opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Upcoming and Unreleased
User Name
Password
Old 07-19-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
...live collaborations...

One of the things contributing to the experience Tools live performances is the foreplay; the not so rare occasions when there is collaboration between the band and their guest.
A few years ago I was fortunate enough to see a show in Tacoma, WA where Tricky opened for Tool. Tricky was awesome; the group knew just how to set the presence for one of Tool's shows. During his performance, Maynard came out onto the stage and covered the lyrics to Tricky's "You don’t wanna’” (Blowback). If you have ever heard this song by Tricky, try to picture Maynard’s vocals over it! Amazing!!! The entire performance he had his back turned to the audience, bouncing to the music. I have searched all over for a recording of that event... however, no love... Sometimes it’s the memories of such events that make them so special!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #2
meh.

Bincount™: 1074
Re: ...live collaborations...

I've seen Tool collaborate with The Melvins, Tricky, and Messhugah.

Messhugah was easily my least favorite opening act, but their contributions to Triad were amazing. I don't know if it matched The Melvins' contributions during the '98 non-Ozzfest summer tour, but it certainly came close.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:23 AM   #3
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Brightwell
I've seen Tool collaborate with The Melvins, Tricky, and Messhugah.

Messhugah was easily my least favorite opening act, but their contributions to Triad were amazing. I don't know if it matched The Melvins' contributions during the '98 non-Ozzfest summer tour, but it certainly came close.
word to that, i have not seen tool live outside of bootlegs, but bootlegs of the 1998 shows with buzz are awesome. buzz singing stranglehold in the last show in san jose is terrific.
It stays there like Excalibur
Are you my Arthur?
Say you are

Take this cool dark steeled blade
Steal it, sheath it
In your lake
I drown with you to be together
Must you breathe?
Cos I need Heaven
Old 09-02-2005, 05:33 AM   #4
predicticus maximus

Bincount™: 2

I actually really enjoyed watching Meshuggah open.. they werent as good as Tomahawk.. Mike Patton.. he made fun of like 10 people in the crowd.. It was hilarious.
As for working with people..Triad duh, but its been done with so many people.. guys from meshuggah, system of a down, John stainer of tomahawk, john pablo, Dale of the melvins, also Atsuko of Shonen Knife..
Buzz was amazing on the 98 tour..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: