opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 01. Stinkfist
User Name
Password
Old 08-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
3:50 to 4:01

Hey, so I'm just throwing this out there, take it or leave it as you wish, I don't really care, I just wanted to hear what you guys think.

First, you all know that everyone is always on the Beatles' nuts and always talking about how they revolutionized music and all that good stuff. Many artists throughout the years have drawn influence from them and had little tributes to the Beatles. Well, last night I was listening to this song and I noticed that starting at 3:50 when MJK sings "There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything; what's become of subtlety?" I feel as though Maynard sings it in a very Beatles-esque manner. I've never read anything about Tool drawing any influence from the Beatles, so it's probably just whatever, but I just want to see if you guys hear that at all.

(_ _ \ /)
Old 08-17-2009, 05:00 AM   #2

Bincount™: 391
Re: 3:50 to 4:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Intension View Post
Hey, so I'm just throwing this out there, take it or leave it as you wish, I don't really care, I just wanted to hear what you guys think.

First, you all know that everyone is always on the Beatles' nuts and always talking about how they revolutionized music and all that good stuff. Many artists throughout the years have drawn influence from them and had little tributes to the Beatles. Well, last night I was listening to this song and I noticed that starting at 3:50 when MJK sings "There's something kinda sad about the way that things have come to be. Desensitized to everything; what's become of subtlety?" I feel as though Maynard sings it in a very Beatles-esque manner. I've never read anything about Tool drawing any influence from the Beatles, so it's probably just whatever, but I just want to see if you guys hear that at all.

(_ _ \ /)
cant really make the connection
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:34 AM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

My son made a noise yesterday that I thought sounded like my cat so, in theory, it must've been a tribute to my cat.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0

So because a singer sings sorta kinda like another singer for one tiny part of one song, you think there's a connection? I seriously doubt it. I'm sure Maynard has heard the Beatles before, but who hasn't? and I'm also sure he's heard hundreds, maybe thousands of other singers, and he may at times sound sorta kinda like one of these singers, because after all, they are all (seemingly) human, and the structure of their voice box is very similar. This is merely a coincidence, if that.
SEE MORE
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: