User Name
Password
ripewithdecay's Avatar ripewithdecay
04-27-2006, 01:09 PM

Post pictures dammit.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #201
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7
Re: New CD is in my HAND!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!

Post pictures dammit.
04-27-2006, 01:18 PM

How did you get the new album already?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #202
Banned.

Bincount™: 360

How did you get the new album already?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
godhenry
04-27-2006, 01:25 PM

i'm just wondering when all the TOOL nerds are going to run into trees, run into windows, run into each other on the streets and at schools by intensely looking at the album art with nerdiest glasses/goggles. don't get me wrong. nice album art. but it's going to be a funny scene.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #203
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

i'm just wondering when all the TOOL nerds are going to run into trees, run into windows, run into each other on the streets and at schools by intensely looking at the album art with nerdiest glasses/goggles. don't get me wrong. nice album art. but it's going to be a funny scene.
04-27-2006, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuphat
Yes it is on that list
its not on that list if its the place i got it
Old 04-27-2006, 01:26 PM   #204
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Clarkie1123 was not lying

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuphat
Yes it is on that list
its not on that list if its the place i got it
04-27-2006, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeWilson
Yes, it sounds MUCH better than the leak, simply because it's not mp3. This is the best packaging I have ever seen!! I drove an hour to get it. Thank you Wupat for the "clues." I am fucking loving this disc! Can't wait to see them on the 17th. My wife is eventually going to throw me out for blasting so much Tool!
The leak is encoded in 320 kbits/s so I don't think there must be an huge difference between the CD and the leak......do I make a mistake ??
Old 04-27-2006, 01:28 PM   #205
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Yes, it sounds MUCH better than the leak, simply because it's not mp3. This is the best packaging I have ever seen!! I drove an hour to get it. Thank you Wupat for the "clues." I am fucking loving this disc! Can't wait to see them on the 17th. My wife is eventually going to throw me out for blasting so much Tool!
The leak is encoded in 320 kbits/s so I don't think there must be an huge difference between the CD and the leak......do I make a mistake ??
04-27-2006, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlc210
Cool, then get the hell out of here you hater! Go post in a thread where someone actually shares the same opinion as you! Most of us are here to rejoice a great piece of music, not to bash it. PEACE OUTTY!
Nigga! He wasnt bashing it. hes saying that hes already heard the album so he doesnt care that you have. And ofcourse he'll enjoy glancing the artwork! goddam people have an annoying need to state the fucking obvious...
Old 04-27-2006, 01:29 PM   #206
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlc210
Cool, then get the hell out of here you hater! Go post in a thread where someone actually shares the same opinion as you! Most of us are here to rejoice a great piece of music, not to bash it. PEACE OUTTY!
Nigga! He wasnt bashing it. hes saying that hes already heard the album so he doesnt care that you have. And ofcourse he'll enjoy glancing the artwork! goddam people have an annoying need to state the fucking obvious...
kether4602's Avatar kether4602
04-27-2006, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tDoXoMl
...and you didnt just state the obvious?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:33 PM   #207
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tDoXoMl
...and you didnt just state the obvious?
Geedorah's Avatar Geedorah
04-27-2006, 01:40 PM

Anyone know any spots in the Bay Area that are selling early?
Old 04-27-2006, 01:40 PM   #208
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Re: Official "OMG I have 10K Days!" thread

Anyone know any spots in the Bay Area that are selling early?
04-27-2006, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Does it sound as shit as the real one????...................... lol
Old 04-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #209
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 8254

Quote:
Does it sound as shit as the real one????...................... lol
04-27-2006, 02:04 PM

Quote:
God, for the millionth time, if you had an MP3 version of the leak, that means some moron transcoded from the original high-quality M4As, which would have killed a lot of the audio fidelity. Why do people keep downloading MP3 versions? You want the original M4A versions. M4A holds more sound information at a smaller filesize anyway--it's the superior format.

The M4As sound fantastic and likely not much different from the CD, if there's any notable difference at all beyond the normal one between compressed and uncompressed audio.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:04 PM   #210

Bincount™: 2

Quote:
God, for the millionth time, if you had an MP3 version of the leak, that means some moron transcoded from the original high-quality M4As, which would have killed a lot of the audio fidelity. Why do people keep downloading MP3 versions? You want the original M4A versions. M4A holds more sound information at a smaller filesize anyway--it's the superior format.

The M4As sound fantastic and likely not much different from the CD, if there's any notable difference at all beyond the normal one between compressed and uncompressed audio.
black_rose's Avatar black_rose
04-27-2006, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonch

We know that thats why i am not listening no more till CD lands in my hand fuck MP3's and shit, we all have massive hard drives i hate listening to stuff thats not WAV or directly from CD. I have a shit sound setup to at the moment so even WAV's may sound bad, haha.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:07 PM   #211
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

We know that thats why i am not listening no more till CD lands in my hand fuck MP3's and shit, we all have massive hard drives i hate listening to stuff thats not WAV or directly from CD. I have a shit sound setup to at the moment so even WAV's may sound bad, haha.
04-27-2006, 02:10 PM

Hum....oki I thought that if I encoded my CDs in MP3 320 kbps I wouldn't lose a lot of quality but it's a mistake so...??? I mean, does it make an AUDIBLE difference ?? Because I will buy the CD but only because i respect the band, I will encode it in MP3 and add it to my computer...it's far more practical !!!
Old 04-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #212
Level 4 - Thinker

Hum....oki I thought that if I encoded my CDs in MP3 320 kbps I wouldn't lose a lot of quality but it's a mistake so...??? I mean, does it make an AUDIBLE difference ?? Because I will buy the CD but only because i respect the band, I will encode it in MP3 and add it to my computer...it's far more practical !!!
04-27-2006, 02:13 PM

Anytime you convert or compress there is loss.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:13 PM   #213
Level 4 - Thinker

black_rose's Avatar black_rose
04-27-2006, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vehuiah
rip it as a WAV with Wavelab or something, if you have over a 80gb hard drive you can have loads of WAV files stored on your hard drive. About 500 - 800 meg average CD, the quality is so much better though.

I only have a few albums WAV on my PC, Aenima Lateralus by Tool and Ghost Reveries and damnation by opeth. Yes it does make an audible difference, check it out you will see.

Last edited by black_rose; 04-27-2006 at 02:17 PM..
Old 04-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #214
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
rip it as a WAV with Wavelab or something, if you have over a 80gb hard drive you can have loads of WAV files stored on your hard drive. About 500 - 800 meg average CD, the quality is so much better though.

I only have a few albums WAV on my PC, Aenima Lateralus by Tool and Ghost Reveries and damnation by opeth. Yes it does make an audible difference, check it out you will see.

Last edited by black_rose; 04-27-2006 at 02:17 PM..
slicknickshady's Avatar slicknickshady
04-27-2006, 02:16 PM

name the fucking store for crying out loud.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:16 PM   #215
dorkus maximus
(the t.d.n crybaby)

Bincount™: 832

name the fucking store for crying out loud.
Dalamar's Avatar Dalamar
04-27-2006, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka
Incorrect.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:20 PM   #216
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 962

Quote:
Incorrect.
04-27-2006, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdub420
this album artwork rocks and yes there is lenses and no its not a hoax and the place i bought it from says they got in trouble and they dont care
How the hell are people in America getting the actual album already?
Old 04-27-2006, 02:46 PM   #217

Bincount™: 5
Re: now i have it too

Quote:
this album artwork rocks and yes there is lenses and no its not a hoax and the place i bought it from says they got in trouble and they dont care
How the hell are people in America getting the actual album already?
themayanlion
04-27-2006, 02:48 PM

sometimes the label sends out copies teh weekend before, at least that's what they did when i worked in Barnes and Noble.

what keeps them from being sold is that if any soundscan stuff happens before the 'on sale' date, motherfuckers get shot

some people say this is how the iraq war started
Old 04-27-2006, 02:48 PM   #218
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: now i have it too

sometimes the label sends out copies teh weekend before, at least that's what they did when i worked in Barnes and Noble.

what keeps them from being sold is that if any soundscan stuff happens before the 'on sale' date, motherfuckers get shot

some people say this is how the iraq war started
eonphi's Avatar eonphi
04-27-2006, 03:02 PM

nice
Old 04-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #219
Level Φ - sXe

Bincount™: 16

nice
tomadde
04-27-2006, 03:39 PM

Official releas was 2 hours ago here in Belgium ... sold out in half an hour ... but the artwork is really amazing!!!!

There are some kind of glasses on the case, and when you look through them the whole booklet is in 3D!

Amazing stuff ...
Old 04-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #220
Level 4 - Thinker

Artwork

Official releas was 2 hours ago here in Belgium ... sold out in half an hour ... but the artwork is really amazing!!!!

There are some kind of glasses on the case, and when you look through them the whole booklet is in 3D!

Amazing stuff ...
Artemis
04-27-2006, 03:41 PM

My record shop just rang me (9:05am) to tell me the new album has just arrived and i can pick it up now. So i'm off to get it. Yes i'm excited. Anyone else in Australia got theirs yet?
Old 04-27-2006, 03:41 PM   #221
Level 4 - Thinker

It's here and waiting...

My record shop just rang me (9:05am) to tell me the new album has just arrived and i can pick it up now. So i'm off to get it. Yes i'm excited. Anyone else in Australia got theirs yet?
elevate's Avatar elevate
04-27-2006, 03:46 PM

Quote:
the original high-quality M4As
192kbps M4A is "high-quality"? Oh, you're the guy that think EAC is useless because it rips only to MP3. It all makes sense now.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #222
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 211

Quote:
the original high-quality M4As
192kbps M4A is "high-quality"? Oh, you're the guy that think EAC is useless because it rips only to MP3. It all makes sense now.
elevate's Avatar elevate
04-27-2006, 03:49 PM

Quote:
I mean, does it make an AUDIBLE difference ??
Depending on DAC, the preamp and amp stage, and whatever drivers you're using, yes. If you have a crappy soundcard and are listening with a pair of those POS headphones they give you on airplanes, no.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #223
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 211

Quote:
I mean, does it make an AUDIBLE difference ??
Depending on DAC, the preamp and amp stage, and whatever drivers you're using, yes. If you have a crappy soundcard and are listening with a pair of those POS headphones they give you on airplanes, no.
Mortal Moxie's Avatar Mortal Moxie
04-27-2006, 04:06 PM

Quote:

I called 3 big name stores in my town and their not selling it early. They said major stores werent even getting promo copies, so who ever had that thread a while back about his buddy giving him the promo copy was full of shite.

Then I called 2 smaller mom and pop type stores. Music Stop, and Phoenix Records. They didnt get anything yet, but they said if they did they would not be selling it until the 2nd.

How are stores selling it?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #224

Quote:

I called 3 big name stores in my town and their not selling it early. They said major stores werent even getting promo copies, so who ever had that thread a while back about his buddy giving him the promo copy was full of shite.

Then I called 2 smaller mom and pop type stores. Music Stop, and Phoenix Records. They didnt get anything yet, but they said if they did they would not be selling it until the 2nd.

04-27-2006, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Including of course, when you convert music to digital to put onto CD in the first place.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:08 PM   #225
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Including of course, when you convert music to digital to put onto CD in the first place.
92ogt
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Moxie

That's weird. Usually ma and pop stores don't give a damn. I'm getting it (3 copies, yes I downloaded the leak) tomorrow at a mom and pop store along with the new Pearl Jam.

7/12/97 - Lollapalooza - E Center - Camden NJ
7/11/98 - Ozzfest - E Center - Camden NJ
9/24/01 - First Union Arena - Wilkes-Barre PA
9/25/01 - Hershey Park Arena - Heshey PA
9/27/01 - First Union Center - Philadelphia PA
8/12/02 - Sovereign Bank Arena - Trenton NJ
10/29/02 - First Union Spectrum - Philadelphia PA
5/17/06 - Tower Theatre - Upper Darby PA
9/28/06 - Tweeter Center - Camden NJ
10/2/06 - Wachovia Arena - Wilkes-Barre PA
6/9/07 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City NJ
7/16/07 - Sovereign Center - Reading PA
Old 04-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #226
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal Moxie

That's weird. Usually ma and pop stores don't give a damn. I'm getting it (3 copies, yes I downloaded the leak) tomorrow at a mom and pop store along with the new Pearl Jam.

7/12/97 - Lollapalooza - E Center - Camden NJ
7/11/98 - Ozzfest - E Center - Camden NJ
9/24/01 - First Union Arena - Wilkes-Barre PA
9/25/01 - Hershey Park Arena - Heshey PA
9/27/01 - First Union Center - Philadelphia PA
8/12/02 - Sovereign Bank Arena - Trenton NJ
10/29/02 - First Union Spectrum - Philadelphia PA
5/17/06 - Tower Theatre - Upper Darby PA
9/28/06 - Tweeter Center - Camden NJ
10/2/06 - Wachovia Arena - Wilkes-Barre PA
6/9/07 - Boardwalk Hall - Atlantic City NJ
7/16/07 - Sovereign Center - Reading PA
F!end's Avatar F!end
04-27-2006, 04:24 PM

Old 04-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #227

Bincount™: 7

04-27-2006, 04:25 PM

Some mom and pop stores have gotten it early. I'm sure it isn't delivered the same exact day to every vendor. This particular place had like 20 copies on display right next to the 20 copies of the new Pearl Jam. I said to the dude I didn't feel like waiting till Tuesday to get it, so I drove over here. The dude had no idea it was supposed to come out Tuesday. The other dude said, "yeah, it comes out tuesday." And that was that. Great purchase.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:25 PM   #228
Level 4 - Thinker

Some mom and pop stores have gotten it early. I'm sure it isn't delivered the same exact day to every vendor. This particular place had like 20 copies on display right next to the 20 copies of the new Pearl Jam. I said to the dude I didn't feel like waiting till Tuesday to get it, so I drove over here. The dude had no idea it was supposed to come out Tuesday. The other dude said, "yeah, it comes out tuesday." And that was that. Great purchase.
Yahiko
04-27-2006, 04:36 PM

Yeah, pretty sweet. I was in line for the Bilbo in Gent. There really were much more people than I had thought there would be.

Fun story: we went for a drink afterwards in the 'Boom Boom' and when the bartender saw I had the CD, he wanted to put on some songs because he himself failed to get one because they were sold out :). It was quite awesome hearing The Pot on such a good hifi-setup.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:36 PM   #229
Level 2 - Poster

Re: Artwork

Yeah, pretty sweet. I was in line for the Bilbo in Gent. There really were much more people than I had thought there would be.

Fun story: we went for a drink afterwards in the 'Boom Boom' and when the bartender saw I had the CD, he wanted to put on some songs because he himself failed to get one because they were sold out :). It was quite awesome hearing The Pot on such a good hifi-setup.
twads
04-27-2006, 04:40 PM

Man I wish i could see everything in stereoscopic vision....
Old 04-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #230
Level 2 - Poster

resonance.'s Avatar resonance.
04-27-2006, 04:50 PM

Quote:
you will give a fuck once you see the artwork
Usually I'm into a band for the music.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:50 PM   #231
amateur alchemist

Bincount™: 3472

Quote:
you will give a fuck once you see the artwork
Usually I'm into a band for the music.
TBL
04-27-2006, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko

haha cool story. Did he put on any other songs? And what was the general reaction by the non-Tool fans?
Old 04-27-2006, 05:07 PM   #232
TBL
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: Artwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahiko

haha cool story. Did he put on any other songs? And what was the general reaction by the non-Tool fans?
pseud0
04-27-2006, 05:21 PM

god damn it when are tool gunna smarten up and put the fucking lyrics in the packaging
Old 04-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #233
Level 3 - Talker

god damn it when are tool gunna smarten up and put the fucking lyrics in the packaging
Liam's Avatar Liam
04-27-2006, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumtool
have you seen tool live ?(obviously not)because maynard does play guitar
and he's shithouse.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:29 PM   #234
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1600
Re: Sydney Implement Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumtool
have you seen tool live ?(obviously not)because maynard does play guitar
and he's shithouse.
Liam's Avatar Liam
04-27-2006, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twads
haha
Old 04-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #235
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1600

Quote:
Originally Posted by twads
haha
wuphat's Avatar wuphat
04-27-2006, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseud0
When they start including guitar, bass and drum tablature, then you'll get lyrics. No one part of the band is any more important than any of the others.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #236
Level 8 - Vociferous

Location: Somehwere between the armpit of New York and the Crotch of Philadelphia
Bincount™: 26

Quote:
When they start including guitar, bass and drum tablature, then you'll get lyrics. No one part of the band is any more important than any of the others.
04-27-2006, 06:00 PM

uhh nice logic..
Old 04-27-2006, 06:00 PM   #237
Level 3 - Talker

uhh nice logic..
idontmind462's Avatar idontmind462
04-27-2006, 06:04 PM

That's perfect fucking logic, and I should know. I'm Logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!end
Most emo Tool fan award goes to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamar
Incorrect.
Apparently he hasn't heard of Lossles formats...

by the way, there is such thing as overdoing it, WAV converts everything to the highest bit-rate normal CD players can handle (present), this is rarely needed can make a song sound thin.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Old 04-27-2006, 06:04 PM   #238
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 123

That's perfect fucking logic, and I should know. I'm Logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F!end
Most emo Tool fan award goes to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalamar
Incorrect.
Apparently he hasn't heard of Lossles formats...

by the way, there is such thing as overdoing it, WAV converts everything to the highest bit-rate normal CD players can handle (present), this is rarely needed can make a song sound thin.
"a mass of gallon sloth, as flys have walls for feet, a rapturous-verbatim-someone said but who's to know, and when you find the fringe, the one last hit that spent you, you'll find the ossuary is spilling by the day"
Frenchy
04-27-2006, 06:07 PM

Quote:
The band wants the listener to experience the music first, rather than to think about it. It's for this reason that they post lyrics on the net a short time after the release.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #239
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
The band wants the listener to experience the music first, rather than to think about it. It's for this reason that they post lyrics on the net a short time after the release.
04-27-2006, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rose_immortal

Use EAC. the best CD ripping program in the world for most accurate CD ripping.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:10 PM   #240
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rose_immortal

Use EAC. the best CD ripping program in the world for most accurate CD ripping.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply