opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 01. Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 10-09-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
pow, right in the kisser

i've always thought this song was pretty straightforward... to me, its about perversion and over-stimulation... kids nowadays cant seem to have fun unless they're fucking each other like rabbits.. "what became of subtlety?" its also about S&M - attempting to turn pain into pleasure.. turning sex into a power game instead of an act of submission..... i've also always used it as an analogy for drug addictions... essentially, boredom breeds obsession...
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89
Re: pow, right in the kisser

Tell us more about your tired and dull interpretation of Tool songs.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 10-09-2014, 09:34 AM   #3
Banned.

i could have dissected it word for word, but i didnt want a post that was ridiculously long

plus, isnt that sort of what this site is for?

Last edited by Malaclypse; 10-09-2014 at 09:35 AM..
Old 03-10-2015, 12:06 AM   #4
Banned.

I think the mood of the song leans more toward the realization of what you have become. It's looking into how you are hiding from your fear and working through it by taking someone's hand. And it's also the acceptance of all of it and finding a way to feel again. Going really deep with another human being, beyond comfort and still finding comfort.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: