Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Concert Reviews: Nov-Dec 2007
User Name
Password
marcus's Avatar marcus
11-08-2007, 01:04 AM

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:04 AM   #1
Gearhead

Bincount™: 3077
Nov 25 Billings, MT Metrapark Arena

*DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW!
junior
11-25-2007, 05:49 PM

anyone who is going to tonights show should be advised that Trans Am did not make it and Tool will be onstage around 8:30.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 25 Billings, MT Metrapark Arena

anyone who is going to tonights show should be advised that Trans Am did not make it and Tool will be onstage around 8:30.
OFFLINE |  
junior
11-25-2007, 11:39 PM

Trans Am took a wrong turn somewhere (not Albuquerque) and ended up on a closed winter road. They arrived in Billings at about 11:30pm.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:39 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Trans Am took a wrong turn somewhere (not Albuquerque) and ended up on a closed winter road. They arrived in Billings at about 11:30pm.
OFFLINE |  
mungbuddy's Avatar mungbuddy
11-26-2007, 01:31 AM

Set list is same as all others, band played really well, visualizations kick fucken ass. Vocals were too low and I dont think Maynard liked the crowd, he said something in the begining but I couldnt hear and then..."thanks for commen out tonight" but i dont blame him one bit. Drunk frat boys moshing, not shutten the fuck up, not sold out, people fighting...blah blah blah, however there were some old school fans so that was good to see. Shitty deal about Trans Am i was looken forward to hearen em. I dunno if it was me, the crowd, the venue or what but it seems like they are just goin through the motions. Bummer.

Oh yea and who the fuck is in charge of their touring schedual. Thats the most back and forth ass backward thing I have ever seen. Denver, Wyoming, then all the way down past denver again to SLC, then pass all those other cities again and go to Montana, then go up to Canada then back into Montana...etc. It doesnt seem like the smartest thing to do. I dunno something I just thought of.

Last edited by mungbuddy; 11-26-2007 at 01:44 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 01:31 AM   #4
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 78

Set list is same as all others, band played really well, visualizations kick fucken ass. Vocals were too low and I dont think Maynard liked the crowd, he said something in the begining but I couldnt hear and then..."thanks for commen out tonight" but i dont blame him one bit. Drunk frat boys moshing, not shutten the fuck up, not sold out, people fighting...blah blah blah, however there were some old school fans so that was good to see. Shitty deal about Trans Am i was looken forward to hearen em. I dunno if it was me, the crowd, the venue or what but it seems like they are just goin through the motions. Bummer.

Oh yea and who the fuck is in charge of their touring schedual. Thats the most back and forth ass backward thing I have ever seen. Denver, Wyoming, then all the way down past denver again to SLC, then pass all those other cities again and go to Montana, then go up to Canada then back into Montana...etc. It doesnt seem like the smartest thing to do. I dunno something I just thought of.

Last edited by mungbuddy; 11-26-2007 at 01:44 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Blarneystoned
11-26-2007, 03:03 AM

Thought the show sounded great. Started out a little loud but settled down. Sucked Trans Am didn't show, was also looking forward to seeing them. Lots of empty seats unfortunately. Lots of people in Bozeman thought the show sold out. Told them it wasn't, but some people's children. Second time seeing the boys. Just as good as the last, if not better. Happy it happened with the Raiders beating the Chefs. All around good day.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:03 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Thought the show sounded great. Started out a little loud but settled down. Sucked Trans Am didn't show, was also looking forward to seeing them. Lots of empty seats unfortunately. Lots of people in Bozeman thought the show sold out. Told them it wasn't, but some people's children. Second time seeing the boys. Just as good as the last, if not better. Happy it happened with the Raiders beating the Chefs. All around good day.
OFFLINE |  
chris_654
11-26-2007, 10:53 AM

I'm not sure what happened with Trans Am- everyone was expecting them to come on at 8, but by the time 8:30 rolled around nobody was onstage. I didn't realize until Tool walked on around 8:35 that none of Trans Am's gear was set up, so I assume they weren't planning on playing at all. But I'm glad they didn't try to come on half an hour late... I don't think the crowd would've been very kind.

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) ions (briefly)/Stinkfist
Forty-six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Nothing unexpected as far as the set goes. I was a good 30 feet from the stage so that may have affected sound quality for me, but it became aural mud quite a bit. Maynard's vocals were mixed pretty low throughout and was completely inaudible in some places (though on Lateralus it seemed to have worked out).

Maynard came out wearing a hunter orange Puscifer sweatshirt, cowboy hat, and cowboy boots. He's probably done that everywhere else, but I thought it was funny, being the tail end of hunting season here. Seemed like he was enjoying himself, even talked to the crowd a bit ("Mon-fucking-tana!" "How're you guys tonight?", etc). Adam (pig-tails and all) on the other hand, looked bored as shit the entire time. And just before starting Wings, Maynard said something but I couldn't make it out. Something with "please don't... ... Please". I think "mosh", maybe for that song specifically? That's the only logical thing I could come up with...

Anyways, before going into Vicarious, Maynard said, "Thanks for coming out, we'll see you again real soon." And after finishing, the band gathered at front stage, shook hand/hugged, and left smiling. Decide for yourself whether that was an act or not, but I really didn't get the impression that the band had a problem with the crowd. Seemed like a good show.

This being my first Tool show, I was pretty in awe of the whole thing. Wings and Lateralus were absolutely jaw-dropping, with the screen displays/lasers... The closest thing to a religious experience I've ever had.

Last edited by chris_654; 11-26-2007 at 10:55 AM..
Old 11-26-2007, 10:53 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

I'm not sure what happened with Trans Am- everyone was expecting them to come on at 8, but by the time 8:30 rolled around nobody was onstage. I didn't realize until Tool walked on around 8:35 that none of Trans Am's gear was set up, so I assume they weren't planning on playing at all. But I'm glad they didn't try to come on half an hour late... I don't think the crowd would've been very kind.

Setlist:

Jambi
(-) ions (briefly)/Stinkfist
Forty-six & 2
Schism
Rosetta Stoned
Flood
Wings for Marie/10,000 Days
Lateralus
Vicarious

Nothing unexpected as far as the set goes. I was a good 30 feet from the stage so that may have affected sound quality for me, but it became aural mud quite a bit. Maynard's vocals were mixed pretty low throughout and was completely inaudible in some places (though on Lateralus it seemed to have worked out).

Maynard came out wearing a hunter orange Puscifer sweatshirt, cowboy hat, and cowboy boots. He's probably done that everywhere else, but I thought it was funny, being the tail end of hunting season here. Seemed like he was enjoying himself, even talked to the crowd a bit ("Mon-fucking-tana!" "How're you guys tonight?", etc). Adam (pig-tails and all) on the other hand, looked bored as shit the entire time. And just before starting Wings, Maynard said something but I couldn't make it out. Something with "please don't... ... Please". I think "mosh", maybe for that song specifically? That's the only logical thing I could come up with...

Anyways, before going into Vicarious, Maynard said, "Thanks for coming out, we'll see you again real soon." And after finishing, the band gathered at front stage, shook hand/hugged, and left smiling. Decide for yourself whether that was an act or not, but I really didn't get the impression that the band had a problem with the crowd. Seemed like a good show.

This being my first Tool show, I was pretty in awe of the whole thing. Wings and Lateralus were absolutely jaw-dropping, with the screen displays/lasers... The closest thing to a religious experience I've ever had.

Last edited by chris_654; 11-26-2007 at 10:55 AM..
OFFLINE |  
aurie
11-26-2007, 11:33 AM

We started near the back of the floor after a bit of a rough weekend and the sound was by far the best right at the mixing table. As the music drew us closer and closer to the stage the sound became more and more muttled. Particularly the vocals which were all but inaudible during wings and 10000 days. I'd say it was a good show, not great but good.

I saw tool last time they were in the Metra years back and that was a better show I'd say. I think this owes to the tempo of the music. 10000 days is a very mellow record when copmpared directly to lateralus and the show has the same attitude. The laser show however makes up for in a way the pace of the music as you can drift into the experience more so than having to watch out for flying folding chairs.

Two last things. It would have been nice to have had a bit of an extended setlist since we got no opening band. I understand that it wasn't tool's fault that trans am got lost driving from SLC to Billings(????), but 48 bucks is a bit steep for just under 2 hours of music. Just a thought from one guy. Lastly, what MJK said before wings was "Please not flash photography on this side, no flash photography, please." As some jackass shot a huge flash photo right in the middle of the intro to the song. Cheers.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:33 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

We started near the back of the floor after a bit of a rough weekend and the sound was by far the best right at the mixing table. As the music drew us closer and closer to the stage the sound became more and more muttled. Particularly the vocals which were all but inaudible during wings and 10000 days. I'd say it was a good show, not great but good.

I saw tool last time they were in the Metra years back and that was a better show I'd say. I think this owes to the tempo of the music. 10000 days is a very mellow record when copmpared directly to lateralus and the show has the same attitude. The laser show however makes up for in a way the pace of the music as you can drift into the experience more so than having to watch out for flying folding chairs.

Two last things. It would have been nice to have had a bit of an extended setlist since we got no opening band. I understand that it wasn't tool's fault that trans am got lost driving from SLC to Billings(????), but 48 bucks is a bit steep for just under 2 hours of music. Just a thought from one guy. Lastly, what MJK said before wings was "Please not flash photography on this side, no flash photography, please." As some jackass shot a huge flash photo right in the middle of the intro to the song. Cheers.
OFFLINE |  
chris_654
11-26-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurie View Post
Lastly, what MJK said before wings was "Please not flash photography on this side, no flash photography, please."
Ah, thank you. Yeah, I love how venues post "no cameras" (mostly for that reason) and then allow cell-phones that do exactly the same thing... *sigh*
Old 11-26-2007, 03:14 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurie View Post
Lastly, what MJK said before wings was "Please not flash photography on this side, no flash photography, please."
Ah, thank you. Yeah, I love how venues post "no cameras" (mostly for that reason) and then allow cell-phones that do exactly the same thing... *sigh*
OFFLINE |  
soreal
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM

18th show and loved every second of it. stood in front of the soundboard on the floor and it sounded really good.

most amazing performance of lateralus i have heard, i thought it was great that the trans am drummer didnt come out cause i always thought that kinda ruined the most amazing song. danny tore it up by himself to say the least, really really awesome.

at the start of wings maynard asked very ver y nicely please please no flash photos, then what do you know, idiots using flash, fuckin stupid, i mean the flash doesnt even do anything.

over all had a great time, worth the 8 hour drive for sure.

see you in spokane and everett!
Old 11-26-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

18th show and loved every second of it. stood in front of the soundboard on the floor and it sounded really good.

most amazing performance of lateralus i have heard, i thought it was great that the trans am drummer didnt come out cause i always thought that kinda ruined the most amazing song. danny tore it up by himself to say the least, really really awesome.

at the start of wings maynard asked very ver y nicely please please no flash photos, then what do you know, idiots using flash, fuckin stupid, i mean the flash doesnt even do anything.

over all had a great time, worth the 8 hour drive for sure.

see you in spokane and everett!
OFFLINE |  
dissected-detcessid's Avatar dissected-detcessid
11-26-2007, 06:36 PM

I thought it was good, no extra drummer was nice, Danny made that solo his bitch. They didn't seem very into it like everyone mentioned, but they were nice, that that was good.
The laser show was better than I remembered from the last show I saw.
Lateralus was the best one, the ending was beyond orgasmic.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:36 PM   #10
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I thought it was good, no extra drummer was nice, Danny made that solo his bitch. They didn't seem very into it like everyone mentioned, but they were nice, that that was good.
The laser show was better than I remembered from the last show I saw.
Lateralus was the best one, the ending was beyond orgasmic.
OFFLINE |  
jenebee
11-26-2007, 08:31 PM

My first TOOL show and I hope it won't be my last! I had an awesome time. I didn't care that there was no opening band, I didn't come to see them anyway. I didn't mind the moshing either, except that my fiesty little five foot tall sister kept trying to jump in and I was scared she'd get squashed and then we'd have to leave to take her to the E.R. or something. I've been disappointed all day knowing that everywhere I go and everything I do, I am no longer rocking out at the show! Really listening to the music is like having a personal relationship with Maynard, more intimate than sex. He dips into your soul and then sings it to you. Experiencing that in concert, surrounded by a thousand people who feel the same way is surreal. I loved, loved, loved it! If I wasn't a broke single mother with all of my finals the week of the Missoula show, I would be there in a heartbeat! Montana loves Tool, even if they don't love us back...we're kind of like stalkers that way!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:31 PM   #11
Level 1 - Lurker

My first TOOL show and I hope it won't be my last! I had an awesome time. I didn't care that there was no opening band, I didn't come to see them anyway. I didn't mind the moshing either, except that my fiesty little five foot tall sister kept trying to jump in and I was scared she'd get squashed and then we'd have to leave to take her to the E.R. or something. I've been disappointed all day knowing that everywhere I go and everything I do, I am no longer rocking out at the show! Really listening to the music is like having a personal relationship with Maynard, more intimate than sex. He dips into your soul and then sings it to you. Experiencing that in concert, surrounded by a thousand people who feel the same way is surreal. I loved, loved, loved it! If I wasn't a broke single mother with all of my finals the week of the Missoula show, I would be there in a heartbeat! Montana loves Tool, even if they don't love us back...we're kind of like stalkers that way!
OFFLINE |  
thirdillusion's Avatar thirdillusion
11-26-2007, 08:49 PM

did anyone else see a guy fall off the balcony?
Old 11-26-2007, 08:49 PM   #12
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 2

did anyone else see a guy fall off the balcony?
11-26-2007, 09:08 PM

The group I was with saw him on the ground with blood around his head. I think it took 15-20 minutes to stabilize him. It was weird because later in the show on the screens was an image of a body with blood around the head. Eerie. Nothing in the paper though.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:08 PM   #13
Level 1 - Lurker

The group I was with saw him on the ground with blood around his head. I think it took 15-20 minutes to stabilize him. It was weird because later in the show on the screens was an image of a body with blood around the head. Eerie. Nothing in the paper though.
OFFLINE |  
soreal
11-26-2007, 09:34 PM

i didnt even see it happen but heard about it after the show.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

i didnt even see it happen but heard about it after the show.
OFFLINE |  
JOHNBLAZE
11-27-2007, 07:57 AM

AMAZING SHOW!!!!! SOREAL IS RIGHT THAT WAS THE BEST VERSION OF LATERALUS I HAVE EVER HEARD OR SEEN!!!! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL TO SAY THE LEAST! I DID SEE THE GUY FALL OFF OF THE BALCONY I WALKED INTO THE G.A. AREA AND SEEN HIM LYING ON THE GROUND TWITCHING IT WAS CRAZY. OVERALL A REALLY GOOD SHOW DEFININTLY WORTH THE 8 HOUR DRIVE!!!!

MON-FUCKING-TANA
Old 11-27-2007, 07:57 AM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

AMAZING SHOW!!!!! SOREAL IS RIGHT THAT WAS THE BEST VERSION OF LATERALUS I HAVE EVER HEARD OR SEEN!!!! IT WAS BEAUTIFUL TO SAY THE LEAST! I DID SEE THE GUY FALL OFF OF THE BALCONY I WALKED INTO THE G.A. AREA AND SEEN HIM LYING ON THE GROUND TWITCHING IT WAS CRAZY. OVERALL A REALLY GOOD SHOW DEFININTLY WORTH THE 8 HOUR DRIVE!!!!

MON-FUCKING-TANA
OFFLINE |  
Dross
11-27-2007, 09:59 AM

Excellent performance by Tool, but a very shitty crowd in the pit. It's those drunk college fucksticks moshing during Adam's solo in Schism! Assholes.

The only reason I was in GA was because the ticket system would not let me order anything but GA or nosebleeds. I couldn't get through on the phone line either. This was all during the first 15 minutes of ordering. I thought everything was selling out like crazy so I ordered the GA tickets. Then we show up and there's a shitload of empty seats and good ones too! This was a big mess up by the Metrapark IMO.

The sound was almost perfect other than the vocals being too low. It wasn't ear bleeding loud at least.

The lights and lasers were excellent. That was something completely new for me.

The setlist was awesome. Finally I got to hear 10,000 days even if a good portion of the crowd doesn't know the song because of their low attention span. The extended versions of Stinkfist, Schism and Vicarious were sweet! They also played Flood and it was cool seeing their dynamics there. Lateralus was the bomb and always will be for me. I wish they would have played a few more songs, but I can't blame them as parts of the pit were complete shitheads.

I have to say the previous show in Billings was a lot better, but mostly because of the crowd. Plus they just played more songs. Nothing beats the tripple threat of Disposition, Reflection and Triad followed by the song Lateralus.

Looking forward to Missoula! I've got awesome seats there.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #16
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 6

Excellent performance by Tool, but a very shitty crowd in the pit. It's those drunk college fucksticks moshing during Adam's solo in Schism! Assholes.

The only reason I was in GA was because the ticket system would not let me order anything but GA or nosebleeds. I couldn't get through on the phone line either. This was all during the first 15 minutes of ordering. I thought everything was selling out like crazy so I ordered the GA tickets. Then we show up and there's a shitload of empty seats and good ones too! This was a big mess up by the Metrapark IMO.

The sound was almost perfect other than the vocals being too low. It wasn't ear bleeding loud at least.

The lights and lasers were excellent. That was something completely new for me.

The setlist was awesome. Finally I got to hear 10,000 days even if a good portion of the crowd doesn't know the song because of their low attention span. The extended versions of Stinkfist, Schism and Vicarious were sweet! They also played Flood and it was cool seeing their dynamics there. Lateralus was the bomb and always will be for me. I wish they would have played a few more songs, but I can't blame them as parts of the pit were complete shitheads.

I have to say the previous show in Billings was a lot better, but mostly because of the crowd. Plus they just played more songs. Nothing beats the tripple threat of Disposition, Reflection and Triad followed by the song Lateralus.

Looking forward to Missoula! I've got awesome seats there.
OFFLINE |  
Queen B's Avatar Queen B
11-27-2007, 10:26 PM

The show was absolutely AMAZING!!! I think I'm about the only one relieved that Trans Am did NOT show up----I saw TOOL and Trans Am just on the 23rd before the billings show- I wasn't too impressed.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw Adam looked unimpressed.
And any TOOL fan should know just how MUCH maynard fucking hates flash photography I think that's one of the biggest ordeal over no cameras- which with all those lights yes flash photography is pointless coming from a photographer myself.

It seemed like Maynard responded a bit more to the show the last time they were here 2002. He didn't talk much in Casper either.

The mosh pit was a bit intense- I had fun but I did have to pull myself out for a bit people thought i was going to puke- so not the case, the case was I was about to lose my damn pants from all the people stepping on them.

All in All I do hope TOOL comes back real soon and was not disappointed too much. I know the crowd was very shitty not a lot of people metra didn't open up to have the pull out bleachers...why??? Why would people think the show was sold out, hell they were selling tickets for 25 bucks trying to get people to buy them.

I did not see the guy fall off the balcony. That's pretty shitty though, hope he's alright.

Last edited by Queen B; 11-27-2007 at 11:08 PM..
Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

The show was absolutely AMAZING!!! I think I'm about the only one relieved that Trans Am did NOT show up----I saw TOOL and Trans Am just on the 23rd before the billings show- I wasn't too impressed.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw Adam looked unimpressed.
And any TOOL fan should know just how MUCH maynard fucking hates flash photography I think that's one of the biggest ordeal over no cameras- which with all those lights yes flash photography is pointless coming from a photographer myself.

It seemed like Maynard responded a bit more to the show the last time they were here 2002. He didn't talk much in Casper either.

The mosh pit was a bit intense- I had fun but I did have to pull myself out for a bit people thought i was going to puke- so not the case, the case was I was about to lose my damn pants from all the people stepping on them.

All in All I do hope TOOL comes back real soon and was not disappointed too much. I know the crowd was very shitty not a lot of people metra didn't open up to have the pull out bleachers...why??? Why would people think the show was sold out, hell they were selling tickets for 25 bucks trying to get people to buy them.

I did not see the guy fall off the balcony. That's pretty shitty though, hope he's alright.

Last edited by Queen B; 11-27-2007 at 11:08 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Sdr_27
11-29-2007, 08:45 PM

Yes.. Great show... I did see them in Casper two days prior to Billings...They were both fantastic, set list the same however no Trans-am in MT...I thought the sound was a little better in Casper.
Oh,,, and I have gone to many shows in many places and I can say first hand the crowd in Billings has always been a little rough...
I also did see the guy fall off the bacony as I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HIM.. he did not look good, infact I never saw him twich, after about 5 min of checking pulse the EMT's just rolled him over loaded him up and off they went, there was alot of blood and there was no doubt he had a huge head injury, to be honest I don't think there was any life left in him.

Hope I am wrong.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:45 PM   #18
Level 1 - Lurker

Yes.. Great show... I did see them in Casper two days prior to Billings...They were both fantastic, set list the same however no Trans-am in MT...I thought the sound was a little better in Casper.
Oh,,, and I have gone to many shows in many places and I can say first hand the crowd in Billings has always been a little rough...
I also did see the guy fall off the bacony as I WAS RIGHT NEXT TO HIM.. he did not look good, infact I never saw him twich, after about 5 min of checking pulse the EMT's just rolled him over loaded him up and off they went, there was alot of blood and there was no doubt he had a huge head injury, to be honest I don't think there was any life left in him.

Hope I am wrong.
OFFLINE |  
Queen B's Avatar Queen B
11-29-2007, 10:05 PM

Man that really sucks- I wonder how in the world he fell off the darn balcony??? How does one do that unless they're literally trashed or something. Where did he fall off at I was more towards the left side where Maynard and Adam was.
Billings- wasn't pretty tame at Rob Zombie and Ozzy Osbourne though. Casper was very tame, and I agree the sound was better there.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:05 PM   #19
Level 4 - Thinker

Man that really sucks- I wonder how in the world he fell off the darn balcony??? How does one do that unless they're literally trashed or something. Where did he fall off at I was more towards the left side where Maynard and Adam was.
Billings- wasn't pretty tame at Rob Zombie and Ozzy Osbourne though. Casper was very tame, and I agree the sound was better there.
OFFLINE |  
Sdr_27
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM

He fell off the balcony on the left at the back of the floor sec. (if you are lookng at the stage..close the the vendors
There did not seem to be anybody concerned above him...so I think he may have just ran down from the upper section and jumped over the rail...unfortunetly he landed n his head Face down..

on another note I am thinking of heading up to Missoula, MT for a third show...also did you see the couple of boys on stage before the show started? )looking at equip and drums) that was my sons band members..we got signed drum lids / sticks and vip passes....bummer we were not able to meet the band :(....but still got cool stuff
Old 11-30-2007, 04:36 PM   #20
Level 1 - Lurker

He fell off the balcony on the left at the back of the floor sec. (if you are lookng at the stage..close the the vendors
There did not seem to be anybody concerned above him...so I think he may have just ran down from the upper section and jumped over the rail...unfortunetly he landed n his head Face down..

on another note I am thinking of heading up to Missoula, MT for a third show...also did you see the couple of boys on stage before the show started? )looking at equip and drums) that was my sons band members..we got signed drum lids / sticks and vip passes....bummer we were not able to meet the band :(....but still got cool stuff
OFFLINE |  
Keylo
12-02-2007, 08:19 PM

The vocals were very disappointing as I couldn't hear any Maynard. When I did, IT SOUNDED LIKE A FUCKING ALBUM TRACK. Whenever Maynard was singing he assumed a position where he pretty much hid his mouth and you couldn't see what he was doing. Put his arm up in an awkward way and turned to the side, sometimes with his back to the crowd even. Did no one else notice this? Makes sense now that I read on the official website that he has a viral infection, and they are delaying shows now. I hope I'm wrong, but I think there was very little actual singing there. Totally sucks.

Adam barely moved and displayed no expression whatsoever (except when a flying beer cup almost reached the stage early on in the set. He glanced up), but I don't care because he sounded really great, as did all the band.

My favorite song was Flood, which despite its dirge-like pace seemed to evoke some energy from the band, particularly Justin.

I was about 50-60 feet from the stage, and most of the crowd around me was cool. I saw a bunch of people being foolish up front, but security seemed to be removing those fuckers. Maybe I'm wrong tho. I wanted to get seats, but like others have said, the ticket buying process was a clusterfuck, and i ended up on the floor.

I wish they would have played a slightly expanded set, and more pre-Aenima stuff. Overall they seemed to be going through the motions. But what motions they were!
Horror Movie Survival Rule #8: As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to Hell.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:19 PM   #21
Level 1 - Lurker

The vocals were very disappointing as I couldn't hear any Maynard. When I did, IT SOUNDED LIKE A FUCKING ALBUM TRACK. Whenever Maynard was singing he assumed a position where he pretty much hid his mouth and you couldn't see what he was doing. Put his arm up in an awkward way and turned to the side, sometimes with his back to the crowd even. Did no one else notice this? Makes sense now that I read on the official website that he has a viral infection, and they are delaying shows now. I hope I'm wrong, but I think there was very little actual singing there. Totally sucks.

Adam barely moved and displayed no expression whatsoever (except when a flying beer cup almost reached the stage early on in the set. He glanced up), but I don't care because he sounded really great, as did all the band.

My favorite song was Flood, which despite its dirge-like pace seemed to evoke some energy from the band, particularly Justin.

I was about 50-60 feet from the stage, and most of the crowd around me was cool. I saw a bunch of people being foolish up front, but security seemed to be removing those fuckers. Maybe I'm wrong tho. I wanted to get seats, but like others have said, the ticket buying process was a clusterfuck, and i ended up on the floor.

I wish they would have played a slightly expanded set, and more pre-Aenima stuff. Overall they seemed to be going through the motions. But what motions they were!
Horror Movie Survival Rule #8: As a general rule, don't solve puzzles that open portals to Hell.
OFFLINE |  
Queen B's Avatar Queen B
12-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdr_27 View Post

That's awesome you got some sticks and drum lids and passes shitty you didn't meet the band but that's still awesome. I did see the boys on the stage what band does he play in?

I never read anything in the paper about the guy falling and no obit's that would fit description as far as cause of death so I'm assuming he's alive.

Also I'm amazed how many VERBEL complaints I heard about this concert from people- people mad about Maynard hiding I think he was out a lot more than he was on the Lateralus tour and the complaints of what they played and didn't play people wanted more old stuff, I swear they must not be loyal fans at all.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:45 PM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdr_27 View Post

That's awesome you got some sticks and drum lids and passes shitty you didn't meet the band but that's still awesome. I did see the boys on the stage what band does he play in?

I never read anything in the paper about the guy falling and no obit's that would fit description as far as cause of death so I'm assuming he's alive.

Also I'm amazed how many VERBEL complaints I heard about this concert from people- people mad about Maynard hiding I think he was out a lot more than he was on the Lateralus tour and the complaints of what they played and didn't play people wanted more old stuff, I swear they must not be loyal fans at all.
OFFLINE |  
Queen B's Avatar Queen B
12-03-2007, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylo View Post

Nothing to me sounded like an album track- but I have read before a lot of bands will play some of the cd vocals to add for better sound but NOT rely on it however I do not know how true this is but throwing it out there anyways. There really wasn't a removal of anyone for being asshats- there was a couple the rest were girls who the crowd used it as a safety and assistant measure to get people OUT of the pit that needed it like the short lil girls who wanted to brave it but then couldn't stand it so they'd lift them up and move them toward security to be pulled out. There was a fight that lasted all of 10 seconds and security pulled them out.
Maynard didn't really seem to act out of character from the previous show I saw in Casper, at least to me.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #23
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keylo View Post

Nothing to me sounded like an album track- but I have read before a lot of bands will play some of the cd vocals to add for better sound but NOT rely on it however I do not know how true this is but throwing it out there anyways. There really wasn't a removal of anyone for being asshats- there was a couple the rest were girls who the crowd used it as a safety and assistant measure to get people OUT of the pit that needed it like the short lil girls who wanted to brave it but then couldn't stand it so they'd lift them up and move them toward security to be pulled out. There was a fight that lasted all of 10 seconds and security pulled them out.
Maynard didn't really seem to act out of character from the previous show I saw in Casper, at least to me.
OFFLINE |  
Sdr_27
12-04-2007, 05:28 PM

I agree... I was on the floor and so was my son, he was about 4 people from the barracade on the left and it was as live as the Casper show... Here are some pics.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...s/Lyndboys.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...IPpassTool.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...olDrumhead.jpg

Last edited by Sdr_27; 12-04-2007 at 05:50 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 05:28 PM   #24
Level 1 - Lurker

I agree... I was on the floor and so was my son, he was about 4 people from the barracade on the left and it was as live as the Casper show... Here are some pics.

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...s/Lyndboys.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...IPpassTool.jpg
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l1...olDrumhead.jpg

Last edited by Sdr_27; 12-04-2007 at 05:50 PM..
OFFLINE |  
Sdr_27
12-05-2007, 10:07 PM

The drummer in my son’s band wrights for his school newspaper and since they play in High school band plus Jazz band somebody contacted the school and offered them a chance to go to Billings or Casper to check out the bands set up and possibly meet the drummer…. however they did not get a chance to met anybody from the band…bummer… but as we all know there really is no party after the show. We did stick around for a bit after the show, and holy shit they had that stage tore down in an hour…it was incredible. You can just imagine what it must be like to play that many shows night after night hundreds of miles apart…they are amazing. By the way if you have seen the sound board on the floor…… they have one back stage just as big for the stage monitors.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:07 PM   #25
Level 1 - Lurker

The drummer in my son’s band wrights for his school newspaper and since they play in High school band plus Jazz band somebody contacted the school and offered them a chance to go to Billings or Casper to check out the bands set up and possibly meet the drummer…. however they did not get a chance to met anybody from the band…bummer… but as we all know there really is no party after the show. We did stick around for a bit after the show, and holy shit they had that stage tore down in an hour…it was incredible. You can just imagine what it must be like to play that many shows night after night hundreds of miles apart…they are amazing. By the way if you have seen the sound board on the floor…… they have one back stage just as big for the stage monitors.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply