opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Opiate » 4. Cold and Ugly
User Name
Password
Old 02-24-2007, 02:11 PM   #1
formerly [i]from death we are nothing[/i]

Bincount™: 173
Straight Forward

I believe this song is about someone who has put up a front for people. They hide behind all this shit... They act a certain way because they are afraid of something. Rejection... Mabye this person was previously abused... I don't know. The fact is that "she" has put up this front to hide her fears even from herself.

The whole point of the song is that you are not alone, and we have to stop holding back.
We have to let go of all this shit together and evolve.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
Banned.

Location: Anywhere with the opportunity of being wooftacular!
Bincount™: 332
Re: Straight Forward

i'm not sure what this song is pointing to, becuase doesn't it say shes cold and ugly inside?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0

I love your interpenetration.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:55 PM   #4
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khastra_KSC View Post
I believe this song is about someone who has put up a front for people. They hide behind all this shit... They act a certain way because they are afraid of something. Rejection... Mabye this person was previously abused... I don't know. The fact is that "she" has put up this front to hide her fears even from herself.

The whole point of the song is that you are not alone, and we have to stop holding back.
We have to let go of all this shit together and evolve.
I agree with you. The song points to hiding behind material things instead of letting yourself be as you were supposed to be. We all put on a face thats supposed to please people everytime we step out the door. We've let things such as the media destroy what we we're supposed to be on the inside and out.... But... Because these things have changed the exterior's of our lives... its seeped into our consciousness making our minds think you must act this way all the time. Destroying what we are meant to be... Just human. Relying only on ourselves for information is the only way we will ever be able to transform back into our natural forms... Not what everybody around you expects your form to be.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:41 AM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
I agree with you. The song points to hiding behind material things instead of letting yourself be as you were supposed to be. We all put on a face thats supposed to please people everytime we step out the door. We've let things such as the media destroy what we we're supposed to be on the inside and out.... But... Because these things have changed the exterior's of our lives... its seeped into our consciousness making our minds think you must act this way all the time. Destroying what we are meant to be... Just human. Relying only on ourselves for information is the only way we will ever be able to transform back into our natural forms... Not what everybody around you expects your form to be.
All this talk about one of my all time favorite Tool songs just makes me smile :)
I can totally relate with this song and that is why I always choose to think for myself before engaging myself in anything with anyone. It's just a song about identifying that fear that exists and is a burden that all of us humans face as we coexist in our modern society. Imagine if people weren't afraid to be who they truly wanted to be without having to hide it.... I can only imagine what kind of place this earth would be.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:33 AM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

people are afraid to see who they really are
therefor they wont change
instead the run way and hide from the truth
ignoring the problem wont make it go away

if you look inside yourselves
and are not etremely fightened
you are not looking inside enough

if you believe there is nothing inside that needs changing