT... You paid money to be more important than everyone else. So THAT means it has to be REAL.

OFFLINE |  
SadSummerSea's Avatar SadSummerSea
03-05-2006, 02:29 AM

blair bear. rah ha.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:29 AM   #48
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553

blair bear. rah ha.
OFFLINE |  
Boozy Eulogist's Avatar Boozy Eulogist
03-05-2006, 02:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabir
my guess is that it is in fact the title. it is still posted to tool army. mjk had told me they would announce it there first.
and they still managed to fuck that one up...haha
Old 03-05-2006, 02:31 AM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 52

Quote:
my guess is that it is in fact the title. it is still posted to tool army. mjk had told me they would announce it there first.
and they still managed to fuck that one up...haha
03-05-2006, 02:32 AM

Quote:

YES!

Thats all I'm saying.

The title of this thread however is "THE TITLE IS NOT 10,000 DAYS".

Nobody is in any position to make such a statement... thats just sad...

it really seems like everyone here is in denial.

The album MIGHT NOT be called 10,000 days...but who can say? Apparently some people can.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:32 AM   #50
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

YES!

Thats all I'm saying.

The title of this thread however is "THE TITLE IS NOT 10,000 DAYS".

Nobody is in any position to make such a statement... thats just sad...

it really seems like everyone here is in denial.

The album MIGHT NOT be called 10,000 days...but who can say? Apparently some people can.
03-05-2006, 02:32 AM

My rumor is better than yours!

A very bad thread.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:32 AM   #51
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 688

My rumor is better than yours!

A very bad thread.
OFFLINE |  
Nebel
03-05-2006, 02:34 AM

Listen, we're all gonna find out one way or another, all we're doing is repeating ourselves, but I'm just defending the fact that if the title is indeed 10,000 Days, why do you have to be so hard on the band? The title does have a meaning if it's true..
Old 03-05-2006, 02:34 AM   #52
Level 8 - Vociferous

Listen, we're all gonna find out one way or another, all we're doing is repeating ourselves, but I'm just defending the fact that if the title is indeed 10,000 Days, why do you have to be so hard on the band? The title does have a meaning if it's true..
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 02:39 AM

Perhaps I should have titled this thread, "This Thread Warrants a Response."
Old 03-05-2006, 02:39 AM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Perhaps I should have titled this thread, "This Thread Warrants a Response."
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Toolarmy exclusive, read better think twice.
Duh. Thats my point. Who told you it would be an exclusive? Something you read somewhere twice removed?
Old 03-05-2006, 02:40 AM   #54
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Toolarmy exclusive, read better think twice.
Duh. Thats my point. Who told you it would be an exclusive? Something you read somewhere twice removed?
OFFLINE |  
03-05-2006, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Sorry to dissapoint you - you pretentious cocksucker. Who made you the god damn judge?

Stop being such a pussy. I know you dont like the title...but chances are its real so deal with it. Dont impose.

If its not real then woopty doo... we will have another title that everyone here will shit all over...

Your opinions are welcome... just stop making everyone else feel small.
Old 03-05-2006, 02:42 AM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Sorry to dissapoint you - you pretentious cocksucker. Who made you the god damn judge?

Stop being such a pussy. I know you dont like the title...but chances are its real so deal with it. Dont impose.

If its not real then woopty doo... we will have another title that everyone here will shit all over...

03-05-2006, 03:02 AM

Quote:

again, it seems like another candidate has stepped up for the advanced vocabulary category.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:02 AM   #56
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:

again, it seems like another candidate has stepped up for the advanced vocabulary category.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Toolarmy members paid too much money for getting the same info as non-payers, that's why.
dont you think that is absurd considering when all is said and done we will be listening to the same album at the end of the day?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:03 AM   #57
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Toolarmy members paid too much money for getting the same info as non-payers, that's why.
dont you think that is absurd considering when all is said and done we will be listening to the same album at the end of the day?
OFFLINE |  
fraz's Avatar fraz
03-05-2006, 03:09 AM

out of curiosity - is the '10000 days' title still on toolarmy?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:09 AM   #58
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 24

OFFLINE |  
varg's Avatar varg
03-05-2006, 03:10 AM

Quote:
I'm serious. He had red pj's on, with blond hair and glasses
Wasn't it a suite?
Old 03-05-2006, 03:10 AM   #59
On Probation

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
I'm serious. He had red pj's on, with blond hair and glasses
Wasn't it a suite?
OFFLINE |  
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
03-05-2006, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz
Yep
Old 03-05-2006, 03:11 AM   #60
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraz
Yep
03-05-2006, 03:17 AM

Did anyone think it was suspicious the way he posted about all the rumors and then the day after posted a supposed "album title"? My theory is that the album title has already been leaked and blair came up with 10,000 Days as a read herring.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:17 AM   #61
curious george

Bincount™: 6546

Did anyone think it was suspicious the way he posted about all the rumors and then the day after posted a supposed "album title"? My theory is that the album title has already been leaked and blair came up with 10,000 Days as a read herring.
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 03:18 AM

I think its funny how some people think just because they forked out some cash for certificates and t-shirts, they are the end all be all because some theosophist told them they would be. That shit is the joke of the century.

If the new album is going to break the norm and not be a one word title for once, I propose it should be called, "Your Representations Are Your Undoing."
Old 03-05-2006, 03:18 AM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

I think its funny how some people think just because they forked out some cash for certificates and t-shirts, they are the end all be all because some theosophist told them they would be. That shit is the joke of the century.

If the new album is going to break the norm and not be a one word title for once, I propose it should be called, "Your Representations Are Your Undoing."
OFFLINE |  
gl0tch's Avatar gl0tch
03-05-2006, 03:24 AM

on that note... I win at Teh Internets.

I'm going to bed.
Old 03-05-2006, 03:24 AM   #63
Level 7 - Loquacious

on that note... I win at Teh Internets.

I'm going to bed.
OFFLINE |  
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
03-05-2006, 03:39 AM

g'night
Old 03-05-2006, 03:39 AM   #64
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

g'night
03-05-2006, 04:34 AM

i hope it turns out to be the actual title, just so you look like a douche afterwards. No offense to you, but you have no reason to make accusations about all Tool fans being "stupid" for falling for a trick, when you yourself have no clarity on the whole thing. So once again, no offense to you glotch, but I hope it is confirmed so you look like a tool.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:34 AM   #65
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

i hope it turns out to be the actual title, just so you look like a douche afterwards. No offense to you, but you have no reason to make accusations about all Tool fans being "stupid" for falling for a trick, when you yourself have no clarity on the whole thing. So once again, no offense to you glotch, but I hope it is confirmed so you look like a tool.
03-05-2006, 04:47 AM

I don't think I'd ever want an album title to be a certain thing just to say "Don't you look stupid now!" to some random forum poster.

But that's me.
Old 03-05-2006, 04:47 AM   #66
Level 7 - Loquacious

I don't think I'd ever want an album title to be a certain thing just to say "Don't you look stupid now!" to some random forum poster.

But that's me.
Rubb.'s Avatar Rubb.
03-05-2006, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tertius Oculum
Rearrange the letters.
Death's sunny toad?

I LIKE IT!!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:48 AM   #67
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tertius Oculum
Rearrange the letters.
Death's sunny toad?

I LIKE IT!!
03-05-2006, 04:54 AM

About time they did that Toadies tribute album!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:54 AM   #68
Level 7 - Loquacious

About time they did that Toadies tribute album!
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
03-05-2006, 07:21 AM

Quote:
But they didn't. They announced it on Toolband first.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:21 AM   #69
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

Quote:
But they didn't. They announced it on Toolband first.
03-05-2006, 07:25 AM

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Holy shit! That was the funniest thing I've read since June 27th, 1994!
Old 03-05-2006, 07:25 AM   #70
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 360

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Holy shit! That was the funniest thing I've read since June 27th, 1994!
03-05-2006, 07:30 AM

YOU BE SHOCKED BY THE SIGHT OF 10,000 DAYS IN THE AIR

or however that one disturbed song goes...
Old 03-05-2006, 07:30 AM   #71
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

03-05-2006, 08:12 AM

They didn't register 10000days.com or tenthousanddays.com like they said they would...
Old 03-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #72
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 236

They didn't register 10000days.com or tenthousanddays.com like they said they would...
OFFLINE |  
TenSpeed's Avatar TenSpeed
03-05-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 steps

You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of 10,000 (days) in the air...
Old 03-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 steps

You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of 10,000 (days) in the air...
OFFLINE |  
IC's Avatar IC
03-05-2006, 08:19 AM

if it is, cool, if it isnt, cool
its still cool tool fool
Old 03-05-2006, 08:19 AM   #74
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

if it is, cool, if it isnt, cool
its still cool tool fool
03-05-2006, 08:41 AM

I'm not really convinced either way on this one... mainly because i don't care.

If tool wants to call their record "suck on my penis" or "10,000 days" i'll be fine. As long as the music kicks ass.
Old 03-05-2006, 08:41 AM   #75
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

I'm not really convinced either way on this one... mainly because i don't care.

If tool wants to call their record "suck on my penis" or "10,000 days" i'll be fine. As long as the music kicks ass.
03-05-2006, 10:14 AM

i'm just finally glad that the new album will be out soon. i don't really like 10,000 days, but maybe after i listen to it and/or read the tracklistings it will make more sense.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #76
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 2

i'm just finally glad that the new album will be out soon. i don't really like 10,000 days, but maybe after i listen to it and/or read the tracklistings it will make more sense.
OFFLINE |  
Ktuluvic's Avatar Ktuluvic
03-05-2006, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Kabit knows what's up.
So is Kabit the offspring between Kabir and a rabbit?

That's about enough out of you, God. Banned.
---Paraflux
Old 03-05-2006, 10:22 AM   #77
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1540

Quote:
Kabit knows what's up.
So is Kabit the offspring between Kabir and a rabbit?

That's about enough out of you, God. Banned.
---Paraflux
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
03-05-2006, 10:33 AM

Nebel seems to be one of the few people on these entire boards with an actual brain on his shoulders.

It's so fuckin hilarious how some Tool fans think that Tool's album and song titles can't be real, English, down-to-earth words. I bet all of you types would have been absolutely up-in-arms if Aenima was just now being released and you saw track titles like "Hooker with a Penis" and "Jimmy" on the tracklisting. You'd be all "that's SOOO nu-metal" and "guys i'm worried this album is gonna suck!"

Really sad. If it's called 10,000 Days, which it probably is, there's a very significant meaning behind it, just like like Lateralus, Aenima, etc. Deal with it.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #78
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Nebel seems to be one of the few people on these entire boards with an actual brain on his shoulders.

It's so fuckin hilarious how some Tool fans think that Tool's album and song titles can't be real, English, down-to-earth words. I bet all of you types would have been absolutely up-in-arms if Aenima was just now being released and you saw track titles like "Hooker with a Penis" and "Jimmy" on the tracklisting. You'd be all "that's SOOO nu-metal" and "guys i'm worried this album is gonna suck!"

Really sad. If it's called 10,000 Days, which it probably is, there's a very significant meaning behind it, just like like Lateralus, Aenima, etc. Deal with it.
OFFLINE |  
zenkinet's Avatar zenkinet
03-05-2006, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub

we have to still see if you have a brain on your shoulders, ass kisser :P
Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #79
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 13

Quote:

we have to still see if you have a brain on your shoulders, ass kisser :P
OFFLINE |  
dracomordag's Avatar dracomordag
03-05-2006, 10:35 AM

Quote:

+1
Old 03-05-2006, 10:35 AM   #80
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Location: UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE UNBAN SHADE IMO
Bincount™: 8627

Quote:

+1

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply