Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive » Rumors
User Name
Password
the usual's Avatar the usual
03-09-2006, 10:18 AM

Yea I didn't think about the disturbed album title and if I read about it,I obiviously blocked it out of my mind,thus,I am totally convinced that this title is a decoy.

There I said it!
Old 03-09-2006, 10:18 AM   #201
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
Re: The title is NOT 10,000 Days

Yea I didn't think about the disturbed album title and if I read about it,I obiviously blocked it out of my mind,thus,I am totally convinced that this title is a decoy.

There I said it!
OFFLINE |  
circulus's Avatar circulus
03-09-2006, 10:28 AM

10th_millennium?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_millennium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_10%2C000_problem

1 year * 10,000 = ?!

oh fuck all this shit.. oO

Last edited by circulus; 03-10-2006 at 03:34 AM..
Old 03-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #202
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 17

10th_millennium?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10th_millennium
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_10%2C000_problem

1 year * 10,000 = ?!

oh fuck all this shit.. oO

Last edited by circulus; 03-10-2006 at 03:34 AM..
OFFLINE |  
ProdigyDub's Avatar ProdigyDub
03-09-2006, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcM_Emperor
So then I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to argue? The point I was trying to make is that Tool have released a fake album name before to prevent leaks, why wouldn't this be the same thing? You've admitted several times you know it could be a leak, so what's your stance?

Thanks for calling me childish and a fool, your maturity is overwhelming. Unfortunately your only "argument" is calling me names and talking about how un-intelligent my argument is when in fact it's perfectly logical.

1. Tool gave out a fake name in the months prior to the Lateralus release to do anything they could to stop leaks

2. There's no reason they wouldn't do that again, after all... it's to stop leaks!

3. Many people have suspected the title to be a fake, due to it being nothing like any Tool album name in the past nor something most fans could see being a title for a future album.

4. The latest mini-review from someone who heard the album in Australia said the album IS NOT NAMED YET! Wouldnt this mean that the album name is in fact NOT 10,000 days?

So despite how childish I am and how idiotic my argument is, for some reason when you put all the evidence together this name seems like a fake(especially the australian mini-review detailing how the album is NOT named, phew how will you refute that one?). *Waits for Prodigys post that has no counter-argument but rather endless insults*
I really don't even think you're actually reading my posts. I haven't called you a single name other than a condescending fool...which is absolutely true. I'm not calling you idiot, moron, whatever...I'm just saying your tone is not at all warranted.

And you're still not even listening to what I'm saying--releasing a fake album title does NOT prevent leaks when people have such high doubts that the title is even real. Do you get this? It's really very simple. But every time I say it it's almost like you don't even read it.

I'm not saying the album title isn't fake. I'm ONLY saying the people citing all the reasons why it's certainly, definitely fake are using very poor evidence to support their claims.

Last edited by ProdigyDub; 03-09-2006 at 03:07 PM..
Old 03-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #203
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
So then I'm not exactly sure what point you're trying to argue? The point I was trying to make is that Tool have released a fake album name before to prevent leaks, why wouldn't this be the same thing? You've admitted several times you know it could be a leak, so what's your stance?

Thanks for calling me childish and a fool, your maturity is overwhelming. Unfortunately your only "argument" is calling me names and talking about how un-intelligent my argument is when in fact it's perfectly logical.

1. Tool gave out a fake name in the months prior to the Lateralus release to do anything they could to stop leaks

2. There's no reason they wouldn't do that again, after all... it's to stop leaks!

3. Many people have suspected the title to be a fake, due to it being nothing like any Tool album name in the past nor something most fans could see being a title for a future album.

4. The latest mini-review from someone who heard the album in Australia said the album IS NOT NAMED YET! Wouldnt this mean that the album name is in fact NOT 10,000 days?

So despite how childish I am and how idiotic my argument is, for some reason when you put all the evidence together this name seems like a fake(especially the australian mini-review detailing how the album is NOT named, phew how will you refute that one?). *Waits for Prodigys post that has no counter-argument but rather endless insults*
I really don't even think you're actually reading my posts. I haven't called you a single name other than a condescending fool...which is absolutely true. I'm not calling you idiot, moron, whatever...I'm just saying your tone is not at all warranted.

And you're still not even listening to what I'm saying--releasing a fake album title does NOT prevent leaks when people have such high doubts that the title is even real. Do you get this? It's really very simple. But every time I say it it's almost like you don't even read it.

I'm not saying the album title isn't fake. I'm ONLY saying the people citing all the reasons why it's certainly, definitely fake are using very poor evidence to support their claims.

Last edited by ProdigyDub; 03-09-2006 at 03:07 PM..
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA
03-09-2006, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by circulus
Does this mean my Toshiba laptop might stop working in the year 10,000?

God, I hate Wikipedia.
Old 03-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #204
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
Originally Posted by circulus

God, I hate Wikipedia.
OFFLINE |  
circulus's Avatar circulus
03-09-2006, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima

God, I hate Wikipedia.
smart answer.
good for you.
In fact, I don´t give a shit about the fckn name of the new album and about what U think.. Just wait... shut up and wait.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:10 PM   #205
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow to Anima

God, I hate Wikipedia.
smart answer.
good for you.
In fact, I don´t give a shit about the fckn name of the new album and about what U think.. Just wait... shut up and wait.
03-09-2006, 12:18 PM

i found this when i was messing around, looking for 10000 days on google. It's a quote by a Dr. Wayne Dyer:
"Have you really lived 10,000 or more days,
or have you lived one day 10,000 or more times?"

not sure what this could have to do with the title, but I thought it was interesting
Old 03-09-2006, 12:18 PM   #206
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

i found this when i was messing around, looking for 10000 days on google. It's a quote by a Dr. Wayne Dyer:

not sure what this could have to do with the title, but I thought it was interesting
OFFLINE |  
STA's Avatar STA
03-09-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilikus

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=37256
Old 03-09-2006, 12:28 PM   #207
STA
Banned.

Bincount™: 11285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilikus

http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=37256
OFFLINE |  
Happyfunball's Avatar Happyfunball
03-09-2006, 08:32 PM

Quote:
If you're referring to the Andy King review, that was posted in mid-February in which case, at the time of that particular listening they perhaps were not offering an album title (nor did they offer any track listings as well).

The title "10,000 Days" was not revealed until Blair's mentioning of it at the beginning of March so the point is arguement really has no relevence.

Sometimes dates and times mean everything when quibbling over possible facts. In this case, it could easily be fact that no title was given at that particular moment in Australia meaning his comment about it not being named yet would still be perfectly valid while the "fact" that the disc is now to be named 10,000 Days could still be absolutely true as well.

Did I mention yet that none of this arguing of points and suspicions even matters anyways? When the disc comes out, everyone will know what it is and none of this wasted energy will be able to be re-gained. I myself am missing out on some valuable masterbation time by even responding to this post. Nonetheless, you seem like a well-intentioned person so I felt maybe you would welcome this opinion.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #208
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
If you're referring to the Andy King review, that was posted in mid-February in which case, at the time of that particular listening they perhaps were not offering an album title (nor did they offer any track listings as well).

The title "10,000 Days" was not revealed until Blair's mentioning of it at the beginning of March so the point is arguement really has no relevence.

Sometimes dates and times mean everything when quibbling over possible facts. In this case, it could easily be fact that no title was given at that particular moment in Australia meaning his comment about it not being named yet would still be perfectly valid while the "fact" that the disc is now to be named 10,000 Days could still be absolutely true as well.

Did I mention yet that none of this arguing of points and suspicions even matters anyways? When the disc comes out, everyone will know what it is and none of this wasted energy will be able to be re-gained. I myself am missing out on some valuable masterbation time by even responding to this post. Nonetheless, you seem like a well-intentioned person so I felt maybe you would welcome this opinion.
OFFLINE |  
Mehhico's Avatar Mehhico
03-09-2006, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball

Sometimes dates and times mean everything.....

I agree with this last part...dates and times mean everything....names and origin mean nothing, huh? ie- Andy King isnt from Australia.

Your point has no relevence.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:57 PM   #209
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happyfunball

Sometimes dates and times mean everything.....

I agree with this last part...dates and times mean everything....names and origin mean nothing, huh? ie- Andy King isnt from Australia.

03-10-2006, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehhico

You forgot the word "sometimes" which implies that dates and times are not of exclusive importance. Would be nice to have been quoted more accurately in that regard then as I personally in no way believe names and origin mean nothing, nor did my comment imply such. That's a conclusion you've apparently drawn (falsely I might add), and only by first dropping a key word from my sentence so that it fits your line of thinking.

For the record, you are right regarding Andy King. He is not from Australia. I will absolutely conceed that, and I'm surprised you did not quote that moment to begin with where I basically assumed he was. But you will notice my entire post was based on the idea that tcM_Emprorer's comments may have been in reference to Andy King in which case, the point is still valid whether he was in Australia, the UK, or the local Outback Steakhouse. IF he was referring to the King review (and currently I believe he was), that review was posted in mid-February when an album title may or may not have been offered and/or decided upon. It is the only review thus far that I'm aware of which refers to the album as not yet being titled.

The only current report I've seen discussed which DOES stem from Australia is the TripleJ radio comments where he does indeed mention the album title as being 10,000 Days, so in that sense as well, tcM's comments appear to be somewhat jumbled. If there is an additional Australian account claiming that the album title has NOT been set, at best it would be in contradiction to the TripleJ information stating otherwise. Since the TripleJ information has come out, I know of no other review (from Australia or otherwise) that is still suggesting the album has not yet been titled.

I guess from my perspective, it falls back on tcM_Emporer and what he was or wasn't referring to. So, to tcM_Emporer: could you please elaborate on your thoughts and, if you were not referring to the Andy King review then what information where you referring to instead that also claims a title has not yet been decided.

Thank in advance, tcM :)
Old 03-10-2006, 05:08 PM   #210
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehhico

You forgot the word "sometimes" which implies that dates and times are not of exclusive importance. Would be nice to have been quoted more accurately in that regard then as I personally in no way believe names and origin mean nothing, nor did my comment imply such. That's a conclusion you've apparently drawn (falsely I might add), and only by first dropping a key word from my sentence so that it fits your line of thinking.

For the record, you are right regarding Andy King. He is not from Australia. I will absolutely conceed that, and I'm surprised you did not quote that moment to begin with where I basically assumed he was. But you will notice my entire post was based on the idea that tcM_Emprorer's comments may have been in reference to Andy King in which case, the point is still valid whether he was in Australia, the UK, or the local Outback Steakhouse. IF he was referring to the King review (and currently I believe he was), that review was posted in mid-February when an album title may or may not have been offered and/or decided upon. It is the only review thus far that I'm aware of which refers to the album as not yet being titled.

The only current report I've seen discussed which DOES stem from Australia is the TripleJ radio comments where he does indeed mention the album title as being 10,000 Days, so in that sense as well, tcM's comments appear to be somewhat jumbled. If there is an additional Australian account claiming that the album title has NOT been set, at best it would be in contradiction to the TripleJ information stating otherwise. Since the TripleJ information has come out, I know of no other review (from Australia or otherwise) that is still suggesting the album has not yet been titled.

I guess from my perspective, it falls back on tcM_Emporer and what he was or wasn't referring to. So, to tcM_Emporer: could you please elaborate on your thoughts and, if you were not referring to the Andy King review then what information where you referring to instead that also claims a title has not yet been decided.

Thank in advance, tcM :)
OFFLINE |  
Loveboat Captain's Avatar Loveboat Captain
03-11-2006, 04:22 PM

Who cares if it's real or not?

I avoid cliches like the plague.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #211
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 200

Who cares if it's real or not?

I avoid cliches like the plague.
OFFLINE |  
TheHolyGift's Avatar TheHolyGift
03-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Tool needs to release this fucking album NOW, or we're all gonna kill each other arguing about the title and they'll sell no records.

this band changed my life
Old 03-11-2006, 05:33 PM   #212
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 30

Tool needs to release this fucking album NOW, or we're all gonna kill each other arguing about the title and they'll sell no records.

this band changed my life
OFFLINE |  
tedium
03-12-2006, 02:39 AM

Funny how this argument seems so familiar . . . http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.p...oto=nextnewest

Anyways, I can settle this all for you right now.

You see, my brothers and sisters, the lord Maynard himself came down upon me, he did, and told me the name of the new album. In His rightousness, and in His glory, He has spoken to me the words that shall soon be gracing the CD Jackets which all of you shall possess, more numerous than the bible, the Holy Scripture of the Church of the Tool.

He Himself came to me in this vision, and he moved in close upon the wings of an angel, naked in all His glory, and whispered into my ear the title and wisdom of the next holy book of Tool, which was "AutoFellatio". This seems to be a return to the golden days of Tool, were sucking on your own dick (a la AEnima's magic cover) was the accepted norm.

Anyways, I think we should argue more about whether the title is this or the title is that, because in the grand scheme of thing its incredably important. I mean, while it has no bearing on the actual outcome, and the answer is going to be known soon enough, and the songs are going to be great regardless, this is important to argue about now, because, um, shit, I forgot where I was going with this.
Old 03-12-2006, 02:39 AM   #213
Level 4 - Thinker

Funny how this argument seems so familiar . . . http://www.toolnavy.com/showthread.p...oto=nextnewest

Anyways, I can settle this all for you right now.

You see, my brothers and sisters, the lord Maynard himself came down upon me, he did, and told me the name of the new album. In His rightousness, and in His glory, He has spoken to me the words that shall soon be gracing the CD Jackets which all of you shall possess, more numerous than the bible, the Holy Scripture of the Church of the Tool.

He Himself came to me in this vision, and he moved in close upon the wings of an angel, naked in all His glory, and whispered into my ear the title and wisdom of the next holy book of Tool, which was "AutoFellatio". This seems to be a return to the golden days of Tool, were sucking on your own dick (a la AEnima's magic cover) was the accepted norm.

Anyways, I think we should argue more about whether the title is this or the title is that, because in the grand scheme of thing its incredably important. I mean, while it has no bearing on the actual outcome, and the answer is going to be known soon enough, and the songs are going to be great regardless, this is important to argue about now, because, um, shit, I forgot where I was going with this.
OFFLINE |  
Rarefuel
03-12-2006, 04:58 AM

In my mind the only real info about the new album is the release date.

At least, I hope that part is true.
Old 03-12-2006, 04:58 AM   #214
Level 1 - Lurker

In my mind the only real info about the new album is the release date.

At least, I hope that part is true.
OFFLINE |  
ParabolicCallus's Avatar ParabolicCallus
03-12-2006, 07:05 AM

Im with Rarefuel on this.

Im only worried about the release date. Im taking every other bit of info about the album cautiously, i mean Tool have been known to fool us on a lot of occasions.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:05 AM   #215
Level 2 - Poster

Im with Rarefuel on this.

Im only worried about the release date. Im taking every other bit of info about the album cautiously, i mean Tool have been known to fool us on a lot of occasions.
OFFLINE |  
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
03-12-2006, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParabolicCallus
i mean Tool have been known to fool us on a lot of occasions.

um yah.

i agree...its sad because ive waited so long and i want some real info but its just to tough to tell.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:28 AM   #216
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParabolicCallus
i mean Tool have been known to fool us on a lot of occasions.

um yah.

i agree...its sad because ive waited so long and i want some real info but its just to tough to tell.
03-12-2006, 08:42 PM

We don't care about the fucking titles, what we care about is the music we're gonna listen to, and I think it'll be TOOL's best album. Why do we care about fucking titles anyway... they must be laughing knowing that people like us are caring so much about the titles of the album, they must think their fans are fucking retarded... and yes, we're all retarded.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:42 PM   #217
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

We don't care about the fucking titles, what we care about is the music we're gonna listen to, and I think it'll be TOOL's best album. Why do we care about fucking titles anyway... they must be laughing knowing that people like us are caring so much about the titles of the album, they must think their fans are fucking retarded... and yes, we're all retarded.
OFFLINE |  
The Official Fiction's Avatar The Official Fiction
03-13-2006, 01:37 AM

Hear, hear!
Old 03-13-2006, 01:37 AM   #218
Level 7 - Loquacious

Hear, hear!
03-13-2006, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eL-TooLo
kudos to you! yes! yes! we are retarded! i am so glad someone else sees this! :)
Old 03-13-2006, 01:54 AM   #219
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eL-TooLo
kudos to you! yes! yes! we are retarded! i am so glad someone else sees this! :)
OFFLINE |  
martyrinexile86
03-13-2006, 01:56 PM

Maynard wouldn't be that obvious. In first place, the title sounds anything but Tool-ish, u don't go from Aenima and Lateralus to something as mind-numbingly mundane as "10,000 Days'. Like others have said, Maynard's most likely doing this to provoke anticipation for the new album.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #220
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12

Maynard wouldn't be that obvious. In first place, the title sounds anything but Tool-ish, u don't go from Aenima and Lateralus to something as mind-numbingly mundane as "10,000 Days'. Like others have said, Maynard's most likely doing this to provoke anticipation for the new album.
03-13-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyrinexile86

your name is really stupid. i bet that's your email too isn't it?
Old 03-13-2006, 02:05 PM   #221
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Quote:

03-13-2006, 02:09 PM

Knowing how awesome the artwork was for the last album, I'm really excited to see what they'll come up with for the new one, their artwork has always been more innovative than alot of other bands
Old 03-13-2006, 02:09 PM   #222
Level 8 - Vociferous

Knowing how awesome the artwork was for the last album, I'm really excited to see what they'll come up with for the new one, their artwork has always been more innovative than alot of other bands
03-13-2006, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
yeah, and your point is?
Old 03-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #223
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal
yeah, and your point is?
03-13-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:
do you and maynard, like, talk on the weekend or something?
Old 03-13-2006, 02:24 PM   #224
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 21

Quote:
do you and maynard, like, talk on the weekend or something?
OFFLINE |  
idontmind462's Avatar idontmind462
03-13-2006, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Yes, but Tool would be totally lame if they did the same thing twice.
What in Tool's history, besides their music, hasn't proved them lame....

seriously?
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 03-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #225
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles
Yes, but Tool would be totally lame if they did the same thing twice.
What in Tool's history, besides their music, hasn't proved them lame....

seriously?
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
OFFLINE |  
Hannibal's Avatar Hannibal
03-13-2006, 06:19 PM

Quote:
yeah, and your point is?

exactly
Old 03-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #226
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 144

Quote: