opin.menu.register.jpgopin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 01. Vicarious
User Name
Password
Reply
Old 08-20-2006, 11:28 AM   #41
Level 2 - Poster
 
testspecimen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7
Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Firstly, etc43, you are of course right.

anarcho-commie, I got into Tool from one song, and enjoyed it so much that I had to hear the album. Vicarious getting played on the radio at all is surely a good thing (I live in the UK and I've heard Tool no more than twice on the radio ever). If more people get in to Tool because they heard Vicarious on the radio then that means that they're listening to the album (even if that album is 10,000 Days).

Schism was the first Tool song I ever heard, as a result of that I went out to buy Lateralus, then snapped up a chance to see them live, and now I think they're probably the best band around today. Maybe Vicarious getting airplay will have the same effect.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #42
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
anarcho-commie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: just outside of Area 51
Posts: 127
Bincount™: 63
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by testspecimen View Post
Firstly, etc43, you are of course right.

anarcho-commie, I got into Tool from one song, and enjoyed it so much that I had to hear the album. Vicarious getting played on the radio at all is surely a good thing (I live in the UK and I've heard Tool no more than twice on the radio ever). If more people get in to Tool because they heard Vicarious on the radio then that means that they're listening to the album (even if that album is 10,000 Days).

Schism was the first Tool song I ever heard, as a result of that I went out to buy Lateralus, then snapped up a chance to see them live, and now I think they're probably the best band around today. Maybe Vicarious getting airplay will have the same effect.
That's not what I'm talking about though. I think everyone got misconceptions from this thread. What I'm trying to say is the exact opposite of what you said. I'm talking about people who settle for one Tool song (vicarious) and dont even take the time to get into more Tool songs. Just listen to that one song and think that they're big Tool fans.
__________________
I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #43
Level 2 - Poster
 
testspecimen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 7
Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
That's not what I'm talking about though. I think everyone got misconceptions from this thread. What I'm trying to say is the exact opposite of what you said. I'm talking about people who settle for one Tool song (vicarious) and dont even take the time to get into more Tool songs. Just listen to that one song and think that they're big Tool fans.
Have faith my man. Tool's music being on the radio will lead to people really getting into the band, thus becoming real fans in the process... Having said that I'd be happier if they played Jambi on the radio. Much better tune imhbco.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:52 PM   #44
Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
 
Alex in Chains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Robocop, North Montonia
Posts: 1,673
Bincount™: 2934
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
That's not what I'm talking about though. I think everyone got misconceptions from this thread. What I'm trying to say is the exact opposite of what you said. I'm talking about people who settle for one Tool song (vicarious) and dont even take the time to get into more Tool songs. Just listen to that one song and think that they're big Tool fans.
And then they "claim Tool." And school is not a credible source of information. And you're a true OGT, even though you were 2 years old when Opiate was released. We get it. Why are you still explaining away the ridiculous shit you've posted so far? You made an ass of yourself, you're an idiot, and you should be embarrassed that you're still trying to rationalize your vapid and inconsequential opinions. Shut up.
__________________
<e4t> I added a lime and it tastes fucking salty or somethin
<nChainz> did you add salt?
<e4t> no I'm not drinkin' martinis ffs
<ru5ty> wat
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:30 AM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: the peak of a gravity wave
Posts: 107
Bincount™: 5
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Wow, anarcho-commie! Congrats on being the most hated on poster I've seen in a while! Doesn't that feel great deep down inside? Oh no, wait, that's just our big internet cock giving you a total ass fucking! (I think we can all agree that you probably like it.) Have a nice day!

Last edited by egrue; 08-21-2006 at 12:35 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 AM   #46
Level 8 - Vociferous
 
Opiate Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: O-HI-O
Posts: 732
Bincount™: 43
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
That's not what I'm talking about though. I think everyone got misconceptions from this thread. What I'm trying to say is the exact opposite of what you said. I'm talking about people who settle for one Tool song (vicarious) and dont even take the time to get into more Tool songs. Just listen to that one song and think that they're big Tool fans.
i think everyone here could use a vacation from your, stupid shit. why don't you do us all a favor and take a deep breath, maybe you'll actually suck your pants up your ass! grow up little boy!
__________________
"I saw this wino eating grapes and i said dude, you got to wait" -- Mitch Hedberg
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:23 AM   #47
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
anarcho-commie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: just outside of Area 51
Posts: 127
Bincount™: 63
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex in Chains View Post
And then they "claim Tool." And school is not a credible source of information. And you're a true OGT, even though you were 2 years old when Opiate was released. We get it. Why are you still explaining away the ridiculous shit you've posted so far? You made an ass of yourself, you're an idiot, and you should be embarrassed that you're still trying to rationalize your vapid and inconsequential opinions. Shut up.
Yes, they claim Tool, claim that they are #1 tool fans when in reality they just only heard one song. School isn't a credible source of information. That's fact. You're taught nationalist propaganda. Things that make your country look good. Even an idiot would understand that. And how much of an ass do you have to be to think that I was actually being serious about the "true OGT" shit? I was mocking those people that do like to consider themselves true OGTs. How fucking hard is that to understand. If I was being serious, would I have put a ":D" at the end of the sentence? Use common sence.
__________________
I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:44 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
justify_denials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Washington machine
Posts: 393
Bincount™: 16
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
Here in Denver, they've been playing it at least 4 times a day on one radio station. Is this happening anywhere else? I hate when they do shit like this, it brings in unwanted Tool "fans." The "YEAH I LIKE TOOL THAT SONG VICARIOUS IS THE SHIT" kind of fans.
um, get a better station? Sounds like you guys have shitty stations? Um, move to Seattle? Some of the best readio in the country?!?!!!

http://www.kisw.com ?

um, yeah!
__________________
Signatures: should be kept short (4 lines or less) and free of crazy colors / fonts.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 PM   #49
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
anarcho-commie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: just outside of Area 51
Posts: 127
Bincount™: 63
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justify_denials View Post
um, get a better station? Sounds like you guys have shitty stations? Um, move to Seattle? Some of the best readio in the country?!?!!!

http://www.kisw.com ?

um, yeah!
Seattle? Fuck yeah, that's where I've been planning to to move as soon as I'm 18.
__________________
I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #50
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
justify_denials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Washington machine
Posts: 393
Bincount™: 16
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
Yes, they claim Tool, claim that they are #1 tool fans when in reality they just only heard one song. School isn't a credible source of information. That's fact. You're taught nationalist propaganda. Things that make your country look good. Even an idiot would understand that. And how much of an ass do you have to be to think that I was actually being serious about the "true OGT" shit? I was mocking those people that do like to consider themselves true OGTs. How fucking hard is that to understand. If I was being serious, would I have put a ":D" at the end of the sentence? Use common sence.
Yeah, true, they don't go into our country's large amount of of government corruption, conspiracies I.E., and why we celebrate a racist murdering pig like christopher columbus? DAMN! we have a holiday about him and he came over here and killed thousands of indians! Hist

fick/ fuck, I fucked up and cut my paragragh that proboly is'nt that much readable due to being really drunkso just disregard any previous statement/s
im fine

fuck
__________________
Signatures: should be kept short (4 lines or less) and free of crazy colors / fonts.

Last edited by justify_denials; 08-21-2006 at 03:37 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:58 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
justify_denials's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Washington machine
Posts: 393
Bincount™: 16
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
Seattle? Fuck yeah, that's where I've been planning to to move as soon as I'm 18.
Seattle is nice! We got a large local music scene here, lots of great radio, lots of shit to do. It's not bad here. Oh, and the Gorge in central Washington I hear people say it's one of the best places in the country to see a concert, and I have been there a few times and I am going to see tool on the 27th there. Seclusion, practicly out in the middle of nowhere, in the Gorge, and the huge ass Columbia river flowing nearby, none the less, It's a great place to see any band!
__________________
Signatures: should be kept short (4 lines or less) and free of crazy colors / fonts.

Last edited by justify_denials; 08-21-2006 at 03:06 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:27 AM   #52
Level 3 - Talker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: canada
Posts: 14
Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

They hardly ever play it here in Toronto.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #53
Level 2 - Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under A Rainbow
Posts: 9
Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Well, I never hear Tool on the radio much but if they did play it, even one song all day I'd be happy 'cause I really hate most shit on the radio. I can't take this emo shit much longer :(
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #54
Level 2 - Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Under A Rainbow
Posts: 9
Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Then I read through this shit and see everyone arguing like this shit's gonna make any difference at all. Wow.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 03:47 PM   #55
Level 8 - Vociferous
 
Absolute_Zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Here
Posts: 742
Bincount™: 255
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzem View Post
They hardly ever play it here in Toronto.
What radio station are you listening to? Its on edge 102 at least 2x a day ... and Firday nights they play tons of Tool (old and new).
__________________
Fuck the Po-Lice
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM   #56
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fifth Deminsion
Posts: 75
Bincount™: 1
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Identity 010 View Post
In the car with your mom?
I'm just curious as to how old you are, since you claim to be so wordly when it comes to all things Tool. Yet your general attitude and reactions point directly at immaturity, which would make a lot of sense considering your transportation arrangements. Must be her car because if it was your own, you would be in control of the radio.
If mommy is still driving you, I assume you can't be more than 20 and if so, for shame. Were you listening to Tool when you were 7? Because Undertow was released in '93. You didn't start at the beginning of Tool either, so get off your high self-important horse.

You enjoy Tool on your own level. Get as deep into it as you like because hell, it's an experience to do so. But don't harp on the new guys just getting interested in Tool. You think you have some sort of holy ground to defend? Saving all of Tool-dom with your heroics? Fending off the new generations of Tool fans from the ones who have been enjoying it for many years? Spare us your theatrics.

I don't see how Tool getting exposure on the radio is bad. Tool isn't exactly an underground band or well-kept secret. They are almost mainstream... so much so that when Lateralus was released the local Top40 and pop radio stations here gave Schism some airtime. Very odd hearing Tool sandwiched between Britney and Mariah. But it may mesmerize a few interested people who will find more depth and meaning in bands like Tool. These people may become more what you deem acceptable and less what you obviously hate so much.

You do need to get a grip though because you overreacted in a major way back there.
Live and let live. Ignore the ignorant. Your Tool will never be their Tool so don't worry about it.


^^^^^RIGHTTHEFUCKON!^^^^^^^^
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #57
a moon full of stars
Suicide Booth ID: 23
 
clarity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: a petri dish
Posts: 3,339
Bincount™: 6220
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

YES, "Vicarious" is getting overplayed. Tool is a pop band. End of thread.
__________________
LOCATION: FUCK
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #58
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Fifth Deminsion
Posts: 75
Bincount™: 1
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarityinwithdrawl View Post
YES, "Vicarious" is getting overplayed. Tool is a pop band. End of thread.







ppsssstttt




















You dropped your pocket.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 01:28 PM   #59
a moon full of stars
Suicide Booth ID: 23
 
clarity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: a petri dish
Posts: 3,339
Bincount™: 6220
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

You have zero bin posts. You are worthless.
__________________
LOCATION: FUCK
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:07 PM   #60
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Unmanifest
Posts: 252
Bincount™: 4
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Here's a crazy idea:


Not judging who is and isn't a 'real' Tool fan.


How could you possibly measure that? By who heard them first? By who's seen them the most? One person could have heard the first half of a Tool song and be unbelievably compelled by it - so much so that she or he appreciates it more than someone who is a 'real' fan. Someone who knows every single tiny thing about the band and the music that she or he has gathered from years of gigs, VIP passes, websites, newsletters and magazine cuttings.

Who the fuck are we to decide who is worthy of listening to them. Who the fuck are we to assume that we know how to identify a 'real' Tool fan to someone who just wants in on 'the scene'?


Get a grip.




Oh, and Liquid Identity 010... nice work.
__________________
______________________________________ManifestThis
First attempt at making a video.
Music = 'Judith' by APC
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79756
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 02:15 PM   #61
Level 10 - Vehement
 
transcend187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: an idea
Posts: 2,914
Bincount™: 1439
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Good show, people.
__________________
"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid."
- Friedrich Nietzsche
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 04:10 PM   #62
Level 5 - Deep Thinker
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 54
Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Underplayed
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #63
a moon full of stars
Suicide Booth ID: 23
 
clarity.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: a petri dish
Posts: 3,339
Bincount™: 6220
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

10,000 boobies should post in the bin

if he/she isn't a complete tool fanboi
__________________
LOCATION: FUCK
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:22 AM   #64
Level 8 - Vociferous
 
Opiate Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: O-HI-O
Posts: 732
Bincount™: 43
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai_nese View Post
Here's a crazy idea:


Not judging who is and isn't a 'real' Tool fan.


How could you possibly measure that? By who heard them first? By who's seen them the most? One person could have heard the first half of a Tool song and be unbelievably compelled by it - so much so that she or he appreciates it more than someone who is a 'real' fan. Someone who knows every single tiny thing about the band and the music that she or he has gathered from years of gigs, VIP passes, websites, newsletters and magazine cuttings.

Who the fuck are we to decide who is worthy of listening to them. Who the fuck are we to assume that we know how to identify a 'real' Tool fan to someone who just wants in on 'the scene'?


Get a grip.




Oh, and Liquid Identity 010... nice work.

thank you! i get tired of listening to these "kids" talk about who likes Tool the most. completly retarded.
__________________
"I saw this wino eating grapes and i said dude, you got to wait" -- Mitch Hedberg
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #65
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Unmanifest
Posts: 252
Bincount™: 4
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate Son View Post
thank you! i get tired of listening to these "kids" talk about who likes Tool the most. completly retarded.
definitely. some people need to introduce to the idea of getting a grip, as oppose to justifying their undying love for the band by slating that of others.
__________________
______________________________________ManifestThis
First attempt at making a video.
Music = 'Judith' by APC
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79756
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:46 PM   #66
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
OGT from back in the day's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 173
Bincount™: 2
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

im not gonna lie, i dont know what an anarcho-commie is, what is it?
__________________
Rule 1: Good computers are the best.
Rule 2: There is no such thing as a good computer.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 10:09 PM   #67
Walker of Dissonant Worlds
 
Prison Sex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southern NV
Posts: 2,889
Bincount™: 770
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai_nese View Post
Here's a crazy idea:


Not judging who is and isn't a 'real' Tool fan.


How could you possibly measure that? By who heard them first? By who's seen them the most? One person could have heard the first half of a Tool song and be unbelievably compelled by it - so much so that she or he appreciates it more than someone who is a 'real' fan. Someone who knows every single tiny thing about the band and the music that she or he has gathered from years of gigs, VIP passes, websites, newsletters and magazine cuttings.

Who the fuck are we to decide who is worthy of listening to them. Who the fuck are we to assume that we know how to identify a 'real' Tool fan to someone who just wants in on 'the scene'?


Get a grip.




Oh, and Liquid Identity 010... nice work.

I'd say someone who actually goes out and buys the bands albums are fans. I see plenty of people where I live who know about Tool only from the songs played on the radio. Fans? I think not.
__________________
"On our earth we can truly love only with suffering and through suffering."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 12:09 AM   #68
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
MacFoley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Cornwall
Posts: 192
Bincount™: 1
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarcho-commie View Post
Here in Denver, they've been playing it at least 4 times a day on one radio station. Is this happening anywhere else? I hate when they do shit like this, it brings in unwanted Tool "fans." The "YEAH I LIKE TOOL THAT SONG VICARIOUS IS THE SHIT" kind of fans.

here in the uk, tool on the radio is a rare thing, so all i can say is no.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:23 AM   #69
Level 8 - Vociferous
 
Luosdasa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NSW Australia
Posts: 594
Bincount™: 104
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

wow, sounds like you guys have really very shite radio...

hurrahh for the great nation-wide aus station!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

lol, and i always laugh at how often infomation on tool comes out first on JJJ... doesnt make any sense to me... but i like it :D
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:43 AM   #70
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
SunBurN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seattle area
Posts: 198
Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

On Theend up here in Seattle, both Vicarious and The Pot are common, along with older TOOL like Parabola, Lateralus, Prison Sex, Sober etc, and I've also heard a couple of times Jambi and Rosetta Stoned too!
__________________
Vote for Vicarious and The Pot here: http://1077theend.com/playlist.asp
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 10:57 AM   #71
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 400
Bincount™: 8
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

I really wouldn't know if it's being over played. I only listen to AM radio. FM sucks. Besides, why wouldnt they play the shit out of it. Vicarious is the shit!
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #72
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ohio
Posts: 400
Bincount™: 8
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunBurN View Post
On Theend up here in Seattle, both Vicarious and The Pot are common, along with older TOOL like Parabola, Lateralus, Prison Sex, Sober etc, and I've also heard a couple of times Jambi and Rosetta Stoned too!
Damn. I wish Columbus had a rock station like that. The Blitz and The Big Wazu only play Tool's songs that were released as singles and nothing else, in between Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Nickleback and a bunch of other bands I hate. That's why my car radio is always tuned to the AM stations.

Anyone else dig the Al Franken show on Air America?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 01:28 PM   #73
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Unmanifest
Posts: 252
Bincount™: 4
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Sex View Post
I'd say someone who actually goes out and buys the bands albums are fans. I see plenty of people where I live who know about Tool only from the songs played on the radio. Fans? I think not.

Yeah I see what you mean. If they haven't ever really listened to a Tool song and instead claim that they 'know' the songs (after just hearing them once or twice on the radio) then they - as oppose to people who have spent a little more time listening to the music might not appreciate it as much.

But then it doesn't mean the music didn't hit them as hard as those who have the albums.

To me I think being a 'fan' is over rated. What matters is what you get out of the music - not what you know about the band's history or how many times you've seen them live.
__________________
______________________________________ManifestThis
First attempt at making a video.
Music = 'Judith' by APC
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79756
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 05:43 PM   #74
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
OGT from back in the day's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 173
Bincount™: 2
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

ok dont answer my question
__________________
Rule 1: Good computers are the best.
Rule 2: There is no such thing as a good computer.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:04 AM   #75
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Unmanifest
Posts: 252
Bincount™: 4
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGT from back in the day View Post
ok dont answer my question
sorry man i thought it had been covered earlier in the thread.

I'm no law student, so here's what wikipedia has to say on it:



"Anarchist communism is a form of anarchism that advocates the abolition of the State and capitalism in favor of a horizontal network of voluntary associations through which everyone will be free to satisfy his or her needs.

Anarchist communism is also known as anarcho-communism, communist anarchism, or, sometimes, libertarian communism. However, while all anarchist communists are libertarian communists, some libertarian communists, such as council communists, are not anarchists. What distinguishes anarchist communism from other variants of libertarian communism is the former's opposition to all forms of political power, hierarchy and domination."

There's a whole page on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-communist
__________________
______________________________________ManifestThis
First attempt at making a video.
Music = 'Judith' by APC
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79756
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:09 AM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Unmanifest
Posts: 252
Bincount™: 4
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

And this might help too
(also from wikipedia)

"Anarchist communists reject the claim that wage labor is necessary because people are by "nature" lazy and selfish. They point out that even the so-called "idle rich" sometimes find useful things to do despite having all their needs satisfied by the labor of others.

Anarchist communists support communism as a means for ensuring the greatest freedom and well-being for everyone, rather than only the wealthy and powerful. In this sense, anarchist communism is a profoundly egalitarian philosophy. Anarchist communists do not think that anyone has the right to be anyone else's boss."
__________________
______________________________________ManifestThis
First attempt at making a video.
Music = 'Judith' by APC
http://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=79756
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 06:44 PM   #77
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
philipg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: madison
Posts: 145
Bincount™: 0
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

i think vicarious got played once on the one rock station in birmingham

but now tool friends, pay attention to the lyrics in hooker with a penis
spreading the love isnt that bad, itll get more people listening to actual good music.
it sucks that they bleep the songs up and all that, but ask yourself- when i turn on the radio, would i rather hear my chemical romance or tool?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #78
Level 11 - Clamorous
 
leefnaspleaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: .
Posts: 3,034
Bincount™: 2448
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Wow, anarcho-communists have no concept of natural law regarding social relations.

Also: you guys listen to the radio?
__________________
I look like a sea creature now!

Last edited by leefnaspleaf; 09-01-2006 at 07:26 PM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:17 PM   #79
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker
 
OGT from back in the day's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 173
Bincount™: 2
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai_nese View Post
And this might help too
(also from wikipedia)

"Anarchist communists reject the claim that wage labor is necessary because people are by "nature" lazy and selfish. They point out that even the so-called "idle rich" sometimes find useful things to do despite having all their needs satisfied by the labor of others.

Anarchist communists support communism as a means for ensuring the greatest freedom and well-being for everyone, rather than only the wealthy and powerful. In this sense, anarchist communism is a profoundly egalitarian philosophy. Anarchist communists do not think that anyone has the right to be anyone else's boss."
thanks
__________________
Rule 1: Good computers are the best.
Rule 2: There is no such thing as a good computer.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #80
Level 7 - Loquacious
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 398
Bincount™: 61
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

kroq absolutely kills both the pot and jambi by cutting out much of the song, they completely ripped out the most important part (to me) of vicarious
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote


Reply

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread
« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Quick Reply
Your Reply:
Forum Jump

all posts © their respective authors. the tool page is not responsible for any of their thoughts, brilliant or otherwise.