opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Salival » 7. No Quarter
User Name
Password
Old 04-09-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Holy Shit I Hear It!

Okay, now before I was skeptical, but I know I was wrong now.

Here's the secret message that I heard. It's not actually Maynard whispering though. I'll get to that in a second.

See...now...I've been in rehab for a long time. I've fucked my brain up after I snorted meth (Yeah...I know) and tried to kill this girl I was in love with. They threw me into jail with nothing but my CD player and clothes. I was on probationary confinement and luckily they've let me use a computer for the past few months.

ANyway...I happened to have only one CD in my player: Salival. Nights I would cry myself to sleep because of everything I messed up on. My friends hate me and my parents wish they had never raised me at all.

My daughter is afraid of me (I tried to kill the girl because she was pregnant with my kid)...Everything's so fucked.

Okay...so...I'm in jail...and I'm crying to sleep with my Tool CD going, and all of a sudden No Quarter comes on.

My mind is gently lulled by the Binaural waves and I'm rocking softly in the corner as Maynard, the God of all Gods and Supreme being of the Universe, sings his beautiful voice into my heart. Then, the guitars die down, and in the quiet of the cell, I hear a soft clicking whisper. I hear it more and more and it rises up. I pull out my headphones to see if that would do anything because I heard it worked or soemthin. Oh yeah, with my CD player it has bass boost and antishock and like...some kind of...pass filter? I think? I dunno...supposed to help tone or somthing.

SO I put this on and pull the pulg and the voice is clear as day. It's a small, child's voice saying

"Now I lay you down to sleep, the meth girl will protest to keep, your ears to shut and blind your sight, you're not coming home tonight. So cut your life and kill yourself, drink the cup of silver health. The sun beats down, and stars are bright, no ones coming home tonight."

MJK has psyichically tapped me with meditative merkabba when I was on acid a long time ago...and we talked about how Jesus was actually reincarnated several years each time. It went Jesus, JFK, MJK. Don't ask me why, this is straihgt from MJK.

Anyway...so yeah...All of the rest of you fucks out there trying to say it's about radical reasons or something or some french crap, you're all wrong. MJK is talking to me and not you, so just lay off. You all think it's some connection with YOUR life...but it's mine. OKay? Don't cry, or feel too down...not all martyrs see divinity. But I have. I saw MJK. He's talking to me.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2003, 11:32 AM   #2
Banned.

Bincount™: 8
.........*..........
Old 04-09-2003, 11:56 AM   #3
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 51
um yes, keep telling yourself that. i think you need to go to a hospital.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:49 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Hrm. A little Prozac and Kolonazepin should fix you right up. Maybe a little Lithium, as well.
Old 04-09-2003, 12:52 PM   #5
Level 4 - Thinker

wow man wow........
Old 04-09-2003, 12:56 PM   #6
Lord Cronos of Vermiculum

Bincount™: 6507
They let you take a cd player AND hallucinogens into jail with you!? Unbelievable...
Old 04-09-2003, 12:57 PM   #7
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
You have blasphemed yourself like christians do when they say their way is the only way. Maynard and the boys have spoken to each of us, and to put yourself up on the pedestal that Tool refuses to find themselves is a straight blasphemy.

But then again, the first part of your story is fucked. So you are probably just talking out of your ass.
Old 04-09-2003, 07:33 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally posted by paraflux
You have blasphemed yourself like christians do when they say their way is the only way. Maynard and the boys have spoken to each of us, and to put yourself up on the pedestal that Tool refuses to find themselves is a straight blasphemy.

But then again, the first part of your story is fucked. So you are probably just talking out of your ass.
Thank you SO much for saying this. Indeed. I am talking out of my ass. This story is ficticious. You see, I'm not actually a crazy bastard who believes Tool is actually speaking to him, because of all the supposed pain he's been through. Nor do I imagine Tool has contacted me in any way. But, to make a point, my story isn't very different from the other shit in this section.

Anyway, take care.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:22 AM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
welcome.
Old 04-10-2003, 08:39 AM   #10
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9
pardon me

I could imagine you are referrring to my posts. Oh dear. Are you trying to raise a ruckus? Whats the difference between you and I? I don't make shit up to gain attention or make a point, but to profess my true experiences blah diddy blah blah blah. Is it so difficult to imagine? Is it so difficult to take it for what its worth and try to see a different side of the music. Apparently it is.

I think for a second you wanted to be like me. -wipes a tear away- its nice of you to give a nod in my direction.

There are themes in much of MJK's lyrics that hint at the distant obseravation of another life, one that is "oblivious" to the watching eyes. Most this stuff is shown somewhat clearly in APC, but also appears in TOOL.

That last paragraph or stanza is fucking hilarious tho, buddy. Mock me...why I outta! the reality is, however, that ritual magick may very well exist, and Maynard may practice it on an irrgeular basis. Do you know what is possible by praying over your seasoned psylocibin mushrooms as they sit on the sil of a window that overlooks the East and then the West? Do you know what is possible if you are resurrected from death to do satan's bidding? I don't think any of us do.

There is no such thing as directly connecting to a person through meditiation, not to be a nay-sayer. spirits are a whole diffierent thing. SPIRITS Transcend. Contact with spirits is possible, if your a hippie...or a geek. Or a weirdo. Or the lead singer of some of the best music to ever be written. oh, I am the ONE. My heart knows its true, and so does he, but I'll never see it in front of my face to take a picture.

46&2 could be about the steps taken to reach a higher mental state, to elevate the human mind instrument to great capacity and capability. but then again, who the fuck knows?

I have myself talked to a few other people who have heard the same message I have. I didn't make that shit up like you did. Don't point your finger at ppl
Old 04-10-2003, 02:25 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Re: pardon me

Quote:
Originally posted by tomatoms
I could imagine you are referrring to my posts. Oh dear. Are you trying to raise a ruckus?
NO! God...I wasn't referring to your posts...fuck.

Must you think everything always has something to do with you?
Old 04-10-2003, 03:18 PM   #12
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 8
Re: Re: pardon me

I think this would be a good place for some quotes from the movie Seven.
Old 04-10-2003, 10:48 PM   #13
Level 8 - Vociferous

yep

i meant all that light heartedly, im really not very concerned, but i can see great mocking resemblances between your fabricated story and mine. Forgive me for being A-LOOF-A.

I was born on April the 7th...which makes me able to DRINK IN PUBLIC now! fuckin Hoorah! More important matters now press against my bosom. I must notfiy the world.

Yall should know ill take any excuse to tickle my keyboard

Peace and blessed be to all of my precious little children.

Tommy the Cat (oh no not again!)

"say-a baby don't you wanna lay down with me?"
Old 04-10-2003, 11:33 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Mit Gas - aktion F1-413

btw...

when it comes to singers, I like mister patton more than mister keenan... Live, Mike Patton can run circles around maynard. circles. lots of em. I saw him get on stage w/ TOOL in moline, not to mention all the tomahawk shows that ROCKED! I like him better cuz he doesn't use my...wait...oh my god...fantomas, tomahawk, the PEEPING TOM demo? there's no hope for me! I must go cry myself to sleep now.

what a world, what a world, what a world?

closer...let me whisper in your ear. Say the words you'd love to hear.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:28 PM   #15
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129

Quote:
Originally posted by Valkyrie
NO! God...I wasn't referring to your posts...fuck.

Must you think everything always has something to do with you?
Well the only other person I can think of would be................................................ .................................................. .............. ME.

But I have never claimed Maynard was talking to me or anything like that.... so I can't see how this would really relate to my story....... which btw NO ONE has replied to.

Yes it's convienient to say I heard it and cannot remember it, but that isn't the point of the story so much as the fact that I heard it while in an almost sleep like state..... which I do recommend people to try...... get really damn tired..... to the opint that you can't stay awake, then put no quarter on, it probably won't work if you can sleep totally through music, but if you can't sleep through music because it wakes you up periodically it would most definitely be a good thing to try

Plus the whole subliminal stuff and yadda yadda yadda...... it makes sense to me.....
Old 04-14-2003, 03:11 PM   #16
Level 7 - Loquacious

No...not you either...

...god...damnit...

...someone lock this fucking thread...

*slaps self*
Old 04-26-2003, 08:16 PM   #17
X

Bincount™: 746
Re: Holy Shit I Hear It!

Quote:
Originally posted by Valkyrie the Enlightened

"Now I lay you down to sleep, the meth girl will protest to keep, your ears to shut and blind your sight, you're not coming home tonight. So cut your life and kill yourself, drink the cup of silver health. The sun beats down, and stars are bright, no ones coming home tonight."

For some wierd reason this part of the post creeped me out the most. I think he heard what he wanted to hear.
Old 04-26-2003, 08:24 PM   #18
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 193
did you really snort meth?

REvolver.........
Old 05-02-2003, 11:50 AM   #19
Level 7 - Loquacious

All things aside, this whole thread was a sick joke. So many people were laying claim to hidden messages, and no one could rightly back it up. Attached were typically "out there" stories, leading to interesting results.

I made the whole thing up. The message I made up, just free versing whatever rhymed and linked to my story.

I don't think you can snort meth and live to tell the tale.

Not to be condescending, but it seems like TOOL fans ought to have more salt shakers with them when they come on here. I mean, this was a totally ficticious story, and a lot of responses did not seem to be seeing this post as a joke.

Anyway...there you have it. Also, about hidden messages, with Ticks and Leeches I think it would be hilarious is one day Maynard said that the whispers were just him saying nothing at all.

Okay, later.
Old 05-02-2003, 09:13 PM   #20
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
All things aside, this whole thread was a sick joke. So many people were laying claim to hidden messages, and no one could rightly back it up. Attached were typically "out there" stories, leading to interesting results.

I made the whole thing up. The message I made up, just free versing whatever rhymed and linked to my story.

I don't think you can snort meth and live to tell the tale.

Not to be condescending, but it seems like TOOL fans ought to have more salt shakers with them when they come on here. I mean, this was a totally ficticious story, and a lot of responses did not seem to be seeing this post as a joke.

Anyway...there you have it. Also, about hidden messages, with Ticks and Leeches I think it would be hilarious is one day Maynard said that the whispers were just him saying nothing at all.

Okay, later.
hmmmm, well you clarified that you are better than us (dont get me wrong, i was not fooled. I am however the noble leader of the tool fans who were... sself-appointed naturally), and yet you still manage to stick with the cliches, fucking tell it like it is. That whole 'grain of salt' thing is the most annoying phrase ever. although you did put a clever spin on it, making me think about what you meant by salt shakers, damn your clever.

Pretentions can suck it. word
Old 05-06-2003, 02:09 AM   #21
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

hush

you should write novals.
i injoyed that story.

the bad thing is, this could happen to people
they may be fucked up and belive tool are talking to them
and asking them to do things.
happens with all sort's of things.
people just hear what they want to, most the time.
selective hearing or altered hearing

yes mike pattern is good, he is also the wierdest mofo around, i got so many songs featuring him and he just screams nosense and makes funny noise's
fantomas = good
faith no more = better

my personal opienon he isnt as good as maynard, maynard mighten be able to hold notes as long or as high, but his voice is connected with the music and makes him a better singer, some thing i feel mike hasnt ever pulled off.
tool are tight as a nuns cunt
Old 05-06-2003, 02:45 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

storyteller

ok i guess you really got me,but sticking to the truth would it be the first time that one psychotic tool fan would jump in a forum and start saying that maynard speeks to him and him alone...i dont get it.are ppl turned on by these fantasies..?
am i the only one anoyed by the fact that some ppl not only express their thoughts but their disturbing stupidity in these forums?
Old 05-06-2003, 03:17 AM   #23
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

maby they want to feel special. and us to think they are special. who knows what goes through the mind of some people. maby they just relate there exspeciance's with some thing tool song about, and it clicked for them.

good luck to them, maby there just searching for answer's and turn to some thing they can possably try to relate to.

:D why would maynard talk any one person? because they want to feel special and indivdual <my conclusion

or some thing like that
Old 05-06-2003, 03:50 AM   #24
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

hmmm lets continue..

by the way holy reality....i really believed your story..
reading the post,i went to my house and once again pocked salival on the stereo..along with aenima..here are 2 interesting facts..after icame to something like your state:

1)listening to no quarter i woke up being sure that i heard kill yourself....BUT i could easily be manipulated by your thoughts and it could be my fantasy
ps:if tomatoms would only hear ''kill yourself'' and follow his Gods order..hmmm wouldnt it be fun?lol

2)the music passed on to aenima..and ions came to play.i saw this strange dream were the sound of the storm bruing (doesnt it sound like that?)where my bloodcells and the electric distraption were the ones in my brain pattern!shit!!i thought i was flowing in my own vains (no drugs to do this)!!i woke up sweating and my heart was reaaally pumping..

..so my point..tool realy make a difference if you listen to them while youre sleeping..wether youd like them to,need them to,or just listen to them by chance

and YES this goes to all of you guys!!
Old 05-28-2003, 07:28 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

Dude

theres a Mudvayne song where Kud(singer) names a bunch of drugs. Halcium and morphine, 5-methoxy-n, n-dimethyltryptamine, Psilocybin, mescaline, aspirin, histomine, Brushite, darvaset, valium, caffeine, cannabis, and LSD, Ayahuasca, hamine........Trisolam and zanex, sertonin, mdma, ibogaine, dopeamine, Amanita muscaria, Boric oxide, arrabinitol, psilocin, and flamizine, cyclotec and harmaline............I think you need to lay off all these, and especially the shrooms.
Old 05-29-2003, 12:32 AM   #26
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

well ireally hope that post wasnt intended for me...because if it was youre waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off!sorry!!i am not american and thus my relationship with drugs is tiny..as in i take aspirin only in severe headaches..(although iget a lot of them)!!id try lsd but..thats that!and by the way (and i really mean no offence to you nealry sober)if you dont understand what youre posting i say dont post it..i mean some of the drugs you typed are wellknown,others arent even drugs..aspirin isnt considered a drug for instance (you have to take 10 of them but all it will do is make you puke..)caffeine is too stupid to even start with it,etc etc,n-dymethiltryptamine has entirely other effects on humans..so...i applaud Kud for saying all those bullshit on the track..but id look it up before quoting it...(and i do really mean no offence to you..)
Old 05-29-2003, 12:35 AM   #27
Banned

Bincount™: 128
Quote:
Originally posted by FlamingEye
um yes, keep telling yourself that. i think you need to go to a hospital.
hospital? that guy neems physical help... psyciatrist!... or somethinglike that.. whatever it spelled
Old 05-29-2003, 02:32 PM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

dude

hey man that wasn't to you
Old 06-13-2003, 03:11 AM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

sorry,i tend to over react...maybe i should stop taking those purple pills then......make me feel strange..ARGGHHHHH!!
Old 06-18-2003, 04:54 PM   #30
Level 2 - Poster

um...

who wants to break it to him that NQ is a Led Zeppelin cover? So I doubt Maynard spoke to him with that song...
Old 06-19-2003, 05:33 AM   #31
Banned.

Bincount™: 55
Blair said in a chat that the "hidden" message was an adress. I asked him if it was an adress to heaven, and he said "Some women have said so.".

:)
Old 06-28-2003, 11:12 AM   #32
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Thank you SO much for saying this. Indeed. I am talking out of my ass. This story is ficticious. You see, I'm not actually a crazy bastard who believes Tool is actually speaking to him, because of all the supposed pain he's been through. Nor do I imagine Tool has contacted me in any way. But, to make a point, my story isn't very different from the other shit in this section.

Anyway, take care.
Hahaha, you are now officially my hero.
Old 07-20-2003, 03:29 PM   #33
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignore-reality
I think this would be a good place for some quotes from the movie Seven.
Become Wrath
Old 07-21-2003, 09:50 PM   #34
Level 8 - Vociferous

biggity blah blah

one day...

I'll know...

and then after that...

you can ALL eat my shit

if you like this thread, then you probably already have

and i bet you didn't like the taste, because its acquired...

- the chosen one

tool is tight as a nun's cunt...that is...beautiful. *sob*

certainly tighter than my ass after i taken so many shits on this forum however long ago.

i always took the "kill yourself" part as a question sort of thing, a mockery. I could scoff at anybody aloof enough to say something so god damn condescending. Would that be cause, then, to take a radical stance and turn around and kill him, i think so. only because it can't be taken back. i'll get to the bottom of this straight from the source, one of these days. I'm good like that. unless i am to choke.

well, i do hear the whole message really well, to recap. I definately have found extraordinary coincidences that popped up, if these are dreamed up by me, then god damn, it certainly was effortless, and it certainly was the proper playing field, all things considered.

oh boy oh boy oh boy
Old 07-21-2003, 10:00 PM   #35
Level 8 - Vociferous

Don't let the game beat you

believe in me

i believe nothing.

i assume

sometimes i make an ass out of me.

but don't take that last post the wrong way. i'm not a radical person. I'm more of a laid back stoner, new age hippy (sort of Alex Grey typa hippy, it comes out in my art), i can only kill insects

to rub it in, im going to an apc show...for only double the price that i waited in line for...scalpin fuck heads...ebayers...

but i asked myself...i think it was when i got tool tickets b4, what is more important, currecy, which will be worth nothing once bush destroys the world, or EXPERIENCES?

i used to revel in racking up XP as a young, young man.
i haven't been doing very much level building lately...not nearly enough. I just want to beat the game.

sinsweariley

the You in "thinking of YOU"
Old 07-22-2003, 01:13 AM   #36
Banned.

Bincount™: 2518
get to a hospital . . .

NOW . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .
Old 07-22-2003, 04:44 PM   #37
Level 8 - Vociferous

hmmm?

why?

i feel fine----i'd feel better if you took out the "blessed be" part.

i think live long and prosper is cooler. it's got the hand-symbol-thingy. star trek sucks ass, tho, that is a fact.

i don't think any of us are blessed by anything other than those around us.

and i think ppl might be getting sick of your 2 liners, maybe even more than they're sick of me. i don't know. im not sick of me. I LIKE ME!! YEA!!
Old 07-22-2003, 10:17 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

I always thought of No Quarter (as a cover of the Led Zeppelin original) as a reference to Tolkein's Paths of the Dead, since Led Zeppelin often makes reference to the Lord of the Rings in their work.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:49 PM   #39
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

valk, that was fucking genious lol. I love it. I love how all the stupid people actually took you seriously. HAHAHA

For all you people who actually believed valk, and then got mad at him your just fucking idiots and shouldn't even be listening to this music. I mean, isnt this what tool is all about? I mean they stir up controversy and just sit back and laugh their asses off? lol.

How about everyone listens to the cds again... because you've obviously missed one of the more important messages. the, "don't believe everything you hear" one. i mean COMEON! "think for yourself, question authority" IS THE FIRST FUCKING THING SAID ON THIS CD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok... so my point is, get a bullshit filter installed in your brain, but not the cheap kind that allow things to go in one ear and out the other, so you aren't all (yes yes, i realize not all of you are, BUT MOST lol) so ignorant. Theres a perfect balance to everything, recieveing information included, so before you post something retarded and ignorant *cough* Tomatoms *cough* how bout you think about it first. Valk was just making a point, so don't worry lol, I'm not insulting valk with this.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:46 PM   #40
Level 8 - Vociferous

hahaha...you're such a hypocrit.
you fuckers will never see the light of my posts. NEVER. just quit talkin shit. *uuurrrrrrgggghh*

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: