opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Poetry & Prose
User Name
Password
Old 05-19-2019, 08:12 AM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 0
Nothing Remains

The reaper slowly reels me in. . . with his feet kicked up and the smoke of tobacco blowing briskly out of his pursed lips.

A fisher of dead men. He whistles a slow, sad tune, blinks, and taps the tobacco's ashes into the swampy bilgewater that sludges up against his unsinkable vessel.

I am a fish without fight. I swim naively with the relentless current that carries me forward. I am simply beckoned by the flexing phalanges of an ossiferous supinated hand that extends abruptly out of a dark black hole , sans hook line and sinker, just magnetized towards this concept that will eventually materialize in some unique fashion.

Fuuuuuuuckkkkkk. It's not important. It doesn't matter. Does it? You'll live and then you'll die and everything you experienced becomes null, void, vapor and fumes that hover imperceptibly above a scalding hot blacktop . . The pavement of spacetime. . . Heated by the eye that peers upon it. . . Only activated and present because it is gazed upon by an observer . . .some penultimate witness . . Not last . .but second to last. . . For when the seer is no longer there to see, then nothing will remain . . And nothing is the final form that cannot be abolished and cannot be destroyed or removed or remembered or forgotten. . . Nothing can be there . .alone and content . .just the presence of absolutley nothing.

The presence of nothing. Nothing can be present. And maybe that consoles me. As a minimum, the presence of nothing is something that gives me peace. For at least the nothing being there is something. And it is peaceful.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: