opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » Disp/Refl/Triad
User Name
Password
Old 10-21-2003, 10:46 PM   #1
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Why triad belongs

Okay...please dont shoot me for this one. Now, I know this is perhaps a bit too blunt and way too shallow for tool's style of thinking but everyone is always pondering as to what triads purpose is. Well, seeing as des/ref/tri are all one song...here goes...the last words in reflection I take as instructions for Triad. Tool is all about self growth and leaving the fans some thought to chew on. Well what better way than to give them a song and allow them to "Let the light touch you and let the words spill through, let them pass right through, bringing out our hope and reason". So in short, triad is merely a canvas given to us by tool to allow us to do with as we please...thank you
Old 10-22-2003, 06:09 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 561
Re: Why triad belongs

Yes, that very well could be it. But originally, I read (maybe) that it was Disposition and Reflection that were originally conceived as one song, and that Triad was attached afterwards.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 12:32 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 6

I THINK triad is my fav out of the three...

um, i dunno, but for some reason triad eerily just reminds me of DEATH...i kinda picture me going thru an UNKNOWN tunnel, totally unaware of whats going to happen next...gotta love shrooms man..
Old 11-02-2003, 03:11 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 8

why do you have to analyze everything? can't a song just be there because they wanted it to be? But since everyone is analyzing I might as well join in the festivities.

To me Triad is simply the climax to the three peices. Disposition starts off like the calm before the storm and at the end "watch the weather change" leads into Reflection which is my fav of the three because the pace is picked up and has a nice vibe and is a beautifuly structured peice. and finally Followed by the hard climactal hurricane, Triad which is why maynard doesn't sing, he lets Adam, Justin, and Danny (the triad) do the singing so to speak.

This is just what I get out of it, some of you do the research and look up things while I just sit and listen and get what I can out of the music nothing more, nothing less.
Old 02-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Here is the reason Triad belongs. The guys decided it belongs, and they created the music in the first place. That's like you going up to a person and saying "I'm going to tell you why your left arm belongs" and then going on about why we feel that person deserves to have their left arm. Oh, first time post for me by the way. :) Hi all.
Old 03-04-2004, 12:54 PM   #6
Level 8 - Vociferous

lsn't that cute.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:32 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 26

Hey people

I always saw the three as like a story....
Disposition is like the quiet, peaceful opening and the mention of 'change' in the lyrics good refer to the linking of the next song, with the drums leading into 'Reflection' and this is the middle of the story. Then i always just saw Triad as the no lyric climax which doesn't need lyrics to express the end, jus the music. When i listen to Triad i always get a speedy, chase like vision of something moving very fast then fading out towards the end. Thanks for listening.
This is my first post, yo!
Sam
Old 05-26-2004, 01:56 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

I like triad, i like the idea that it is a blank slate, i think that goes well. And also the idea about the words at the end of reflection, thats cool too.

I like to play around with my bass when triad is playing. Sounds pretty cool. I dont sing, so, instead of making up words to sing over this blank slate of triad, i play my bass over it ... hmm ... yeah.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: