Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Artwork
User Name
Password
Insanekat's Avatar Insanekat
06-29-2006, 07:24 PM

Alright so I've looked through the booklet a number of times and am able to see them all in 3-D except for one. This being the one that I describe as being "the vicarious eyes" the two grey eyes with the black background and little bit of brown at the top. It is the third last picture (when starting from where the CD is) and before the tracklisting and after the skull and stuff sitting on the table. Anybody have any tips on how I can see this? Whenever I look I can only get 2 side eyes and the middle one so its like its got 3 eyes. I look at it the same as the others (put both eyes to the lens, go somewhat cross eyed and kind of try and look past the picture and I can kind of adjust my eyes to make it work) So yes help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if this is the right place or if anyone can help me but anything would be good. Thanks.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29
Can't get one image to work.

Alright so I've looked through the booklet a number of times and am able to see them all in 3-D except for one. This being the one that I describe as being "the vicarious eyes" the two grey eyes with the black background and little bit of brown at the top. It is the third last picture (when starting from where the CD is) and before the tracklisting and after the skull and stuff sitting on the table. Anybody have any tips on how I can see this? Whenever I look I can only get 2 side eyes and the middle one so its like its got 3 eyes. I look at it the same as the others (put both eyes to the lens, go somewhat cross eyed and kind of try and look past the picture and I can kind of adjust my eyes to make it work) So yes help would be appreciated. I'm not sure if this is the right place or if anyone can help me but anything would be good. Thanks.
06-29-2006, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanekat

That one, to me, is the toughest too. it does work, for some reason ur eyes are trained to focus on 2 eyes i think so its a little tougher. weird concept i know but it does work after a little head eye hand picture lens shifting. its just floating eyes tho. eh well. back to drankin'.

peace
Old 06-29-2006, 07:34 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5
Re: Can't get one image to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanekat

That one, to me, is the toughest too. it does work, for some reason ur eyes are trained to focus on 2 eyes i think so its a little tougher. weird concept i know but it does work after a little head eye hand picture lens shifting. its just floating eyes tho. eh well. back to drankin'.

peace
06-29-2006, 09:06 PM

I had this problem and I got it to work by focusing on the background design and then moving over to the eyes. Hope that helps.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:06 PM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I had this problem and I got it to work by focusing on the background design and then moving over to the eyes. Hope that helps.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Insanekat's Avatar Insanekat
06-30-2006, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogy09
Thank you that really helps. I'm definitely getting somewhere ^^ I'm going to keep trying that. Also, glad I'm not the only one with issues lol. Thanks guys
Old 06-30-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogy09
Thank you that really helps. I'm definitely getting somewhere ^^ I'm going to keep trying that. Also, glad I'm not the only one with issues lol. Thanks guys
07-05-2006, 02:51 PM

Yeah, that one was the only one that had me trying.

I just open my eyes wide, look through the lenses from a distance and the 3D images just appear, I move it closer to my eyes and I can start really looking. That technique always works.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
Old 07-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Yeah, that one was the only one that had me trying.

I just open my eyes wide, look through the lenses from a distance and the 3D images just appear, I move it closer to my eyes and I can start really looking. That technique always works.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
chaos_one666
07-05-2006, 08:08 PM

i usually have to cross my eyes a bit before i can see any of the images pop out. the one i almost always have trouble with is the close-up of the bird. the out-of-focus quality of the picture throws me off every time.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:08 PM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0

i usually have to cross my eyes a bit before i can see any of the images pop out. the one i almost always have trouble with is the close-up of the bird. the out-of-focus quality of the picture throws me off every time.
schmeng's Avatar schmeng
07-05-2006, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_one666
ditto
Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #7
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_one666
ditto
Dolophane's Avatar Dolophane
07-05-2006, 11:05 PM

This one is probably the toughest because it has the least references for depth. Basically just 2D design "floating" over a background.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
Old 07-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #8
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 95

This one is probably the toughest because it has the least references for depth. Basically just 2D design "floating" over a background.
"You see, for me [art]'s not one of life's ornaments, rococo relaxation to be greeted affably after a day of hard work; I'm inverted on this : for me it's my very breath, the one thing necessary, and all else is excretion and a latrine."

~Arno Schmidt
anarcho-commie's Avatar anarcho-commie
07-06-2006, 01:27 AM

I can see it as 3-d, but it doesn't look as 3-d as the other images.

I think the whole "3 eyes" thing was actually intended with this one.

I like to view it as the 3 eyes rather than the 2 3-d ones.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:27 AM   #9
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 63

07-06-2006, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie

I won't say that I prefer the triplicate eye manifestation, but I do think that it is equally as cool as the 3-D representation.

This is DEFINITELY the toughest image to decipher. I think that we experienced a little bit of trouble because of the approach that our minds take when deciphering these stereoscopic images- or maybe I should only be speaking for myself. When I first look through the lenses, the initial image is rather blurry. But then my eyes start to adjust and they "move" until a new image presents itself. In all of the other pictures, the first image that surfaces is the 3-D, unified image; with the eyes, the triplicate image resolves before the unified image, so my eyes stop adjusting prematurely. At that point, I just have to compel them to move a bit farther.

I find it interesting that everybody says that they are "crossing their eyes" to see the images- I don't doubt anybody, but it just don't make no sense to me. As a child, I was never a natural at crossing my eyes, so when my unyielding, childish desire to be able to make wierd faces finally prevailed, I was elated. Still and all, I have to concentrate pretty hard to get my eyes to do that. The point of this stroll down memory lane is that when I first tried to make the images form, my instinct was to cross my eyes, but then the image became even more irresolute. However, since I was concentrating so hard on my eyes, I then sensed that swinging my eyes toward the outside of my skull was the action that made the images appear. I don't know- maybe that's unique to me because of a unique- though unrecognizably so- cranial structure (determines function), but it just seemed odd to me that everybody crosses them when I do the opposite.

To the OP, I don't know if you've noticed this, but having a strong light source behind and above your head as you look through the lenses can greatly assist the speed, clarity and color contrast of the 3-D resolution. Good luck.
But I'll pull through
Old 07-06-2006, 07:53 PM   #10
Ron Swampson

Bincount™: 5576

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie

I won't say that I prefer the triplicate eye manifestation, but I do think that it is equally as cool as the 3-D representation.

This is DEFINITELY the toughest image to decipher. I think that we experienced a little bit of trouble because of the approach that our minds take when deciphering these stereoscopic images- or maybe I should only be speaking for myself. When I first look through the lenses, the initial image is rather blurry. But then my eyes start to adjust and they "move" until a new image presents itself. In all of the other pictures, the first image that surfaces is the 3-D, unified image; with the eyes, the triplicate image resolves before the unified image, so my eyes stop adjusting prematurely. At that point, I just have to compel them to move a bit farther.

I find it interesting that everybody says that they are "crossing their eyes" to see the images- I don't doubt anybody, but it just don't make no sense to me. As a child, I was never a natural at crossing my eyes, so when my unyielding, childish desire to be able to make wierd faces finally prevailed, I was elated. Still and all, I have to concentrate pretty hard to get my eyes to do that. The point of this stroll down memory lane is that when I first tried to make the images form, my instinct was to cross my eyes, but then the image became even more irresolute. However, since I was concentrating so hard on my eyes, I then sensed that swinging my eyes toward the outside of my skull was the action that made the images appear. I don't know- maybe that's unique to me because of a unique- though unrecognizably so- cranial structure (determines function), but it just seemed odd to me that everybody crosses them when I do the opposite.

To the OP, I don't know if you've noticed this, but having a strong light source behind and above your head as you look through the lenses can greatly assist the speed, clarity and color contrast of the 3-D resolution. Good luck.
But I'll pull through
LoveispainisanIllusion
07-28-2006, 05:41 PM

Yeah, this "vicarious eye" is hard to get, but i have done it. One that always eludes me is the close up of that thing in the jar that is also in Adam's page.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:41 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Yeah, this "vicarious eye" is hard to get, but i have done it. One that always eludes me is the close up of that thing in the jar that is also in Adam's page.
07-31-2006, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveispainisanIllusion
Oh I don't have any trouble with that one, I just look at it the way I do the rest. Did you try the other techniques explained on this thread? That might help. Other than that I don't really know, sorry.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:57 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveispainisanIllusion
Oh I don't have any trouble with that one, I just look at it the way I do the rest. Did you try the other techniques explained on this thread? That might help. Other than that I don't really know, sorry.
09-06-2006, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_one666 View Post
ya that is the toughest one for me too.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
ya that is the toughest one for me too.
Cooly
10-25-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
I would say the out of focus thing ofr the one with skull and cards but i can get them all now. Sull was the hardest though.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:33 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
I would say the out of focus thing ofr the one with skull and cards but i can get them all now. Sull was the hardest though.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply