Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
soichim
07-10-2006, 09:06 PM

This is the way i see it; why can't people have ideas and express them without being severly scrutinised. I mean im sure if people were 'inbred monkeys' they wouldn't be here. Akasha does present some rather interesting points. I personally do not believe in luck or coincidence and if the actions of tool,their history or their lyrics is coincidence I would be very schocked about it. C'mon people, you don't have to believe what everybody says but don't discredit it until you have done enough research for yourselves to disprove people's ideas and arguments.
s.o
Old 07-10-2006, 09:06 PM   #41
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 10 000 Days = Tools Best Of.....Some Proof....

This is the way i see it; why can't people have ideas and express them without being severly scrutinised. I mean im sure if people were 'inbred monkeys' they wouldn't be here. Akasha does present some rather interesting points. I personally do not believe in luck or coincidence and if the actions of tool,their history or their lyrics is coincidence I would be very schocked about it. C'mon people, you don't have to believe what everybody says but don't discredit it until you have done enough research for yourselves to disprove people's ideas and arguments.
s.o
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Carbonatedgravy
07-10-2006, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soichim
s.o

A person can be smart in a lot of aspects of their life and still have an idea that doesn't make sense. This is one of those ideas. If you want to find evidence towards something bad enough, it's not difficult to find it. Akasha even said he/she had these theories before the newsletter he's/she's talking about came out. That doesn't validate a thing. It only proves he/she was already looking for patterns and probably would have found one anyway even though there aren't any.

This is NOT a big coincidence. It's barely a coincidence at all. The band members had to be doing SOMETHING in 1980. No matter what that something was, somebody could have linked it to this release.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:32 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by soichim
s.o

A person can be smart in a lot of aspects of their life and still have an idea that doesn't make sense. This is one of those ideas. If you want to find evidence towards something bad enough, it's not difficult to find it. Akasha even said he/she had these theories before the newsletter he's/she's talking about came out. That doesn't validate a thing. It only proves he/she was already looking for patterns and probably would have found one anyway even though there aren't any.

This is NOT a big coincidence. It's barely a coincidence at all. The band members had to be doing SOMETHING in 1980. No matter what that something was, somebody could have linked it to this release.
elevation
07-10-2006, 11:11 PM

You know how to explain the 10,000 Days coincidence? Synchronicity. This is just an example. Read up on it. I think Maynard has actually mentioned it in a few interviews...
Old 07-10-2006, 11:11 PM   #43
Level 4 - Thinker

You know how to explain the 10,000 Days coincidence? Synchronicity. This is just an example. Read up on it. I think Maynard has actually mentioned it in a few interviews...
formerlycontent's Avatar formerlycontent
07-11-2006, 06:09 AM

why do people over analyze these things, the title is completely explained in the title track '10,000 Days' it's about Maynards mother. Over analyzing seperate the body from the mind.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:09 AM   #44
Banned.

Bincount™: 212

why do people over analyze these things, the title is completely explained in the title track '10,000 Days' it's about Maynards mother. Over analyzing seperate the body from the mind.
formerlycontent's Avatar formerlycontent
07-11-2006, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by implandnoises
I just got back from the bank. I must have looked suspiscious because they took about a minute to open the door for me....
dude, when i go to the bank, i usually have to knock on the damn automatic doors before they open, and then i'm greeted by security. jeeeesus, i'm just there to withdraw my $14, what's the deal with that shit?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:11 AM   #45
Banned.

Bincount™: 212

Quote:
Originally Posted by implandnoises
I just got back from the bank. I must have looked suspiscious because they took about a minute to open the door for me....
dude, when i go to the bank, i usually have to knock on the damn automatic doors before they open, and then i'm greeted by security. jeeeesus, i'm just there to withdraw my $14, what's the deal with that shit?
implandnoises's Avatar implandnoises
07-11-2006, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlycontent
Let me guess, National bank?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:18 AM   #46
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlycontent
Let me guess, National bank?
Vassup
07-12-2006, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
LOL. I think the fact that i am thinking along the lines i am, proves i have applied tools messages to MY LIFE, and MY WAY OF THINKING. It is how i think every second of the day, consant observation and analysis. And those saying i have way too much time on my hands, lol, ur making urselves look like ur about 10, because it took me about 20 min to find this info and link it all together, i bet some people spend longer than that on here every day posting POINTLESS, NON CONSTRUCTIVE posts which require no indepth thinking at all, such as, "this is the real album just accept it" lol, ur really thinking for urselves arent ya, lol.
I can't believe you feel that posting about something that is a mere coincedence at best with no relativity to the expansion of the human experience that TOOL tries to promote. .... has a point, or is constructive or applies to your life. Your way of thinking doesn't require much at all in this regard. What are TOOL's messages to you? Deciphering codes built w/in the simple adding of years that band has had some connection? Now that's pointless if you ask me. I know their messages aren't simply put or blatantly apparant. They take awhile to digest, interpret, experience and have a self-understanding of a particular emotional space.

Analysis? You have got to be kidding. I know they love sarcasm and cynical takes on life and themselves sometimes, but to play "Where's Waldo" is the equivalent of your research. The Best of? OMG are you serious? Maynard himself stated in an interview with Kurt Loder during 13th Step"...Why should we repeat ourselves? Go back and buy Undertow if you want to hear it again." There's no point as an artist to repeat yourself. Now a live album or a different take on the same song is different. But a best of? You just shot yourself in the foot with that whole "...My way of thinking" bit. Let me guess.... you just farted.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:09 AM   #47
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akasha
LOL. I think the fact that i am thinking along the lines i am, proves i have applied tools messages to MY LIFE, and MY WAY OF THINKING. It is how i think every second of the day, consant observation and analysis. And those saying i have way too much time on my hands, lol, ur making urselves look like ur about 10, because it took me about 20 min to find this info and link it all together, i bet some people spend longer than that on here every day posting POINTLESS, NON CONSTRUCTIVE posts which require no indepth thinking at all, such as, "this is the real album just accept it" lol, ur really thinking for urselves arent ya, lol.
I can't believe you feel that posting about something that is a mere coincedence at best with no relativity to the expansion of the human experience that TOOL tries to promote. .... has a point, or is constructive or applies to your life. Your way of thinking doesn't require much at all in this regard. What are TOOL's messages to you? Deciphering codes built w/in the simple adding of years that band has had some connection? Now that's pointless if you ask me. I know their messages aren't simply put or blatantly apparant. They take awhile to digest, interpret, experience and have a self-understanding of a particular emotional space.

Analysis? You have got to be kidding. I know they love sarcasm and cynical takes on life and themselves sometimes, but to play "Where's Waldo" is the equivalent of your research. The Best of? OMG are you serious? Maynard himself stated in an interview with Kurt Loder during 13th Step"...Why should we repeat ourselves? Go back and buy Undertow if you want to hear it again." There's no point as an artist to repeat yourself. Now a live album or a different take on the same song is different. But a best of? You just shot yourself in the foot with that whole "...My way of thinking" bit. Let me guess.... you just farted.
Opiate Son's Avatar Opiate Son
07-12-2006, 01:53 PM

how can previously unreleased material ever be considered "best of"?
Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #48
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 43

how can previously unreleased material ever be considered "best of"?

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply