opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM   #6561
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool tour questions / discussion (merged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesegreater View Post
This is kinda fucked, I'm sorry. Wow, you guys make it seem like we should feel bad for orchestrating this for friends, a lot of whom have been wanting to see Tool and have never seen them live before.
I'll inform my friend about this. It's going to be unimaginable suck if I have to tell my friends this fell through because ticketmaster thinks we're scalpers.

P.S. This is for the San An show I'm talking about. I mean, why fuck us out of our tickets when there are still some to be bought at ticketmaster as we speak?

I guess it wouldn't be a rock show if there's no drama leading up to the show.
I have accidentally ordered more than 8 before on two separate orders and if my memory serves me correctly I think I only got 8 or them. I would defiantly call them asap. Good luck with that.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-11-2009, 07:40 PM   #6562
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by honky View Post
Yeah. Aside from the douche bags in sandals there to see Snoop Dogg (and piles of other shitty bands)--someone fucking died during their set due to poor planning. I assumed that was their last time there before their set ended.

Stoked to hear the POSSIBILITY of a CA show. fingers crossed...!
Douchebags in sandals sounds about right. Don't forget oompa loompa colored skin, being stoned, and drinking a bud lite while yelling, "*LINE* BROOOO!!!"

No one died, but around 16 people got med-evac'ed if I remember. I know when someone died at a Pearl Jam show it really hit Eddie hard. Must be an odd feeling knowing your music killed someone right in front of you because humans are stupid and brute when shoveled together.

CA SHOW FTW.

...I'm thinking of all the ways they could play because no one's guessed the venue right yet and I feel like I could be a writer for Metalocalypse right now.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #6563
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr funkmaster View Post
Dude we're trying to help (a) make sure you don't get screwed out of your tickets this time and (b) make sure you know how to work around these rules the next time. It's not hard to do and these rules have been around for years. But I understand if this is the first time making a mass- purchase like this you guys may not have known. There's still a decent chance the error won't be caught by ticketmaster especially since 6 and 6 isn't an egregious violation of the 8 ticket maximum.
I know you're trying to help, my bad. I do find this irritating, and I guess this is our first mass purchase. We're calling ticketmaster tomorrow to make sure we don't hit a major snag. Anyway, appreciate the help guys. Hopefully we can work this out with minimal problems. Really I feel pretty fortunate I saw you guys discussing this issue. It would have been a lot worse getting blind-sided by all this right before the show.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:12 AM   #6564
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Some speculation about the setlist has got me thinking. Here are the songs I would LOVE to hear from each album:

Opiate: Cold and ugly
Jerk-Off
Undertow: Undertow
4 Degrees
Aenima: PUSHIT (would change my life)
Jimmy
Third Eye
Lateralus: Disposition (if followed by Reflection and Triad I wouldn't mind...)
The Grudge
10,000 Days: Jambi
Intension/Right in Two

The Grudge would be the ultimate opener (I missed the Lateralus tour) but Jambi has an energy that can't be explained. Aenima is easily the best closer, but Lateralus would do the trick. I want to experience something different from this viewing of TOOL, and I have a sneaking suspicion I will be rewarded...
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 06:42 AM   #6565
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Seriously who else is unbelievably psyched about Tool coming to Molson Ampitheater again? The last show there was out of control......

-David Cross
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:05 AM   #6566
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDubbs View Post
Some speculation about the setlist has got me thinking. Here are the songs I would LOVE to hear from each album:

Opiate: Cold and ugly
Jerk-Off
Undertow: Undertow
4 Degrees
Aenima: PUSHIT (would change my life)
Jimmy
Third Eye
Lateralus: Disposition (if followed by Reflection and Triad I wouldn't mind...)
The Grudge
Intension/Right in Two

The Grudge would be the ultimate opener (I missed the Lateralus tour) but Jambi has an energy that can't be explained. Aenima is easily the best closer, but Lateralus would do the trick. I want to experience something different from this viewing of TOOL, and I have a sneaking suspicion I will be rewarded...
I have seen most of the songs on your list.

The only songs that I would like to see are....

#1 Opiate
#2 You Lied (Salival)
#3 Hush
#4 Third Eye

They could play just about anything else they want, but if i heard even two of those songs it would be a show that could rival the 2001 ACC show (best show I have ever seen).
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:26 AM   #6567
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eighteenth Eye View Post
They could play just about anything else they want, but if i heard even two of those songs it would be a show that could rival the 2001 ACC show (best show I have ever seen).
ya that show takes the cake
pushit + the patient
mmm
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #6568
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

i would ideally want most of these satisfied, ideally...
Opiate: Opiate, Hush
Undertow: Sober, Prison Sex, 4 Degrees
AEnema: Stinkfist, Eulogy, H., Pushit, AEnima
Lateralus: The Grudge, Parabol/Parabola, Lateralus
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #6569
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by swall View Post
My Tickets are
SEC:202
ROW:E
DEAD CENTER
psyched? ya, you could say I'm psyched!

Thought tix went on sale today at 5pm?

-David Cross
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #6570
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huff View Post
Thought tix went on sale today at 5pm?
Edge presale yesterday...but you should have no problems getting tix today at 5pm.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 07:55 AM   #6571
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by swall View Post
no problem for lawns....
There will be more than lawns...trust me.

They only release some sections for the presales.

There should be a few more GA floors and then 200s and 300s available if you are quick.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #6572
Level 7 - Loquacious

Tool,

It's New England calling. Please get back to me as soon as possible,

Thanks.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:27 AM   #6573
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunga View Post
Tool,

It's New England calling. Please get back to me as soon as possible,

Thanks.
Manchester is back up...

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/01...&minorcatid=60
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:35 AM   #6574
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by junior View Post
They haven't fully settled on an opener yet, but there will be one.
I'm reasonably sure it won't be FNM, though.
Maynard should round up the boys and have Puscifer open. That would be fucking epic, but not realistic. Although he (Maynard) did say in an interview a while back that Puscifer might do some shows in Texas. How about the recent disband ASHES dIVIDE?? I would die a happy man... Saw ASHES dIVIDE while they were opening for STP couple summers ago they are fucking amazing!!!! I can’t believe their album didn’t “take off” I’ve listened to it hundreds of times I would suggest it to any TOOL or APC fan!! That would be the ultimate opener.
5-11-07__5-19-07__ 6-22-07__11-16-07__ 11-19-07__7-25-09__6-23-10__1-21-12__3-24-14__3-25-14__10-31-15__1-14-16__1-16-16__1-17-16__10-28-16__5-30-17__5-19-19__11-03-19__02-01-20__01-30-2022__03-10-2022__03-17-2022
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 08:58 AM   #6575
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
There will be more than lawns...trust me.

They only release some sections for the presales.

There should be a few more GA floors and then 200s and 300s available if you are quick.
Cool thanks

-David Cross
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 09:42 AM   #6576
The Lube

Bincount™: 5355

Tool should get neurosis to open.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:34 AM   #6577
Level 4 - Thinker

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see TooL again, but if I got to request just ONE song, it would have to be, with out a doubt....

THIRD EYE

Saw that song played live at my first TooL show, and that song turned me into a fan for life! Truly epic on every level.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #6578
Level 7 - Loquacious

Should I be trying livenation.com or ticketmaster.com for the 5pm Toronto On-sale?

Last edited by Eighteenth Eye; 06-12-2009 at 12:07 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #6579

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjalf View Post
Tool should get neurosis to open.
Holy crap that would be amazing. I was lucky enough to see them at the Scion Rockfest in Atlanta this past February. Boris was fantastic. Mastodon was pretty good. But for me Neurosis was definitely the highlight of the day. I'd love to see them again even if it's a shortened setlist.
Old 06-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #6580
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Hey, sorry for this post, the ticket Hookup thread is closed, so I'll post this in here instead.

I'm selling a pair of 302 seats in Toronto, August 5th.

I got them through the EDGE presale and I'm selling them because I'll be hitting Manchester instead, closer to me.

Selling the pair at face value (172 canadian dollars for both tickets), shipping's on me.

Email me at [email protected]
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 11:30 AM   #6581
Smokes poutine every day

Quote:
Should I be trying livenation.com or ticketmaster.com for the 5pm Toronto Pre-sale?
ticketmaster

this aint the presale this is real deal now bro! so dont fuck up
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #6582
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Alright, back in business. Now it's just a matter of getting tickets. This show will sell-out in about 5 minutes. I wonder if a second show is a possibility for the last announced date?
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #6583
Level 7 - Loquacious

Btw, forgot to say, but for anyone who knows Del Mar, CA for what it is, I was at a stoplight blasting Rosetta Stoned on my first drive in months (re: college) and some old, skin-cancerous, flabby stub-armed lady was flipping me off.

Apparently, I do things right. :)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #6584

TOOL NEWSLETTER
MAY 2009, E.V.

Knowing that Tool are scheduled to perform at “Energy Solutions Arena” in Salt Lake City, Utah on July 19, 2009, and being very aware that the 19th happens to be a SUNDAY, on behalf of the band, I would like to reassure all those Tool enthusiasts who are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (or those who are thinking about converting to Mormonism) that they need not worry about any judgment, punishment or other repercussions from breaking the strict rules and attending the show.
Having graduated from Miskatonic University (Go Black Goats!) with a degree in comparative religion, trust me when I tell you that I am well acquainted with the unique beliefs of the so-called “restored church”, and how LDS doctrine urges those to abstain from certain activities on SUNDAYS, including drinking hot beverages, watching R-rated movies, driving to the nearest “Sonic” for a cherry limeade, listening to rock music, and going out to see one’s friends. Therefore, I understand your trepidation about doing NyQuil shots before jumping in dad’s Prius and going to see a Hollywood-based prog-metal band with song titles like “Hooker With A Penis.” Sounds like a good way to end up on the wrong side of the tracks in the Telestial Kingdom, doesn’t it? Well, what if I told you that you could get floor seats for $93.00, sneak in goldfish crackers and/or Nilla wafers, enjoy the entire show, lights and all (on the Sabbath), and still get a Group A boarding pass for the indescribably beautiful realm that could only be Celestial Kingdom!

How are my pre-spousal units and I going to go to a SUNDAY night Tool show without any retribution from a vengeful God, you ask? And how can we be so sure that after being judged we won’t be awarded the worst of the Three Degrees of Glory, where we’re forced to have spirit prison sex? I’ll tell you how, but first let’s not forget about a little hymn and a prayer…

Okay, a sip of non-caffeinated soda (yep, a friendly root beer made in a church basement is fine) and we’ll proceed. Because of the date, July 19, I participated in a séance in order to contact the 10th president of the LDS church, Joseph Fielding Smith (born on July 19, 1876, becoming a prophet from January 23, 1970 to July 2, 1972). At the height of the ceremony, a dazzling pillar of milky golden light appeared, in the middle of which could be seen a mysterious personage garbed in lustrous white raiment. With its basel ganglia working overtime, for several hours the apparition repeated exactly the same words, instructing me to follow the paw tracks of a black cat named “Midnight Meringue” (named so, because the mischievous feline had devoured grandma’s lemon meringue pie at that hour) to an antique game of “Fanorona.” Once there, I was to properly interpret the pleasing pattern formed by the remaining pieces at the end of the game (having already seen the same pattern in cracks of dried-up mud and from spilled “Ranch-Style” beans while viewed through Herkimer ‘diamond’ spectacles). While in a state of heightened awareness (with my anja chakra activated), I was informed how to win an eBay auction for a particular vintage box of Cracker Jack (circa 1910), whereupon I would be permitted to find a much sought after paper mechanical prize known (paradoxically enough) as “Boy Eating Cracker Jack.”

As sure as Jesus and his wives had once visited America, by moving a little mechanical tab sideways, the mouth of the boy eating Cracker Jack would form words (again, as perceived with focused consciousness) that would reveal the exact secret location where (more) golden plates were buried, along with a silver box that contained the special seer stones necessary to decipher them. However, because these treasure digging endeavors to unearth resplendent discs containing a sacred revelation inscribed on them (a mixture of Egyptian, Chaldaic, and Assyrian records) seemed like the bullshit of a bullshitter, I quickly pulled the plug on the effulgent presence with its bad receptivity, annoying glitches, and battery-draining pomposity. (The ‘spirit of the prophet’ as a revelatory catalyst summoned from some parallel perception of reality undoubtedly being a trickster of the highest order – the luniverse being filled with such bullshitters - as was evident by its repeated claim that Brigham Young’s horse-drawn hearse is currently parked in front of Disneyland’s “Haunted Mansion.”)

So how was I now going to convince all those faithful Mormon Tool fans out there that they could go to SUNDAY night’s show at “Energy Solutions Arena” on JULY 19 without being in fear of God’s wrath? Obviously, attending the gig wouldn’t qualify those as one of the Sons of Perdition cast into the Outer Darkness with Lucifer (if that makes sense). I mean, c’mon, a Tool concert isn’t exactly a confirming vision from heaven! No, if anything, the penalty for such nitpicky sins (such as ignoring Section 89 in “Doctrine and Covenants” – having herbal tea with the leaves in it) would be the afterlife ‘hell’ of knowing that one could have had a better reward. Kind of like watching (or smelling) one munching on gourmet blue cheese and Buffalo-wing flavored popcorn while all you’ve got is some burnt Jiffy Pop (although, ironically, there’s a lesser chance of getting afterlife “popcorn lung” with the latter). Still, there must be some loophole – some way for a temple worthy Mormon and his pre-spousal units to go see Keenan and company on SUNDAY night, and still end up in the Celestial Kingdom in time for split-pea soup with meatballs and sunshine glazed carrots.

And then a thought occurred to me: what about the “Second Coming” in Mormon theology? God is infinitely forgiving of nearly any sin BEFORE the “Second Coming.” That’s the real ‘word of wisdom’ here (besides you’ve got a year’s supply of canned food squirreled away). So, knowing that even the directive of a vengeful God doesn’t amount to a hill of jellybeans before the “Second Coming” (keep in mind, here I’m talking about Mormons, not Mongolian herdsmen), and that seeing Tool is not an unpardonable sin, why not attend SUNDAY’s extravaganza at “ENERGY SOLUTIONS ARENA?” Adhering to the precepts of the gospel is fine, but for those who’d rather live a day as a lion than a lifetime as a lamb, I’m not suggesting huffing diacetyl fumes in some popcorn den, but don’t be afraid to push the liver before the show with something harder than Diet Sprite (just as long as you’ll be able to recover in time for “Pioneer Day” on July 24th or whenever it is). Heck, even with thunderbolts and condemnation, those of you who truly believe that Jesus was born on April’s Fool Day will in all likeliness make it to at least one of the average Joe heavens filled with liars, cheaters, sorcerers, adulterers, and whoremongers. And there’re bound to be games and refreshments, so what have you got to lose (other than knowing that there might be better games and refreshments elsewhere)?

HAPPY TRAILS

BLAIR
JUSTIN
DANNY
MAYNARD
ADAM
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #6585
On Probation

Bincount™: 55

god i hate tool
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #6586
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka
Bincount™: 80

the atlanta show that goes on sale tomorrow, is that livenation or ticketmaster or what? anyone know wat time it starts to sell?
Old 06-12-2009, 12:53 PM   #6587

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude420 View Post
the atlanta show that goes on sale tomorrow, is that livenation or ticketmaster or what? anyone know wat time it starts to sell?
http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?t..._search&q=tool

Looks like ticketbastard at 10 am to me.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #6588
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 29

LOL - four people trying from different locations at exactly 5:00 and nobody does better than lawns. WTF? Still looking for a pair...
Old 06-12-2009, 01:04 PM   #6589
Level 7 - Loquacious

203 Row B !!

Molson Ampitheatre
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #6590
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Damn that sold out fast
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #6591
Level 7 - Loquacious

Got a single ticket for sale - Molson Ampitheatre.

Section 301, Row M. Aisle Seat.

Face Value $90.

PM me if interested.
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 PM   #6592
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

wow, I got in right away, best could get was 300 row A. Next search was Lawns within 20 seconds after... now getting no matches found, so sold out or lawns only....

oh well, I'll enjoy the 300's I guess.....
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #6593
Smokes poutine every day

damn i think a lot of peope are gonna be unhappy
tried to get 4 for my friends in the 200s and got i right away and got security feature right and nothing came up...the moral is to buy in lower numbers

i hope you guys all got tix
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #6594
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I got 407 Row L. Looks like second to last row. Oh well. I got these about 5 minutes after 5. Tried to search by section after my first "Best Available" came up with lawns. Looks like someone didn't get order completed.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #6595
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

some orders are on hold, they get cancelled, then released again, f@ck I found better seats (203) now than what I had (300)
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #6596
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
203 Row B !!

Molson Ampitheatre

Wow! Nicely done man...you must be pretty quick on the draw. I pulled a pair in 203 row S, and two singles in 305 row A hoping they were close together, but they're seat 5 and 19...bah! Oh well, talking to friends just takes the focus off the show...heh
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 01:27 PM   #6597
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noopie View Post
Wow! Nicely done man...you must be pretty quick on the draw. I pulled a pair in 203 row S, and two singles in 305 row A hoping they were close together, but they're seat 5 and 19...bah! Oh well, talking to friends just takes the focus off the show...heh
I have 305 row A as well
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #6598
Level 7 - Loquacious

Location: in the quaalude induced semi-lucid dreams of the mexican staring frog of sri lanka
Bincount™: 80

i need advice for getting a good one on ticketmaster, never done this
Old 06-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #6599
Level 10 - Vehement

LA?
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
OFFLINE |  
Old 06-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #6600
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
LA?
I feel fairly confident that a Southern California show will emerge in the next few days.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: