Stinkfist [extended]
46 & 2
Schism [extended]
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus [extended]
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-14-2007 at 11:36 AM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/08/12 - Katowice, Poland @ Spodek - Metal Hammer Festival

Jambi
Stinkfist [extended]
46 & 2
Schism [extended]
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus [extended]
Vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 08-14-2007 at 11:36 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Eniak
08-12-2007, 06:00 PM

Jambi
Stinkfist [extended]
46 & 2
Schism [extended]
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus [extended]
Vicarious

It was claimed that Tool's management had let the band play over 100min set [due to absence of Chris Cornell] and actually it didn't happen. As you can see everything was the same as yesterday. ~75 minutes, kind of a short performance for such band..
Anyways, I enjoyed it so much.. Sound was pretty nice, I could hear Maynard rather clearly. My favourite songs were 46&2, Schism and Lateralus. The last one was the highlight of the night. When the lasers went off I couldn't decide what the hell to look at, it was so amazing. [and the extended part with awesome drumming was pretty cool too]
Jambi was the worst song, I think that Maynard wasn't warmed up. It took him this one song to stabilize his voice. I missed Lost Keys before Rosetta..
It was my second time I saw Tool and for me the first [a year ago] was better. Now we just have to wait for another chance to see them. :)

Last edited by Eniak; 08-12-2007 at 06:02 PM..
Old 08-12-2007, 06:00 PM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/12 - Katowice, Poland @ Spodek - Metal Hammer Festival

Jambi
Stinkfist [extended]
46 & 2
Schism [extended]
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Lateralus [extended]
Vicarious

It was claimed that Tool's management had let the band play over 100min set [due to absence of Chris Cornell] and actually it didn't happen. As you can see everything was the same as yesterday. ~75 minutes, kind of a short performance for such band..
Anyways, I enjoyed it so much.. Sound was pretty nice, I could hear Maynard rather clearly. My favourite songs were 46&2, Schism and Lateralus. The last one was the highlight of the night. When the lasers went off I couldn't decide what the hell to look at, it was so amazing. [and the extended part with awesome drumming was pretty cool too]
Jambi was the worst song, I think that Maynard wasn't warmed up. It took him this one song to stabilize his voice. I missed Lost Keys before Rosetta..
It was my second time I saw Tool and for me the first [a year ago] was better. Now we just have to wait for another chance to see them. :)

Last edited by Eniak; 08-12-2007 at 06:02 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Chester's Avatar Chester
08-12-2007, 08:05 PM

Great performance except sound defect during Lateralus drum solo.
Also great disappointment and not only mine :( I'm wondering who is guilty - band or festival managment.

Last edited by Chester; 08-13-2007 at 03:15 PM..
Old 08-12-2007, 08:05 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Great performance except sound defect during Lateralus drum solo.
Also great disappointment and not only mine :( I'm wondering who is guilty - band or festival managment.

Last edited by Chester; 08-13-2007 at 03:15 PM..
OFFLINE |  
rattkin
08-12-2007, 08:24 PM

Tracklist confirmed.

It could be their best performance in Poland so far, due to (once again) amazing visuals and improved accoustics, but (once again) someone somewhere screwed up, and fans went home (once again) quite disappointed. It's unwise to believe someone else's than tool claims about the set time, but oh well... guess we just don't have luck and tool guys don't care about us as it was for the first time.

Generally, a good gig, but the tracklist, taking the set time into consideration - completely missed. How often can we listen to stinkfist or lateralus? (thank god, no sober). Where were Wings 1/2? Also agreed on warmup on Jambi, but overall, Maynard's voice was quite well this evening, comparing to poor one last year. Also noticed that most people knew what they came for, and there wasn't insane pit moshing or jumping all over the place - kudos for that.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:24 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Tracklist confirmed.

It could be their best performance in Poland so far, due to (once again) amazing visuals and improved accoustics, but (once again) someone somewhere screwed up, and fans went home (once again) quite disappointed. It's unwise to believe someone else's than tool claims about the set time, but oh well... guess we just don't have luck and tool guys don't care about us as it was for the first time.

Generally, a good gig, but the tracklist, taking the set time into consideration - completely missed. How often can we listen to stinkfist or lateralus? (thank god, no sober). Where were Wings 1/2? Also agreed on warmup on Jambi, but overall, Maynard's voice was quite well this evening, comparing to poor one last year. Also noticed that most people knew what they came for, and there wasn't insane pit moshing or jumping all over the place - kudos for that.
08-13-2007, 01:06 AM

I'll be back to post more details about the show, but for now, just a few maynardisms:

"GOOD TIMES." when they came out, right before going into Jambi

"Wow, look at the time... Thank you very very much. Its been FANTABULISTIC, we'll see you again...soon. Peace out." before going into Vicarious
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 177

I'll be back to post more details about the show, but for now, just a few maynardisms:

"GOOD TIMES." when they came out, right before going into Jambi

"Wow, look at the time... Thank you very very much. Its been FANTABULISTIC, we'll see you again...soon. Peace out." before going into Vicarious
08-13-2007, 03:47 AM

Here I go with a review:

Venue and organization-lot smaller than expected, but not bad, really old. Never really any lines for refreshments, just too bad beer was only sold outside. There were some sound problems, but all in all the venue is acceptable. I wonder the announcement of supposed 2 hour show by Tool, which did not come true. As said before, not sure whose fault, but what can we do.
Fans-Lots of children running around, I suppose due to the Dir En Grey show (btw, what the hell is that band? Did not enjoy that, I have to say). The occasional mosher was not bad and people really did seem to enjoy the show quite a lot. The people around us seemed to enjoy in a peaceful manner, which is always appreciated.
Performance-Compared to last year in Prague, that one was better, but only because it was longer. Danny is unreal as always, but seeing him live is just a stunning. Maynard seemed really ok, he spoke some, some interaction with the crowd, danced a lot and just was amazing. I personally love to watch Justin play, incredible guy and bass player. The little unplugged thing was interesting, but glad didn't last long. Schism was a highlight for me with the faster bridge and amazing drumming. Lateralus was simply amazing, also great to see Flood live. All other songs were great as always. Oh, and I actually don't mind Jambi as the opener, however, I think they were still playing with the sound too much during the song.
Visuals-Unreal, I am so sad that I coudn't see Wings with the laser show we'ver read so much about. The lasers during Lateralus were awesome, the stage setting is wonderful with the huge backdrop and four small screens with projection. Lots of times you don't know where to look and what to watch.

Overall, disappointed about the short setlist, mainly with the promise of a long set from the Festival management. Great to see them live again, they are the best band in the world, so honestly if I got to see 4 songs, I would be fucking happy. So all in all thank you Tool and see you again soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Here I go with a review:

Venue and organization-lot smaller than expected, but not bad, really old. Never really any lines for refreshments, just too bad beer was only sold outside. There were some sound problems, but all in all the venue is acceptable. I wonder the announcement of supposed 2 hour show by Tool, which did not come true. As said before, not sure whose fault, but what can we do.
Fans-Lots of children running around, I suppose due to the Dir En Grey show (btw, what the hell is that band? Did not enjoy that, I have to say). The occasional mosher was not bad and people really did seem to enjoy the show quite a lot. The people around us seemed to enjoy in a peaceful manner, which is always appreciated.
Performance-Compared to last year in Prague, that one was better, but only because it was longer. Danny is unreal as always, but seeing him live is just a stunning. Maynard seemed really ok, he spoke some, some interaction with the crowd, danced a lot and just was amazing. I personally love to watch Justin play, incredible guy and bass player. The little unplugged thing was interesting, but glad didn't last long. Schism was a highlight for me with the faster bridge and amazing drumming. Lateralus was simply amazing, also great to see Flood live. All other songs were great as always. Oh, and I actually don't mind Jambi as the opener, however, I think they were still playing with the sound too much during the song.
Visuals-Unreal, I am so sad that I coudn't see Wings with the laser show we'ver read so much about. The lasers during Lateralus were awesome, the stage setting is wonderful with the huge backdrop and four small screens with projection. Lots of times you don't know where to look and what to watch.

Overall, disappointed about the short setlist, mainly with the promise of a long set from the Festival management. Great to see them live again, they are the best band in the world, so honestly if I got to see 4 songs, I would be fucking happy. So all in all thank you Tool and see you again soon.
OFFLINE |  
rattkin
08-13-2007, 05:33 AM

Unplugged solo? It just that sound amplification for Danny's toys suddenly crashed. Tool solves such break-ups in graceful manner, just continuing playing, or introducing some bridges. Danny were drumming all the time, first testing whether it's only drums or mandalas and hi-hats too. Then he was just drumming constantly, hoping to get the sound back, which, fortunate, returned back soon after.

And those bridges on keyboards... well... cool but they could be ommited as well, especially for such short set.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:33 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Unplugged solo? It just that sound amplification for Danny's toys suddenly crashed. Tool solves such break-ups in graceful manner, just continuing playing, or introducing some bridges. Danny were drumming all the time, first testing whether it's only drums or mandalas and hi-hats too. Then he was just drumming constantly, hoping to get the sound back, which, fortunate, returned back soon after.

And those bridges on keyboards... well... cool but they could be ommited as well, especially for such short set.
08-13-2007, 06:22 AM

Unplugged part I meant, it was very clear that amps were just lost, so i really actually enjoyed them still playing on until the amps were back up.
I find it interesting that they cut the whole Lost Keys into about 20 seconds, but the keyboard bridges get longer and longer.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:22 AM   #8
Level 4 - Thinker

Unplugged part I meant, it was very clear that amps were just lost, so i really actually enjoyed them still playing on until the amps were back up.
I find it interesting that they cut the whole Lost Keys into about 20 seconds, but the keyboard bridges get longer and longer.
OFFLINE |  
pandino's Avatar pandino
08-13-2007, 06:28 AM

yeah tracklist correct

i was there, and it was my first tool concert so you won't be surprised if i say it was fantastic...but short :(
i was flying to heaven when they play 46&2 couse aenima is my favourite album. also flood was great - as i know tool don't play it often on concerts :) and i love to hear my favourite tool song schism. it was delicous for my ears ^^

thought they will play longer, but festival management have played with fans, and make a little lie (after chris cornell concert cancel)...they were affraid some people will want to return them for tickets...
all in all: great tool's performance :)

stay tooled!

and for fans in poland: wait, wait, wait - tool will be here soon i hope :)
Old 08-13-2007, 06:28 AM   #9
Level 2 - Poster

yeah tracklist correct

i was there, and it was my first tool concert so you won't be surprised if i say it was fantastic...but short :(
i was flying to heaven when they play 46&2 couse aenima is my favourite album. also flood was great - as i know tool don't play it often on concerts :) and i love to hear my favourite tool song schism. it was delicous for my ears ^^

thought they will play longer, but festival management have played with fans, and make a little lie (after chris cornell concert cancel)...they were affraid some people will want to return them for tickets...
all in all: great tool's performance :)

stay tooled!

and for fans in poland: wait, wait, wait - tool will be here soon i hope :)
OFFLINE |  
ROCKMOUSE's Avatar ROCKMOUSE
08-13-2007, 08:34 AM

i was there to support tool, chris can go back to the garden and sound like he use to before he messed up rage against the machine, another great tool performance, song set list is correct, and the lat drum part was cool
Old 08-13-2007, 08:34 AM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

i was there to support tool, chris can go back to the garden and sound like he use to before he messed up rage against the machine, another great tool performance, song set list is correct, and the lat drum part was cool
08-13-2007, 11:07 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Disgustipated (!)
Flood
Lateralus
Vicarious

A little short, but sound was nice and so was the crowd. Wayyyy better than in Germany. Full Disgustipated/Flood was beautiful.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

Jambi
Stinkfist
46&2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Disgustipated (!)
Flood
Lateralus
Vicarious

A little short, but sound was nice and so was the crowd. Wayyyy better than in Germany. Full Disgustipated/Flood was beautiful.
OFFLINE |  
Kudlaty776
08-13-2007, 12:48 PM

too short, too expensive. no encore... right in front of the stage, really close to it, we couldn't hear Maynard at all. it sounded like a fuckin karaoke... i'm disapointed.

the only good side of this show were the lights and lasers. nothing more...

they said the show would last for 2 hours and it barely lasted for na hour and 15 minutes...

definitely my LAST Tool show ever...
Old 08-13-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

too short, too expensive. no encore... right in front of the stage, really close to it, we couldn't hear Maynard at all. it sounded like a fuckin karaoke... i'm disapointed.

the only good side of this show were the lights and lasers. nothing more...

they said the show would last for 2 hours and it barely lasted for na hour and 15 minutes...

definitely my LAST Tool show ever...
OFFLINE |  
pandino's Avatar pandino
08-17-2007, 03:02 AM

i have published some photos from Metal Hammer Festival and Tool's performance. If you want:

www.tool-sector.blog.onet.pl

all photos are mine (all from MHFest).
I'm not sure about "Disgustipated" on the set list...:/ Maybe short intro to Flood...
Old 08-17-2007, 03:02 AM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

i have published some photos from Metal Hammer Festival and Tool's performance. If you want:

www.tool-sector.blog.onet.pl

all photos are mine (all from MHFest).
I'm not sure about "Disgustipated" on the set list...:/ Maybe short intro to Flood...
OFFLINE |  
tiloprobst
08-21-2007, 01:55 AM

OK forget it, I thought what was the early Flood was Disgustipated :D Should listen to "Undertow" more often ...
But for sure a good fuckin night.
Old 08-21-2007, 01:55 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

OK forget it, I thought what was the early Flood was Disgustipated :D Should listen to "Undertow" more often ...
But for sure a good fuckin night.
OFFLINE |  
stoPMe's Avatar stoPMe
08-22-2007, 01:43 AM

Howdy.
Solid show. I know we got a lot to complain about "2 hours issue", but that's why I miss them even more. I liked it a lot - the lights add up (at the bottom).
Guys, PLEASE - does anyone have audio bootleg? I crave one... Got some nice pics to trade If you have to.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:43 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Howdy.
Solid show. I know we got a lot to complain about "2 hours issue", but that's why I miss them even more. I liked it a lot - the lights add up (at the bottom).
Guys, PLEASE - does anyone have audio bootleg? I crave one... Got some nice pics to trade If you have to.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply