opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2006
User Name
Password
Old 11-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
Stealth Bomber

Bincount™: 37
2006/12/03 - Oberhausen, GER - Konig-Pilsener Arena

SETLIST --

Stinkfist
Forty Six & 2
Jambi
Schism
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Swamp Song
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Ænema

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!

"Does this person ever post or is he a waste of space?" - fuckBrokers
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2006, 12:38 AM   #2
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/12/03 - Oberhausen, GER - Konig-Pilsener Arena

Awesome show from my perspective. Fifth this year, and finally got to experience Wings I&II live. Chilling.

Maynard quotes were "Good evening. Let's get this party started" During the Swamp break: "Wait for it...." (btw McRoggles, to me it seemed more aimed at Danny and Justin - since he was pointing to them, I think it was more of an inside joke) "Please no flash camers. No flash cameras please, not on this side, no flash cameras please..."After the sitdown break with the lighters you could really see Maynard concentrating and getting ready for Wings. Must be fucking hard for him.... I also thought there were lots of flash cameras in the venue, I thought they were frisking for those? The best quote was during Swamp Song where Maynard managed to interleave "Oberhausen" into the lyrics, "I hope it sucks, I hope it Oberhausen, I hope it sucks you down..." Great song, that is.
Last night TooL again met their own standards by playing all of the songs perfectly. Since I saw 5 now this year, I can say that the voice was a lot better than Rotterdam and Brussels, taking on all of the high notes and the screams were great also. Still hear a lot of synth in the voice, saw him work the pedals? The only part that really didn't sound like he was really singing it were the last verses of Vicarious "much better you than I" and I noticed Maynard gesturing to someone off stage left like if it sounds like this than next time I won't do it at all or something along those lines....

Enjoyed it very very very much.

Cheers

Last edited by Niels; 12-04-2006 at 12:40 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2006, 12:39 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

What he said!

This was my 13th show and I guess the first at which security was actively keeping people from smoking. They also would rush out to anyone just holding a mobile in their hands. I'm not entirely sure, but this could also have been my first show without Sober.

We were sitting as well, near the back with a great view of the stage and all the lights. I liked this year's Pinkpop show, while the HMH and Ahoy (until Sober) performances were a bit timid. This show was really great again.

When they played 46&2 I thought I could write 'Swamp Song' across my belly (as we say in Holland) but they played it just before the break. While they played this song I couldn't help my mind wandering back to the Metropool in 1993. I wonder what Tool would have said after their show in front of 300 people or so that night if one would have told them: "Hey, in 13 years you'll be playing a 15.000 people audience and have videoscreens and lasers."

Something appeared to go wrong at the end of Vicarious, during the very last bit I couldn't hear Maynard while he was tapping some pedals. Right after the song he waved a bit frustrated to the side of the stage.

Here's what I recall:

'Goodnight'
'Let's get this party.... started'
'Waaaitttt for it' *
'No camera flashes on this song please, no flashes please, not on this song'
'There you have it'
'Thank you all for coming here, hope to see you next summer'

* It indeed seemed to be directed at Justin, but it could also have been intended for the crowd who applauded twice before the end of the previous song.

The trip back was smooth, indeed getting there was an adventure, I almost felt like one of those crab fishers in the Discovery program 'Dealiest Catch' but I wasn't in the Bering Straight, these were the German highways.

Whatever will bewilder me...

Last edited by CurtSchilling; 12-04-2006 at 12:43 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2006, 01:02 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoggles View Post
Since review section is still closed:

Oberhausen, my seventh Tool concert, the first one together with my wife.
Firstly, back in august I bought tickets for the floor but now my wife is pregnant and luckily we managed to find some spare seats in the sitting area. Quite excellent places straight view at the stage.
Secondly, the ride up here was difficult with lots of rain and stormy weather.

Mastodon was a nice opener but I couldn’t hear a word from the singer, to be precise I heard him but could not make out what he was singing.

Then, seventh time, Tool, third time this year, the four other times where in 2001 (3x) and 2002 (1x).!!!!
Well it was my fifth Tool concert, also third one this year and the best one this year, all time matching with the one in Düsseldorf on the Lateralus-tour.

Mastodon was OK, if you're into old school metal, I went for a cup of coffee after the beginning, and came back for the end and watched the end from the stairs, where the sound was more bareable. I won't be buying any of their records.

Quote:
Stinkfist No video, just lights, slight problems with Maynard’s voice at the beginning. The extended part was great again.

Fortysix & 2 The song that follows me, seven times Tool, seven times this non-video clip song. The two times earlier this year I was a bit bored by the song but now, WOW, just WOW. Amazingly played. The best 46&2 I ever heard. Cool drums, bass, guitar and voice.

Maynard: ‘The party has been started.’).
I think he said "Well, let's get this party started". Same for me with the 46+2, at every concert, but indeed both Stinkfist (really loved the extended bit) and this one sounded great this time.

Quote:
Jambi Love this song, I sense it is one of their own favourites. The opening is amazing, Adam Jones is amazing (just as Justin and Danny). The background video and lights with the red colours is excellent addition to the song. Love it.
I agree completely, what a fuckin' amazing song and live always a highlight.

Quote:
Schism One of my wife’s favourites. Played very good including the fast part.

Lost Keys Yeah. Light show builds up.

Rosetta Stoned Amazing. I love this song, excellent live performance and a song meant to be heard in concert. The round lights resembling UFO’s was fun. Videos where cool.
Both on Schism and Rosetta Stoned the built-up is long and Schism was probably my least favourite today, the ending of Rosetta Stoned was great.

Quote:
Swamp Song Always rated this as one of Tool’s worst songs but.now….. not anymore. Very well played, fourteen year old song. When I hear a song like this in concert nowadays and Sober earlier this summer I really want to see Undertow re-mastered and/or produced using modern standards ‘cause now Undertow is low quality.
Maynard during break in Swamp Song: ‘Just wait with that’ addressing people’s to early clapping near the end of Rosette Stoned. Funny.
A new live song, I dove back into the archives and listened back this song, when I heard they did it live on this tour and I cannot understand how I overlooked it in the past, maybe because all their stuff is so good, that sometimes the songs don't stand out, but absolutely magnificent performance. Once again I heard Maynard's words slightly different, I think he stated "Just wait for it".

After this the break, and really the show goes to another level visually after this break, first in the break the lighter bit with Justin, nice with all these lighters in the air. On the other hand the venue, which wasn't sold out by a long shot, became more and more smoky during the gig and Maynard wore his 'gasmask' during the entire show.

Quote:
Wings for Mary Yeah, finally, the must hear song this tour. Very good atmosphere and the crowd was nice. Maynard asked kindly to not flash during especially this song. Emotional to him and you can hear it. The lasers where cool with their slow build up and exploding in the heavy part ending in a W / Wings.

10,000 Days Wow. Amazing. Incredible. Love it. Excellent performance by all of them. Lasers forming a halo at the start. Clouds on the video and finally the 10,000 Days artwork shown. At the heavy part the lasers go nuts again. Amazing song very glad to hear it live.
Wings for MarIE !!! These songs is what drew me to see them again and WOW!!
Not heavy, but very composed, I had chills and felt a tear in my eye, at the first "give me my wings". During this song I also realized that this isn't just a concert that I was seeing and hearing. This is a progrock/metal/opera, a complete visual and audio experience, performed flawlessly. Fans of Tool have it bad, because no other bands can ever match up to the standard set by Tool and it becomes hard to apreciate other bands, when you are treated to this kind of total package.

Quote:
Lateralus Good as always, good lasers, good spiraling lights. Cheers. The gong was softer as earlier this year.

Vicarious Excellent. Very very very tight. Lasers very cool again.

Ænema Best closer ever, better then Lateralus as a closer. Friggin love this song, checkout my thread in the Ænema section. Very very tight. Impressive.
Well what can one say, excellent, I really love "Vicarious", 'Lateralus' isn't my personal favourite, but the way they perform each song is just amazing. Maynard was almost speachless tonight, except for the few things mentioned, before Ænema he stated "Thanks for coming out, maybe we'll see you next summer". Btw did anyone notice that during the last part of 'Vicarious' Maynard was gesturing, it seemed to me that he was annoyed by someone/something in the audience at the side?

Quote:
Overall
* Excellent show, just as good or even better as the concert on may 24 – 2001 in Tilburg. Justin, Adam, Maynard and Danny where really into it tonight.
* Sound quality of venue was good, only beginning of Stinkfist had vocal problems.
* Wife loved the concert and glad she experienced it.
* I can not choose a highlight because all songs where highlights.
* The light show and lasers where excellent. The build up from nothing (Stinkfist) to full blast (Lateralus - Vicarious - Ænema) is impressive. Our seats aimed right at the floor where excellent. For this show I recommend seated places, really. Much better light show then back in 2001-2002. Wow.

extra’s
* No need to pay for parking, eat that Dutch bastards (I’m Dutch J).
* When I walked out someone said: Lateralus concerts lasted two and half hours, oh how wrong are they, people are generally overrating the length of the Lateralus concerts tour…
* Did I mention I loved the show? Friggin Great!!!!
Well McRoggles, I agree, fuckin' excellent. The guys who didn't come out for yet another Tool-show this year, missed out badly. This one was an absolute must-see/hear/experience. I was standing a bit back, but the view was great there too.

What the hell are they going to try and do to improve on this for next summer???
Old 12-04-2006, 01:28 AM   #5
Lia
Level 1 - Lurker

German show, four reviews, four Dutch.
Indeed great show. I was really surprised by Swamp-song and the way it was performed; very tight. Since I'm a big tool fan (since 1994) I was really happy with this song. Undertow and Opiate is , I think, often undervalued.
Laterlus is not one of my favourite songs, but what I heard last night was so intense and emotional! It left me in a state of tears and lots of goose creep. I never heard that song in that way. Bravo!
I've been to Amsterdam in June, also a very good performance. But last night I think was more relaxed and the sound was slightly better.
Maynard was very irritated when he tried to push the pedal. I could see that through my binocular. He put his arms in the air and looked at someone standing near the stage and looked very disappointed. That's what you get when you are a perfectionist. But as a big Tool fan, I did'nt mind at all.
What a great Tool year it has been for me. I can't wait for the summer. I'll be there!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2006, 01:31 AM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

4th time Tool this year (after Dusseldorf, Amsterdam and Rotterdam), and the best one for me. Esp. because of Wings/10,000 days. Now for a break until next summer :)

Only one complaint: stop walking around the whole time you silly Germans.. And please stop talking during Wings/10,000 days.... On the positive side: the parking was free and the beer is a lot cheaper than in Holland :D
Old 12-04-2006, 02:12 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

I understood him saying something like "Justin wait with that" or so.

Quote:
Btw did anyone notice that during the last part of 'Vicarious' Maynard was gesturing, it seemed to me that he was annoyed by someone/something in the audience at the side?
Yeah I think it had something to do with his mic because he was looking into backstage direction and not the audience.

Last edited by Yggdra; 12-04-2006 at 02:17 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2006, 03:18 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

He was signing at the soundguy who was standing at that side of the stage because his vocals fell out at the "chorus" (i could see that from where i was sitting :))
Old 12-04-2006, 06:10 AM   #9
fan
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalphyS View Post
Fans of Tool have it bad, because no other bands can ever match up to the standard set by Tool and it becomes hard to apreciate other bands, when you are treated to this kind of total package.
Right on the money! What an effing good concert it was! This was my second one, the first was Rotterdam Ahoy. There I had a seat way high in the back of the venue. That wasn't as bad as I expected, because it was a fine place for experiencing the sound and the visuals. But now I was standing in front of Adam Jones! I couldn't keep myself cool and collected, it was so awesome! Not only to rock out, it moved me deeply too (I cried three times, yes call me a baby). I can't believe people can make this good music. Btw, I thought there was less smoke in the Arena last night than in Rotterdam. I was really sick from the smoke in the Ahoy, but you don't hear me complaining, I saw Tool! Two times Tool making the best setlist ever. I feel a bit holy now ;-)

Thanks for the setlist and comments. I'm always too absorbed in the moment on a concert, so thank you guys for telling what happened :-). Greetings to the guy from Moers and the guys from Denmark. I hope you have a safe trip back home. It was indeed quite stormy yesterday (which was a perfect match with the concert video) but the way back home was a piece of cake, due to nice concert adrenalin.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:59 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

First post here, and my first live Tool experience (well second to be honest but the first one doesnt count , it was at Fields of Rock iirc in Nijmegen, and I was peaking over the fence).

Anyways, I have never enjoyed a concert this much! Apart from the damn dangerous drive to Oberhausen, this was definately the best I've ever seen and heard. Still in awe at this very moment.

Loved the visuals, loved the sound, loved every single bit of the show. This is why I respect Tool so much.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2006, 08:26 AM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

a very great, best and god like concert ever :D
next summer we see us soon tool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Well, setlist: (Order between "Jambi" and "break" may be wrong)

Stinkfist
46 and 2
Jambi
Lost Keys
Rosetta Stoned
Schism
Swamp Song
--break--
Wings for Marie
10,000 days
Lateralus
Vicarious
Aenema

Me and a mate arrived at the arena at about 17:30, so we had to wait for more then an hour in the rain for doors to open. Inside the front area was not separeted and we stood in 2nd or 3rd row in front of Adam. Then came Mastodor. They were far too loud, everytime the drummer hit his toms you could really feel shocks of wind in your face. They playe metal with a lot of whooooaaaaaa and groooaaannn. Really not my taste of music and it seemed like that was the opinion of the other peaple in the arena, too. Then between 2 songs the left guitar player made a theatralic yawning gesture to the audience, but what did they expect. Their music is boring, so the audience is bored. They got hardly any applause, i think that nobody really wanted to see them and i felt a little sorry for them...it has to be a really hard job to do a gig for an audience waiting for tool to arrive after them...
Then came tool. Maynard had a gas mask with a mic in it, he didnt take it off all the time. Me and my mate even saw him drinking some water wearing the mask..?!
He hardly said anything:
after 46and2: "Hello ... let`s get the party started."
In the middle of Swamp song, where there`s a break, he said to Danny:
"Wait for it!" and 3 seconds later he screamed an the song went on with Danny grinning for minutes.
At the beginning of Wings for Marie, looking on his keyboard: "No flash cameras on the sides please, no flash cameras."
Then sometime near the end: "Goodnight, see you next summer."
It seemed like all were in a good mood, Adam was concentrated as always and Danny and Justin were passionate as always. Maynard was singing and dancing all the time looking at the screen behind him hardly looking at the audience. In the break they were all sitting on the step on stage and Justin lighted a lighter. So did many others, and when i joined in, he looked at me and i looked at him. Then i noded and so did he. Then i smiled and so did he. You could really say, that i had some kind of contact with a member of tool !!!!
After the break there was the laser show in Wings 1+2 and Lateralus. Justin sat on a chair for Wings 1+2. It was very impressive, but when the lasers coming from top of stage were reflected on the stage and filled the whole room, you had to be somewhere in the back to really enjoy it...
And i was a little dissapointed that rosetta stoned did not kick that much ass as i expected. Don`t really know why, perhaps it was not loud enough.
After Aenema all came together on the stage to thank the audience and to throw stuff and water bottles into the croud, except Maynard...strange guy. What the hell`s his problem?!
OK, that`s as much as i remember now...c ya...
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #13
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlybilly View Post

In the middle of Swamp song, where there`s a break, he said to Danny:
"Wait for it!" and 3 seconds later he screamed an the song went on with Danny grinning for minutes.

I'm pretty sure he said "wait for him" to Justin while poiting at Danny. Seemed like they had some fun there :)
Old 12-05-2006, 02:20 AM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

OK, thnx McRogles. But when i saw tool @ pinkpop this year i remember Rosetta Stoned to much more kickass. Perhaps because then it was my first tool show since 4 years and Rosetta was the first song and i longed to see them...
But after they have thrown all the stuff into the crowd, Adam, Danny and Justin were standing together waving to the crowd and saying thank you, while Maynard was already off-stage ...

I also remember that Adam seemed to have some problems with his volume pedal during solos in wings 1+2. I could hear the sound coming from his 4x12 boxes but the p.a. was only "humming"...

And why did the roadies run around on stage during the show wearing white smocks making them look like a bunch of scientists?!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #15
Level 1 - Lurker

Great to see so many Dutch reviews.
Were there any Germans in the venue, hehe ?? !!
I was at the Oberhausen show last night too. My 6th TOOL concert this year. Some people think I am crazy, but I am glad to read, that there are many more people who have seen those great artists more then once !
It was just a short one hour drive from Holland.
We arrived at the König-Pilsener Arena at an early hour: 2 pm. There were only 6 more die-hard fans. It was nasty weather but luckily the arena has a big roof so let the rain fall and we stayed dry. As we were never in that hall, it seems confusing with so many doors that could open. Of course we wanted to be in the front, just as with all the Tool shows we visited before :-)
So we made a choice before which door we would settle down....and it was a correct choice.
15 min. before the doors opened, I saw Armando, one of the main personal TOOL security guys. I told him that I bought them a dutch "Sinterklaas"present, but was not allowed to take it inside. He would make sure Maynard would receive them. So hopefully the management gave it to them :-(
Door opened 18.30 h
We were the first up front, yeahhhhh
Mastadon 20.00 h
The sounds was much better then in Rotterdam, those guys are fun to watch, but the music is not so much my taste. After 3/4 h. they left the stage and it was time to watch the stage get ready for TOOL.
21.00 h TOOL
The sound was great. Maynard's voice was loud and clear.
Every time again I enjoy their live performance and the songs so much.
My highlight: Wings......no words to describe how beautifully emotional this song must be for Maynard. Thank you for sharing your feelings with us (after all, he has the courage to share these feelings with an unknown crowd).
It was one of the best TOOL shows for me this time.
The next and last show until they hopefully return next summer again (!) will be Paris.

I want to thank Todd for the always lovely gesture of handing me a setlist.
TODD, YOU 'RE A DOLL :-)
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-07-2006, 12:56 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my 7th time seeing TOOL and my first European show as I am now living in Germany. I would have to rank this show at Number 2 on my best TÖÖL shows. They pulled out some amazing visuals that they have never showed during an american show. I felt like the biggest fan there singing along with the songs. The guy next to me spoke english and he told me the last time he saw the band was back in 98. This guy was in for a surprise. I wish he could have seen the Lateralus tour though. I told him the setlist before the show even started and I nailed it exactly except for one mistake. They played Swamp Song instead of The Pot. No big deal there. The only time Maynard spoke was before Wings For Marie where he asked that there be no flash photography for this song please. No flash photography for this song please. He aslo spoke before the last song, Aenema. All he said was simply that this was the last song and they would see us again in the summer. The thing that got me was when the band hit the stage, I stood up, and the german english speaking guy next to me told me that it was o.k. and I did not have to stand. What the hell? I noticed that there were only a few people pepperd in the crowd that were standing. I stood up a few times during the show and rocked out. I felt like I had to prove to these people that I was indeed a TOOL fan, not just another schmuck at the show. I was there for a reason goddamnit. Security was indeed very loose unlike american shows. Someone could have easily ran past the 1 female security guard who was guarding our gate. That chick was a bitch anyways. TOOL wished for everyone to not smoke during this tour. Rad idea :) This bitch security guard was flashing her light the whole night at people lighting cigarettes. I didnt see any other security guard doing that. She walked up the aisle and was probably telling someone to not smoke. While comming back down, she stopped and told my girlfriend to put her phone away. Fuck that. I dug into her yelling at her furiously telling her to just walk back down to her gate. I realized that she probably didn't speak english, haha. She gave me a nasty look and walked back down. I wanted to spit on her if I knew I could nail her. I was hoping someone would come to my aid and throw a beer at her. Again she shined her flashlight near someone behind me, and I blocked the light with my hand and gave her a nasty look. Just chill out and let people enjoy the show. I wanted to break that stupid little flashlight. I became aware, that if I did do anything stupid towards her, It could possibly mean my ejection from the arena and quite possibly the country. I did however enjoy the show thourougly despite ol girl wanting to do her job above and beyond expectation. ITS A ROCK CONCERT... CHILL OUT! She didnt ruin the show for me if i'm ranking it at number 2. Eva did tell me that I did rock out a bit too much. Yes, I was the guy towards the bottom of section 107. I belonged in General Admission with the high that I was on. I didnt quite fit in with everyone around me setting while I was rocking out. I had a great time :)

I noticed that on the tour shirts inside, the tour dates were printed in American Format. No big deal, I bought one anyways for 30 Euros. When we got outside, I saw a shirt bootlegger who was selling them for 10 Euros. I snatched one up and the tour dates were correct the way they should be in European format. Anyways, I am here in Germany legally for another 2 months. I can stay longer if I can find a job, so if anyone out there knows where a guy like me can get a job, hit me up. I am learning Deutsch, but slowly. I like Germany more than America.

Last edited by DirtShaman; 12-07-2006 at 01:01 AM.. Reason: typo
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-07-2006, 03:11 AM   #17
Level 1 - Lurker

I enjoyed the show as well. Almost everything has been said in the previous posts. Just some other remarks:
- My favourite Maynard geeky dance move: the slowly rotating disc!
- You could hear Maynards voice break during Wings (at "Judas").
- I find the "normal" visuals way more impressive than the laser show everybody is applauding. I paid extra attention this time, and I especially like the visuals for Rosetta stoned and Lateralus.
- Hooray for the König-Pilsener Arena for making it so easy to order tickets from abroad. I expected more difficulties for that. Boo for the KP arena employees that kept shining in my face with their annoying penlights when they wanted to pass me.
- I'm glad going to this concert and not to Rotterdam. Wouldn't've wanted to miss Wings. And I can very well understand that you start talking during Wings, if you don't know the song.
- It is amusing to see several people nodding/dancing in a different rhythm to the same song

Last edited by Deeg; 12-07-2006 at 03:15 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-07-2006, 04:16 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Ok, let's see. My first Post and my first time TOOL live.

WOW, fucking awesome!!!

After missing my hometown gig (Düsseldorf), I really have been looking forward to see them in Oberhausen.

Like said before, the heavy rain was not nice, standing half an hour in front of closed doors, they let us in 30 min late. But waiting can be funny too, joking about chicks wearing just a pink T-Shirt in the heavy rain or guys in short pants ^^^

Well after a blunt all is easier to manage;)

The security was pretty much into checking for cameras, but some managed as you can see on Youtube.

After having a beer and some snacks Mastodon started at 8. I found the sound ok, maybe a little too loud, but not as bad as expected by reading the previous reviews.

Really heavy stuff, dark and fast into the face. Not so much my music, but some songs were nice. They played for 50 min, not bad for an opener. I felt sorry for them, they didn't get much attention, the crowd was not into banging at all. But they gave their best.

After Mastodon there was a break till 9:15. We went out, had another beer, another blunt ^^ that made me even forget I have become vegetarian 1 week before and ordered a Bratwurst

While inside nobody was allowed to smoke (hard security on that), in the hall nobody cared and everyone was smoking pott in front of the security guys :)

Ok, at 9:15 TOOL started. We were sitting in the 3rd row (108) but seats in front of us were empty (many people passed indoor passes through the gutters to get friends in front of the stage, too). We had the perfect view, not to close to miss the laser effects, not to far. The perfect place for a camera would that be.

Well, for the songs all is said above. Let me say just this:
Maynard said after the Rock am Ring Show in summer, beeing asked by an interviewer from WDR-television why there are no live DVDs or TV cuts of TOOL: "Have you ever seen the Rocky Mountans on TV"?

I thought, what a fucked up statement, but after seeing TOOL live, I must say: That guy was right!!!!!

Best parts to me were SCHISM, what I always have been waiting to see live and, of course, Wings 1+2.

The UFO lights were amazing. The lasers too. It is always a miracle to me what sound they get out of that 1 bass and 1 guitar.

Ok, the songs are described above.

To close, I must say, next time TOOL beeing near, I have to be there or screw me !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtShaman View Post
Yes, I was the guy towards the bottom of section 107. I belonged in General Admission with the high that I was on. I didnt quite fit in with everyone around me setting while I was rocking out. I had a great time :)
Hey pal, you rocked cool ;) We were sitting above you and it was nice to see you in that mood. Don't bother for us Germans beeing a bit frozen. ;) Like 5m beside you to the right was a nice chick rocking like hell, too.
Yeah those security lights were really disturbing as hell. I felt like kicking them too, esp. in Wings part... They were checking everyone getting down to the stage, even near the end of the show, although the down area was quite empty. Did they fear us "bad black metal guys" will run the stage and start rumble? Chill down, don't you see that rock fans are the most peacefull of all??

Last edited by Amandil; 12-07-2006 at 04:53 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-08-2006, 12:48 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Am I the only one to notice that as soon as Mastodon stops, the TooL show starts? I've been to Luxemburg, Rotterdam and Brussels and heard the same shit coming out of the PA when the Tool roadies (with their socks on) build up the stage. I hear in no partical order some really great grooving lounge-type music, a radiostation blabber about Frankenstein, more lounge and it ends with a homey wanting to join a black metal band. "I'm an evil motherfucker!" After that phonecall (at least that's what it sounds like) it breaks into some metal and shortly thereafter Tool comes on stage with the big bass sound.

Anyone?

Also glad to notice:

[QUOTE=Fredy_Brown;1590023] I was looking forward to hear Swamp Song again...sooo refreshing. MJK changed line in Swamp song to hope it sucks, I hope it Oberhausen, I hope it sucks you down
QUOTE]

I wasn't the only one hearing that!!!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #20
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels View Post
After that phonecall (at least that's what it sounds like) it breaks into some metal and shortly thereafter Tool comes on stage with the big bass sound.
The 'some metal' is Meshuggah from their "Catch Thirtythr33" album. Sometimes more of it, sometimes less.
This same intro tape that you describe has been in use for pretty much the entire 10,000 Days tour.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-09-2006, 02:06 AM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

[QUOTE=Niels;1601382]Am I the only one to notice that as soon as Mastodon stops, the TooL show starts? I've been to Luxemburg, Rotterdam and Brussels and heard the same shit coming out of the PA when the Tool roadies (with their socks on) build up the stage. I hear in no partical order some really great grooving lounge-type music, a radiostation blabber about Frankenstein, more lounge and it ends with a homey wanting to join a black metal band. "I'm an evil motherfucker!" After that phonecall (at least that's what it sounds like) it breaks into some metal and shortly thereafter Tool comes on stage with the big bass sound.

Yo dude, I mentioned to my girlfriend that I heard that same stuff also at a show we saw in Colorado. I can 100% guarantee you that I heard the same exact thing before a Nine Inch Nails show at Red Rocks on May 30 in Colorado. Speaking of NIN, there is a new live DVD comming out February 27 entitled "Beside You In Time."
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: