Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 17
Re: IMPORT Released Tomorrow

OMG I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE REAL ALBUM TO FINALLY BE RELEASED
I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Goad
05-16-2006, 12:19 PM

i ordered it from amazon a month or so ago along with the US 10,000 days.

The status on it says it wont ship until th 19th.....wtf?
Old 05-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 18

i ordered it from amazon a month or so ago along with the US 10,000 days.

The status on it says it wont ship until th 19th.....wtf?
Goad
05-16-2006, 02:58 PM

seriously.....im surprised no one has ANY legitimate information about this import yet....i mean anything.....even if it says the steroscopic lense warning in japanese....something!

i hope its not a 100% mirror of the us release.....give me a reason for spending $26 on this extra CD.
Old 05-16-2006, 02:58 PM   #43
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

seriously.....im surprised no one has ANY legitimate information about this import yet....i mean anything.....even if it says the steroscopic lense warning in japanese....something!

i hope its not a 100% mirror of the us release.....give me a reason for spending $26 on this extra CD.
moneyisevil's Avatar moneyisevil
05-16-2006, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goad

Old 05-16-2006, 03:00 PM   #44
Banned.

Bincount™: 2701

Quote:

Old 05-16-2006, 03:03 PM   #45
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Cel
05-16-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Gooseflesh!
Old 05-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #46
Cel
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Gooseflesh!
Jebussaves's Avatar Jebussaves
05-16-2006, 03:12 PM

Guys I was just joking I mean come on...I thought we all agreed that this album was the real one...I ordered it too but I really don't think this is anythign special...Unfortunalty Tool is now a riff band....not saying if this is bad or not but that what they have become...wth the exception of a few songs (who am I kidding there re only 5 songs on this album anyways and they go on for no apparent reason at all)

Sorry to get everyones hopes up I thought everyone already agreed that this was it....

Sorry again...
Old 05-16-2006, 03:12 PM   #47
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Guys I was just joking I mean come on...I thought we all agreed that this album was the real one...I ordered it too but I really don't think this is anythign special...Unfortunalty Tool is now a riff band....not saying if this is bad or not but that what they have become...wth the exception of a few songs (who am I kidding there re only 5 songs on this album anyways and they go on for no apparent reason at all)

Sorry to get everyones hopes up I thought everyone already agreed that this was it....

Sorry again...
chaos_one666
05-16-2006, 03:36 PM

Quote:

sometimes translations from japanese to english are downright entertaining....allow me to quote:

"when the numerous art work which is published to the booklet through those glasses is watched, the design springing out threely-dimensional, that is visible, we have become the special package which says, elaborated to unpleasant feeling."

Last edited by chaos_one666; 05-16-2006 at 03:39 PM..
Old 05-16-2006, 03:36 PM   #48
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

sometimes translations from japanese to english are downright entertaining....allow me to quote:

"when the numerous art work which is published to the booklet through those glasses is watched, the design springing out threely-dimensional, that is visible, we have become the special package which says, elaborated to unpleasant feeling."

Last edited by chaos_one666; 05-16-2006 at 03:39 PM..
Goad
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_one666

yeah....i kinda skimmed through it and got a chuckle....my favorite part is "elaborated to unpleasant feeling."

anyways....that isnt the "import" thats the US release being sold in Japan....

Let the conspiracy theories commence.

DUN DUN DUN.....
Old 05-16-2006, 04:00 PM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

yeah....i kinda skimmed through it and got a chuckle....my favorite part is "elaborated to unpleasant feeling."

anyways....that isnt the "import" thats the US release being sold in Japan....

Let the conspiracy theories commence.

DUN DUN DUN.....
cjbarker02's Avatar cjbarker02
05-16-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:

right on. I mean, at least give me some hard proof that this Import is noting at all so I can lower my blood pressure a little bit.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #50
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:

right on. I mean, at least give me some hard proof that this Import is noting at all so I can lower my blood pressure a little bit.
IC's Avatar IC
05-16-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjay
I know I bought 13th Step on Okinawa like 2 weeks before it was out in the US. It cost me a pretty penny and all there was extra on it was the Copy Protection and the 9 minute version of The Package.
protection?
Old 05-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #51
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanjay
I know I bought 13th Step on Okinawa like 2 weeks before it was out in the US. It cost me a pretty penny and all there was extra on it was the Copy Protection and the 9 minute version of The Package.
protection?
05-16-2006, 05:00 PM

Quote:
I think I figured out where The Mars Volta's inspiration to lyrics comes from
Old 05-16-2006, 05:00 PM   #52
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 21

Quote:
triad636's Avatar triad636
05-16-2006, 05:45 PM

to those people who think that the liner notes/ text will be in japanese, I highly doubt it. I bought some albums from Japanese artists [from Japan] and the songs on the back and in the liner notes were printed in english, they tend to keep most song titles in English, although the lyrics themselves are of course in Japanese.

There is nothing special about this pressing, other than it is made in Japan... The increased price is due to over seas shipping, thats all you are paying the extra money for. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #53
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 276

to those people who think that the liner notes/ text will be in japanese, I highly doubt it. I bought some albums from Japanese artists [from Japan] and the songs on the back and in the liner notes were printed in english, they tend to keep most song titles in English, although the lyrics themselves are of course in Japanese.

There is nothing special about this pressing, other than it is made in Japan... The increased price is due to over seas shipping, thats all you are paying the extra money for. Nothing more, nothing less.
Goad
05-16-2006, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triad636

die.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #54
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by triad636

die.
triad636's Avatar triad636
05-16-2006, 06:40 PM

Quote:
die.
alrighty.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:40 PM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 276

Quote:
die.
alrighty.
Tunguska
05-16-2006, 07:28 PM

I have already got my foreign cd. It`s the american one!
i feel ripped off:)
Old 05-16-2006, 07:28 PM   #56
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

I have already got my foreign cd. It`s the american one!
i feel ripped off:)
Tyson's Avatar Tyson
05-16-2006, 07:53 PM

I got the Japanese import, it ate my dog :(
Old 05-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #57
Virgin colada, no rum

Bincount™: 12673

I got the Japanese import, it ate my dog :(
iuguolo
05-16-2006, 11:28 PM

so theres nothing at all special about it?
Old 05-16-2006, 11:28 PM   #58
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Ertai's Avatar Ertai
05-17-2006, 05:03 AM

well im in tokyo, japan now and i can verify that the japanese version has been released prior to this date. it was released on the 10th and there really isnt anything special about the japanese version except on the back of the cd in the bottom right coner there is some ads about the re-release of their previous materials with small icons of the other cds and that there is some japanese on the wrapping where the tool sticker was. the cd works out to be like nearly $25 so defently not worth the buy.

but if u dont believe im in japan, i took alot of pictures of the tool promotional stuff here so check out the links below. the tool promo stuff here looks damn cool and there was a sign in japanese nexted to the tool section that said *god has come back around, for the tool fans*.. or something along the lines of that

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=IMG_6561.jpg

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...t=IMG_6552.jpg

Last edited by Ertai; 05-17-2006 at 05:07 AM..
Old 05-17-2006, 05:03 AM   #59
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 107

well im in tokyo, japan now and i can verify that the japanese version has been released prior to this date. it was released on the 10th and there really isnt anything special about the japanese version except on the back of the cd in the bottom right coner there is some ads about the re-release of their previous materials with small icons of the other cds and that there is some japanese on the wrapping where the tool sticker was. the cd works out to be like nearly $25 so defently not worth the buy.

but if u dont believe im in japan, i took alot of pictures of the tool promotional stuff here so check out the links below. the tool promo stuff here looks damn cool and there was a sign in japanese nexted to the tool section that said *god has come back around, for the tool fans*.. or something along the lines of that

Last edited by Ertai; 05-17-2006 at 05:07 AM..
Goad
05-17-2006, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ertai

you just shit in my cherrios....thanks.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:33 AM   #60
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

you just shit in my cherrios....thanks.
tollll12
05-17-2006, 08:14 AM

Quote:

Haha! Hoobastank.

Are they rereleasing Salival? Mine has a scratch, and I wouldn't mind getting another copy without paying $100 for it.

-Dustin
Old 05-17-2006, 08:14 AM   #61
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

Quote:

Haha! Hoobastank.

Are they rereleasing Salival? Mine has a scratch, and I wouldn't mind getting another copy without paying $100 for it.

-Dustin
bitter_enigma's Avatar bitter_enigma
05-17-2006, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tollll12
Haha! Hoobastank.

-Dustin
Are you kidding?
I WISH I HAD a scratched copy!

:)
Old 05-17-2006, 09:02 AM   #62
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

Quote:
Haha! Hoobastank.

-Dustin
Are you kidding?
I WISH I HAD a scratched copy!

:)
chaos_one666
05-17-2006, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Haha! Hoobastank.

-Dustin
http://www.theninhotline.net/toolnews/index.php
Old 05-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Haha! Hoobastank.

-Dustin
eonphi's Avatar eonphi
05-18-2006, 04:05 AM

Quote:
good link...thats the news i sent in...:)
Old 05-18-2006, 04:05 AM   #64
Level Φ - sXe

Bincount™: 16

Quote:
good link...thats the news i sent in...:)
Koan's Avatar Koan
05-18-2006, 04:29 AM

No new material? Good.

Because I absolutely hate it when bands add some so-so tracks on foreign discs to suck the money out of our wallets. And if these tracks are brilliant and fit the album, then the band would be foolish not to include 'em in the original version. We shouldn't have to pay extra to get the full experience.

And mocking The Mars Volta's lyrics? Spend some time on the interpretation subforum of thecomatorium.com and then tell me it's jibberish. It's all pretty abstract, layered and avant-garde, but at the core, it goes as deep as Maynard's work.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
Old 05-18-2006, 04:29 AM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

No new material? Good.

Because I absolutely hate it when bands add some so-so tracks on foreign discs to suck the money out of our wallets. And if these tracks are brilliant and fit the album, then the band would be foolish not to include 'em in the original version. We shouldn't have to pay extra to get the full experience.

And mocking The Mars Volta's lyrics? Spend some time on the interpretation subforum of thecomatorium.com and then tell me it's jibberish. It's all pretty abstract, layered and avant-garde, but at the core, it goes as deep as Maynard's work.
there was no craddle I can taste it!"
guerilla ice tea's Avatar guerilla ice tea
05-18-2006, 04:36 AM

The monotone which is the only topic "from the previous production with redundancy being cancelled, there is a persuasive power in long shaku tune. Thickness of sound much improvement. The impression contrast of quiet and motion and the ogre air the extent which is approached of becoming dynamic and as for the drum skillfully reaching to apex. The 纏 ball as an album is not ratio of the previous production. Clearly from ラタララス masterpiece. Everything passing, you will hear, "
イソフラボン, Chiba prefecture

hahahaha
Old 05-18-2006, 04:36 AM   #66
suitably pretentious

Bincount™: 1455

The monotone which is the only topic "from the previous production with redundancy being cancelled, there is a persuasive power in long shaku tune. Thickness of sound much improvement. The impression contrast of quiet and motion and the ogre air the extent which is approached of becoming dynamic and as for the drum skillfully reaching to apex. The 纏 ball as an album is not ratio of the previous production. Clearly from ラタララス masterpiece. Everything passing, you will hear, "
イソフラボン, Chiba prefecture

hahahaha
Goad
05-18-2006, 01:53 PM

anyone have any information on the import yet? has anyone yet to get their hands on one in the US? (not in japan)
Old 05-18-2006, 01:53 PM   #67
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

anyone have any information on the import yet? has anyone yet to get their hands on one in the US? (not in japan)
unggodd's Avatar unggodd
05-18-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
I'm still waiting for Amazon to ship me mine...
Old 05-18-2006, 02:43 PM   #68
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
05-18-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unggodd
same here :(
Old 05-18-2006, 02:55 PM   #69
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by unggodd
same here :(
unicornpaco
05-18-2006, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkfish

god, you must live an awfully depressing life.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:20 PM   #70
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkfish

Goad
05-19-2006, 11:56 AM

bump.
Old 05-19-2006, 11:56 AM   #71
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

bump.
liffey
05-20-2006, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicornpaco
i thought it was pretty funny, and I'm a TMV fan
Old 05-20-2006, 11:27 AM   #72
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by unicornpaco
i thought it was pretty funny, and I'm a TMV fan
05-20-2006, 11:52 AM

Quote:
"5 years you say the preponderant sound which blows the long interval where lightly and throws!"

Srsly.
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
Old 05-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #73
CCD
If nothing is everything I've got it all (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 5332

Quote:
"5 years you say the preponderant sound which blows the long interval where lightly and throws!"

Srsly.
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
Matt8's Avatar Matt8
05-20-2006, 12:03 PM

the hoobastank right next to tool makes me want to fly to tokyo and move it so the tool cds dont end up contaminated. hoobastank suck a turd.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #74
On Probation

Bincount™: 249

the hoobastank right next to tool makes me want to fly to tokyo and move it so the tool cds dont end up contaminated. hoobastank suck a turd.
mike09's Avatar mike09
05-20-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koan
lol
Old 05-20-2006, 02:04 PM   #75
Banned.

Bincount™: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koan
lol
Winner's Avatar Winner
05-20-2006, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla ice tea
イソフラボン, Chiba prefecture

hahahaha
lol at ratararusu.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:57 PM   #76
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerilla ice tea
イソフラボン, Chiba prefecture

hahahaha
lol at ratararusu.
05-21-2006, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuguolo
Once you've listened to it, you then have 1 week to make someone else listen to it or a freaky goth chick will crawl out of your CD player and kill you. In nasty ways!
Old 05-21-2006, 01:18 AM   #77
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuguolo
Once you've listened to it, you then have 1 week to make someone else listen to it or a freaky goth chick will crawl out of your CD player and kill you. In nasty ways!
Scobularni
05-21-2006, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCD

Srsly.
haha.

reading some of the reviews this sounds like a pretty special CD:

"Before hearing sound, the air which is bought vanishes. Don't you think?"

"Furthermore, impact is received with the hand - the pleasure. "
Old 05-21-2006, 03:59 AM   #78
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCD

Srsly.
haha.

reading some of the reviews this sounds like a pretty special CD:

"Before hearing sound, the air which is bought vanishes. Don't you think?"

"Furthermore, impact is received with the hand - the pleasure. "
Goad
05-22-2006, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: May 19, 2006 - May 22, 2006 1 of: 10,000 Days [IMPORT]

anyone get theirs yet?
Old 05-22-2006, 08:38 AM   #79
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon.com
Items not yet shipped:
Delivery estimate: May 19, 2006 - May 22, 2006 1 of: 10,000 Days [IMPORT]

anyone get theirs yet?
Spaceman Spiff's Avatar Spaceman Spiff
05-22-2006, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Ooooh, a mirror means things will be reversed.... maybe it's the second part of the album to be played simulltaneously with the one we all already have
Old 05-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #80
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 32

Quote:
Ooooh, a mirror means things will be reversed.... maybe it's the second part of the album to be played simulltaneously with the one we all already have

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply