opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Aug-Oct 2006
User Name
Password
Old 09-22-2006, 07:06 AM   #121
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/15 - Kansas City, MO - Kemper Arena

For all you naysayers and overly critical fucks posting thier druthers about this concert, I have but one question "Who the fuck are you to point your finger?" Seriously, this was my 4th TOOL concert and by far the best. Yes I do agree that the idiots moshing during Wings for Marie needed to open thier eyes and realize that this was not the place for such mindless acts. Yes their were drunken fools about, but name a concert where there hasn't been. For the number of idiots and fools present their was a far larger portion of people who were respectful and having a great time watching TOOL pour their hearts out to us on stage. So for all you jaded fucks who did not enjoy what was a great experience, maybe you need to take a step back and reevaluate why you listen to TOOL anyways. Get off of your soapbox and enjoy life.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-22-2006, 12:24 PM   #122
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartenderBryan View Post
Well Colt4540, I didn't say he was a great or kick ass drummer, but technically he was sound. Far superior over the rest of the shitty band (ISIS). I have been playing drums since I was 3, so I guess I see the possibility of potential in him. He did move around the set pretty well. I had seats high enough to see that. As far as the band as a whole, if they are on an elevator to hell, it must be for raping old ladies or something like that. So I will repent now, so I don't have to see them ever again. From my seats noone on the floor looked into them. They were talking to their buddies or lighting up. :) Everyone in my section (221) were looking around at each other with amazement that Tool would pick such a band to open for them. Hell over half of the arena was empty! Everyone only cheered after their songs in anticipation for the real band Tool.

As far as being impatient (hym), that has absolutely nothing to do with being a Tool fan! Just because you have to wait 4 or 5 years for an album or tour doesn't make you any more of a fan than the rest of us. But let me get this strait. Isis is "ambient", which means I am impatient because I don't like them, and because of my "impatients" I shouldn't listen to Tool. I did pay $65 for a ticket to see Tool, so if I don't like the opening band I am free to complain about it.
I think we all can agree that, considering the overall greatness of the band that is Isis, the drummer may have been the one bright spot. That is saying virtually this: within a very poor band the drummer had some potential and was a little decent.
OFFLINE |  
Old 09-22-2006, 08:51 PM   #123
Level 2 - Poster

I also agree with you ParisClitoris. Although it was a brilliant performance, there really was nothing to make this show different than say Minnesota or Detroit. Or even from other tours when Maynard wore wigs and fake breasts. I really enjoyed the show, but hopefully if they come back on the second leg we'll see the true artists that Tool was in the past.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: