opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2006
User Name
Password
Old 11-29-2006, 04:17 AM   #41
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/25 - Glasgow, SCT - SECC

Alot of people seemed to be moaning about folks singing and getting into it. Can't say it bothered me right enough as the group I was with were all doing it. In all fairness, it's a gig, we were boozin and our favourite band were onstage and in those circumstances we sing along :-D (badly)

I'm pretty sure I can remember Maynard saying something about coming back in a bubble if folk kept smoking. I'm a smoker but I think folk really should have put their fags away for the gig (not only because of the law but for Maynard's voice and non smokers), don't know how people can't go a few hours without one. But you have to admit it made an interesting visual when it went through the lasers.

Hopefully a cd of this gig finds it's way to the Barras stalls soon like the first time I saw them in 2001.

Last edited by Murray; 11-29-2006 at 04:26 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-29-2006, 12:09 PM   #42
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray View Post
Hopefully a cd of this gig finds it's way to the Barras stalls soon like the first time I saw them in 2001.
If it does then let us know. Perhaps I could persuade someone on here to pick me up a copy...
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-29-2006, 01:11 PM   #43
Level 2 - Poster

Does anyone keep wanting that whole gig to happen again every time they listen to Tool? If I died, I think my pleasure in Heaven ('cause that's where I'm going of course) would be that gig played over and over again. Or Maynard naked. Dancing.

The good news is there is no bad news!
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-29-2006, 03:07 PM   #44
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjambix View Post
Does anyone keep wanting that whole gig to happen again every time they listen to Tool? If I died, I think my pleasure in Heaven ('cause that's where I'm going of course) would be that gig played over and over again. Or Maynard naked. Dancing.
Oh yeah.

It was amazing for me as I felt let down by the Carling Academy gig. The sound being off and the stiffling heat did nothing for me. That and I wasn't in the mood having got back from Budapest the night before.

The SECC gig just blew me away though, especially with additional lowered expectations after hearing the poor mix for Mastodon.

Maybe we can all dance together when we get to heaven eh?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-30-2006, 03:11 AM   #45
Level 9 3/4 - British

Bincount™: 15082

I think the Glasgow gig is the best one I've seen yet... out of 5 so far this year. toss up between that and wembley...
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-30-2006, 06:09 AM   #46
wraithin' it with da ancients

Bincount™: 16535

Obviously it was the Glasgow gig.
Old 11-30-2006, 06:58 AM   #47
Level 9 3/4 - British

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack O'Neill View Post
Obviously it was the Glasgow gig.
I never got round to asking you Jake... did you enjoy the gig? considering your hatred of Tool an' all?
OFFLINE |  
Old 11-30-2006, 08:58 AM   #48
wraithin' it with da ancients

Bincount™: 16535

Lasers made it bearable. And the Grolsch.

Yeah it was pretty good. Glad we got Swamp Song.

The Pot is the worst song ever. Killed the mood, even moreso than Schism.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:06 PM   #49
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

ktdude, you saw them 5 times this year? Wow... I mean, dedicated fan, that's cool, but basically the same set 5 times, why?!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-01-2006, 12:59 AM   #50
Level 9 3/4 - British

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmeny View Post
ktdude, you saw them 5 times this year? Wow... I mean, dedicated fan, that's cool, but basically the same set 5 times, why?!
it'll be six times after tonight Jimmeny.

I don't hold with complaining about the same set. I couldn't care less to be honest. I just love this band and would follow them to the ends of the earth to see the same ten songs if I could. that's about it really. it's never gotten old, and in fact I feel more excited each time I see them.
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-01-2006, 03:22 AM   #51
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Don't you have more important things to spend £180 on?
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-02-2006, 04:10 AM   #52
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
Oh yeah.

It was amazing for me as I felt let down by the Carling Academy gig. The sound being off and the stiffling heat did nothing for me. That and I wasn't in the mood having got back from Budapest the night before.

The SECC gig just blew me away though, especially with additional lowered expectations after hearing the poor mix for Mastodon.

Maybe we can all dance together when we get to heaven eh?

Yea, the Carling Academy gig was a bit...shit. Why was it so warm?! I had seating tickets and it was still roasting. It was my first Tool gig though, so I was just like 'AHH! TOOL! TOOL! TOOL!', but my God, The SECC was amazing.

Lol, a lot of dancing shall be happening.

The good news is there is no bad news!
OFFLINE |  
Old 12-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #53
Level 1 - Lurker

PANIC.........wheres the f*cking tickets???? 3 frantic hours spent searching house top to bottom & no sign of them.Phoned SECC...basically very unhelpful even when I mentioned if I find them can I get refund as they will have a number on them etc...but unwilling to help in anyway..only bad point of the night!
Oh well its 8.30pm no other choice but to jump in car & get more tickets,tear up the A77 grab tickets & just catch start of 'Stinkfist'.Now this is the first time I have ever had a seated seat at a concert but the sound was awesome,the lights were great & the lasers were brilliant.The images on the screens kept me visually interested(especially 'Jambi') & I would go as far to say thats the best concert I have been to in the sense that I came away from it feeling kinda 'spiritual' even though i'm not into that stuff....weird!
Better than the carling academy gig (yes it was way too hot there!) & cant wait till next summer:-)

p.s.on a good note I didn't have to pay the £3.50 car park fee (did anyone else or was I in the wrong car park?) so that made up a little for the £126 for 2 tickets (2 lost remember) but how can you put a price on a performance like that anyway,worth every penny:-)
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: