Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » General Discussion
User Name
Password
Malaclypse
10-18-2014, 09:27 PM

maybe Maynard had a dentist appointment on the day of Adam's wedding. you cant miss those or you'll go blind.
Old 10-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #1721
Banned.

Bincount™: 0
Re: General Tool Discussion

maybe Maynard had a dentist appointment on the day of Adam's wedding. you cant miss those or you'll go blind.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
10-19-2014, 08:15 AM

Maynard's parrot ate the invitation.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:15 AM   #1722
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Maynard's parrot ate the invitation.
J A G's Avatar J A G
10-19-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
So people like to speculate. My theory is that Maynard and Adam get along just fine. They're probably not BFF's though.

Maynard and Adam have lived in different states for many years now. They probably only see each other on tour, and maybe a few other times during the year when the band hooks up to discuss business. Sure they've been through a lot together in the past, but that's no sure sign that they're still close. Close enough to invite to a wedding anyway.

Anyway, this speculation is going nowhere fast...
Nah, this speculation is going nowhere slow.

More analysis is definitely required.
Old 10-19-2014, 09:33 AM   #1723

Bincount™: 7676

Quote:
So people like to speculate. My theory is that Maynard and Adam get along just fine. They're probably not BFF's though.

Maynard and Adam have lived in different states for many years now. They probably only see each other on tour, and maybe a few other times during the year when the band hooks up to discuss business. Sure they've been through a lot together in the past, but that's no sure sign that they're still close. Close enough to invite to a wedding anyway.

Anyway, this speculation is going nowhere fast...
Nah, this speculation is going nowhere slow.

More analysis is definitely required.
jwb's Avatar jwb
10-20-2014, 01:56 PM

Getting back on topic, Tool tours.
I'm predicting if they lose their case against Clarendon National Insurance Company, they'll go on a mini tour to pay the bills, if not, no tour until after the new record is finished.
Old 10-20-2014, 01:56 PM   #1724
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1

Getting back on topic, Tool tours.
I'm predicting if they lose their case against Clarendon National Insurance Company, they'll go on a mini tour to pay the bills, if not, no tour until after the new record is finished.
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
10-20-2014, 02:14 PM

I don't think there will be any more tours until the new album is done regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #1725
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

I don't think there will be any more tours until the new album is done regardless of the outcome of the lawsuit.
10-20-2014, 02:16 PM

i didnt realize who they were in lawsuit with. any idea what its about? i found a 26 page doc through google talking about it, im just now starting to read it
Old 10-20-2014, 02:16 PM   #1726
Banned.

i didnt realize who they were in lawsuit with. any idea what its about? i found a 26 page doc through google talking about it, im just now starting to read it
jwb's Avatar jwb
10-20-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
Fourtheye has it summarized pretty well.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #1727
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Fourtheye has it summarized pretty well.
jwb's Avatar jwb
10-20-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I guess it depends. I have no idea what amount of money we are talking about. I'm assuming millions since it has gone on for so many years, but who knows. U2 has pretty much said they make little money for an album, but bank big dollars for a tour.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #1728
jwb
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
I guess it depends. I have no idea what amount of money we are talking about. I'm assuming millions since it has gone on for so many years, but who knows. U2 has pretty much said they make little money for an album, but bank big dollars for a tour.
10-20-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Here's a good summary that I posted via Fourtheye last week:

http://trademarknerd.com/spiraling-o...ools-lawsuits/

Last edited by hellboy1975; 10-20-2014 at 03:30 PM..
Old 10-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #1729
crows before hoes

Quote:

Last edited by hellboy1975; 10-20-2014 at 03:30 PM..
10-20-2014, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I'm sure Tool make a decent amount of money when they tour, and that was some motivation behind recent tours. That said, I doubt it's all about the money. I'd be surprised if they needed the money to get through these current legal issues. I suspect the touring in the last few years has been more opportunistic (mainly due to the Ozzfest in Japan in 2013 and the Tajin Festival in Mexico earlier this year).

It's also worth remembering there's more to Tool than just the four band members. If they want to hang on to guitar techs, drum tech, lighting guys, etc. they probably need to throw them a line more than once every 8 years.

I don't think we should worry too much about Tool's financial situation in regards to the legal issues until we see Danny selling his Lamborghini on Craigslist.
Old 10-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #1730
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I'm sure Tool make a decent amount of money when they tour, and that was some motivation behind recent tours. That said, I doubt it's all about the money. I'd be surprised if they needed the money to get through these current legal issues. I suspect the touring in the last few years has been more opportunistic (mainly due to the Ozzfest in Japan in 2013 and the Tajin Festival in Mexico earlier this year).

It's also worth remembering there's more to Tool than just the four band members. If they want to hang on to guitar techs, drum tech, lighting guys, etc. they probably need to throw them a line more than once every 8 years.

I don't think we should worry too much about Tool's financial situation in regards to the legal issues until we see Danny selling his Lamborghini on Craigslist.
10-20-2014, 05:51 PM

As much as I'd love a new album first, I love the mini tours. I don't see anything wrong with them and don't view the tours as really setting things back...if anything, it seems like the guys are especially energized when they get back from tours with regards to the writing process.

I realized the other day while listening to AEnima that I never really wrote about my first concert. I had never heard Third Eye before that concert due to a problem where my iTunes ripped all of AEnima except for Third Eye (I didn't own Salival then). I thought they came out jamming, and my mind was absolutely blown--at that point it didn't register to me that something that calculated would need a lot more planning--and that was my first live experience with Tool, was being blown away and completely swept up in the crowd getting SO excited for that piece of music. I think that's really stuck with me over the years, and I thought it was really interesting to realize it a long while later. I hope to meet Adam again someday and tell him about that, he might get a kick out of it. I'm definitely planning to continue with the VIP deal again if they keep going with it, I would love that.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 10-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #1731
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

As much as I'd love a new album first, I love the mini tours. I don't see anything wrong with them and don't view the tours as really setting things back...if anything, it seems like the guys are especially energized when they get back from tours with regards to the writing process.

I realized the other day while listening to AEnima that I never really wrote about my first concert. I had never heard Third Eye before that concert due to a problem where my iTunes ripped all of AEnima except for Third Eye (I didn't own Salival then). I thought they came out jamming, and my mind was absolutely blown--at that point it didn't register to me that something that calculated would need a lot more planning--and that was my first live experience with Tool, was being blown away and completely swept up in the crowd getting SO excited for that piece of music. I think that's really stuck with me over the years, and I thought it was really interesting to realize it a long while later. I hope to meet Adam again someday and tell him about that, he might get a kick out of it. I'm definitely planning to continue with the VIP deal again if they keep going with it, I would love that.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Malaclypse
10-20-2014, 06:06 PM

Quote:

im reading that right now.

i also read this one:

http://www.law360.com/articles/33881...right-showdown
EDIT: the link worked through google. if you just click on it, you only get like the first two paragraphs and it tells you to register -.-

Last edited by Malaclypse; 10-20-2014 at 06:09 PM..
Old 10-20-2014, 06:06 PM   #1732
Banned.

Quote:

im reading that right now.

i also read this one:

http://www.law360.com/articles/33881...right-showdown
EDIT: the link worked through google. if you just click on it, you only get like the first two paragraphs and it tells you to register -.-

Last edited by Malaclypse; 10-20-2014 at 06:09 PM..
EastBayJ1972's Avatar EastBayJ1972
10-21-2014, 02:24 AM

[Qwouldn't SpiralOut34;3148016]As much as I'd love a new album first, I love the mini tours. I don't see anything wrong with them and don't view the tours as really setting things back...if anything, it seems like the guys are especially energized when they get back from tours with regards to the writing process.

I realized the other day while listening to AEnima that I never really wrote about my first concert. I had never heard Third Eye before that concert due to a problem where my iTunes ripped all of AEnima except for Third Eye (I didn't own Salival then). I thought they came out jamming, and my mind was absolutely blown--at that point it didn't register to me that something that calculated would need a lot more planning--and that was my first live experience with Tool, was being blown away and completely swept up in the crowd getting SO excited for that piece of music. I think that's really stuck with me over the years, and I thought it was really interesting to realize it a long while later. I hope to meet Adam again someday and tell him about that, he might get a kick out of it. I'm definitely planning to continue with the VIP deal again if they keep going with it, I would love that.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't mind a mini tour if they played A DIFFERENT FUCKING SETLIST.
10,000 Days:4/30/06--5/4/06--9/3/06--12/11/07--7/13/10
Opiate Anniversary/ Pre-new album: 3/11/14--3/12/14
TOOL/Primus tour(minus Primus): 1/6/16
Old 10-21-2014, 02:24 AM   #1733
Level 7 - Loquacious

[Qwouldn't SpiralOut34;3148016]As much as I'd love a new album first, I love the mini tours. I don't see anything wrong with them and don't view the tours as really setting things back...if anything, it seems like the guys are especially energized when they get back from tours with regards to the writing process.

I realized the other day while listening to AEnima that I never really wrote about my first concert. I had never heard Third Eye before that concert due to a problem where my iTunes ripped all of AEnima except for Third Eye (I didn't own Salival then). I thought they came out jamming, and my mind was absolutely blown--at that point it didn't register to me that something that calculated would need a lot more planning--and that was my first live experience with Tool, was being blown away and completely swept up in the crowd getting SO excited for that piece of music. I think that's really stuck with me over the years, and I thought it was really interesting to realize it a long while later. I hope to meet Adam again someday and tell him about that, he might get a kick out of it. I'm definitely planning to continue with the VIP deal again if they keep going with it, I would love that.[/QUOTE]

kanaduh
10-21-2014, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
I agree, love the mini tours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBayJ1972 View Post
This is true as well. 2014 was the worst setlist of any tool tour, ever. strictly based on short length+intermission+B'Boom thing.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:36 AM   #1734
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 45

Quote:

Quote:
This is true as well. 2014 was the worst setlist of any tool tour, ever. strictly based on short length+intermission+B'Boom thing.
10-21-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanaduh View Post

Fuck the intermission bullshit, I had forgotten about that. What a mood killer. I wouldn't even mind Adam and Justin putting something on a loop pedal and walking off for a while...anything si better than pulling the lights up entirely, though.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:48 AM   #1735
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:

Fuck the intermission bullshit, I had forgotten about that. What a mood killer. I wouldn't even mind Adam and Justin putting something on a loop pedal and walking off for a while...anything si better than pulling the lights up entirely, though.

The Embryo 2's Avatar The Embryo 2
10-21-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Intermissions are ok if we are talking a 2.5 hour set. But a break during a 90 min concert is BS. It's not like this is Jethro Tull in their 70s.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:
June 12, 2010 at 1:50 am

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
Old 10-21-2014, 07:08 PM   #1736
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Intermissions are ok if we are talking a 2.5 hour set. But a break during a 90 min concert is BS. It's not like this is Jethro Tull in their 70s.
08/07/93 - 11/20/94 - 11/09/96 - 06/25/97 - 03/29/98 - 08/03/01 -10/9/01 - 10/10/01 - 11/09/02 - 05/08/06 - 11/09/06 - 06/25/07 - 05/29/07 - 6/01/07 - 06/02/07 - 07/22/09 - 08/08/09 - 06/29/10 - 07/12/10 - 07/15/10- 01/14/2012 - 03/12/2014 - 03/13/2014 - 03/16/2014 - 10/22/2015 - 06/21/2017- 10/13/19 - 10/21/19 - 11/24/19 - 01/15/20 - 02/05/22 - 03/03/22

Corex says:

"Yeah Tool is fucking amazing. But there’s a big chunk of their fan base that think they’ve become thought provoking geniuses just from listening to them."
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
10-23-2014, 11:59 PM

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm!!!

I hope this is good news!!

Old 10-23-2014, 11:59 PM   #1737
Level 8 - Vociferous

I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm!!!

I hope this is good news!!

10-24-2014, 05:17 AM

Just seeing the four of them together in the Loft is a good thing. Looks like there is some genuine progress.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:17 AM   #1738
crows before hoes

Just seeing the four of them together in the Loft is a good thing. Looks like there is some genuine progress.
10-24-2014, 06:22 AM

Can I blog about it on fourtheye?
Old 10-24-2014, 06:22 AM   #1739

Bincount™: 7676

lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
10-24-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
Jag, I found your screenshot
Old 10-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #1740
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Jag, I found your screenshot
10-24-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
I'm always interested in publishing guest articles. Submit something and I'll let you know...
Old 10-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #1741
crows before hoes

Quote:
I'm always interested in publishing guest articles. Submit something and I'll let you know...
10-24-2014, 06:11 PM

i want a room like that as a den. that would be comfy.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:11 PM   #1742
Banned.

10-24-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
What makes a den different from a room? A couch?
Old 10-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #1743
crows before hoes

Quote:
10-25-2014, 05:58 AM

Quote:
thats a good question.. idk. maybe that its also used for recreation or relaxing.

all i know is that living in an apartment blows..
Old 10-25-2014, 05:58 AM   #1744
Banned.

Quote:
thats a good question.. idk. maybe that its also used for recreation or relaxing.

all i know is that living in an apartment blows..
10-25-2014, 06:52 AM

I love my mancave. Basement was turned into mancave and now has 2 computers...30 inch monitor and 42 inch plasma...surround sound. ..xbox...Jagermeister tap machine. ..Ibanez Gio.... Marshall and Peavey full stacks...sink and bar...TOOL 10k net of being poster..Aria Giovanni poster...Corona neon...
Old 10-25-2014, 06:52 AM   #1745
Level 7 - Loquacious

I love my mancave. Basement was turned into mancave and now has 2 computers...30 inch monitor and 42 inch plasma...surround sound. ..xbox...Jagermeister tap machine. ..Ibanez Gio.... Marshall and Peavey full stacks...sink and bar...TOOL 10k net of being poster..Aria Giovanni poster...Corona neon...
10-25-2014, 06:54 AM

And how could I forget the 5lbs of Lemon Haze X chemdog drying ;)
Old 10-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #1746
Level 7 - Loquacious

And how could I forget the 5lbs of Lemon Haze X chemdog drying ;)
Malaclypse
10-25-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
dang that sounds nice.. I wish I could play my guitar or drums here (let alone have enough room for them).. all I've been doing lately is playing xbox and teaching myself how to code on PC. need to pass the time somehow
Old 10-25-2014, 09:15 AM   #1747
Banned.

Quote:
dang that sounds nice.. I wish I could play my guitar or drums here (let alone have enough room for them).. all I've been doing lately is playing xbox and teaching myself how to code on PC. need to pass the time somehow
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
10-25-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Pics.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:36 AM   #1748
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Pics.
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
10-25-2014, 11:04 AM

One day I'd like a room in my house for recording and play, covered with concert posters....that's the dream :P

Old 10-25-2014, 11:04 AM   #1749
Level 8 - Vociferous

One day I'd like a room in my house for recording and play, covered with concert posters....that's the dream :P

10-25-2014, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Pics.
No prob Lotus...ive always had issues trying to post pix here. Please PM me and walk me thru it sir.
Old 10-25-2014, 03:52 PM   #1750
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Pics.
No prob Lotus...ive always had issues trying to post pix here. Please PM me and walk me thru it sir.
Malaclypse
10-25-2014, 04:59 PM

Quote:
for some reason, i read "concrete" posters.. i was wondering what the hell that meant. and then i re-read it.

on another topic. i found this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjGAaRt22qk
i thought it was cool because i've always wondered what the hidden lyrics were in this song

Last edited by Malaclypse; 10-25-2014 at 05:01 PM..
Old 10-25-2014, 04:59 PM   #1751
Banned.

Quote:
for some reason, i read "concrete" posters.. i was wondering what the hell that meant. and then i re-read it.

on another topic. i found this vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjGAaRt22qk
i thought it was cool because i've always wondered what the hidden lyrics were in this song

Last edited by Malaclypse; 10-25-2014 at 05:01 PM..
10-25-2014, 06:00 PM

EBJ - you have a basement in a Nor Cal home? That's pretty uncommon. Speaking of Nor Cal, I just relocated from O Town to Scotts Valley up in the Santa Cruz "mountains". Stoked.

Corex says:

Old 10-25-2014, 06:00 PM   #1752
Level 10 - Vehement

EBJ - you have a basement in a Nor Cal home? That's pretty uncommon. Speaking of Nor Cal, I just relocated from O Town to Scotts Valley up in the Santa Cruz "mountains". Stoked.

Corex says:

10-27-2014, 02:49 AM

Yeah.. live in El Sobrante. ..town that time forgot. You kinda forget that you are in the Bay. House is in private street in the hills. Can litterly do whatever you want up there. I got 2 neighbors and they are hella cool. I was shocked to find the basement myself. Me and my nephew turned it out
Old 10-27-2014, 02:49 AM   #1753
Level 7 - Loquacious

Yeah.. live in El Sobrante. ..town that time forgot. You kinda forget that you are in the Bay. House is in private street in the hills. Can litterly do whatever you want up there. I got 2 neighbors and they are hella cool. I was shocked to find the basement myself. Me and my nephew turned it out
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
10-27-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Sent.
Old 10-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #1754
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Sent.
11-09-2014, 08:50 AM

Hellboy. I think I owe you a prize for the setlist contest. Are you a concert shirt guy or a poster kind of person.

Corex says:

Old 11-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #1755
Level 10 - Vehement

Hellboy. I think I owe you a prize for the setlist contest. Are you a concert shirt guy or a poster kind of person.

Corex says:

11-09-2014, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Embryo 2 View Post
?
Old 11-09-2014, 12:06 PM   #1756
crows before hoes

Quote:
?
11-09-2014, 07:06 PM

Quote:
?
actually you owe me from where we bet on the new album a few years back, but if you look at the Predict The Setlist thread from this past tour, I believe you had the most accurate prediction.

Corex says:

Old 11-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #1757
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
?
actually you owe me from where we bet on the new album a few years back, but if you look at the Predict The Setlist thread from this past tour, I believe you had the most accurate prediction.

Corex says:

kanaduh
11-09-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
but hellboy cheated.
Old 11-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #1758
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
but hellboy cheated.
11-16-2014, 01:43 PM

Unrelated and unlikely but I'll try anyways: I'm in Reyjkavik Iceland for the next 8 days. If any of you members (or lurkers) live here and want to drink like Vikings, send me a PM!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:43 PM   #1759
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Unrelated and unlikely but I'll try anyways: I'm in Reyjkavik Iceland for the next 8 days. If any of you members (or lurkers) live here and want to drink like Vikings, send me a PM!
11-16-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
That's pretty cool man. Say hi to Sigur Rós and Ásgeir Trausti for me!
Old 11-16-2014, 01:48 PM   #1760
Up From The Skies

Quote:
That's pretty cool man. Say hi to Sigur Rós and Ásgeir Trausti for me!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply