46&2
schism (extended)
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
lateralus (with Danny's solo)
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 09-07-2007 at 04:40 PM..
Old 07-09-2007, 08:16 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 9070
2007/09/06 - Athens, Greece - Terra Vibe

jambi
stinkfist (extended)
46&2
schism (extended)
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
vicarious

DO NOT POST IF YOU WERE NOT AT THE SHOW

If you have a review of the show, cool, post it. Everything that is not a show review will be deleted.

Last edited by paraflux; 09-07-2007 at 04:40 PM..
OFFLINE |  
ROCKMOUSE's Avatar ROCKMOUSE
09-07-2007, 02:02 PM

jambi
stinkfist (extended)
46&2
schism (extended)
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
vicarious
Old 09-07-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
Re: 2007/09/06 - Athens, Greece - Terra Vibe

jambi
stinkfist (extended)
46&2
schism (extended)
lost keys
rosetta stoned
flood
vicarious
09-07-2007, 11:35 PM

This was my third concert on the 10,000 days tour, so I may be a little strict with my critissism...
After the first two shows of pure awe I could spot some negative aspects this time round. I actually think this was their worst performance I 've seen so far.
First of all the sound. It was really really awful. Obviously this is not tool's fault but I feel that doing all those concerts so close to its other (considering Instanbul tonight they will be playing 4 nights straight without a break), for a band like tool that has to build up a big stage like that every night, it doesn't leave them the time not only to rest but even for soundchecking (I'm 99% sure they didn't soundcheck yesterday). So you can't expect much when a band doesn't even have the time to test their equipment on site.
Secondly, the band's mood. It was very low... Apart from Justin who was moving all the time as always (and obviously Danny who is forced to move by the instrument he plays), they looked tired and bored. Ok, I 've seen them before and I know they are not the most joyful band on stage, but man... yesterday they looked like playing for them was just a duty, like ok we 're gonna play these tunes and then we 're gonna salut you and goodnight. They didn't put anything into it. Another evidence that they weren't enjoying themselves and were not very focused, were some mistakes I spotted sometimes, mainly from Adam and Justin. Maynard just said "good evening" after Jambi and then again "It's a pleasure to see you again, we 'll be back soon" (or something like that) before Vicarious. I also didn't really like his singing too. Sometimes he sang on a different key and sometimes it seemed like he was making fun of the songs, like the obvious "blah blah blah" he sang in the beginning of rosetta. The reason they are tired off course might be the fact that tonight (Turkey) is their last date for this leg and their minds are surely already on holidays, they are humans after all.
Third negative thing was... the crowd. I don't like headbanging myself, but yesterday it was like they had all fallen asleep. No feedback from the crowd at all. This might be due to the fact that it was actually pretty chilly out there and from what I saw most people were on t-shirts from the afternoon not expecting that cold later in the evening.

Ok, there were some positives too. This time I really enjoyed the visuals. They were 1 level up from what I had seen before. And the big white screen which fell off to reveal the 10,000 days artwork during rosetta was awesome.
Secondly, I liked so much "Flood". This was their best performance in my opinion, they nailed it.

Trivia
-Adam was most probably not wearing shoes
-Danny had Elton Brand's jersey
Old 09-07-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0

This was my third concert on the 10,000 days tour, so I may be a little strict with my critissism...
After the first two shows of pure awe I could spot some negative aspects this time round. I actually think this was their worst performance I 've seen so far.
First of all the sound. It was really really awful. Obviously this is not tool's fault but I feel that doing all those concerts so close to its other (considering Instanbul tonight they will be playing 4 nights straight without a break), for a band like tool that has to build up a big stage like that every night, it doesn't leave them the time not only to rest but even for soundchecking (I'm 99% sure they didn't soundcheck yesterday). So you can't expect much when a band doesn't even have the time to test their equipment on site.
Secondly, the band's mood. It was very low... Apart from Justin who was moving all the time as always (and obviously Danny who is forced to move by the instrument he plays), they looked tired and bored. Ok, I 've seen them before and I know they are not the most joyful band on stage, but man... yesterday they looked like playing for them was just a duty, like ok we 're gonna play these tunes and then we 're gonna salut you and goodnight. They didn't put anything into it. Another evidence that they weren't enjoying themselves and were not very focused, were some mistakes I spotted sometimes, mainly from Adam and Justin. Maynard just said "good evening" after Jambi and then again "It's a pleasure to see you again, we 'll be back soon" (or something like that) before Vicarious. I also didn't really like his singing too. Sometimes he sang on a different key and sometimes it seemed like he was making fun of the songs, like the obvious "blah blah blah" he sang in the beginning of rosetta. The reason they are tired off course might be the fact that tonight (Turkey) is their last date for this leg and their minds are surely already on holidays, they are humans after all.
Third negative thing was... the crowd. I don't like headbanging myself, but yesterday it was like they had all fallen asleep. No feedback from the crowd at all. This might be due to the fact that it was actually pretty chilly out there and from what I saw most people were on t-shirts from the afternoon not expecting that cold later in the evening.

Ok, there were some positives too. This time I really enjoyed the visuals. They were 1 level up from what I had seen before. And the big white screen which fell off to reveal the 10,000 days artwork during rosetta was awesome.
Secondly, I liked so much "Flood". This was their best performance in my opinion, they nailed it.

Trivia
-Adam was most probably not wearing shoes
-Danny had Elton Brand's jersey
OFFLINE |  
Beanies's Avatar Beanies
09-08-2007, 07:38 AM

This was my second concert and the show was much better than the previous in Athens on December where then the sound was unhearable. From my place the sound was very good, except the voice, but I was on the front 2 rows.

As far for the bands mood it was the same as last time, very few differences, but they didn't show anything like that they were bored, on the contrary I believe they were enjoying it (in flood and lateralus the guys were awesome) but what Tool wants to show is the music not the band itself.
Tool ain't a band to go headbanging, is a band to hear well what they play, and Tool didn's ask something to get a feedback even though people were singing most of the times loudly

The visual effects due to the fact that was an open air concert weren't so spectacular as the others on December (in a large hall)

Last time MJK just waved and went to backstage, this time he stayed there with others throwing bottles (I catched on of them)
Danny's solo was unbelievable

Final I believe that what I've seen both times is not a concert is something that elevates your emotions and your spirit and leaves something inside you for (at least) long time
Old 09-08-2007, 07:38 AM   #4
Level 1 - Lurker

This was my second concert and the show was much better than the previous in Athens on December where then the sound was unhearable. From my place the sound was very good, except the voice, but I was on the front 2 rows.

As far for the bands mood it was the same as last time, very few differences, but they didn't show anything like that they were bored, on the contrary I believe they were enjoying it (in flood and lateralus the guys were awesome) but what Tool wants to show is the music not the band itself.
Tool ain't a band to go headbanging, is a band to hear well what they play, and Tool didn's ask something to get a feedback even though people were singing most of the times loudly

The visual effects due to the fact that was an open air concert weren't so spectacular as the others on December (in a large hall)

Last time MJK just waved and went to backstage, this time he stayed there with others throwing bottles (I catched on of them)
Danny's solo was unbelievable

Final I believe that what I've seen both times is not a concert is something that elevates your emotions and your spirit and leaves something inside you for (at least) long time
OFFLINE |  
plex27
09-08-2007, 08:20 AM

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosseta Stoned
Flood (with intro)
intermission
Lateralus (ext)
Vicarious

Good show, compared with the one they played last year in an awful venue. This one was in open area, so the sound was great. Danny kicked asses! Adam, steady as usual. Justin was pretty good and got many applauses for his bass playing. Maynard seemed to be pretty good, did some dancing. His voice sound good. He only said to us " Good Evening", after the first song, and "Hope to see you again, sometime..." before the last one.
The crowd was pretty enthusiastic and cheered a lot during Flood and Lateralus.

Overall it was a good show, but the duration and the same setlist (the last tool show in athens, was the first tool show in athens ever), were the facts that kept last night's show from being something really special.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #5
Level 1 - Lurker

Jambi
Stinkfist (extended)
Forty Six & 2
Schism (extended)
Lost Keys
Rosseta Stoned
Flood (with intro)
intermission
Lateralus (ext)
Vicarious

Good show, compared with the one they played last year in an awful venue. This one was in open area, so the sound was great. Danny kicked asses! Adam, steady as usual. Justin was pretty good and got many applauses for his bass playing. Maynard seemed to be pretty good, did some dancing. His voice sound good. He only said to us " Good Evening", after the first song, and "Hope to see you again, sometime..." before the last one.
The crowd was pretty enthusiastic and cheered a lot during Flood and Lateralus.

Overall it was a good show, but the duration and the same setlist (the last tool show in athens, was the first tool show in athens ever), were the facts that kept last night's show from being something really special.
OFFLINE |  
beauty_in_dissonance
09-09-2007, 07:54 AM

Pure perfection
http://www.avopolis.gr/live/default.asp?ID=882
perpetual hard on
the greatest show on earth
Old 09-09-2007, 07:54 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

Pure perfection
http://www.avopolis.gr/live/default.asp?ID=882
perpetual hard on
the greatest show on earth
OFFLINE |  
doctor's Avatar doctor
09-09-2007, 11:18 AM

I never thought that I'd say this, but I enjoyed the December show more than this one.OK we knew that the setlist would be almost the same but I think that Maynard and Justin were not much into it.Maynard's voice was barely audible too.However Danny was simply amazing and I couldn't stop staring at him.Adam was also very good.In fact he is a much better guitar player than i thought.The Jambi solo was his personal highlight.

All in all good show but i expect more from TooL

PS:Flood was by far the highlight.They nailed it
Old 09-09-2007, 11:18 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

I never thought that I'd say this, but I enjoyed the December show more than this one.OK we knew that the setlist would be almost the same but I think that Maynard and Justin were not much into it.Maynard's voice was barely audible too.However Danny was simply amazing and I couldn't stop staring at him.Adam was also very good.In fact he is a much better guitar player than i thought.The Jambi solo was his personal highlight.

All in all good show but i expect more from TooL

PS:Flood was by far the highlight.They nailed it
OFFLINE |  
Kr0n0z
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM

That was my 2nd tool experience and I got to say the following. Even though this show had crystal clear sound and great view of the scene and all the things that we missed from the first show, it wasn't as bewilder as the first show because we knew what to expect from it. I have to say that the sound was the best I have heared in my life and I've been in many concerts since 1996. I don't think that its possible to see a better live show from another group ever, its more than music and headbanging, its .. emotional, spiritual, like a worship to something that u dont know what it is, its from the inside u cant Discuss it u just feel it.
Untill the next time
Old 09-09-2007, 05:30 PM   #8
Level 1 - Lurker

That was my 2nd tool experience and I got to say the following. Even though this show had crystal clear sound and great view of the scene and all the things that we missed from the first show, it wasn't as bewilder as the first show because we knew what to expect from it. I have to say that the sound was the best I have heared in my life and I've been in many concerts since 1996. I don't think that its possible to see a better live show from another group ever, its more than music and headbanging, its .. emotional, spiritual, like a worship to something that u dont know what it is, its from the inside u cant Discuss it u just feel it.
Untill the next time
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply