opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2006, 04:57 AM   #1001
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/16 - Toronto, CAN - Hummingbird Centre

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbackagain2
I did ticket fast and still haven't got my tickets....I keep checking constantly....I saw audioslave twice last year. ONce at the kool haus and once at the acc. Both shows were awsome chris cornell is amazing and so is tom morello. Tom went to highschool with adam jones. Im sure you guys are aware of the relationship between tool and rage. Tom morello introduced adam to someone I forget who.(It was either MJK or danny) Maynard also sings on the evil empire record on the song know your enemy. He sings the part thats like "I got no patience now bla bla bla screammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" My favourite part of the song but IM sure you all knew that anyway.

I don't think they will release more tickets. ON hob and edge website they have the show listed as sold out. So does ticketmaster. Why would they lie? Face it the only way your going if you don't have tickets is sleeping with a scalper like sianspheric.

BTW sianspheric is a good band.
Tool needs to do another song with Mr. Henry Rollins. I saw his spoken word show a few months ago and it was awesome! He is so good on Bottom and he compliments Maynard's singing so well !
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 05:28 AM   #1002
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobot
AM I gonna be the youngest TDN member at the show?

16?
Sweet jebus!

OK, nobody is allowed to e-flirt with Sobot for another two years.
Old 04-26-2006, 05:46 AM   #1003
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bino
Sweet jebus!

OK, nobody is allowed to e-flirt with Sobot for another two years.
Holy shit, think of it this way....Sobot was 3 years old when Undertow was released and 2 years old when Opiate was!! lol
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 05:53 AM   #1004
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye
Holy shit, think of it this way....Sobot was 3 years old when Undertow was released and 2 years old when Opiate was!! lol
I know this sounds lame, and I certainly don’t mean it as a slight on Sobot, but reading that was like getting ass raped by father time.

I’m twice his age!

I’m contemplating going home and doing my best Michael Hutchence impression. (not really, but, you know).

Man, to be 16 again…

Stay in school, Sobot! Say no to drugs!
Old 04-26-2006, 06:13 AM   #1005
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I know this sounds lame, and I certainly don’t mean it as a slight on Sobot, but reading that was like getting ass raped by father time.

I’m twice his age!

I’m contemplating going home and doing my best Michael Hutchence impression. (not really, but, you know).

Man, to be 16 again…

LOL, at the Michael Hutchence impression!!

BTW, I did not mean that as a ass rape towards anyone...I think it is awesome that younger fans are enjoying Tool as much as us old guys! lol

The best thing about this show it that it is in less than three weeks. One of the times I saw tool I had to wait over three months after I had tickets in hand...it was pure torture!!

Last edited by Eighteenth Eye; 04-26-2006 at 06:24 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 AM   #1006
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 19

I have my radio set to edge and usually I wake up to nothing special, but this morning I woke up to TOOL and it was BEST EVER! I was still half asleep when the alarm went off so I started humming along to the song then I realized HEY IT'S TOOL AND THAT RULES!

Calabi-Yau, Spoon's already got his tickets (he picked them up) and there was no name change. He mentioned the tickets say NO AUDIO/VISUAL RECORDINGS or something like that, so that might be the change?

Capt, you raise a good point. I don't know what the hell they're going to do about cell phones. I know they piss me off.

And the floor has a SWEET slope. See these
http://www.lares-lexicon.com/install...ummingbird.jpg
http://www.rpginc.com/projects/projectimages/humm1.jpg
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #1007
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Not a day goes by that I don't anticipate this show. It's going to be my first tool show. So freaking pumped. words can't describe the way I feel about this band right now. I thought I was the young one at 22 but finally someone who is younger. Thanks for relieving me of that position. haha
Old 04-26-2006, 07:01 AM   #1008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystictigress

I found a pic of the stage. Kind of small but you get the idea.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a42...o_entertai.jpg

Last edited by imbackagain2; 04-26-2006 at 07:15 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:15 AM   #1009
Level 7 - Loquacious

mystic - did you hear anything of the alledged tix giveaway(s) on cfny yet?
THX 4 those hummingbrd pix, the second one is real good for the perspective (although I think that's the Mezz/Balcony level, don't think Orch is quite as steep

Don't forget Calabi-Yau is in the enviable position of getting his tix from the Fan Club so (in his case) there might be different rules/earlier pick-up times Etc.

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:23 AM   #1010
Level 7 - Loquacious

Old 04-26-2006, 07:23 AM   #1011
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

nice pics of hummer centre. looks like the second one is the mezz and balc.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:24 AM   #1012
Level 7 - Loquacious

Capt., after the tune finished Josie just said something like "new rock from Tool. New album out May 2nd. And for Tool fans the Hummingbird Centre May 16th" No mention of prizes or anything. :( And the second one is the Mezz/Balcony. First one is the orchestra. Hah, I just remembered when I was little I met Big Bird in the far right aisle. Oh, good times.

Imback you have two below you. Myself (a wee bit younger) and Sobot. My first Tool concert too and SO EXCITED!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:32 AM   #1013
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bino - I'm figuring (your link) is about where my vantage point will be as I get my TOOL-DROOL on!

Back in-tha-day what did B-Brd think of your Du mystic (almost like comparing feathers Eh!)

"There's ppl who defend your borders, There's ppl who work on your plumbing, but the ppl who make your life worth living are the ppl who celebrate the freedom 2 b able 2 express yourself and have enjoyment of song and dance" - MJK
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:35 AM   #1014

Quote:

I’m twice his age!

Man, to be 16 again…

Yeah, that was painful to realize. I have a cousin who is 16 and I still think of her as my "baby" cousin. LOL
I also think it's great that Tool's fan base continues to grow.

Hey mystictigress, how cool is that? Waking up to Tool, what a great way to start the day. Thanks for the pics. I can clearly see my seat in the first one. kewl.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:43 AM   #1015
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Sith Park
Back in-tha-day what did B-Brd think of your Du mystic (almost like comparing feathers Eh!)
I have no idea what this means, if it was directed at me...nothing. It's like you're speaking elvish or Icelandic or something.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #1016
Level 7 - Loquacious

Sorry 4 the confusion Bino

The 2nd part was directed mystic's way - She was lamenting on hangin' w/ Big Brd at the Hummer, I was asking if they compared notes on Hair style's LOL!

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:57 AM   #1017
Level 7 - Loquacious

That's funny, To read back (my Icelandic post) that confused Bino, I'm laughing .... can't er, ... (Tee-Hee) type ... (LOL!)

Bino man u kill me!

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 07:58 AM   #1018
Level 7 - Loquacious

seeyouauntie, it was awesome! Ususally I keep hitting the sleep button a couple times, but this morning Tool put enough energy in me to get up and start studying. Yay studying?!?

LOL Capt. and Bino's confusion. Cute. I'm pretty sure B-Bird ruffled my "feathers" when he gave me a hug. His hair is superior as it goes up, whereas mine goes out :P
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 08:25 AM   #1019

Mystic- how old are you?

Bino-That pic looks like it's from the left side. So on the ticket would that be the left or right side?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:37 AM   #1020
Level 7 - Loquacious

Got it.

Here I was, all self-conscious (thanks again, Sobot!) trying to decipher that post like I’m my 67 year old dad trying to undertand just WTF is happening in South Park – the movie.

I’m like:

“B-brd? WTF is that? Bino-Bird? Is that how the kids talk these days? Jesus Christ! Why the fuck do they drop the “i” in bird? Is this more cyber-speak? And what the fuck iis bird? Is it like “dawg” or something…for Canucks? And what the fuck is "Du"? Like Husker du? They were a big alternative band in the 80’s. Ahhhh…the 80’s. Wait, Sobot wasn’t born until, like, nineteen-fucking-ninety! Oh shit, now I feel old again!

(shakes fist at monitor) Why must you mock me!

I think ppl should meet for a drink or something before the show. Just to say “hi”. This is a cool little community.

Any takers? Sobot – if you’ve got fake ID I’ll buy you a drink.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:38 AM   #1021
Level 7 - Loquacious

left

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 08:43 AM   #1022
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'm game for a drink.
Hahahaha bird being the new dawg. That'd be funny. Isn't bird 50s speak for a girl? So we'd be going back in time, yo.

imbackagain, I'm 20 :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 08:53 AM   #1023
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Isn't bird 50s speak for a girl? So we'd be going back in time, yo.
I don't think so much 50's speak as just British speak, although yeah, it was certainly more common waaaaay back in the day. I dunno if Brits still call chicks birds.

Is that where pigeons (remember the reply to TLC's "scrubs"?) came from? Man, doesn't get more off topic than this. Sorry.

As far as a drink, for any who are interested, I'm trying to think of places near the HBC. Thoughts?
Old 04-26-2006, 09:09 AM   #1024
Level 7 - Loquacious

I can't take this anymore LOL!!! .... My ribs r hurting, fuk!

Once we get a spot picked out let me know, there has to b some cozy lil' place at the bottom of downtown Trawna!

I'd imagine the surrounding area may be a damn busy place come the 16th

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 09:27 AM   #1025
Level 7 - Loquacious

Only place I can think of is Jack Astor's. Which is far from cosy. It is loud and busy. But close!

Hahaha TLC's scrubs. Man that song was huge and I hated it so much.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 09:41 AM   #1026
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Only place I can think of is Jack Astor's. Which is far from cosy. It is loud and busy. But close!
Yeah, we can do better than Jack's or Lone Star or whatever. Let me think about it. Too bad the show isn't on Queen West or something. Still, I'm sure there is a more casual pub type place not far from the HBC. I'll think of something.
Old 04-26-2006, 09:43 AM   #1027
Level 7 - Loquacious

Sobot - Do you like some of the older TOOL stuff ?
I remember seein' them (Metallica that is) at Maple Leaf Gardens for the 'And Justice for All tour' in '88
They haven't been the same since Cliff died - R.I.P

(For those who want to be included) Close is probably a good thing, Doesn't really matter 2 me where, mayb take suggestions from the others, see what they say?

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #1028
jdp

Quote:
I think ppl should meet for a drink or something before the show. Just to say “hi”. This is a cool little community.

Any takers? Sobot – if you’ve got fake ID I’ll buy you a drink.
I'm down for a drink.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:02 AM   #1029

What about the loose moose? It's on bay street just down from the royal york. It's a cool place. Chicks hang their bras from the roof. They get a free drink if they do it or something but thats because they have to do it while standing on the bar. It's a great place to go for leaf games. Good food to. I reccomend the hat trick. I might be able to meet up. Im coming in a limo with like 8 other people who are going to see the black crows so it might be difficult to figure out what time ill actually get downtown.

Mystic--good to know theres chicks my age who like tool. Im yet to meet one in person.

Last edited by imbackagain2; 04-26-2006 at 10:12 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #1030
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
What about the loose moose?
Yeah, that works.

The Loose Moose
146 Front Street W.
Toronto, Ontario M5J 1G2

Phone: (416) 977-8840

"The Loose Moose is a place to relax, unwind and watch a game with your buddies. Featuring an extensive pub menu, choose from a wide array of sandwiches, burgers and salads. Reservations are not required"

Maybe like 6:00 or 6:30 or something? What time does the show start? 8? Get to the HBC for 7:30 or something? Therefore meet around 6:30, hang out for 45 minutes, and hour, then head over (individually or as a group - whatevs)?
Old 04-26-2006, 10:20 AM   #1031

Quote:
Yeah, that works.

Maybe like 6:00 or 6:30 or something? What time does the show start? 8? Get to the HBC for 7:30 or something? Therefore meet around 6:30, hang out for 45 minutes, and hour, then head over (individually or as a group - whatevs)?

Show is at 8 and doors at 7:30 I believe. I can't guarantee my attendance but if I can make it happen.......I will. Any body smoke stuff other then cigarettes going to attend? Cause if they are then thats what ill be doing. :)

Last edited by imbackagain2; 04-26-2006 at 10:24 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 10:25 AM   #1032
Level 7 - Loquacious

Thought I saw posts about that back a few pgs., occasionally, absolutely not for this show (want me full focus and attention straight ahead) think I'll grab just a drink

OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 10:27 AM   #1033

I respect that

although I am a chronic. So for me it's the only way to see tool. Thats how I listen to them, Thats how I play there music. Thats how im going to see them.

There was a post a few pages back but nothing was established. (Because they're potheads.hahahah)
Old 04-26-2006, 10:38 AM   #1034
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
I respect that although I am a chronic.
Same here. I'm sure I'll cook a lil' rocket before I enter the arena, but I'm not going to go nuts and I prolly won't fire one up during the show. I wanna be pretty level-headed for this. I'll get way Chinese once it's over - something to calm my nerves 'cuz Ii know I'll be all butterflies and goosebumps and shit.

Quote:
There was a post a few pages back but nothing was established. (Because they're potheads.hahahah)
LOL.

Anyhow, to anybody who is interested, I'll be hoisting a frosty one at the Loose Moose around 6:00 and will split around 7:15 to get to the gig for 7:30. I'll be the tall, thin dork with short brown hair and a goatee (if anybody tells me I look like Tom Green I will not be held responsible for my foot being lodged up your ass, btw) and a TOOL shirt, red eyes and a giant fucking smile like the Cheshire Cat (like this only not purple, fat or tailed - http://www.webmikey.com/images/wallpaper/cheshirecat.jpg)
Old 04-26-2006, 10:42 AM   #1035

Ill be wearing a backwards blue oakley hat with a black and purple aniema tool shirt. I have semi long blonde hair.

I have a buddy who saw a pinkfloyd tribute there and supposedly they're really tight about smoking anything in there. Unlike the acc where you can smoke and burn anywhere in the pit

Last edited by imbackagain2; 04-26-2006 at 10:47 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #1036
Level 7 - Loquacious

Hey - from the toolband website:

THE FOLLOWING IS A MESSAGE FROM MJK "Many people are complaining about the sold out shows. Relax. We're doing a full on tour at the end of the summer which goes almost everywhere. And in the new year, we'll go almost everywhere else. These are just a handful of warm-up dates. There's nothing much we can do to out wit the scalpers. If you have patience, just don't buy the tickets from them. just wait until August. Screw them. Believe me, if I could design a virus that would leave scalpers totally impotent, mute, and penniless, I would. Same goes for lawyers. (I have a whole different virus in mind for mini vans. More on that later.)" (NOTE: This was already posted on the TA message board, but I'm re-posting it for non-members).
Old 04-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #1037
Level 7 - Loquacious

imback, I don't know any females of any age in person who like Tool so it'll be a first for me to see females at the concert, as ridiculous as that sounds.

Loose Moose sounds good to me!
I'll post a pic eventually so if closer to the date the Loose Moose meetup is still on we will be able to recognize each other.

Bino, are you sure you can't be purple? I would look forward to that! :P

I imagine they would be pretty strict about smoking so that the children attending Dora after the concert aren't subjected to remnants of certain smells they probably aren't familiar with. hahaha.
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #1038

Id like to thank MJK and I will definately be attending those other shows as well. Stick it to the scalpers
Old 04-26-2006, 11:04 AM   #1039
Level 7 - Loquacious

My girlfriend likes TOOL, but only kinda sorta, and prolly just because I'm a fanatic. Same way i pretend to like her parents, I suppose.

Anyhow, at Copps in 2002, about one minutes in to the opening song (the Grudge) she had to sit her ass down because between the herb and the bass she was feeling TOOL in her guts and was like "Whoa".

It was kinda awesome - insanely powerful (the band, that is)

Anyhow, I asked her if she wanted to go this time around and she said absolutely she did, and I reminded her about the Copps show and she laughed and said she is much tougher now. We shall see. But, perhaps if she hears the squeals and sees crazy chick hair flopping around (it isn't like Sideshow Bob now, is it?) she'll feel more comfy. She sees TOOL as a boy band (not in the 98 degrees sense) and she is right. The tool fan base needs more chicks like Christopher Walken needs more cowbell.

Last edited by Bino; 04-26-2006 at 11:25 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 04-26-2006, 11:36 AM   #1040
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
. The tool fan base needs more chicks like Christopher Walken needs more cowbell.
Bino has a FEVER!
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: