opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Ænema
User Name
Password
Old 12-01-2002, 04:59 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Evolution

Water is life. It brings it and it can take it away.
Look at it this way. The suited being at the beginning is "God", if you will, and the claymation creature is a representation of man being created, and God then leaves man alone to fend for himself in the middle of nowhere blinded to all that surrounds him by that cloak. Man has to find his own way around and find a way to pull his blinders off. And he does. So he goes around his world running into other creatures like him and he's amazed. Then he starts to find out about the evolutionary powers of water and he gets curious.

As the evolution of consciousness theory presented in 46&2 says, the next level of evolution of the mind is what they call the Christ consciousness, where we will be aware of the underlying energies that connect everything that we see. Perhaps omnipotent power that we ca't even conceive of. So naturally, like even the Bible tells us in the Genesis chapter, God doesn't want this. We are forbidden to go past our point of knowledge and evolve. So He then tries to distract man and with obstacles that shake his existence and rattles his entire world, shown in the video by the suited man throwing the little guy around in his box.

But it is too late, man has discovered the wonders of life and the endless possibilities that evolution might bring. So he studies the water, he touches it, he plays with it until he finally completely bathes in it. And change happens. An evolution that affects every cell of man's being.

And then the little guy lives happily ever after with four arms and his new siamese pet.
Well, this is one way to look at it. Maybe this video would've been more suited for the song 46 & 2 but in the end they are both about accepting change,,,,like stinkfist too actually.

Anyways you guys should check P.D. Oudensky's book "The Psychology of Man's Possible Evolution" for some more intersting views on evolution of the mind. Later
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2002, 06:57 PM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Great, just great interpretation.

In the beginning, I thought it was more about the end of the world,the suited guy being the "business man" who exploited the earth for so long until it runs out of natural ressources, that needs help to fix the problem, because the world is ending and floods are coming to flood the world (maybe they melted the poles ice, with global warming because of the pollution their industries make) but the "creatures", instead of saving the world, become one with the world and ACCEPT the fact that the end of the world is just a part of life. The world is ending, but a new one will be "born"(hence the foetus in the water) with new creatures.

but your thing about evolution makes even more sense than the end of the world.
Old 12-01-2002, 08:13 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6
A friend and i used to sit together for hours trying to find the meaning in these videos. what you said about the man in the suit being "god" and just about everything else you said is exactly what we came up with. altho you went in a bit deeper in some aspects.
Old 12-03-2002, 08:36 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

The analysis seems all sound to me and all in all covers what i myself have come up with. The only issue is that it doesnt too connect to Aenema's lyrics. Maybe the video has to come after the song...as in, the way we are now, we're stuck. In a world full of lie, hipocrisy and phony material well-being. We cannot really evolve. Thats why we need the flood. The change. The total purge. And then rebuild everything, the way it shows in the video. Perhaps only to return to the same state...

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: