Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Winter ("AU Summer") 2011
User Name
Password
SadSummerSea's Avatar SadSummerSea
01-16-2011, 02:46 PM

SETLIST --

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 01-16-2011, 02:46 PM   #1
. Anthropophagite .

Bincount™: 553
02.06.11 - Big Day Out - Perth

SETLIST --

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
sketchy7
02-06-2011, 08:07 AM

1. leary into jambi
2. the pot
3. vicarious
4. 46+2
5. EOB/The Patient
6. Flood
7. Schism
8. Lateralas
9. Aenima
10. Stinkfist

dnt quote me on this order, pls correct if necessary.

imo this was the best setlist for the tour. no third eye - instead got the pot, 46&2 and flood.

...third eye has not been the best opening track for this tour imo, has kinda flattened the beginning of the show. (just my opinion, chill buddy)

...but it sounds like adelaide got the best show for the tour due to the spectacle.

...Between the gc bdo, brisbane sideshow, melbourne sideshow seating, and tonight's perth bdo, tonight's was the most enjoyable. a slight change to the setlist made the difference, seemed a little darker, felt good - plus maynard was in a good mood which also made a difference. perth always seem to do a good job at the bdo, less people allow for great views. tonight's show seemed more together than perth 07 for me, but didnt beat adelaide in 2002.

did anyone do both sydney&melbourne bdo's - and perth? how did perth rate?
against them?

a good time had by all. peace.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #2
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.06.11 - Big Day Out - Perth

1. leary into jambi
2. the pot
3. vicarious
4. 46+2
5. EOB/The Patient
6. Flood
7. Schism
8. Lateralas
9. Aenima
10. Stinkfist

imo this was the best setlist for the tour. no third eye - instead got the pot, 46&2 and flood.

...third eye has not been the best opening track for this tour imo, has kinda flattened the beginning of the show. (just my opinion, chill buddy)

...but it sounds like adelaide got the best show for the tour due to the spectacle.

...Between the gc bdo, brisbane sideshow, melbourne sideshow seating, and tonight's perth bdo, tonight's was the most enjoyable. a slight change to the setlist made the difference, seemed a little darker, felt good - plus maynard was in a good mood which also made a difference. perth always seem to do a good job at the bdo, less people allow for great views. tonight's show seemed more together than perth 07 for me, but didnt beat adelaide in 2002.

against them?

Mehhico's Avatar Mehhico
02-06-2011, 08:22 AM

Ok then. That was just incredible. Just got home and still very much grasping reality by threads.

From (bad) memory, these are the songs played, and not in any particular order as I have no idea at this stage (someone will correct me hopefully):

Jambi (Third Eye intro - "throughout human history...")
The Pot
Vicarious
The Patient (my personal highlight)
Schism (fast breakdown bit in the middle)
Flood
Forty Six and Two
Lateralus (Extended - a lot)
AEnema
Stinkfist

There were lots of jams, some really cool stuff. Maynard seemed "talkative" - towards the end he said something like:

"because this is the last big day out, I am going to (do something out of character?), and smoke a cigar."

and indeed lit up.

The stage show and effects were really fantastic. I have been listening and loving Tool since 1994/95, and have only seen them twice - both at big day outs. And tonight was the first chance I was in a position to really take in the stage, lights, clips, everything.

They nailed every song aswell. Carey was a machine. Tool followed Rammstein at the big day out, and as huge a show as Rammstein puts on, Tool managed to pick it all up to a new level (in my eyes anyway!).

Someone please correct the setlist & order, etc.
Andy

p.s. Would have loved to have heard Third Eye.

Last edited by Mehhico; 02-06-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Old 02-06-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 19

Ok then. That was just incredible. Just got home and still very much grasping reality by threads.

From (bad) memory, these are the songs played, and not in any particular order as I have no idea at this stage (someone will correct me hopefully):

Jambi (Third Eye intro - "throughout human history...")
The Pot
Vicarious
The Patient (my personal highlight)
Schism (fast breakdown bit in the middle)
Flood
Forty Six and Two
Lateralus (Extended - a lot)
AEnema
Stinkfist

There were lots of jams, some really cool stuff. Maynard seemed "talkative" - towards the end he said something like:

"because this is the last big day out, I am going to (do something out of character?), and smoke a cigar."

and indeed lit up.

The stage show and effects were really fantastic. I have been listening and loving Tool since 1994/95, and have only seen them twice - both at big day outs. And tonight was the first chance I was in a position to really take in the stage, lights, clips, everything.

They nailed every song aswell. Carey was a machine. Tool followed Rammstein at the big day out, and as huge a show as Rammstein puts on, Tool managed to pick it all up to a new level (in my eyes anyway!).

Someone please correct the setlist & order, etc.
Andy

p.s. Would have loved to have heard Third Eye.

Last edited by Mehhico; 02-06-2011 at 08:26 AM..
Prem Kala's Avatar Prem Kala
02-06-2011, 09:37 PM

I've been traveling to many places all over the world and just happened to have caught a Tool concert while settling in Western Australia.

The band was missed in various locations world wide during my travels: I missed Tool by 8 hours in Vancouver, I was on vacation with my family in Hawaii just two weeks before the band arrived in Honolulu, and was at a retreat in the country side near Byron Bay, Australia while Tool played in Sydney.

...I was not chasing Tool but just happened to have had some personal business in the same regions where they were playing.

---I'm Canadian, but lived mainly in Australia since March 2010 on a Working Holiday Visa. I fell so deeply in love with the Indian Ocean beaches along Western Australia that it was decided to extend my stay here through a Student Visa starting in FEB at a college an hour north of Perth.---

Anyway, I arrived in Perth just days before the Big Day Out was in town.

Here is a map and timetable of the Big Day Out in Perth to get more of a visual:
http://www.bigdayout.com/documents/f...imes_PERTH.pdf
http://www.bigdayout.com/documents/f...emap_PERTH.pdf

The place was a head bangers dream as there was so much space in the audience to just let your body go nuts to the beats. Many great bands were there which I never heard of and it was awesome to rock out like a maniac up close to the stage while Deftones was pumping.

At around 6:00 or so, I made my way as close as possible to the Blue Stage where Tool was going to play by 8:45. As soon as Iggy and the Stooges finished their set at 7:30 there was enough free space to effortlessly push up slightly off center to the very front by the fence. It really made me wonder how a lean and skinny vegan like myself was able to be so up close to the stage... left alone, at the very edge!!

I was able to lean over enough to get a good view of the entertaining, powerful, and hilarious set Rammstein had on the Orange Stage @ 7:30 (which was just to the left of the Blue Stage). Oh that German singing just blew everyone away and thank goodness for the space in front of myself to just rock forward to their heavy rhythm!!! What a great band to watch before a Tool concert...

Before getting into how explosively outstanding the Tool Concert was, it should be noted that I was on no drugs whatsoever. I never do drugs during Tool as their music is good on its own.

It will take days, weeks, or even months to recover from the bliss of this concert.

Danny, Adam, Justin and Maynard came on stage and just merged together in just the most energetic explosion of sound waves... just recalling this now makes it so difficult to type as that moment was that powerful.

Everything was left behind after that moment.

The past, future, desires, and myself just disappeared into the opening song Jambi. The music penetrated so deep into my heart and was pumped from there to every organ, cell, and nerve of the body. The music possessed the body and swayed to the bands divine sounds... Waves of bliss pumped in and out of my heart... The air was as if it was made of an invisible form of ecstasy; as how my lungs perceived it with every inhale and exhale. This was so intense that during Lateralus I was about to uncontrollably break out into crying, but held it back, regretfully, due to the security in the front with a close eye on me.

---A long time ago I used to do drugs in order to become centered and to find truth to the universe and the self, but searching for truth in this way wasn't getting me anywhere. The song Third Eye inspired me to stop taking drugs to seek for truth and to dive deep into various meditation retreats worldwide instead. After a long time of meditation practice one can become very sensitive and whatever was experienced at this Tool Concert was like no drug I've ever taken before... Lost in bliss, and yet so aware, centered, calm, still, and not bothered.---

After the last song, the band said their good byes and everyone expressed their thanks and love for the set. Danny Carey threw out his drum sticks to the fans. The person to my left grabbed the first drum stick and the person on my right caught the other. Honestly, it really didn't matter that they weren't caught as the love the band poured out through their music out to the crowd was more than enough to take home.

Everyone began wondering away from the stage and I walked over to some steps where I collapsed into a sitting position. An effortless silence overwhelmed me... There was a lot of noise going on around, but inside was silent, still, and unaffected. This gave a clear glimpse of no mind. So crisp, so aware, yet silent. Deep in a like sleep state, yet fully awake. Just indescribable and no words can explain. Centered and Content.

It was the greatest Live Tool concert experience ever and still has its effect.

I'm just so incredibly grateful for Tool and so incredibly privileged to have been at that concert that night. Thank you so much with all of my heart.

I've shared this here so that maybe some other Tool fans will be inspired to experience Tool Concerts in a more internal way; clear of drugs. Or better yet, maybe this would inspire fans to really listen deeply to their music, experience life on high and low levels to the fullest with awareness, and use Tool for some "soul digging".

Here is the secret to the best Tool Concert Experience:

Let go, let the past and future go, drop the mechanism which is your mind, be open, and listen to the music through the heart... Why bother searching up to see what the setlist will be for your next Tool Concert? Just be vulnerable, go to see them and listen to them like you're listening to them for the first time. If you truly let go then the grace from these concerts will pierce deep into your soul...

Last edited by Prem Kala; 02-06-2011 at 09:39 PM..
Old 02-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Level 4 - Thinker

I've been traveling to many places all over the world and just happened to have caught a Tool concert while settling in Western Australia.

The band was missed in various locations world wide during my travels: I missed Tool by 8 hours in Vancouver, I was on vacation with my family in Hawaii just two weeks before the band arrived in Honolulu, and was at a retreat in the country side near Byron Bay, Australia while Tool played in Sydney.

...I was not chasing Tool but just happened to have had some personal business in the same regions where they were playing.

---I'm Canadian, but lived mainly in Australia since March 2010 on a Working Holiday Visa. I fell so deeply in love with the Indian Ocean beaches along Western Australia that it was decided to extend my stay here through a Student Visa starting in FEB at a college an hour north of Perth.---

Here is a map and timetable of the Big Day Out in Perth to get more of a visual:

The place was a head bangers dream as there was so much space in the audience to just let your body go nuts to the beats. Many great bands were there which I never heard of and it was awesome to rock out like a maniac up close to the stage while Deftones was pumping.

At around 6:00 or so, I made my way as close as possible to the Blue Stage where Tool was going to play by 8:45. As soon as Iggy and the Stooges finished their set at 7:30 there was enough free space to effortlessly push up slightly off center to the very front by the fence. It really made me wonder how a lean and skinny vegan like myself was able to be so up close to the stage... left alone, at the very edge!!

I was able to lean over enough to get a good view of the entertaining, powerful, and hilarious set Rammstein had on the Orange Stage @ 7:30 (which was just to the left of the Blue Stage). Oh that German singing just blew everyone away and thank goodness for the space in front of myself to just rock forward to their heavy rhythm!!! What a great band to watch before a Tool concert...

Before getting into how explosively outstanding the Tool Concert was, it should be noted that I was on no drugs whatsoever. I never do drugs during Tool as their music is good on its own.

It will take days, weeks, or even months to recover from the bliss of this concert.

Danny, Adam, Justin and Maynard came on stage and just merged together in just the most energetic explosion of sound waves... just recalling this now makes it so difficult to type as that moment was that powerful.

The past, future, desires, and myself just disappeared into the opening song Jambi. The music penetrated so deep into my heart and was pumped from there to every organ, cell, and nerve of the body. The music possessed the body and swayed to the bands divine sounds... Waves of bliss pumped in and out of my heart... The air was as if it was made of an invisible form of ecstasy; as how my lungs perceived it with every inhale and exhale. This was so intense that during Lateralus I was about to uncontrollably break out into crying, but held it back, regretfully, due to the security in the front with a close eye on me.

---A long time ago I used to do drugs in order to become centered and to find truth to the universe and the self, but searching for truth in this way wasn't getting me anywhere. The song Third Eye inspired me to stop taking drugs to seek for truth and to dive deep into various meditation retreats worldwide instead. After a long time of meditation practice one can become very sensitive and whatever was experienced at this Tool Concert was like no drug I've ever taken before... Lost in bliss, and yet so aware, centered, calm, still, and not bothered.---

After the last song, the band said their good byes and everyone expressed their thanks and love for the set. Danny Carey threw out his drum sticks to the fans. The person to my left grabbed the first drum stick and the person on my right caught the other. Honestly, it really didn't matter that they weren't caught as the love the band poured out through their music out to the crowd was more than enough to take home.

Everyone began wondering away from the stage and I walked over to some steps where I collapsed into a sitting position. An effortless silence overwhelmed me... There was a lot of noise going on around, but inside was silent, still, and unaffected. This gave a clear glimpse of no mind. So crisp, so aware, yet silent. Deep in a like sleep state, yet fully awake. Just indescribable and no words can explain. Centered and Content.

I'm just so incredibly grateful for Tool and so incredibly privileged to have been at that concert that night. Thank you so much with all of my heart.

I've shared this here so that maybe some other Tool fans will be inspired to experience Tool Concerts in a more internal way; clear of drugs. Or better yet, maybe this would inspire fans to really listen deeply to their music, experience life on high and low levels to the fullest with awareness, and use Tool for some "soul digging".

Let go, let the past and future go, drop the mechanism which is your mind, be open, and listen to the music through the heart... Why bother searching up to see what the setlist will be for your next Tool Concert? Just be vulnerable, go to see them and listen to them like you're listening to them for the first time. If you truly let go then the grace from these concerts will pierce deep into your soul...

Last edited by Prem Kala; 02-06-2011 at 09:39 PM..
Mr Squiggle
02-07-2011, 12:08 AM

Hey Prem, great story, are you sure no substances were involved?

I only went to the Brisbane side show, not Perth, but I have to say, I would have swapped 3rd Eye if it meant I could have seen The Pot and 46 &2. I know its a bit heretical to say so, but 3rd Eye is just too long for a band that keeps it to a tight 10-song set list. If they used 3rd Eye as an add-on for the fans only side-shows, that would make more sense, but not to be....a great post, prem!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:08 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

I only went to the Brisbane side show, not Perth, but I have to say, I would have swapped 3rd Eye if it meant I could have seen The Pot and 46 &2. I know its a bit heretical to say so, but 3rd Eye is just too long for a band that keeps it to a tight 10-song set list. If they used 3rd Eye as an add-on for the fans only side-shows, that would make more sense, but not to be....a great post, prem!
Seek to the Death Rattle's Avatar Seek to the Death Rattle
02-07-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchy7 View Post
1. leary into jambi
2. the pot
3. vicarious
4. 46+2
5. EOB/The Patient
6. Flood
7. Schism
8. Lateralas
9. Aenima
10. Stinkfist

against them?

Wow, so the pot and 46&2? Jealous.....was that the only time they played 46 & 2 on this tour? Guess I shouldn't complain after getting Intolerance. Has anyone noticed how on Maynards youtube channel, there is a clip of the band rehearsing for Hawaii, NZ & Australia.....you get a quick glimpse of the entire tour set/repetoire, and next to it, what appears to be the setlist from 1st night in Honolulu 2007? This is pure speculation, but maybe they do try and look back at what they have played historically at some of the less common cities? Also on the list you can see The Pot with a note saying to be sung in "C". Interesting. Sounds like a great show anyway.....
Old 02-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchy7 View Post
1. leary into jambi
2. the pot
3. vicarious
4. 46+2
5. EOB/The Patient
6. Flood
7. Schism
8. Lateralas
9. Aenima
10. Stinkfist

against them?

Wow, so the pot and 46&2? Jealous.....was that the only time they played 46 & 2 on this tour? Guess I shouldn't complain after getting Intolerance. Has anyone noticed how on Maynards youtube channel, there is a clip of the band rehearsing for Hawaii, NZ & Australia.....you get a quick glimpse of the entire tour set/repetoire, and next to it, what appears to be the setlist from 1st night in Honolulu 2007? This is pure speculation, but maybe they do try and look back at what they have played historically at some of the less common cities? Also on the list you can see The Pot with a note saying to be sung in "C". Interesting. Sounds like a great show anyway.....
02-07-2011, 11:59 PM

Hey Prem, was standing 3 or 4 people behind you with my hand between the legs of the girl infront of me. I swear she came during 46+2, Aenima and Stinkfist. Stupidly left before getting her name. Would love to get her version of the experience.

Thankyou Tool for the most memorable show in my life
Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Hey Prem, was standing 3 or 4 people behind you with my hand between the legs of the girl infront of me. I swear she came during 46+2, Aenima and Stinkfist. Stupidly left before getting her name. Would love to get her version of the experience.

Thankyou Tool for the most memorable show in my life
pyometronguts
02-10-2011, 03:17 PM

Great show - here is a boot

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=344167
Old 02-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?returnto=%2Faccount-cp.php&id=344167
02-11-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Squiggle View Post
I don't do drugs and when I did I didn't for very long.

Psychedelics are one way to break through the limits set by the mind (temporarily).. But its also possible to break these limits by other means than substances.

The key is to simply watch the mind, body, and emotions.Watch how the mind functions and what it's holding onto. Watch its reactions to situations, see the roots of where those reactions are coming from and see its tendences. No need to suppress thoughts and emotions, but just watch them come and go. Nothing really has to be done with much effort. Over time it can be seen that the mind actually projects a lot of past experiences and ideas into everyday life and the present moment. The past, ideas given by others, and simply being too caught up in external stimuli all create limits. Once there is light to see into the minds tendencies and limits, the limits just naturally disperse. The art of watching is like brushing away dust from a mirror until it is clean. Over time one will be able to see what is hidden underneith the dust and can become sensitive to sounds, feelings, etc.

Joy and bliss begin to happen when the past and expectations are dropped and there is acceptance of whatever to happen.
Old 02-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #9
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Squiggle View Post
I don't do drugs and when I did I didn't for very long.

Psychedelics are one way to break through the limits set by the mind (temporarily).. But its also possible to break these limits by other means than substances.

The key is to simply watch the mind, body, and emotions.Watch how the mind functions and what it's holding onto. Watch its reactions to situations, see the roots of where those reactions are coming from and see its tendences. No need to suppress thoughts and emotions, but just watch them come and go. Nothing really has to be done with much effort. Over time it can be seen that the mind actually projects a lot of past experiences and ideas into everyday life and the present moment. The past, ideas given by others, and simply being too caught up in external stimuli all create limits. Once there is light to see into the minds tendencies and limits, the limits just naturally disperse. The art of watching is like brushing away dust from a mirror until it is clean. Over time one will be able to see what is hidden underneith the dust and can become sensitive to sounds, feelings, etc.

Joy and bliss begin to happen when the past and expectations are dropped and there is acceptance of whatever to happen.
02-11-2011, 12:30 AM

Having shared the last post, I'd like to share my opinion as to why Tool has been playing the same set list for several tours in the past.

-< I was reading some of the past reviews and it looks like several people were upset that Tool would play pretty well the same set lists.>-

If you have watched some interviews you will find that the band speaks about being vulnerable. A lot of fans don't like to just wait and see things first hand. Fans download the 10000 days album before its out in stores, people read others reviews before listening to the music, and several fans check the set lists of past shows prior to the show in town. Many aren't vulnerable.

People go to shows with an expectation of just what the band is going to play. Some fans just let a grammaphone record of the band's set list play in their heads during a concert...

Being vulnerable during a live show means turning off your grammaphone record (your mind) and listening like you don't know whats going to be played.

It looks to me like the band is playing with the egos of some of their fans by playing the same set lists and making little changes with the list in different venues...

The intro to Third Eye was played at the Perth show but the band jumped into Jambi instead of Third eye! I bet you that Tool did that for those who were reading the set lists of the other Australian shows. The other Australia shows had Third Eye as the first song and some must of expected that Third Eye was going to play again in Perth!

That moment probably gave many peoples ego a good shake.

I don't think the band is interested in given fans whats they want but more what they need (which is a big difference).... even if that means shocking their egos a little to get a glimpse of that vulnerable space.

.... you know.... like being shocked into that insecure, vulnerable, chaotic, confused space that Leary is talking about in the intro to Third Eye (Salival Version) !!!
Old 02-11-2011, 12:30 AM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Having shared the last post, I'd like to share my opinion as to why Tool has been playing the same set list for several tours in the past.

-< I was reading some of the past reviews and it looks like several people were upset that Tool would play pretty well the same set lists.>-

If you have watched some interviews you will find that the band speaks about being vulnerable. A lot of fans don't like to just wait and see things first hand. Fans download the 10000 days album before its out in stores, people read others reviews before listening to the music, and several fans check the set lists of past shows prior to the show in town. Many aren't vulnerable.

People go to shows with an expectation of just what the band is going to play. Some fans just let a grammaphone record of the band's set list play in their heads during a concert...

Being vulnerable during a live show means turning off your grammaphone record (your mind) and listening like you don't know whats going to be played.

It looks to me like the band is playing with the egos of some of their fans by playing the same set lists and making little changes with the list in different venues...

The intro to Third Eye was played at the Perth show but the band jumped into Jambi instead of Third eye! I bet you that Tool did that for those who were reading the set lists of the other Australian shows. The other Australia shows had Third Eye as the first song and some must of expected that Third Eye was going to play again in Perth!

That moment probably gave many peoples ego a good shake.

I don't think the band is interested in given fans whats they want but more what they need (which is a big difference).... even if that means shocking their egos a little to get a glimpse of that vulnerable space.

.... you know.... like being shocked into that insecure, vulnerable, chaotic, confused space that Leary is talking about in the intro to Third Eye (Salival Version) !!!
merkaboy
02-11-2011, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyometronguts View Post

ahh...well that's dissapointing, i dont go to dime. but if someone wants to up it to zomb or trade to me directly i'd suuuure appreciate it :)

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
Old 02-11-2011, 02:21 AM   #11
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyometronguts View Post

ahh...well that's dissapointing, i dont go to dime. but if someone wants to up it to zomb or trade to me directly i'd suuuure appreciate it :)

8/21/98 * 8/5/01 * 8/6/01 * 8/7/01 * 8/8/01 * 11/6/01 * 11/8/01 * 7/20/02 * 10/2/02 * 10/3/02 * 5/2/06 * 8/27/06 * 12/4/07 * 12/5/07 * 12/7/07 * 12/8/07 * 7/19/09 * 6/28/10 * 6/29/10 * 7/9/10 * 7/10/10 * 7/13/10
T3rdEyeVisual's Avatar T3rdEyeVisual
02-12-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prem Kala View Post

Brother, that was deep. I hear you, but maybe not at the same depth. Would be interesting to share a cup of tea with you. Rock on.

A M E N ! ! !
Old 02-12-2011, 10:04 AM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prem Kala View Post

Brother, that was deep. I hear you, but maybe not at the same depth. Would be interesting to share a cup of tea with you. Rock on.

A M E N ! ! !
Aware
02-12-2011, 09:17 PM

This was my first time seeing Tool and I had a great time. I was smiling all the way home on the train. My version of the set list:

Jambi
Flood
The Pot
Vicarious
Lateralus (extended)
The Patient
Schism
Aenema
Stinkfist

Justin got the crowd going before Lateralus by clapping to the beat of Adam's intro riff just before he started. I really wanted them to play this song so it got me pumped.

Near the end of the extended part of Lateralus, Maynard held up two sheets of paper which I think had '62' written on them and pointed them at Danny after he did a pretty long solo. Does anyone know what that meant?

Around Schism Maynard said that they were just going to keep playing until they were told to stop. I think they started a bit later than they should have after Rammstein but they finished about 10:30 so that was some consolation for Perth not having a side show.

The visuals were pretty impressive. They had one large screen behind the stage and two smaller ones on either side. For the songs that they have videos they played them somewhat edited I think and the rest was stuff I haven't seen before. There was a nice laser setup too.

I don't know if it was just me, but was the sound extremely muddy for everyone else? There were sections that were so bad it was just like a loud drone.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

This was my first time seeing Tool and I had a great time. I was smiling all the way home on the train. My version of the set list:

Jambi
Flood
The Pot
Vicarious
Lateralus (extended)
The Patient
Schism
Aenema
Stinkfist

Justin got the crowd going before Lateralus by clapping to the beat of Adam's intro riff just before he started. I really wanted them to play this song so it got me pumped.

Near the end of the extended part of Lateralus, Maynard held up two sheets of paper which I think had '62' written on them and pointed them at Danny after he did a pretty long solo. Does anyone know what that meant?

Around Schism Maynard said that they were just going to keep playing until they were told to stop. I think they started a bit later than they should have after Rammstein but they finished about 10:30 so that was some consolation for Perth not having a side show.

The visuals were pretty impressive. They had one large screen behind the stage and two smaller ones on either side. For the songs that they have videos they played them somewhat edited I think and the rest was stuff I haven't seen before. There was a nice laser setup too.

I don't know if it was just me, but was the sound extremely muddy for everyone else? There were sections that were so bad it was just like a loud drone.
02-12-2011, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rdEyeVisual View Post
Cool.

I'm open for tea, but you live in Philadelphia ? Isn't it cold there?

You can either come to Western Australia for some good peppermint tea or better yet meet me for a Chai in India later in the year ;)

I don't think going to Philadelphia (-2 degrees Celsius!) at the moment is my cup of tea.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rdEyeVisual View Post
Cool.

I'm open for tea, but you live in Philadelphia ? Isn't it cold there?

You can either come to Western Australia for some good peppermint tea or better yet meet me for a Chai in India later in the year ;)

I don't think going to Philadelphia (-2 degrees Celsius!) at the moment is my cup of tea.
Tiphareth
02-16-2011, 03:23 AM

Great show, first time ive been so close to the band, and first time so drunk seeing the band. AH well, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Have had plenty of other opportunities being sober and soaking it all in. Went to Melbourne show and Melbs BDO aswell, all 3 were equally as good, but I do think there was/is something wrong with the bass speaker setup at the BigDayOuts, both Melbs and Perth was very muffled.

Stoked we got The Pot, The Patient and Flood in Perth. Wouldve loved Intolerance, maybe one day. Great to see Maynard happier and moving around more this tour, makes for a great experience.
The '62' thing i always assumed was Maynard rating Danny, cos it was always fter a drum solo or sumthin, but most the time ive seen this tour he's always done '62' and nothing else, so maybe theres more to it.
Surprising we got 46&2, think that was the only time they played it this tour (in saying that, this has been on Tool's setlists more than any other song in the last 10 years pretty much)
Great show thou, Maynard was pretty spot on, i though he'd struggle, visuals amazing as usual.
Thanks again lads.

Just waiting for the album now...

Trav
Jan 31st '07
Feb 4th '07
Jan 30th '11
Feb 2nd '11
Feb 6th '11
Old 02-16-2011, 03:23 AM   #15
Level 3 - Talker

Great show, first time ive been so close to the band, and first time so drunk seeing the band. AH well, thoroughly enjoyed myself. Have had plenty of other opportunities being sober and soaking it all in. Went to Melbourne show and Melbs BDO aswell, all 3 were equally as good, but I do think there was/is something wrong with the bass speaker setup at the BigDayOuts, both Melbs and Perth was very muffled.

Stoked we got The Pot, The Patient and Flood in Perth. Wouldve loved Intolerance, maybe one day. Great to see Maynard happier and moving around more this tour, makes for a great experience.
The '62' thing i always assumed was Maynard rating Danny, cos it was always fter a drum solo or sumthin, but most the time ive seen this tour he's always done '62' and nothing else, so maybe theres more to it.
Surprising we got 46&2, think that was the only time they played it this tour (in saying that, this has been on Tool's setlists more than any other song in the last 10 years pretty much)
Great show thou, Maynard was pretty spot on, i though he'd struggle, visuals amazing as usual.
Thanks again lads.

Just waiting for the album now...

Trav
Jan 31st '07
Feb 4th '07
Jan 30th '11
Feb 2nd '11
Feb 6th '11
travelesco
10-12-2011, 02:13 AM

and indeed lit up.
Old 10-12-2011, 02:13 AM   #16
Level 1 - Lurker

and indeed lit up.
11-08-2011, 02:24 PM

I loved the set list here. The sound was also pretty amazing. Some of the other shows in Oz have had questionable speakers and sound. I was so happy to hear The Pot and Lateralus, even extended as it was. Maynard's talking did throw me off. He was very quiet during the APC shows.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:24 PM   #17
Level 2 - Poster

I loved the set list here. The sound was also pretty amazing. Some of the other shows in Oz have had questionable speakers and sound. I was so happy to hear The Pot and Lateralus, even extended as it was. Maynard's talking did throw me off. He was very quiet during the APC shows.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply