opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 10. Die Eier Von Satan
User Name
Password
Old 11-06-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
great interpretation

this song, i think, is related to track 6. Message to harry Manback is a very hateful song but put to beautiful background music. A casuaul listener or hearing the song for a first time, someone would think that it is very nice and pleasant. On the opposite side, Die Eir Von Satan is a very rough sounding song but with easygoing lyrics. A casual listener would think nazi or think hatered. Tool, in general, has songs that might sound rough to a casual listener but maynard is singing about something important. These 2 songs are examples of music being decieving.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #2
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029
Re: great interpretation

You bring this realy easy and nice, but you actually want to kill us.
Old 11-14-2004, 05:55 PM   #3
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 187

The entire point of the song is weed out the dipshits. They put it on there, KNOWING a screaming german would be related to Hitler, and then everybody would jump all over tdn and start eight hundred threads about whether or not the band sacrifices jews for dinner.
Old 11-18-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

FYI that is not even Maynard singing on this track. And I also 'love' the fact that everyone freaks out like a bunch little boys around a priest when they hear german. What is wrong with people to automatically assume that german=nazi. Well lets look at some things real fast; Adolph Hitler=naughty German, Hitler speaks german, Hitler did evil things and is burning in Hell, Hitler=Nazi, Nazi's where german therefore speaking German, thus German language DOES NOT = Nazi. Thank you all and good night.
Then your mouth

Last edited by Undertolerance; 11-19-2004 at 05:27 AM..
Old 12-10-2004, 05:28 PM   #5
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 1864

Who does the vocals to Die Eier Von Satan?

I sniff dirty panties
Destination: Van Nuys, CA
Old 01-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #6
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

the keyboardist on the record- wow too lazy
Old 01-24-2005, 09:05 PM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdwingdx
this song, i think, is related to track 6. Message to harry Manback is a very hateful song but put to beautiful background music. A casuaul listener or hearing the song for a first time, someone would think that it is very nice and pleasant. On the opposite side, Die Eir Von Satan is a very rough sounding song but with easygoing lyrics. A casual listener would think nazi or think hatered. Tool, in general, has songs that might sound rough to a casual listener but maynard is singing about something important. These 2 songs are examples of music being decieving.
The song is a cookie recipe, if you listen the guy who is singing mentions the word hashesh, so I'm assumin that they are weed brownies. Also the one part where the dude talking says (sorry about spelling to anyone who speaks deutsch) "un kina Ei"
I know that Ei prononced (er) means egg. So it is a recipe most likely.

Someone else said that it was ment to confuse people who don't dig deeper to see beyonf the face value I agree with this interrprtation.

Peace
Old 01-27-2005, 07:13 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9

I must say that this is by far the most intense and scary sounding song that I have ever heard. Does anyone know what that intense screaming like sound is on the track. It is hard to explain what it sounds like, but it is almost like the squeal of a boiling tea kettle. You can hear it from 0:24-0:25. I always wondered what the hell that was, it probebly tripples the intensity of the song.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:18 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 49

This is a real stupid thread. It's a recipe for wierd squidgy hash cake ball things that dont seem to work (in terms of the recipe, not getting you stoned). The Eggs Of Satan in more ways than one. The evil Nazi rally sounding speech? Well;

"The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years... rrrrrreeeeeeal fuckin' high on drugs."
Old 02-22-2005, 09:42 PM   #10
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide ChrYst
The entire point of the song is weed out the dipshits. They put it on there, KNOWING a screaming german would be related to Hitler, and then everybody would jump all over tdn and start eight hundred threads about whether or not the band sacrifices jews for dinner.

Dig deeper.

Eggs actually DO represent the Jewish people. Eggs are an essential baking ingredient because they give the food it's fullness and texture. Historically, the Jews are known to do the same for any culture they integrated themselves into. Without eggs, a recipe is flat, and without Jews, a culture is flat. In the end it is a political statement, knocking Nazism (comparing Hitler's Jewless nation to the Balls of Satan - a recipe which fails without eggs), and a thumb at Americans, who will immediately associate a German speaker to Hitler, even without knowing the text
Old 03-21-2005, 02:16 PM   #11
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTJob
Dig deeper.

Eggs actually DO represent the Jewish people. Eggs are an essential baking ingredient because they give the food it's fullness and texture. Historically, the Jews are known to do the same for any culture they integrated themselves into. Without eggs, a recipe is flat, and without Jews, a culture is flat. In the end it is a political statement, knocking Nazism (comparing Hitler's Jewless nation to the Balls of Satan - a recipe which fails without eggs), and a thumb at Americans, who will immediately associate a German speaker to Hitler, even without knowing the text

Eggs were not very important for a great deal of Jewish lifestyle, but you may still be correct. Many of their ancient breads had no eggs, it was the yeast that gave it kept it from being flat. Honestly I think it was a joke, like was said before.
Old 03-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #12
On Probation

Bincount™: 810

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROTJob
Dig deeper.

Probably the dumbest interpretation of any song on this site...and thats saying quite a bit.
Old 03-24-2005, 04:42 AM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest
This is a real stupid thread. It's a recipe for wierd squidgy hash cake ball things that dont seem to work (in terms of the recipe, not getting you stoned). The Eggs Of Satan in more ways than one. The evil Nazi rally sounding speech? Well;

"The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years... rrrrrreeeeeeal fuckin' high on drugs."
i agree fully

not every tool song hes to have some huge deep dark meening

but like tool said before make the song yours

cheers
Old 04-24-2005, 08:58 PM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 1

I think one of the people who auditioned for Justin Chancellor's bass position did the vocals for this song.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: