opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Arts & Crafts
User Name
Password
Old 06-12-2003, 12:52 PM   #1

Bincount™: 206
blackened heart

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 01:11 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 138
I'll give you a positive reply if you meet two conditions:
1) you made that face yourself
2) you made that background yourself (and not just by applying a filter to a picture you found)
Old 06-12-2003, 03:32 PM   #3

1) i made face with 3dsm
2) i took picture last year up north at friends cottage
Old 06-12-2003, 04:23 PM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally posted by m4yn4rd
1) i made face with 3dsm
2) i took picture last year up north at friends cottage
On that note, good work. You should do more in 3d studio, since that face seems to have required a lot of skill. The other elements of the picture, however, could have used quite a bit more effort.
Old 06-12-2003, 04:55 PM   #5

true, i made the face like a year ago and just discovered i still had it now
Old 06-13-2003, 03:25 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2
eh...it´s mediocore. the background seems a little choppy and i don´t think the two people in the center really fit with the rest of the pic. i don´t know what that face is doing there, but i guess it serves some purpose.
Old 06-13-2003, 07:19 AM   #7
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
so, m4n4rd, buddy, does the picture mean something special for you? i mean *speeeshul*? you know the speeeshul i am talking about? i mean hey, i aint saying there is anything wrong with two guys walking the road of life, but, i lied, i think that there might be.

i see two gay guys and a face turned to stone, because of the pain or the loss of love, but i guess thats just me. the eyes closed tell me something else, and you know. the wavy lines make me see that you are not straight and the blurry sun just make me think. the light hard to see? are they both about to die by drowning themselves? seems they at the edge of the plank, and the water is about to welcome them, what does this picture mean? or you just do it for fun, or just bored, or just felt like wasting all our time, aint saying that its a sucky picture but you coulda just told us its a metaphor for your man whore, dont ban me, i was only kiddin....... or am i? shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhuuush!!!!!!!!
Old 06-13-2003, 08:08 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

I still don't see how the face in the corner could have been modelled by the same creature that made those bathroom icons and swirly lines in the middle, which gets me thinking that you just loaded someone elses model in to 3ds max and rendered it yourself. Please tell me if I'm wrong.
Old 06-13-2003, 12:18 PM   #9

the model was a basic human head model that you can download, then i changed the dimensions of it and added all the parts on the front. like creases and tears. and to the guy who said shit bout it being gay.... the "two men" dont necessairly have to be men, they are just beings... and the crying one is upset because the one they wanted has trailed off with another being and they are heading towards enlightenment, and it is left alone to dry up and turn into stone
Old 06-13-2003, 06:45 PM   #10
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
damn dude..

dont listen to people

if you like it thats all that matters..

but to be honest..
the purple doesnt fit...and the face could have been more incorporated in the picture..

i think the idea is very deep..
but you may have rushed it into the art or rushed the art
take your time..
read some tutorials..there are some really good ones out there..(spoono.com is great)
learn to do a little more with photoshop
i think you have the talent but not the means

good idea but it needs a little work
Old 06-13-2003, 08:23 PM   #11

thx oblive, but the reasoning why it doesnt "fit together" too well, is because the face and the sunset are both about a year old, and i just revived them and put them together
Old 06-13-2003, 08:31 PM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
to be totaly honest...i dont like it, it reminds me of magazine colages...but... trying to be more credible; the 3d face...doesnt fit with the photo and the people and the...blaahhh. the lines and the people are too hard edged while the face is somewhat hazy and the background is more blurred than a drunk watching a dotted line. the background picture reminds me of a really weird jediknight background...its just...ack, i dont like it, sorry. hardedged masks with extremely overstretched images dont work, so whe your going to do your next peice, if its anything like this, use only highest res pics than degrate with filters if you want the effect. get things to fit more coherently. use a color scheme and stick to it, think of colors and emotions perspectives and words; everything and fit them alltogether other than a theme and just throwing shit in. I know your going to defend that, but, those are my suggestions and opinions....have fun creating your art, never let anyone especialy me discourage you.
Old 06-14-2003, 06:43 AM   #13
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
the model was a basic human head model that you can download...
I knew it...

Oh well, I use Poser every once in a while, so I guess I'm guilty of the same crime.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:22 AM   #14

i could have made it from scratch, but to be honest im really lazy, and the one u can download is the same one that u can make with the tutorial... so i was just like...... sigh,
Old 06-14-2003, 01:37 PM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
i could have made it from scratch, but to be honest im really lazy, and the one u can download is the same one that u can make with the tutorial... so i was just like...... sigh,
Even so, the product of a tutorial would not exactly be considered one's own work.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:16 PM   #16

mmmmm tis true

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: