opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 01. Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 02-28-2010, 03:08 AM   #1
On Probation

Bincount™: 0
5:11 7:31 9:51

I realize that all Tool songs are open to a billion different interpretations and I think thats adorable but stinkfist only has one. It's a love song between a human and a "non"-existant? entity

In a strange ironic twist had I not "listened" to Tool I never would have figured out what the hell Bono was screaming about back in the early 80's

length of stinkfist 5:11 -- that rat bastard doesn't even give you the warning that "say the word and we'll be well upon our way" is a one way ticket. At least the chilipeppers and Metallica have the decency to give you a heads up.

"once you know you can never go back" - the other side

"you feed it once and now it stays - NOW IT STAYS" Until it Sleeps

type in Maynard James Keenan interview on youtube I'm not posting the link, the one that is 7:31 long, right at the very end is the one that he talks about numbers lining up 1:11 5:55 (this video is the reason I entertained the possibilty that I'm might not be insane and there might be something to this) and so on. He is absolutely right, it does makes things much, much more confusing.

the video is that length for the same reason that the hidden track on All I Want Is You by U2 begins at 7:31. The first rule about fight club is you do not talk about fight club, the second rule of fight club is YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT FIGHT CLUB...... i'm not sure if I'm breaking the rules by saying what I'm saying, some people here would probably know better than me so if it needs to be removed then by all means remove it.

I was drawing a picture interpretation of Rosetta Stoned a few months back thinking of a way I wanted to say what I thought was going on there. I was listening to the song on the youtube video with the lyrics that is 10:12 long, for some unexplained reason (I would say coincidence but I now realize those dont exist, ever) the video just stopped right before he gets to the point, at 7:31 as it turns out. I went back a few minutes and it did it again. I reloaded the video and it did it again. "It" was making a point and yes it does have the capability to do tricks with computers from time to time, I was introduced to 15:15 like this and I don't even know what that means.

A few weeks later I realized what the point was, MJK somehow found a way to say things in that song without really saying anything at all, if he is who he is and that is all he is saying then someone who knows nothing of these matters stands absolutely no ground speaking about it. Not without expecting some sort of consequences anyways, and if you piss this thing off enough it will make you make your life a living hell, and even go so far as to kill you if you're really an asshole. I was shown this on my walk into and home from work the other morning, which is only about 10 minutes long. On the walk in there were no tree branches in the road. 5 hours later, on my walk home there were 4 big tree branches down on both sides of the road where I walk, the 3 inches of wet snow was the biggest factor in this I think.

The point there I guess might be something along the lines of.... don't sell this thing out to save yourself, Godsmack mentions something like that. I'm not sure what this means either, but don't ever lie to a 7:31, they know.

9:51 - total length of "all I want is you", which has nothing to do with a girl I dont think, a better way of saying what 9:51 might mean is "this desperation - dislocation - separation - condemnation - revelation - in temptation - ISOLATION - DECIMATION - L E T - I T - G O - and so fade away - to let it go - and so fade away - to let it go - I'M WIDE AWAKE - I'M WIDE AWAKE - i'm not sleeping.

One other thing I'll say about the band Tool, I never "figured out" what music was until I listened to Tool and all I'm saying is if you get to "figure out" what music is through a band like Tool I'm pretty sure it is an advantage of some sort. Then again they do make this shit pretty much idiot proof so maybe it means i'm a little slower than most. No idea.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:20 AM   #2

Bincount™: 391
Re: 5:11 7:31 9:51

good stuff
Old 02-28-2010, 10:58 AM   #3
I, lengthened eon

Bincount™: 144

Drugs?

B.B.S.C. For life!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:39 PM   #4
homer jay

Bincount™: 4656

yeah youtube has been acting funny for me, had no idea tool was behind it.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:34 PM   #5
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisu View Post
How did you not observe the 7:31, idiot.

Out of all the synchronicity Tool crazies out there, I find myself strangely attracted to this guy...
I did observe the 7:31, I just didn't know what to make of it initially and it kind of made me nervous. Until I realized exactly what it was that I am. This thing appears to control the random so since license plates are random and mine has a 951 or a 159 depending on how you look at it in it I appear to supercede 731 so allow me to begin, also as it turns out i'm a 137, which is the good side of 731 and the last time I checked good gets to say the same things as bad..

As yesterday was 3-2-10 today seems like the right day to start this sort of thing
Old 03-02-2010, 11:46 PM   #6
On Probation

1:11 - 2:22 - 3:33 etc. = just the beginning, obviously adding 1:11 to any of them gets you to the next one.

1:23 - 2:34 - 3:45 - 4:56 - 12:34 = it's just that easy one way or the other. This means any idea or thought you may have could be fufilled just that easily and I interpret thoughts or ideas I have that come along at this time as being a good thing. This does not mean it can't blow up in your face just as easily. Add 1:11 to any of these and get to the next one

2:10 - 3:21 - 4:32 - 5:43 - 6:54 -- same thing with 1:11, I've come across many questionable ideas or thoughts at these times, it's weird how these sorts of questionable thoughts know the right time to pop into my head, it gives a better perspective on them and kind of acts as a guides of the ones to pusrue with caution.

dont get spooked if you have a weird moment with any of these times as 24 minutes later its 234, 345, 456
Old 03-02-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
On Probation

1:32 - 2:31 - 2:13 - 2:43 - 3:12 - 3:54 - 3:24 - 4:23 - 4:35 - 4:53 - 5:46 - 12:43 etc. are all neat times because they're basically in the middles or one way or the others.

4:20 is a good countdown for obvious reasons, it does make sense that the best time of the day to smoke weed is a countdown of sorts. As is 8:40 6:30 4:20 2:10, only one of them goes up in that double style and its 2:46, I like to think of that time as a 46&2 kind of time.

As is 6:04 if only because it's a better time to look forward to than 6:06 which is the closest you can get to 6:66.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:59 PM   #8
On Probation

6:09, when the hidden track on Opiate starts.

This one time I was brought to this mountain road in the middle of the woods somewhere in Vermont. At the end of the street was a sign on a tree that read "if this sign is here you are here - if this sign is not here you are not here"

At the top of the mountain there was a house that appeared to have mattresses covering all of the windows as so nothing that was going on in there could be heard. I would say it could have been some musicians house, but this was so far in the middle of nowhere a concert could be played up there and no one would hear it for miles, so I doubt that was the case. Apparently it was necessary I was aware places like that existed. It got a bit messy, all over the curtains..... that sort of thing I think. Very strange, kind of gave me a different perspective.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #9
On Probation

12:23 - 10:23 - 11:22 = neat times

2:21 - 1:10 - 3:32 - 5:54 etc. = a little early

2:23 - 1:12 - 3:34 etc. = a little late

I could go on and on with these times all morning, but there is no sense. The only reason I'm even putting them up here is because all this time shit is nothing, it's just the beginning. There are so many more levels of this and I'm not going to even attempt to explain the things I've been shown, I have so far to go and I know I haven't seen anything yet. "you see they invited me right in, and they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin." such a true line.

Everything about this is madness but everything about this connects.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:52 AM   #10
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBourque777 View Post

As is 6:04 if only because it's a better time to look forward to than 6:06 which is the closest you can get to 6:66.

no 7:06 is the closest to 6:66
Old 03-03-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
On Probation

Bincount™: 126

dude bourque thats fucking awesome :D

seriously tho..
Old 03-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Discussions like this give me hope for the future of music as a deep emotional movement and further support my theory that the type of music such as Tool makes has such a deep meaning that many people can't listen to it and have to settle for something less stimulating, less scary (rap for example, which has very little to none musical depth).

I was actually going to draw a depiction of what I thought the song was about too, and turn it in with a sketch book for Humanities class but now I think I'll just keep it for myself. I don't want to traumatize my teacher. O_O
Old 03-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissful_Blades View Post
(rap for example, which has very little to none musical depth).
What do you mean by this, be more specific because I think I disagree with you.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #14
I, lengthened eon

Bincount™: 144

Hey Ray, I looked at some things last night that had to do with some of the times that you have mentioned. I was surprised to find that some of them line up perfectly with times that things (good and bad) have happened to me. Very strange stuff and I have never really thought about it like this before.

12:23 am on December 21st, 08 I was in a horrible car accident that almost took my life.

5:54 am on May 3rd, 88 is the time that is listed as my time of birth.

Now I don't really get the meaning of this or the other times that I have experienced. Can you explain this more to me so I can try to gain more understanding about it?

B.B.S.C. For life!
Old 03-11-2010, 08:10 PM   #15
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InertUniformity View Post
What do you mean by this, be more specific because I think I disagree with you.
I'm not saying ALL rap, because there are exceptions to every rule. But the peices that are strictly about.. how to get a woman in your bed.. or how good the weed is. There are a lot of peices about that in the music genre I listen to.. But past what might be in the symbolism of that type of lifestyle in the lyrics (that I admit I don't understand because I don't live it), when you get down to the bare bones of the instruments... to me it lacks substance. And if the music itself is lacking for a reaction in my brain then it's hard to get past the rest.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: