Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 12:57 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
12-10-2007, 11:59 PM

Just got home- wow! I have much to say! But as usual, rather than be a post whore right out of the gate, I'll keep this short and let others fill in the blanks.

THE GOOD

Maynard. In good spirits most of the night. Sang the entire outro to Vicarious! First time I have seen him do that in like five shows. When he swung the keyboard away from him, I figured it was just so he could thrust the mic at us to sing the part. Instead, he leaned back and belted it out "Vicariously I.... Live while the whole world dies". Awesome.

Also, Lateralus. I know the song has been played to death. But goddam if it didn't blow up at the end like you always hope it will, but aren't quite sure. This song = delivering the goods.

Flood. Just keeps getting better.

The three rotating orb lights had new visuals on them. Very well thought out (well done Adam).

My seat- about 20 ft from the stage on Adam's side. Dude's a zombie!

TEH BAD

Ok, MUST get this off my chest. I sat in row D, seat 413 (aisle). To the morons next to me- why do you even go to live concerts? You yakked... and yakked... and then you went to get beers... and you came back (mid-song)... and then you yakked... and you yakked. JESUS HENRY FRIGGIN CHRIST! You were like a couple of old ladies in love with the sound of your own voices! You didn't seem to know one song by the band, which would have been fine except you really thought that what you were talking about was FAR more important! Yes, the guy in the aisle to the left of us was barely standing and nodding in and out. Ok. Great. I didn't pay to see that or hear you talk about it you GIANT FUGGIN MEATHEADS!

/rant off

Great night and can't wait for Vegas.

Spiral
Old 12-10-2007, 11:59 PM   #2
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: Dec 10 Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theater

Just got home- wow! I have much to say! But as usual, rather than be a post whore right out of the gate, I'll keep this short and let others fill in the blanks.

THE GOOD

Maynard. In good spirits most of the night. Sang the entire outro to Vicarious! First time I have seen him do that in like five shows. When he swung the keyboard away from him, I figured it was just so he could thrust the mic at us to sing the part. Instead, he leaned back and belted it out "Vicariously I.... Live while the whole world dies". Awesome.

Also, Lateralus. I know the song has been played to death. But goddam if it didn't blow up at the end like you always hope it will, but aren't quite sure. This song = delivering the goods.

Flood. Just keeps getting better.

The three rotating orb lights had new visuals on them. Very well thought out (well done Adam).

My seat- about 20 ft from the stage on Adam's side. Dude's a zombie!

TEH BAD

Ok, MUST get this off my chest. I sat in row D, seat 413 (aisle). To the morons next to me- why do you even go to live concerts? You yakked... and yakked... and then you went to get beers... and you came back (mid-song)... and then you yakked... and you yakked. JESUS HENRY FRIGGIN CHRIST! You were like a couple of old ladies in love with the sound of your own voices! You didn't seem to know one song by the band, which would have been fine except you really thought that what you were talking about was FAR more important! Yes, the guy in the aisle to the left of us was barely standing and nodding in and out. Ok. Great. I didn't pay to see that or hear you talk about it you GIANT FUGGIN MEATHEADS!

/rant off

Great night and can't wait for Vegas.

Spiral
OFFLINE |  
HelloHollywood
12-11-2007, 12:00 AM

first post..
first review..

STELLAR.

now i fly back to new york.. even though i am currently flying through los angeles.

WINGS FOR MARIE/10,000 DAYS IS THE OPUS OF TOOL.

that is all.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 AM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

first post..
first review..

STELLAR.

now i fly back to new york.. even though i am currently flying through los angeles.

WINGS FOR MARIE/10,000 DAYS IS THE OPUS OF TOOL.

that is all.
OFFLINE |  
somniferousalmondeye's Avatar somniferousalmondeye
12-11-2007, 12:11 AM

GREAT SHOW!!!! wish they would have closed with aenema but hey, whatever. Maynard and the rest of the boys really gave us a great performance, thanks guys

jambi
stinkfist
46&2
schism
rosetta stoned
flood
wings
10,000 days
lateralus
vicarious

till next time.....(to the guy who posted after me, aenema is the L.A theme song, that's all)

"think for yourself, question authority"

Last edited by somniferousalmondeye; 12-11-2007 at 01:45 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 12:11 AM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 18

GREAT SHOW!!!! wish they would have closed with aenema but hey, whatever. Maynard and the rest of the boys really gave us a great performance, thanks guys

jambi
stinkfist
46&2
schism
rosetta stoned
flood
wings
10,000 days
lateralus
vicarious

till next time.....(to the guy who posted after me, aenema is the L.A theme song, that's all)

"think for yourself, question authority"

Last edited by somniferousalmondeye; 12-11-2007 at 01:45 AM..
OFFLINE |  
eriches
12-11-2007, 12:22 AM

I'm glad they didn't close with Aenema... I didn't want to hear another fanboy sing-along ala Stinkfist

Last edited by eriches; 12-11-2007 at 12:24 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm glad they didn't close with Aenema... I didn't want to hear another fanboy sing-along ala Stinkfist

Last edited by eriches; 12-11-2007 at 12:24 AM..
OFFLINE |  
12-11-2007, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriches View Post
I'm glad they didn't close with Aenema... I didn't want to hear another fanboy sing-along ala Prison Sex.
I sang my lungs out to Vicarious. Not the same?

/fanboi here
Old 12-11-2007, 12:24 AM   #6
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriches View Post
I'm glad they didn't close with Aenema... I didn't want to hear another fanboy sing-along ala Prison Sex.
I sang my lungs out to Vicarious. Not the same?

/fanboi here
OFFLINE |  
eriches
12-11-2007, 12:26 AM

Well, I'll admit I did, too. (Edited my post. Meant Stinkfist, not Prison Sex. Apologies.)
Old 12-11-2007, 12:26 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Well, I'll admit I did, too. (Edited my post. Meant Stinkfist, not Prison Sex. Apologies.)
OFFLINE |  
Quadropheniac
12-11-2007, 12:28 AM

This was my 15th Tool show and they're just the best friggin band on earth. They've come a long way since I viewed them in 94 in Tijuana they played for a 100 of us @ $20 A TICKET.
The roadies appeared to be wearing lab coats and BTW-

Was the singer from Trans am eating a sandwich during the last song??????

Too funny.

The set list is correct in the above post but I believe there was a hint of -ions right after the first song. Could be wrong.

To JENIFER who sat next to me: please email me some of the pictures you took.
PLEASE.
[email protected]

UNTIL THE LAST SHOW ON FRIDAY. I should be the first to post on Friday because I have a suite at the PALMS woohoo!

Save your shady inference!
Old 12-11-2007, 12:28 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

This was my 15th Tool show and they're just the best friggin band on earth. They've come a long way since I viewed them in 94 in Tijuana they played for a 100 of us @ $20 A TICKET.
The roadies appeared to be wearing lab coats and BTW-

Too funny.

The set list is correct in the above post but I believe there was a hint of -ions right after the first song. Could be wrong.

To JENIFER who sat next to me: please email me some of the pictures you took.
PLEASE.
[email protected]

UNTIL THE LAST SHOW ON FRIDAY. I should be the first to post on Friday because I have a suite at the PALMS woohoo!

Save your shady inference!
OFFLINE |  
GernBlanston's Avatar GernBlanston
12-11-2007, 12:36 AM

brilliant show. sometimes they can lure you into a psychedelic experience.

flood.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:36 AM   #9
tdn $upporter

Bincount™: 9

brilliant show. sometimes they can lure you into a psychedelic experience.

flood.
OFFLINE |  
eriches
12-11-2007, 12:38 AM

I particularly enjoyed Jambi and Schism tonight, maybe just because I had another six months to listen to them (since San Diego in May), but those are just really lovely songs. The content gets richer the more I listen.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:38 AM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

I particularly enjoyed Jambi and Schism tonight, maybe just because I had another six months to listen to them (since San Diego in May), but those are just really lovely songs. The content gets richer the more I listen.
OFFLINE |  
taxicabgod's Avatar taxicabgod
12-11-2007, 12:39 AM

Great show. Best one i've seen on the 10,000 days so far with the vibe, spirits, whatever.
If I was a tad taller I'd have gotten that fkn drum head from Danny. I got a finger on it. Talked to the guy who got it and was able to get a good look at it. Danny draws a pentagram type thing and a bunch of other little symbols including a 666 and also signed and dated it. And Danny was sporting the E. Brand 42 jersey like a champ. (still my favorite player despite his lost season due to the blown achilles). Represent!

Was in row E in front of Maynard / Adam on the aisle. Probly saw Sonny boy but i don't know him so....

What the fuck is up with retard who is loving the show in row a and shows it by non stop giving the middle finger to everone? Must be a generation gap thing. I dunno.

Psyched for tmrw! Gonna be chillin in the way back seats taking in the long view.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:39 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Great show. Best one i've seen on the 10,000 days so far with the vibe, spirits, whatever.
If I was a tad taller I'd have gotten that fkn drum head from Danny. I got a finger on it. Talked to the guy who got it and was able to get a good look at it. Danny draws a pentagram type thing and a bunch of other little symbols including a 666 and also signed and dated it. And Danny was sporting the E. Brand 42 jersey like a champ. (still my favorite player despite his lost season due to the blown achilles). Represent!

Was in row E in front of Maynard / Adam on the aisle. Probly saw Sonny boy but i don't know him so....

What the fuck is up with retard who is loving the show in row a and shows it by non stop giving the middle finger to everone? Must be a generation gap thing. I dunno.

Psyched for tmrw! Gonna be chillin in the way back seats taking in the long view.
OFFLINE |  
ElMaestro's Avatar ElMaestro
12-11-2007, 12:40 AM

Lucky show number 7 for me =) I'm becoming a veteran....Had to go to this show by myself-wasn't able to get more than 1 ticket off ticketmaster but 1 Tool ticket was better than none. I had heard there was originally supposed to be 2 shows at Nokia but then they changed the second night to San Francisco?

Sat next to a really cool ex-marine dude who let me use his binoculars. You rule man =) I'd buy you a beer if I saw you again. Trans-Am was much better than I thought they would be. Better than any other Tool opener I've seen anyway. Vocals were mediocre but the drummer was awesome. During the Lateralus drum off, he seemed like a Danny Carey protege. I thought the theater itself was pretty cool. It was a perfect place to watch the laser show. Last year I went to the Oakland show and stood in the very front and I kind of missed it. Every Tool veteran has to try that at least once.

Man, out of the 7 times I've seen them this was by far the best laser show and I was totally sober. I was a bit jealous of all those people around me trippin' balls...by I don't do that stuff anymore =( They had these red, white, blue, green circle lasers...it was crazy, you had to have been there.

Did anyone else think it was wierd that Maynard said something like: they know how to rock harder in San Francisco, or they are louder in San Francisco! Um, I thought the San Francisco show was tomarrow? Also, he said something: I heard theres a writers strike: bummer. I knew a guy who wrote a story about a woman and her daughter that switched places, like the woman went to school and the daughter stayed home...something like that.

I was kind of dreading hearing Wings live. I thought there'd be a bunch of drunk jackasses ruining it but actually I saw a few people really connecting with the song. It was kind of beautiful. They had a whole green and blue laser show that went with it and they nailed it! It was amazing, I have a whole new respect for those songs and I always skip them when I listen to the album. Anyone else ever do that? Observe people connect with the songs? Its an experience to watch =)
Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #12
Level 1 - Lurker

Lucky show number 7 for me =) I'm becoming a veteran....Had to go to this show by myself-wasn't able to get more than 1 ticket off ticketmaster but 1 Tool ticket was better than none. I had heard there was originally supposed to be 2 shows at Nokia but then they changed the second night to San Francisco?

Sat next to a really cool ex-marine dude who let me use his binoculars. You rule man =) I'd buy you a beer if I saw you again. Trans-Am was much better than I thought they would be. Better than any other Tool opener I've seen anyway. Vocals were mediocre but the drummer was awesome. During the Lateralus drum off, he seemed like a Danny Carey protege. I thought the theater itself was pretty cool. It was a perfect place to watch the laser show. Last year I went to the Oakland show and stood in the very front and I kind of missed it. Every Tool veteran has to try that at least once.

Man, out of the 7 times I've seen them this was by far the best laser show and I was totally sober. I was a bit jealous of all those people around me trippin' balls...by I don't do that stuff anymore =( They had these red, white, blue, green circle lasers...it was crazy, you had to have been there.

Did anyone else think it was wierd that Maynard said something like: they know how to rock harder in San Francisco, or they are louder in San Francisco! Um, I thought the San Francisco show was tomarrow? Also, he said something: I heard theres a writers strike: bummer. I knew a guy who wrote a story about a woman and her daughter that switched places, like the woman went to school and the daughter stayed home...something like that.

I was kind of dreading hearing Wings live. I thought there'd be a bunch of drunk jackasses ruining it but actually I saw a few people really connecting with the song. It was kind of beautiful. They had a whole green and blue laser show that went with it and they nailed it! It was amazing, I have a whole new respect for those songs and I always skip them when I listen to the album. Anyone else ever do that? Observe people connect with the songs? Its an experience to watch =)
OFFLINE |  
12-11-2007, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxicabgod View Post

Haha! Yea we must've seen each other. I watched that drum head land not too far from me! And yea, some dude in the pit area thought throwing the middle finger for the last two songs was his thing- wtf? indeed!

The guy who the nimrods next to me were so interested in was that dude in front of you who was barely coherent and sort of nodding in and out yet still able to stand. Lord, they would not shut up about him.

Did you noticed at the end of Vicarious how Adam just stood and looked at the audience without moving for like 3 minutes? I don't think he even blinked. Weird stuff but it adds more to my own personal mystery for this band!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 12-11-2007 at 12:53 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 12:51 AM   #13
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

Haha! Yea we must've seen each other. I watched that drum head land not too far from me! And yea, some dude in the pit area thought throwing the middle finger for the last two songs was his thing- wtf? indeed!

The guy who the nimrods next to me were so interested in was that dude in front of you who was barely coherent and sort of nodding in and out yet still able to stand. Lord, they would not shut up about him.

Did you noticed at the end of Vicarious how Adam just stood and looked at the audience without moving for like 3 minutes? I don't think he even blinked. Weird stuff but it adds more to my own personal mystery for this band!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 12-11-2007 at 12:53 AM..
OFFLINE |  
HolyMolyRavioli's Avatar HolyMolyRavioli
12-11-2007, 12:56 AM

FUCKING GREAT SHOW. I walked out of the Nokia in awe. And to think I almost didn't make it.

First of all, luck was on my side. I didn't get any tickets when they went on-sale, as I relied on my friend to get them, but she unfortunately couldn't, which sucked only cause we had to raise the money slowly, as being gals at the age of 16, heh, we don't receive any income. So we spent the past week hoping that something would pull through (we were NOT gonna spend more than 200 on tickets), and lo and behold, on thursday we found out that we knew someone who knew someone who was selling tickets at face value. After kissing ass, he got 'em for us, and we received em today. They were LOGE seats, but we were like ah, fuck it. At least we're going right?

So we're expecting seats in the back, we ask the ushers where we're seated and they keep telling us to keep going at the end, until finally one of them goes, "oh you're in the VIP section, head forward.' And sure enough, we got luxury seats! We just started laughing because, well, sometimes life is too generous.

Enough about me... just wanted to share that with someone, lol.

Trans Am was cool, I thought they were fun.

So onto Tool:

Jambi was cool. I think Maynard started speaking after the song, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. He said hey to us, and said San Francisco was louder (which...doesn't make sense, as they're playing SF tomorrow :P). He then said something about casting calls.

Stinkfist is always one of my favorites to hear live. Love the extended version. Twas good. Forty Six & 2 was great also. Drum solo is always good.

I will forever love Schism and how they speed it up around the end of the song. Its just so kickass.

Rosetta Stoned is awesome.

FLOOD IS KILLER LIVE. Totally exceeded my expectations. Loved the water visuals. Goddamn, it was amazing! I'm glad I got to hear that song live.

After Flood, I believe there was an intermission and a light-show, sorta. Pretty trippy. They showed that uh, still from the vicarious video, and being the loser that I am, I thought they were going to debut the video, but eh.

Wings/10kd is such a powerful and moving song. And the laser show really adds to the entire experience.

My highlight of the entire night was Lateralus. Its probably my favorite Tool song, so I was really into it, along with the guys next to us. They did that whole drum battle/solo/contest/whatever between Danny and... I didn't catch the other guys name. Lasted for awhile, then Maynard held up the scores: 9 and 8.

We had this moment, during the last verse of Lateralus. I was singing along, the guys next to us were singing as well, we were singing to each other, there was a lot of love, man.

Maynard started speaking again, talking about the writer's strike, and how it was a "bummer." He started talking about something else, iono. Then he said thanks for coming out.

Vicarious was awesome. Loved to hear Maynard sing the last line.

The entire show was great. I, too, was hoping for them to end with Aenema, but you know, it was still a good concert. Don't know when the next time they'll be back will be, but I'm glad I saw them this round.

I apologize if this is long, heheh.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 AM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 4

FUCKING GREAT SHOW. I walked out of the Nokia in awe. And to think I almost didn't make it.

First of all, luck was on my side. I didn't get any tickets when they went on-sale, as I relied on my friend to get them, but she unfortunately couldn't, which sucked only cause we had to raise the money slowly, as being gals at the age of 16, heh, we don't receive any income. So we spent the past week hoping that something would pull through (we were NOT gonna spend more than 200 on tickets), and lo and behold, on thursday we found out that we knew someone who knew someone who was selling tickets at face value. After kissing ass, he got 'em for us, and we received em today. They were LOGE seats, but we were like ah, fuck it. At least we're going right?

So we're expecting seats in the back, we ask the ushers where we're seated and they keep telling us to keep going at the end, until finally one of them goes, "oh you're in the VIP section, head forward.' And sure enough, we got luxury seats! We just started laughing because, well, sometimes life is too generous.

Enough about me... just wanted to share that with someone, lol.

Trans Am was cool, I thought they were fun.

So onto Tool:

Jambi was cool. I think Maynard started speaking after the song, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. He said hey to us, and said San Francisco was louder (which...doesn't make sense, as they're playing SF tomorrow :P). He then said something about casting calls.

Stinkfist is always one of my favorites to hear live. Love the extended version. Twas good. Forty Six & 2 was great also. Drum solo is always good.

I will forever love Schism and how they speed it up around the end of the song. Its just so kickass.

Rosetta Stoned is awesome.

FLOOD IS KILLER LIVE. Totally exceeded my expectations. Loved the water visuals. Goddamn, it was amazing! I'm glad I got to hear that song live.

After Flood, I believe there was an intermission and a light-show, sorta. Pretty trippy. They showed that uh, still from the vicarious video, and being the loser that I am, I thought they were going to debut the video, but eh.

Wings/10kd is such a powerful and moving song. And the laser show really adds to the entire experience.

My highlight of the entire night was Lateralus. Its probably my favorite Tool song, so I was really into it, along with the guys next to us. They did that whole drum battle/solo/contest/whatever between Danny and... I didn't catch the other guys name. Lasted for awhile, then Maynard held up the scores: 9 and 8.

We had this moment, during the last verse of Lateralus. I was singing along, the guys next to us were singing as well, we were singing to each other, there was a lot of love, man.

Maynard started speaking again, talking about the writer's strike, and how it was a "bummer." He started talking about something else, iono. Then he said thanks for coming out.

Vicarious was awesome. Loved to hear Maynard sing the last line.

The entire show was great. I, too, was hoping for them to end with Aenema, but you know, it was still a good concert. Don't know when the next time they'll be back will be, but I'm glad I saw them this round.

I apologize if this is long, heheh.
12-11-2007, 01:20 AM

Killer show! I was on the floor on Adam's side. Stinkfist was amazing, it always is. The highlight for me was either Lateralus or 46&2. They rocked so hard tonight and put on a bitchin show.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:20 AM   #15
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

Killer show! I was on the floor on Adam's side. Stinkfist was amazing, it always is. The highlight for me was either Lateralus or 46&2. They rocked so hard tonight and put on a bitchin show.
12-11-2007, 01:22 AM

The good:

I was lucky enough to get into this thing at a reasonable price.

Nokia = best venue ever. The sound for Queens and Tool was stellar both times I've been there.

Everything they played, as usual, was 100% top notch and fantastic. Rosetta, Jambi, and Lateralus were the highlights for me.

The bad:

Tool, jesus, change your fucking setlist already. You've played Southern California 5 times in the past year and a half and have changed out...2 songs the entire time. I don't care that you rely on the lights and have to program everything...let the lights serve you, don't serve the lights, or at least program more than 12songs to last you two years worth of touring. Would it kill you to maybe play "The Grudge" instead of "Schism" or "Eulogy" instead of "46 & 2" once in a while? I know Schism and 46 & 2 rock like nobody's business...but uh, all Tool songs kill in a live setting...

I've seen Queens of the Stone Age that many times and probably got 15 different set changes.

You're one of the best bands in the world. You can try a little harder than playing 95% the same show 200 times in a row. Even the "extended" songs are "extended" the exact same way every time. I know it's cool for the 6,990 out of 7,000 people there who are casual fans and only see you once or twice ever but how do you not get bored playing the same thing every night and being that talented?

That said, I knew what I was getting into when I got the ticket and I'm still grateful for every chance I still get to see them. You never know when it might be the last...

CLICK THAT LINK TO HEAR MY COVER OF "THE GRUDGE"!

Last edited by SterileEyes; 12-11-2007 at 01:44 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 01:22 AM   #16
Level 4 - Thinker

The good:

I was lucky enough to get into this thing at a reasonable price.

Nokia = best venue ever. The sound for Queens and Tool was stellar both times I've been there.

Everything they played, as usual, was 100% top notch and fantastic. Rosetta, Jambi, and Lateralus were the highlights for me.

The bad:

Tool, jesus, change your fucking setlist already. You've played Southern California 5 times in the past year and a half and have changed out...2 songs the entire time. I don't care that you rely on the lights and have to program everything...let the lights serve you, don't serve the lights, or at least program more than 12songs to last you two years worth of touring. Would it kill you to maybe play "The Grudge" instead of "Schism" or "Eulogy" instead of "46 & 2" once in a while? I know Schism and 46 & 2 rock like nobody's business...but uh, all Tool songs kill in a live setting...

I've seen Queens of the Stone Age that many times and probably got 15 different set changes.

You're one of the best bands in the world. You can try a little harder than playing 95% the same show 200 times in a row. Even the "extended" songs are "extended" the exact same way every time. I know it's cool for the 6,990 out of 7,000 people there who are casual fans and only see you once or twice ever but how do you not get bored playing the same thing every night and being that talented?

That said, I knew what I was getting into when I got the ticket and I'm still grateful for every chance I still get to see them. You never know when it might be the last...

CLICK THAT LINK TO HEAR MY COVER OF "THE GRUDGE"!

Last edited by SterileEyes; 12-11-2007 at 01:44 AM..
OFFLINE |  
kaneandy
12-11-2007, 01:30 AM

San Fransisco was louder and we haven't even played there yet!!! LOL

Maynard being Maynard, just got home from the show 1:21Am here as I am in San Diego, anywhoo fucking awesome...
Audio was on spot I could have sworn the entire stage audio go out for a split second in Schism but maybe that was just me....

I rocked out all night dancing in the Half the aisle(sorry for anyone who I blocked but I was mostly staying low...)Lots of people with cameras and there were mics and a video camera set up with the mixing board, I find it hard to belive it was for Tool though cause I saw a lil red light on the camera on during TransAm and it that lil light wasn't on for Tool, I am still hoping it was for Tool though... The Vicarious image was all fucked up during the intermission Adam was back there with Dan to try and fix it somethin worked but then I saw him get up and it went to being the same fuck up again and I saw him raise his shoulders and kinda go O-Well...

Setlist was as follows...

Jambi
Stinkfist(extended) ^_^
46&2
Schism(extended)
(Rosetta Intro) Not lost keys but someting was sick...
Vicarious Jam....
Flood...
Intermission effects...Where the Vicarious image was messing up...
Wings For Marie....
10,000 Days...
Lateralus...(maynard called out the drummer as The guy from Big Business) But we all know it's they guy from TransAm...
Vicarious(full vocals)

The show was awesome I wouldn't have traded it for the world, the venue was awesome, now I see where they spent $2billion to build the whole damn center...And it isn't even done yet...

Another Maynardism, "so this is LA..." And then somewhere along the lines of, "you guys are the fuckers who download our shit for free..."

"Heard bout the writers stirke...Kinda sucks, but I wrote something" went somewhere along the linof him saying this, "it's bout a mom and daughter where they switch body and mind"
I couldn't make out what he was saing cause I was just too into the show...Anywhoo awesome show and awesome sound...
SPIRAL OUT!!!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:30 AM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

San Fransisco was louder and we haven't even played there yet!!! LOL

Maynard being Maynard, just got home from the show 1:21Am here as I am in San Diego, anywhoo fucking awesome...
Audio was on spot I could have sworn the entire stage audio go out for a split second in Schism but maybe that was just me....

I rocked out all night dancing in the Half the aisle(sorry for anyone who I blocked but I was mostly staying low...)Lots of people with cameras and there were mics and a video camera set up with the mixing board, I find it hard to belive it was for Tool though cause I saw a lil red light on the camera on during TransAm and it that lil light wasn't on for Tool, I am still hoping it was for Tool though... The Vicarious image was all fucked up during the intermission Adam was back there with Dan to try and fix it somethin worked but then I saw him get up and it went to being the same fuck up again and I saw him raise his shoulders and kinda go O-Well...

Setlist was as follows...

Jambi
Stinkfist(extended) ^_^
46&2
Schism(extended)
(Rosetta Intro) Not lost keys but someting was sick...
Vicarious Jam....
Flood...
Intermission effects...Where the Vicarious image was messing up...
Wings For Marie....
10,000 Days...
Lateralus...(maynard called out the drummer as The guy from Big Business) But we all know it's they guy from TransAm...
Vicarious(full vocals)

The show was awesome I wouldn't have traded it for the world, the venue was awesome, now I see where they spent $2billion to build the whole damn center...And it isn't even done yet...

Another Maynardism, "so this is LA..." And then somewhere along the lines of, "you guys are the fuckers who download our shit for free..."

"Heard bout the writers stirke...Kinda sucks, but I wrote something" went somewhere along the linof him saying this, "it's bout a mom and daughter where they switch body and mind"
I couldn't make out what he was saing cause I was just too into the show...Anywhoo awesome show and awesome sound...
SPIRAL OUT!!!
OFFLINE |  
Drusilla Deadly's Avatar Drusilla Deadly
12-11-2007, 01:45 AM

Does anyone else feel a total catharsis after seeing them? God it was just amazing.

That LONG interlude right before Wings was INTENSE. Flood was amazing.

The visual aspect of the show was definitely a lot more detailed and doubled since the last time I saw them in September 2006, especially with the screens around the theater.

Oh and Maynard's story about the mom and daughter cracked me up. "...anyway..." and boom Vicarious.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 AM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Does anyone else feel a total catharsis after seeing them? God it was just amazing.

That LONG interlude right before Wings was INTENSE. Flood was amazing.

The visual aspect of the show was definitely a lot more detailed and doubled since the last time I saw them in September 2006, especially with the screens around the theater.

Oh and Maynard's story about the mom and daughter cracked me up. "...anyway..." and boom Vicarious.
12-11-2007, 01:58 AM

Great show! Not much else to say what has already been said.

Danny's drumming literally shook the whole place. I could feel the seats vibrate!

The more I hear Wings/10,000 Days live the more I like those songs

The lights, the lasers, the visuals all left me in amazement.

This was my first Tool show in as many years without my now ungrateful ex-girlfriend. It felt like was seeing Tool as a whole new person. Kind of weird but thats how I felt.

The one bad......
What was with the annoying morons in my aisle that kept going in and out during Tools set. Good god! They leave, come back with beer, leave again, come back with more beer, leave to the bathroom, come back with more beer, leave cause they can't hear their cell phone, come back with more beer.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:58 AM   #19
NIB
Level 3 - Talker

Great show! Not much else to say what has already been said.

Danny's drumming literally shook the whole place. I could feel the seats vibrate!

The more I hear Wings/10,000 Days live the more I like those songs

The lights, the lasers, the visuals all left me in amazement.

This was my first Tool show in as many years without my now ungrateful ex-girlfriend. It felt like was seeing Tool as a whole new person. Kind of weird but thats how I felt.

The one bad......
What was with the annoying morons in my aisle that kept going in and out during Tools set. Good god! They leave, come back with beer, leave again, come back with more beer, leave to the bathroom, come back with more beer, leave cause they can't hear their cell phone, come back with more beer.
OFFLINE |  
gabis
12-11-2007, 02:07 AM

The Maynard Speak:

"San Fransisco was louder, and we don't play there til tomorrow. You must be tired from all your casting calls, and such."

"So I hear theres a writers strike, thats a bummer. I wrote something, though, if anyone is interested. Its about this mother and daughter, and they switch brains or something. So then the mom like, has to go to school and... yeah. Anyway..."

My 10th show, and definitely the best show visually yet. The lasers, the whole alien abduction feel interlude... made me long for a couple doses. Overall, the sound was excellent. There were a couple of minor hiccups which seemed to come from an over abundance of bass, but nothing too noticeable. Adam also seemed to have a little trouble here and there. A couple things seemed to be technical in nature, but he missed a couple of pauses and hopped in late a couple times. But thats just me nit-picking.

It was, as always, an amazing musical adventure. I had the luck of bringing a long time friend, and tool virgin, who had an amazing time with his new lady friend. The look in his eyes after the show really brought me back to the amazement I felt my first show. Fucking awesome.

As the others have mentioned, the venue is AWESOME. Very, very impressed. We were in the Loge, second row on Adams side. Had an excellent view of the light show, and was still plenty able to see the band rock out.

Can't wait for Vegas on Friday!!!

Last edited by gabis; 12-11-2007 at 02:09 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 02:07 AM   #20
Level 4 - Thinker

The Maynard Speak:

"San Fransisco was louder, and we don't play there til tomorrow. You must be tired from all your casting calls, and such."

"So I hear theres a writers strike, thats a bummer. I wrote something, though, if anyone is interested. Its about this mother and daughter, and they switch brains or something. So then the mom like, has to go to school and... yeah. Anyway..."

My 10th show, and definitely the best show visually yet. The lasers, the whole alien abduction feel interlude... made me long for a couple doses. Overall, the sound was excellent. There were a couple of minor hiccups which seemed to come from an over abundance of bass, but nothing too noticeable. Adam also seemed to have a little trouble here and there. A couple things seemed to be technical in nature, but he missed a couple of pauses and hopped in late a couple times. But thats just me nit-picking.

It was, as always, an amazing musical adventure. I had the luck of bringing a long time friend, and tool virgin, who had an amazing time with his new lady friend. The look in his eyes after the show really brought me back to the amazement I felt my first show. Fucking awesome.

As the others have mentioned, the venue is AWESOME. Very, very impressed. We were in the Loge, second row on Adams side. Had an excellent view of the light show, and was still plenty able to see the band rock out.

Can't wait for Vegas on Friday!!!

Last edited by gabis; 12-11-2007 at 02:09 AM..
OFFLINE |  
NIB
12-11-2007, 02:38 AM

BTW.....Does anyone else think they looked like they were gonna play one more song after Vicarious?

After they finished playing Vicarious, Adam kept his guitar on and still had his pick in hand and looked like he was ready to play the next song. After a couple of minutes he turned to Maynard and said something to him. Maynard said something back and thats when he finally took off the guitar.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:38 AM   #21
NIB
Level 3 - Talker

BTW.....Does anyone else think they looked like they were gonna play one more song after Vicarious?

After they finished playing Vicarious, Adam kept his guitar on and still had his pick in hand and looked like he was ready to play the next song. After a couple of minutes he turned to Maynard and said something to him. Maynard said something back and thats when he finally took off the guitar.
OFFLINE |  
dabouleyboo
12-11-2007, 02:49 AM

8TH Show

The Good:

Great Show. Band was awesome. Maynard's tone was great. Don't know if it was the venue, but the vocals could have been turned up a notch. Live extended "mid-sections" for Stinkfist and Schism are bad-ass! Danny's a machine! It's a monster of a production. Really cool! Although . . . they are getting dangerously close to all the extra "stuff" being a distraction rather than a compliment to the music. They probably could have added at least one more song if they had cut a little bit out of all the 'trippy' stuff in between songs too. Some is cool, but too much? You decide. Lateralus and Vicarious are great songs to end the show on. Would liked to have seen Right In Two - for those of you who have never seen it live, pray that you get to some day. All in all, another great showing by the best live band of our day.

The Bad (and unfortunately what I'll remember most about tonight):

The fucking people! To reiterate what Sonnyboy above said, there are always some jack-asses willing to ruin it for everyone. But tonight was worse. I am seriously considering never going to a concert again - I can't take it anymore! There is no fucking respect or consideration for others anymore. And people are just getting worse!

. . . So. I had this group of like 10 or 12 cholo-fuckin'-might-as-well-be-gangbangin'-meathead-motherfuckers behind me at the top of the Orchestra section. Loud and belligerent as hell! Chain drinking the whole show and only getting louder as the show went on. Seriously, why go to a goddamn concert just to hang out with friends so you can talk about your meaningless lives and God knows what over the music??! No, I don't give a shit why she's mad at you, or who broke up with who, or why your job sucks, or how much you drank last night. Shut the fuck up and watch the show!!!

. . . So. I tried my best, I really did. But I snapped. When 'Wings' started and some dude and his whiny-ass bitch were, I shit you not, were flirting with eachother and kept getting louder so they could talk over the music, I lost it. I guess that song is quieter and starts off slower so it must not be that important (Jesus, could that be further from the truth?) and makes for an opportune time to say whatever the hell you want to talk about and completely ignore the fact that others around you have to listen to your own intolerable voice.

. . . So. I turned around to see of the 10 or so, there are about 6-7 guys. Probably all at least my size or bigger, but I didn't care at this point. I say, "Hey! . . . Hey!" Then a couple of them look at me. Them: "What dude" Me: "Shut up. Be quiet." Them: "What did you say dude?!" Me: "Shut the fuck up! No seriously. All of you (now they're all looking at me) . . . All of you shut the fuck up and watch the goddamn show!" To which several people in my row say Amen! Thank you! Someone finally said something! But now, I've just instigated them.

. . . So. I'm met with inevitable, "Whatchu say holmes?! You gotta problem? You wanna step outside?" Me: "Yeah, I do have a problem. No one around you can concentrate on the show. Have some freaking courtesy!" Then a few of them lean over like they're going to throw a punch. Cool! That's the solution! Straight to "Let's fight!" No dialogue. No, "Sorry man, we'll try to be more quiet." Or, "Sorry everyone that we're such Assholes." Nope. It's, "I'm gonna kick your ass!" At that point, I seriously thought that it wouldn't be such a bad thing if one of these guys threw a punch. I would have been outnumbered, but I would have been happy to land a few shots on some of them before getting my ass kicked.

. . . So. I basically told them to have some courtesy and quit being assholes, and then tried to turn around and get back into the show which didn't really happen at that point. They (mostly the whiny chick mentioned above) kept making comments to me like, "It's a concert. It's a Tool concert (they obviously don't know much about the band). People yell. Who gives a shit? Oh, some people don't like others to have fun." (Again, it wasn't the yelling or cheering. It was all the other stupid shit). And then my personal favorite from one of the cholo-meatheads, "Hey dude. I paid good money for these seats too. We should be able to do what we want. We can be loud if we want." Awesome! So if I buy a movie ticket, I should be able to rest my balls on the forehead of the guy in front of me if I so feel. Good to know. After all, I paid to be there.

. . . So. My experience pretty much blew. And this is becoming a common thing. Whether it's Tool or someone like Dave Matthews or even a movie theater, people suck! I'm sick of shelling out hundreds of dollars for a decent seat only to have it ruined by Dipshit and the Seven Douchebags. I'd rather be in a mosh pit (not really). At least then I don't have to hear nails on a chalkboard.

In closing . . . Sorry for the bummer account. I wish there could be shows for true fans and respectful people. Maybe Tool can start doing a "public service announcement" before each show. Just a thought. It would probably be to no avail.

. . . until then.

Last edited by dabouleyboo; 12-11-2007 at 03:05 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 02:49 AM   #22
Level 2 - Poster

8TH Show

The Good:

Great Show. Band was awesome. Maynard's tone was great. Don't know if it was the venue, but the vocals could have been turned up a notch. Live extended "mid-sections" for Stinkfist and Schism are bad-ass! Danny's a machine! It's a monster of a production. Really cool! Although . . . they are getting dangerously close to all the extra "stuff" being a distraction rather than a compliment to the music. They probably could have added at least one more song if they had cut a little bit out of all the 'trippy' stuff in between songs too. Some is cool, but too much? You decide. Lateralus and Vicarious are great songs to end the show on. Would liked to have seen Right In Two - for those of you who have never seen it live, pray that you get to some day. All in all, another great showing by the best live band of our day.

The Bad (and unfortunately what I'll remember most about tonight):

The fucking people! To reiterate what Sonnyboy above said, there are always some jack-asses willing to ruin it for everyone. But tonight was worse. I am seriously considering never going to a concert again - I can't take it anymore! There is no fucking respect or consideration for others anymore. And people are just getting worse!

. . . So. I had this group of like 10 or 12 cholo-fuckin'-might-as-well-be-gangbangin'-meathead-motherfuckers behind me at the top of the Orchestra section. Loud and belligerent as hell! Chain drinking the whole show and only getting louder as the show went on. Seriously, why go to a goddamn concert just to hang out with friends so you can talk about your meaningless lives and God knows what over the music??! No, I don't give a shit why she's mad at you, or who broke up with who, or why your job sucks, or how much you drank last night. Shut the fuck up and watch the show!!!

. . . So. I tried my best, I really did. But I snapped. When 'Wings' started and some dude and his whiny-ass bitch were, I shit you not, were flirting with eachother and kept getting louder so they could talk over the music, I lost it. I guess that song is quieter and starts off slower so it must not be that important (Jesus, could that be further from the truth?) and makes for an opportune time to say whatever the hell you want to talk about and completely ignore the fact that others around you have to listen to your own intolerable voice.

. . . So. I turned around to see of the 10 or so, there are about 6-7 guys. Probably all at least my size or bigger, but I didn't care at this point. I say, "Hey! . . . Hey!" Then a couple of them look at me. Them: "What dude" Me: "Shut up. Be quiet." Them: "What did you say dude?!" Me: "Shut the fuck up! No seriously. All of you (now they're all looking at me) . . . All of you shut the fuck up and watch the goddamn show!" To which several people in my row say Amen! Thank you! Someone finally said something! But now, I've just instigated them.

. . . So. I'm met with inevitable, "Whatchu say holmes?! You gotta problem? You wanna step outside?" Me: "Yeah, I do have a problem. No one around you can concentrate on the show. Have some freaking courtesy!" Then a few of them lean over like they're going to throw a punch. Cool! That's the solution! Straight to "Let's fight!" No dialogue. No, "Sorry man, we'll try to be more quiet." Or, "Sorry everyone that we're such Assholes." Nope. It's, "I'm gonna kick your ass!" At that point, I seriously thought that it wouldn't be such a bad thing if one of these guys threw a punch. I would have been outnumbered, but I would have been happy to land a few shots on some of them before getting my ass kicked.

. . . So. I basically told them to have some courtesy and quit being assholes, and then tried to turn around and get back into the show which didn't really happen at that point. They (mostly the whiny chick mentioned above) kept making comments to me like, "It's a concert. It's a Tool concert (they obviously don't know much about the band). People yell. Who gives a shit? Oh, some people don't like others to have fun." (Again, it wasn't the yelling or cheering. It was all the other stupid shit). And then my personal favorite from one of the cholo-meatheads, "Hey dude. I paid good money for these seats too. We should be able to do what we want. We can be loud if we want." Awesome! So if I buy a movie ticket, I should be able to rest my balls on the forehead of the guy in front of me if I so feel. Good to know. After all, I paid to be there.

. . . So. My experience pretty much blew. And this is becoming a common thing. Whether it's Tool or someone like Dave Matthews or even a movie theater, people suck! I'm sick of shelling out hundreds of dollars for a decent seat only to have it ruined by Dipshit and the Seven Douchebags. I'd rather be in a mosh pit (not really). At least then I don't have to hear nails on a chalkboard.

In closing . . . Sorry for the bummer account. I wish there could be shows for true fans and respectful people. Maybe Tool can start doing a "public service announcement" before each show. Just a thought. It would probably be to no avail.

. . . until then.

Last edited by dabouleyboo; 12-11-2007 at 03:05 AM..
OFFLINE |  
junior
12-11-2007, 03:33 AM

The guest drummer on "Lateralus" was indeed Coady from Big Business / The Melvins.
Sebastian from Trans Am did not play on that song tonight.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:33 AM   #23
Level 8 - Vociferous

The guest drummer on "Lateralus" was indeed Coady from Big Business / The Melvins.
Sebastian from Trans Am did not play on that song tonight.
OFFLINE |  
MFF0RD6
12-11-2007, 08:35 AM

i don't think justin drank his usual 4 beers during lateralus jam

maynard's comment afterward was funny but i don't want to get banned for posting it (now that was some duelling drum ********)

was way over on the right wall - view was great and the sound was suprisingly decent. last night was my first time at the venue and i am appalled by the choice to leave the ceiling exposed, it looks like the kid sister of staples center with hideous ventilation ducts. i was hoping it would be more of a traditional theatre look (kodak theatre) but no luck.

Tool are seriously the greatest band out there and they are taking live performance beyond the standard concept of what a concert is nowadays. i consider myself lucky and am extremely appreciative to be able to see multiple shows on this tour (Vegas #2). THANK YOU TOOL!

did anyone see if there were special adam drawn designs last night, i bought one of the posters but did not see any other versions.

Last edited by MFF0RD6; 12-11-2007 at 08:42 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 08:35 AM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

i don't think justin drank his usual 4 beers during lateralus jam

maynard's comment afterward was funny but i don't want to get banned for posting it (now that was some duelling drum ********)

was way over on the right wall - view was great and the sound was suprisingly decent. last night was my first time at the venue and i am appalled by the choice to leave the ceiling exposed, it looks like the kid sister of staples center with hideous ventilation ducts. i was hoping it would be more of a traditional theatre look (kodak theatre) but no luck.

Tool are seriously the greatest band out there and they are taking live performance beyond the standard concept of what a concert is nowadays. i consider myself lucky and am extremely appreciative to be able to see multiple shows on this tour (Vegas #2). THANK YOU TOOL!

did anyone see if there were special adam drawn designs last night, i bought one of the posters but did not see any other versions.

Last edited by MFF0RD6; 12-11-2007 at 08:42 AM..
OFFLINE |  
dabouleyboo
12-11-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swall View Post
someone from your section should have commented along with you - to show you were not the only one they were annoying. I wonder why no one stuck up for/with you, unless......
C'mon man. Intimidation. Isn't it pretty obvious? Nobody wanted to say anything to a big group of thugs, especially if you saw the people in my row - mostly girls with their skinny boyfriends. People shouted 'Thank you' to me and clapped when I said something, but were not going say anything directly to the instigators for fear of physical retaliation. All I did was say what EVERYONE was thinking . . .

Your status says 'Thinker'. Would I really be posting on this forum if I'm the type of guy who goes to Tool shows looking for a fight? That's stupid.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:56 AM   #25
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by swall View Post
someone from your section should have commented along with you - to show you were not the only one they were annoying. I wonder why no one stuck up for/with you, unless......
C'mon man. Intimidation. Isn't it pretty obvious? Nobody wanted to say anything to a big group of thugs, especially if you saw the people in my row - mostly girls with their skinny boyfriends. People shouted 'Thank you' to me and clapped when I said something, but were not going say anything directly to the instigators for fear of physical retaliation. All I did was say what EVERYONE was thinking . . .

Your status says 'Thinker'. Would I really be posting on this forum if I'm the type of guy who goes to Tool shows looking for a fight? That's stupid.
OFFLINE |  
jex
12-11-2007, 08:58 AM

Great show, as all have said. Highlight for me was the drumming in Lateralus (although with two drummers that would have been a great opportunity for Disposition/Reflection, like they did with Meshugguh). Only real downer was the mix; we were in the second row of the mezzanine and could hardly make out Maynard's vocals. Danny is a thundering monster, though! I know I'm in the minority but I'm not really a fan of Flood although it's always nice to hear something different (in that vein I can relate to SterileEyes' comment above). Nokia is nice but it has the feeling of a big barn. Great show, though. The graphics and lighting are amazing!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:58 AM   #26
jex
Level 1 - Lurker

Great show, as all have said. Highlight for me was the drumming in Lateralus (although with two drummers that would have been a great opportunity for Disposition/Reflection, like they did with Meshugguh). Only real downer was the mix; we were in the second row of the mezzanine and could hardly make out Maynard's vocals. Danny is a thundering monster, though! I know I'm in the minority but I'm not really a fan of Flood although it's always nice to hear something different (in that vein I can relate to SterileEyes' comment above). Nokia is nice but it has the feeling of a big barn. Great show, though. The graphics and lighting are amazing!
OFFLINE |  
taxicabgod's Avatar taxicabgod
12-11-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFF0RD6 View Post

maynards comment after the drum 'duel' was something like 'now that was some awesome drum faggotry' ;-) which got a hearty laugh.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:02 AM   #27
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

maynards comment after the drum 'duel' was something like 'now that was some awesome drum faggotry' ;-) which got a hearty laugh.
OFFLINE |  
12-11-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Also, when the (edit- BIG BUSINESS drummer Coady) took the stage during Lateralus, Maynard walked to the edge of his riser, stared at the guy, and flipped him off! Then he kind of shrugged and walked back to his riser. lawl

Great reading all these reviews!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 12-11-2007 at 09:11 AM..
Old 12-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Also, when the (edit- BIG BUSINESS drummer Coady) took the stage during Lateralus, Maynard walked to the edge of his riser, stared at the guy, and flipped him off! Then he kind of shrugged and walked back to his riser. lawl

Great reading all these reviews!

Last edited by sonnyboy11; 12-11-2007 at 09:11 AM..
OFFLINE |  
bruins12
12-11-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouleyboo View Post

Your show is screwed if you say something and screwed if you don't. I've done both. Better to just sneak up closer or even move back. Although having the surrounding crowd beat their ass would be best.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:12 AM   #29
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabouleyboo View Post

Your show is screwed if you say something and screwed if you don't. I've done both. Better to just sneak up closer or even move back. Although having the surrounding crowd beat their ass would be best.
OFFLINE |  
NAD's Avatar NAD
12-11-2007, 09:55 AM

I hate assholes who blab throughout an entire show. Two times I confronted people, once at Jerry Cantrell and the broad said something like "SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL PROBLEM!!!" when I asked her (politely) to not talk over the music. Then her friends took her outside to the patio, hooray. Another time at a Tool show some years back the two dudes apologized and then kept relatively quiet. Sweet. Anyhow.

Great show, that was my 10th Tool concert since 1995. Wings for Marie never sounded better, the "drumming faggotry" with Coady was intense, and Flood was killer. What has pissed me off about Wings is that a lot of people in the crowd don't seem to grasp what the song is about, but last night it seemed like a respectful response which was a welcome change. One show Maynard said of that song (paraphrasing): "nothing like a song about some guy's dead mother to make me drink beer and holler." Nokia Theatre was a decent place, although The Hallway of Cells was laughable. MOICHENDISING!

I was hoping for ÆNEMA but that's okay, I've seen that one in LA plenty of times I suppose. Flood made my night.
Old 12-11-2007, 09:55 AM   #30
NAD
Level 3 - Talker

I hate assholes who blab throughout an entire show. Two times I confronted people, once at Jerry Cantrell and the broad said something like "SOUNDS LIKE A PERSONAL PROBLEM!!!" when I asked her (politely) to not talk over the music. Then her friends took her outside to the patio, hooray. Another time at a Tool show some years back the two dudes apologized and then kept relatively quiet. Sweet. Anyhow.

Great show, that was my 10th Tool concert since 1995. Wings for Marie never sounded better, the "drumming faggotry" with Coady was intense, and Flood was killer. What has pissed me off about Wings is that a lot of people in the crowd don't seem to grasp what the song is about, but last night it seemed like a respectful response which was a welcome change. One show Maynard said of that song (paraphrasing): "nothing like a song about some guy's dead mother to make me drink beer and holler." Nokia Theatre was a decent place, although The Hallway of Cells was laughable. MOICHENDISING!

I was hoping for ÆNEMA but that's okay, I've seen that one in LA plenty of times I suppose. Flood made my night.
12-11-2007, 11:35 AM

If this post sounds negative, then I apologize in advance. The simple fact is that we don’t live in a world full of lollipops, bunny rabbits and daisies. We live in a free world that is being lead by George Bush.

This is my 6th Tool concert, dating back to 1997. To mix things up, let’s start with the bad, and it’s really only one thing. The band was dog fucking tired. Whoever is in charge of their tour schedule needs to be fired, Donald Trump style. Washington, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Los Angeles, and then San Fran? The retarded guy from the McDonalds commercial thinks that is stupid. Two shows in Vegas, but one show in a small venue in LA, their hometown? At best I was hoping that the power of economic forces would weed out the trash, but apparently that didn’t happen (although my neighbors in Orchestra row H were probably TOO mellow, if anything).

Justin spent most of the show was sitting on his sub-woofer. In concerts past dude was in full gold body paint kicking it in a speedo, with more energy than the energizer bunny. These guys were exhausted, and it showed. Not really their fault, but when most people are paying 3x face, then create a manageable tour schedule so they can at least bring their “A” game to their home town. Danny was the only one who brought any real vibe, thundering away at the skins rocking his Clippers jersey.

Now the good. Venue was fucking spectacular…a much needed step-up from the lousy Staples Center experience. The visuals were all that I hoped they would be. Jambi shredded as expected, although I think there were some unanticipated echoes from the squawk box that threw the band off a bit. Forgivable considering it’s a brand new venue and they probably had little time to rehearse thanks to the aforementioned death march of a tour schedule.

Lateralus is a musical masterpiece that Mozart himself would give the nod, and they played it to perfection. Rosetta Stoned was awesome both musically and visually, although the stiffs in my section didn’t seem share my enthusiasm. Maybe that was just me. I would have liked to hear “The Pot” and “Aenima”, but nobody can expect a custom made set list. The bottom line is that Vicarious blew the fucking doors off the new Nokia arena. Maynard brought the house on the lyrics, and the rhythm section called down the thunder that closed out the concert with a bang.

Like I’ve said in posts past, a Tool concert is always a relative degree of musical and visual ecstasy. Like blowjobs and pizza, it is never really bad, but instead always a pleasure and I feel lucky to have had the experience. I only hope that they keep it together and bring us more. Thanks for reading.

-GKW
Old 12-11-2007, 11:35 AM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

If this post sounds negative, then I apologize in advance. The simple fact is that we don’t live in a world full of lollipops, bunny rabbits and daisies. We live in a free world that is being lead by George Bush.

This is my 6th Tool concert, dating back to 1997. To mix things up, let’s start with the bad, and it’s really only one thing. The band was dog fucking tired. Whoever is in charge of their tour schedule needs to be fired, Donald Trump style. Washington, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Los Angeles, and then San Fran? The retarded guy from the McDonalds commercial thinks that is stupid. Two shows in Vegas, but one show in a small venue in LA, their hometown? At best I was hoping that the power of economic forces would weed out the trash, but apparently that didn’t happen (although my neighbors in Orchestra row H were probably TOO mellow, if anything).

Justin spent most of the show was sitting on his sub-woofer. In concerts past dude was in full gold body paint kicking it in a speedo, with more energy than the energizer bunny. These guys were exhausted, and it showed. Not really their fault, but when most people are paying 3x face, then create a manageable tour schedule so they can at least bring their “A” game to their home town. Danny was the only one who brought any real vibe, thundering away at the skins rocking his Clippers jersey.

Now the good. Venue was fucking spectacular…a much needed step-up from the lousy Staples Center experience. The visuals were all that I hoped they would be. Jambi shredded as expected, although I think there were some unanticipated echoes from the squawk box that threw the band off a bit. Forgivable considering it’s a brand new venue and they probably had little time to rehearse thanks to the aforementioned death march of a tour schedule.

Lateralus is a musical masterpiece that Mozart himself would give the nod, and they played it to perfection. Rosetta Stoned was awesome both musically and visually, although the stiffs in my section didn’t seem share my enthusiasm. Maybe that was just me. I would have liked to hear “The Pot” and “Aenima”, but nobody can expect a custom made set list. The bottom line is that Vicarious blew the fucking doors off the new Nokia arena. Maynard brought the house on the lyrics, and the rhythm section called down the thunder that closed out the concert with a bang.

Like I’ve said in posts past, a Tool concert is always a relative degree of musical and visual ecstasy. Like blowjobs and pizza, it is never really bad, but instead always a pleasure and I feel lucky to have had the experience. I only hope that they keep it together and bring us more. Thanks for reading.

-GKW
OFFLINE |  
Sliman1
12-11-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadropheniac View Post
It was actually a doughnut. HUGE difference. A sandwich says, "I skipped dinner, don't mind me." While a doughnut says, "I'm ready to rock and I enjoy baked goods!"

Anyways, it was a great show. It was my 4th time seeing them during the different legs of the 10,000 Days tour. The drum off in Lateralus was with Coady from Big Business, not with Trans Am's drummer. Coady was really holding his own up against Danny in the drum-off. That might have been the most memorable part of the concert for me.

Highlights:

Lateralus
10,000 Days (Better and better each time I see it)
Flood (Fucking heavy!)

Maynard seemed to really be into it. The crowd was surprisingly respectful as I did not see a lot of camera flashes. Though the metal detectors at the doors may have had something to do with it.

The videos playing throughout the songs got fucked up a lot. Then again... who really cares?

The intermission was intense and surreal. The lighting was mesmerizing. Orgy of the senses.

The venue was awesome (Section K orchestra). Acoustics were right on, though I wish I could've heard Justin better during Rosetta Stoned.

My minuscule gripes:
-Same setlist. It's been said over and over again so I won't elaborate except for the fact that Schism (over played) and Rosetta Stoned (boring until 7 minutes in) need to take a hike.
-I hate "fans" that show up to get drunk and yell (especially during Wings).
-It also looked to me that they were going to go into another song after Vicarious. Everyone on stage stood/sat still until the house lights came on. Disappointing but nothing that could ruin my Tool experience.
-Lateralus should be the "Closer." The energy after Lateralus was unmatched at any other point during the show.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:23 PM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadropheniac View Post
It was actually a doughnut. HUGE difference. A sandwich says, "I skipped dinner, don't mind me." While a doughnut says, "I'm ready to rock and I enjoy baked goods!"

Anyways, it was a great show. It was my 4th time seeing them during the different legs of the 10,000 Days tour. The drum off in Lateralus was with Coady from Big Business, not with Trans Am's drummer. Coady was really holding his own up against Danny in the drum-off. That might have been the most memorable part of the concert for me.

Highlights:

Lateralus
10,000 Days (Better and better each time I see it)
Flood (Fucking heavy!)

Maynard seemed to really be into it. The crowd was surprisingly respectful as I did not see a lot of camera flashes. Though the metal detectors at the doors may have had something to do with it.

The videos playing throughout the songs got fucked up a lot. Then again... who really cares?

The intermission was intense and surreal. The lighting was mesmerizing. Orgy of the senses.

The venue was awesome (Section K orchestra). Acoustics were right on, though I wish I could've heard Justin better during Rosetta Stoned.

My minuscule gripes:
-Same setlist. It's been said over and over again so I won't elaborate except for the fact that Schism (over played) and Rosetta Stoned (boring until 7 minutes in) need to take a hike.
-I hate "fans" that show up to get drunk and yell (especially during Wings).
-It also looked to me that they were going to go into another song after Vicarious. Everyone on stage stood/sat still until the house lights came on. Disappointing but nothing that could ruin my Tool experience.
-Lateralus should be the "Closer." The energy after Lateralus was unmatched at any other point during the show.
OFFLINE |  
hi8is's Avatar hi8is
12-11-2007, 12:29 PM

was it just me or was the sound a little quiet? and dannys toms seemed to me low in the mix.

i was in the loge section row C.... seat 420..... im guessing it sounded better else where in the venue.

it was my 13th show and i wasnt very pleased with it....flood was the shit. i was all about it =) everything else was just OK. dont know exactly why.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:29 PM   #33
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

was it just me or was the sound a little quiet? and dannys toms seemed to me low in the mix.

i was in the loge section row C.... seat 420..... im guessing it sounded better else where in the venue.

it was my 13th show and i wasnt very pleased with it....flood was the shit. i was all about it =) everything else was just OK. dont know exactly why.
12-11-2007, 12:56 PM

I agree with the criticisms of the person above. My third Tool show, Justin is usually going insane, and did seem tired. Was it just me or did Adam fuck up not once but twice in Lateralus? Maynard though was more enthusiastic and talkative than other times I've seen them, which was nice. The comment about SF was (paraphrase) "San Francisco is louder than you guys, and we haven't even played there yet"

Since it was the hometown show I was hoping for a surprise - either a switch to Aenema for the closer or the debut of the Vicarious video. Oh well

The visuals and lasers were KILLER...especially during Rosetta Stoned and Wings. Highlights of the night were RS, Wings, and Flood.

Maybe its just bad luck, but two out of the now three Tool shows I've seen seem to be filled with some real fvckin tards, d-bags, and just plain pr|cks. I wanted to punch the idiots to my brother's right who probably got up to leave 10 or 12 times to go get beer or piss. The other show was at Street Scene, and anyone at the front for that show knows what I'm talking about. I expect the Bay Area crowd to be much better tonight.

NOKIA Live - parking was easy, and the place is all shiny and fancy. Sound was superb. It did feel a little cavernous though, and I agree they should not have left the ceiling exposed.

Good time on the whole though, was worth the trip from Berkeley. Oh and I think I saw Lumberg from Office Space at the show.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #34
Level 4 - Thinker

I agree with the criticisms of the person above. My third Tool show, Justin is usually going insane, and did seem tired. Was it just me or did Adam fuck up not once but twice in Lateralus? Maynard though was more enthusiastic and talkative than other times I've seen them, which was nice. The comment about SF was (paraphrase) "San Francisco is louder than you guys, and we haven't even played there yet"

Since it was the hometown show I was hoping for a surprise - either a switch to Aenema for the closer or the debut of the Vicarious video. Oh well

The visuals and lasers were KILLER...especially during Rosetta Stoned and Wings. Highlights of the night were RS, Wings, and Flood.

Maybe its just bad luck, but two out of the now three Tool shows I've seen seem to be filled with some real fvckin tards, d-bags, and just plain pr|cks. I wanted to punch the idiots to my brother's right who probably got up to leave 10 or 12 times to go get beer or piss. The other show was at Street Scene, and anyone at the front for that show knows what I'm talking about. I expect the Bay Area crowd to be much better tonight.

NOKIA Live - parking was easy, and the place is all shiny and fancy. Sound was superb. It did feel a little cavernous though, and I agree they should not have left the ceiling exposed.

Good time on the whole though, was worth the trip from Berkeley. Oh and I think I saw Lumberg from Office Space at the show.
OFFLINE |  
gabis
12-11-2007, 01:07 PM

Adam did, indeed, fuck up twice on Lateralus. Like I mentioned in my mini-review, he actually messed up probably five or six times throughout the show. I'm sure this had everything to do with how tired they were, and it didn't effect the show in any way. No one I went to the show with (7 others) even had a clue he had messed up aside from my other guitarist buddy.

Despite my minor gripes, after reading other peoples reviews I feel lucky to have been sitting where I was. Everyone around us was talking about ToolArmy(I even tossed out a few mentions for the Tool Navy =) ), knew all the lyircs.. all the pauses. The energy in my section was off the wall. Granted I was in the second row of our section, but I didn't see anyone around us leave during the set at all.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:07 PM   #35
Level 4 - Thinker

Adam did, indeed, fuck up twice on Lateralus. Like I mentioned in my mini-review, he actually messed up probably five or six times throughout the show. I'm sure this had everything to do with how tired they were, and it didn't effect the show in any way. No one I went to the show with (7 others) even had a clue he had messed up aside from my other guitarist buddy.

Despite my minor gripes, after reading other peoples reviews I feel lucky to have been sitting where I was. Everyone around us was talking about ToolArmy(I even tossed out a few mentions for the Tool Navy =) ), knew all the lyircs.. all the pauses. The energy in my section was off the wall. Granted I was in the second row of our section, but I didn't see anyone around us leave during the set at all.
12-11-2007, 01:47 PM

Amazing show. The energy last night was unlike the other two I've been to this tour. It was incredible.

Maynard seemed to be very into it, and was pleased with the crowd. "Thank you all for being so pleasant." And most people around us were pleasant. Though, the couple kind of in front of us ((like someone else had said about the people in their row)) kept getting up over and over and over. There was also a drunk moron sitting in the row in front of us, a few seats to the right, who would clap along. Not a big deal, besides the fact that his clapping was one of those super loud, annoying, shut-the-fuck-up type claps...not to mention that he looked mentally challenged when he did it. I yelled at the same guy to shut the fuck up during Wings. Be respectful, damnit. There were several people around us who had brought in some weed, and it was a definite smell in the area. The two guys in front of us, over a seat or two, were trying to be sneaky about smoking their pipe, ha.

Anyways, the extended versions were great, and it was definitely nice hearing the full vocals from Maynard at the end of Vicarious. Lateralus, always a treat ((and once again, Coady did a wonderful job next to Danny)). Schism really hit the spot, and the sped up version was, again, quite incredible. Wings/10000 Days, always moving. Hell, everything was great.

The visuals this time seemed much more involved. They were definitely spectacular. The lasers were right on, and it gave such a great ambiance. I have to say that sitting up higher was a good choice. Had we been sitting on the floor, we wouldn't have been able to see the great lights show as well. It was pretty damn amazing.

First time I've been to the Nokia Live theater, and I was very pleased. It looks good and sounds good. I have to agree with whoever said something about the "hallway of cells"...that was pretty weird. Great venue, though. Definitely wouldn't mind going back there sometime.

Did anyone else get a camera in? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post

YES! They stood around much longer, and we were anticipating a little something extra. Sadly, not the case.

Quote:
i am appalled by the choice to leave the ceiling exposed, it looks like the kid sister of staples center with hideous ventilation ducts. i was hoping it would be more of a traditional theatre look (kodak theatre) but no luck.
I don't think the venue is quite done yet. Maybe that's something they'll deal with later.

+1 Eoafa. end thread/ -Kelly

Last edited by EyesOfAFallenAngel; 12-11-2007 at 01:52 PM..
Old 12-11-2007, 01:47 PM   #36
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3227

Amazing show. The energy last night was unlike the other two I've been to this tour. It was incredible.

Maynard seemed to be very into it, and was pleased with the crowd. "Thank you all for being so pleasant." And most people around us were pleasant. Though, the couple kind of in front of us ((like someone else had said about the people in their row)) kept getting up over and over and over. There was also a drunk moron sitting in the row in front of us, a few seats to the right, who would clap along. Not a big deal, besides the fact that his clapping was one of those super loud, annoying, shut-the-fuck-up type claps...not to mention that he looked mentally challenged when he did it. I yelled at the same guy to shut the fuck up during Wings. Be respectful, damnit. There were several people around us who had brought in some weed, and it was a definite smell in the area. The two guys in front of us, over a seat or two, were trying to be sneaky about smoking their pipe, ha.

Anyways, the extended versions were great, and it was definitely nice hearing the full vocals from Maynard at the end of Vicarious. Lateralus, always a treat ((and once again, Coady did a wonderful job next to Danny)). Schism really hit the spot, and the sped up version was, again, quite incredible. Wings/10000 Days, always moving. Hell, everything was great.

The visuals this time seemed much more involved. They were definitely spectacular. The lasers were right on, and it gave such a great ambiance. I have to say that sitting up higher was a good choice. Had we been sitting on the floor, we wouldn't have been able to see the great lights show as well. It was pretty damn amazing.

First time I've been to the Nokia Live theater, and I was very pleased. It looks good and sounds good. I have to agree with whoever said something about the "hallway of cells"...that was pretty weird. Great venue, though. Definitely wouldn't mind going back there sometime.

Did anyone else get a camera in? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIB View Post

YES! They stood around much longer, and we were anticipating a little something extra. Sadly, not the case.

Quote:
i am appalled by the choice to leave the ceiling exposed, it looks like the kid sister of staples center with hideous ventilation ducts. i was hoping it would be more of a traditional theatre look (kodak theatre) but no luck.
I don't think the venue is quite done yet. Maybe that's something they'll deal with later.

+1 Eoafa. end thread/ -Kelly

Last edited by EyesOfAFallenAngel; 12-11-2007 at 01:52 PM..
OFFLINE |  
limitlesss
12-11-2007, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOfAFallenAngel View Post
There was also a drunk moron sitting in the row in front of us, a few seats to the right, who would clap along. Not a big deal, besides the fact that his clapping was one of those super loud, annoying, shut-the-fuck-up type claps...not to mention that he looked mentally challenged when he did it. I yelled at the same guy to shut the fuck up during Wings.
Ya, I had a similar guy that came in next to me after 46&2 that just stood there and clapped non stop during the whole intermission before wings and for the first part of wings. Looked like a fucking robot when he was clapping. I saw everyone in my area kept turning around and looking at him probably wanting to say stfu but no one did. I finally nudged him a few times then he didnt get the point so I had to tell him. Overall it was a good show and Flood was awesome.
Old 12-11-2007, 03:04 PM   #37
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyesOfAFallenAngel View Post
There was also a drunk moron sitting in the row in front of us, a few seats to the right, who would clap along. Not a big deal, besides the fact that his clapping was one of those super loud, annoying, shut-the-fuck-up type claps...not to mention that he looked mentally challenged when he did it. I yelled at the same guy to shut the fuck up during Wings.
Ya, I had a similar guy that came in next to me after 46&2 that just stood there and clapped non stop during the whole intermission before wings and for the first part of wings. Looked like a fucking robot when he was clapping. I saw everyone in my area kept turning around and looking at him probably wanting to say stfu but no one did. I finally nudged him a few times then he didnt get the point so I had to tell him. Overall it was a good show and Flood was awesome.
OFFLINE |  
I Chas I's Avatar I Chas I
12-11-2007, 03:35 PM

good-i had good bird eye seats. i was on the balcony of the mezz section up top so i could fully enjoy the lasers. Finally got to see flood, that song stole the show for me. Trans am turned out to be pretty good. i got their cd they were selling for 10 bucks. havnt listened to it yet. The drum solo session in the mid of lateralus was great. The way they synced the solos to begin and finish at the same time was great from a fellow drummers standpoint. He sang the final part of Vicarious! I was dreading that part all night. I did not want to be walking out of the show thinking about how he did not sing it, but there it was. It sounded better than the other versions of it live I've heard too. Venue was nice, and it seemed to have good sound quality. Maynard seemed to be happy too. That was the third time I've seen Rosetta Stoned live and i think this time was the best one by far, especially the solo. Adam nailed it.

bad- too quiet. maybe it was because i was kinda far away, but many of the songs were too quiet. Especially Jambi and Wings. I remember the last tool show i was at they also opened with Jambi and the opening riff blew me away. this time it almost ruined the song because of how underwhelming it was. Stinkfist more than made up for it though (that would be a WAY better opener1). Also, I literally could not hear wings part 1 over the drunks next to me. Maynard was mixed a bit too low as well.

Maynard made a reference in the beginning about San Fransisco being louder than us when they hadny even played there yet haha. After lateralus he said "Now that was some excellent drum fagatry" He also joked about the writers strike. He pitched to us his own movie idea, which was a blatant copy of the story from freaky Friday (the Lindsay Lohan movie where the mom and daughter switch bodies). I thought that was pretty funny. He thanked us for "being so pleasant", which may have been why we got the end of vicarious.

Best tool show I've seen, and heres to number four being even better!

Last edited by I Chas I; 12-11-2007 at 03:40 PM..
Old 12-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #38
Level 4 - Thinker

good-i had good bird eye seats. i was on the balcony of the mezz section up top so i could fully enjoy the lasers. Finally got to see flood, that song stole the show for me. Trans am turned out to be pretty good. i got their cd they were selling for 10 bucks. havnt listened to it yet. The drum solo session in the mid of lateralus was great. The way they synced the solos to begin and finish at the same time was great from a fellow drummers standpoint. He sang the final part of Vicarious! I was dreading that part all night. I did not want to be walking out of the show thinking about how he did not sing it, but there it was. It sounded better than the other versions of it live I've heard too. Venue was nice, and it seemed to have good sound quality. Maynard seemed to be happy too. That was the third time I've seen Rosetta Stoned live and i think this time was the best one by far, especially the solo. Adam nailed it.

bad- too quiet. maybe it was because i was kinda far away, but many of the songs were too quiet. Especially Jambi and Wings. I remember the last tool show i was at they also opened with Jambi and the opening riff blew me away. this time it almost ruined the song because of how underwhelming it was. Stinkfist more than made up for it though (that would be a WAY better opener1). Also, I literally could not hear wings part 1 over the drunks next to me. Maynard was mixed a bit too low as well.

Maynard made a reference in the beginning about San Fransisco being louder than us when they hadny even played there yet haha. After lateralus he said "Now that was some excellent drum fagatry" He also joked about the writers strike. He pitched to us his own movie idea, which was a blatant copy of the story from freaky Friday (the Lindsay Lohan movie where the mom and daughter switch bodies). I thought that was pretty funny. He thanked us for "being so pleasant", which may have been why we got the end of vicarious.

Best tool show I've seen, and heres to number four being even better!

Last edited by I Chas I; 12-11-2007 at 03:40 PM..
OFFLINE |  
NIB
12-11-2007, 04:23 PM

I knew I wasn't the only one that thought they were gonna continue playing. They probably just ran out of time. I looked at my watch and the time was 11:27.

Oh yeah, who picked up a lithograph! I was afraid they were gonna run out while I was in line since people were buying 2-4 at a time. And who bought the autographed lithographs for $500?
Old 12-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #39
NIB
Level 3 - Talker

I knew I wasn't the only one that thought they were gonna continue playing. They probably just ran out of time. I looked at my watch and the time was 11:27.

Oh yeah, who picked up a lithograph! I was afraid they were gonna run out while I was in line since people were buying 2-4 at a time. And who bought the autographed lithographs for $500?
OFFLINE |  
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
12-11-2007, 05:37 PM

this was my first show where I brought my mom, i've seen tool since 95-96 and have seen them at their peak (lateralus tour). This show was the best 10kd show i've been to. THe vocals were loud and clear for me, something that is usually lacking in previous 10kd shows. I am always annoyed by the selfish jackasses who think maynard would want to hear "FUCKIN TOOL!" during the quiet part of wings. WIngs and 10kd were really special for me and my mom for obvious reasons, we were so thankful to be alive and witnissing one of the most emotional songs from tool.

The whole second half after flood was perfect. The 'intermission' after flood was intense! At first I thought the 3 'ufo lights' were scanning the audience and 'hypnotizing' us. I thought my suspicions were confirmed when the intense deep, but tight bass hit the me in the chest like the beam of light sucking us up into the ship. However after wings started I thought about it in a different way. I came to the conclusion that the 3 lights were the holy trinity scanning for marie, and the big bass was the time of death her and trancending up to heaven. I could be totally off, but in art things of 3 usually represent the father, the son and the holy spirit.

Lateralus afterwards was too perfect. I actually grew tired of the drunm solo however, it was great how they were finishing each others phrases, but it just went on too long and kinda killed the song IMO.

Stinkfist is always hilarious live, everyone always sings the "I keep, digging" part when tool plays the 'new' breakdown.

THis was the first time i've seen flood live and it was phenomenal. Justin was a cock tease though, because he played the beginning 3 notes of H, fucker.

I also noticed adam fucked up during the first minute of the concert, he started to come in with the rhythm too early, justin just shook him off telling him NO.

Also i think danny started a bit early during wings, but i could have been mistaken.

All in all though, it was a night to remember.
Old 12-11-2007, 05:37 PM   #40
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

this was my first show where I brought my mom, i've seen tool since 95-96 and have seen them at their peak (lateralus tour). This show was the best 10kd show i've been to. THe vocals were loud and clear for me, something that is usually lacking in previous 10kd shows. I am always annoyed by the selfish jackasses who think maynard would want to hear "FUCKIN TOOL!" during the quiet part of wings. WIngs and 10kd were really special for me and my mom for obvious reasons, we were so thankful to be alive and witnissing one of the most emotional songs from tool.

The whole second half after flood was perfect. The 'intermission' after flood was intense! At first I thought the 3 'ufo lights' were scanning the audience and 'hypnotizing' us. I thought my suspicions were confirmed when the intense deep, but tight bass hit the me in the chest like the beam of light sucking us up into the ship. However after wings started I thought about it in a different way. I came to the conclusion that the 3 lights were the holy trinity scanning for marie, and the big bass was the time of death her and trancending up to heaven. I could be totally off, but in art things of 3 usually represent the father, the son and the holy spirit.

Lateralus afterwards was too perfect. I actually grew tired of the drunm solo however, it was great how they were finishing each others phrases, but it just went on too long and kinda killed the song IMO.

Stinkfist is always hilarious live, everyone always sings the "I keep, digging" part when tool plays the 'new' breakdown.

THis was the first time i've seen flood live and it was phenomenal. Justin was a cock tease though, because he played the beginning 3 notes of H, fucker.

I also noticed adam fucked up during the first minute of the concert, he started to come in with the rhythm too early, justin just shook him off telling him NO.

Also i think danny started a bit early during wings, but i could have been mistaken.

All in all though, it was a night to remember.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply