Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Fear Inoculum
User Name
Password
5th Eye's Avatar 5th Eye
12-22-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubb. View Post
Srsly, why is there no 40 page thread about the new INANFTP album?
you got my hopes up, but there isn't one, you lying poo head
Old 12-22-2014, 04:16 PM   #1481
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubb. View Post
Srsly, why is there no 40 page thread about the new INANFTP album?
12-22-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
Not a finished one.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:34 PM   #1482
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
Not a finished one.
02-08-2015, 01:18 PM

Tool will put something out better than owner of a Lonley heart, but they will be using more synthesizers. I hope for the better. Danny will be featured more and more as they age. Maynard's vocal will become softer and Justin and Adam will go in more of an AC/DC meets Early Radiohead direction. I could be way off but I think it will still be good music. It's not like they ever wrote anything so far beyond current music that we should expect them to now. Just some quirky heavy guitar and drum music with ambient sounds and a range of vocals. But they do a top notch job at it. Very distinct and memorable. Their music kinda makes you think sometimes. Very Good.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:18 PM   #1483
Banned.

Bincount™: 0

Tool will put something out better than owner of a Lonley heart, but they will be using more synthesizers. I hope for the better. Danny will be featured more and more as they age. Maynard's vocal will become softer and Justin and Adam will go in more of an AC/DC meets Early Radiohead direction. I could be way off but I think it will still be good music. It's not like they ever wrote anything so far beyond current music that we should expect them to now. Just some quirky heavy guitar and drum music with ambient sounds and a range of vocals. But they do a top notch job at it. Very distinct and memorable. Their music kinda makes you think sometimes. Very Good.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
02-08-2015, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbath View Post
Synthy
Old 02-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #1484
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Synthy
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
02-14-2015, 11:42 AM

Looks like Tool is on the studio recording the new album!!
Old 02-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #1485
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
02-14-2015, 01:57 PM

Don't get jag excited. We don't know that for sure yet.

Sorry JAG.
Old 02-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #1486
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Sorry JAG.
BlackSabbath
02-14-2015, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
are you sure those arent decoys?
Old 02-14-2015, 03:08 PM   #1487
Banned.

Quote:
are you sure those arent decoys?
J A G's Avatar J A G
02-14-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post

Sorry JAG.
:( thanks pal
Old 02-14-2015, 03:26 PM   #1488

Bincount™: 7676

Quote:

Sorry JAG.
:( thanks pal
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
02-14-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Like on the roof of the loft? Exciting!
Old 02-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #1489
Up From The Skies

Quote:
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
02-15-2015, 10:48 PM

maynard says we are gullible. who the fuck knows. i'm blowing up adams social media, quick everyone do the same and whats blairs email.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:48 PM   #1490
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

maynard says we are gullible. who the fuck knows. i'm blowing up adams social media, quick everyone do the same and whats blairs email.
Malaclypse
02-15-2015, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
maybe you'd be gullible to believe Maynard calling you gullible. O.o think about it...

plus, I'm sure they appreciate spam. it's probably the pick-me-up they need to record faster.

"Be patient..."

Last edited by Malaclypse; 02-15-2015 at 11:26 PM..
Old 02-15-2015, 11:22 PM   #1491
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
maybe you'd be gullible to believe Maynard calling you gullible. O.o think about it...

plus, I'm sure they appreciate spam. it's probably the pick-me-up they need to record faster.

"Be patient..."

Last edited by Malaclypse; 02-15-2015 at 11:26 PM..
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
02-16-2015, 08:22 AM

Man, screw Nardo. I don't care if they're just in the space jamming around and that atmosphere gives them a little more grounds to do so faster...I think it's good news. I think Maynard likes pulling people's chains, though he has been the most straight-forward about their progress up until this point. Maybe he's just trying to tell people, "We're not recording the album yet, but they're working on things." I don't really care. It's good news, especially given that the lawsuit has been settled and they can focus full-force.

Also, did anyone recognize the stuff Adam was playing, or was it just noodling? I want to go listen to it again...someone who has been in the business for that long would know noodling while someone else was talking is just something you don't do, but I really do wonder what he was hinting at with it.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 02-16-2015, 08:22 AM   #1492
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Man, screw Nardo. I don't care if they're just in the space jamming around and that atmosphere gives them a little more grounds to do so faster...I think it's good news. I think Maynard likes pulling people's chains, though he has been the most straight-forward about their progress up until this point. Maybe he's just trying to tell people, "We're not recording the album yet, but they're working on things." I don't really care. It's good news, especially given that the lawsuit has been settled and they can focus full-force.

Also, did anyone recognize the stuff Adam was playing, or was it just noodling? I want to go listen to it again...someone who has been in the business for that long would know noodling while someone else was talking is just something you don't do, but I really do wonder what he was hinting at with it.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
02-16-2015, 08:25 AM

this is a stretch but.... that video adams wearing the same thing he's wearing in the initial instagram post with all four of them posted back in october...
Old 02-16-2015, 08:25 AM   #1493
Level 7 - Loquacious

this is a stretch but.... that video adams wearing the same thing he's wearing in the initial instagram post with all four of them posted back in october...
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
02-16-2015, 08:26 AM

the curveball is something is done and near imminent.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:26 AM   #1494
Level 7 - Loquacious

the curveball is something is done and near imminent.
Malaclypse
02-16-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
i don't know if it meant anything or not. it could be a brief example of what is on the next album. but my first impression was that he was playing to intentionally drown out the dude sitting beside him - maybe he was saying something important about their progress? idk.
Old 02-16-2015, 08:59 AM   #1495
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
i don't know if it meant anything or not. it could be a brief example of what is on the next album. but my first impression was that he was playing to intentionally drown out the dude sitting beside him - maybe he was saying something important about their progress? idk.
02-16-2015, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
Definitely need to listen to it again, then. Adam takes his time with stuff and doesn't like showy guitarists, so I really think there was something more there.

Odd thought, have y'all ever heard the Tool album remix project from Gods Other Devil? They're kind of a stretch, but I found them interesting, and they grow on you.

Old 02-16-2015, 09:10 AM   #1496
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaclypse View Post
Definitely need to listen to it again, then. Adam takes his time with stuff and doesn't like showy guitarists, so I really think there was something more there.

Odd thought, have y'all ever heard the Tool album remix project from Gods Other Devil? They're kind of a stretch, but I found them interesting, and they grow on you.

Malaclypse
02-16-2015, 09:16 AM

that's a pretty cool video. i gotta check out the rest when i get back from class
Old 02-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #1497
Banned.

that's a pretty cool video. i gotta check out the rest when i get back from class
02-16-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
They couldn't afford to buy the storm sounds from a studio with the lawsuit, so they're recording them themselves this time around.

"Storms sounds provided by Danny 'Lightning Rod' Carey. Thanks, Dan. Your hair was getting too long anyway."

Old 02-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #1498
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
They couldn't afford to buy the storm sounds from a studio with the lawsuit, so they're recording them themselves this time around.

"Storms sounds provided by Danny 'Lightning Rod' Carey. Thanks, Dan. Your hair was getting too long anyway."

02-16-2015, 01:39 PM

It sounded like noodling to me. I've never really seen that as a no-no while people are talking, but i do get what you mean. I've done it for sure, but I can listen perfectly fine while playing, I just cant talk. I have to stop in order to respond to conversation.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:39 PM   #1499
Level 10 - Vehement

It sounded like noodling to me. I've never really seen that as a no-no while people are talking, but i do get what you mean. I've done it for sure, but I can listen perfectly fine while playing, I just cant talk. I have to stop in order to respond to conversation.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
02-16-2015, 02:59 PM

[From Fourtheye]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair
16 February, 2015 (12:41pm)
TOOL UPDATE (EVEN THOUGH TODAY IS A HOLIDAY)

Wouldn't you know it. Here I am hoping to observe President's Day by taking care of something at home that I have been putting off for way too long, when I am bombarded with email from Tool fans wanting to know what's going on concerning a recent Facebook post (now making the rounds on all of the on-line music sites) about the members of the band tracking in the same recording facility where the band "Motorhead" are working on something. Well, realizing that millions of you need to get back to shoveling the snow off of your houses instead of anxiously waiting for further information to appear on a computer screen, here are four possibilities that I can think of, with one of them probably being the most likely answer to the chance meeting between the two bands in the same recording studio:

A) The members of Tool that the guys in Motorhead saw and interacted with in the studio were actually the DECOY members of the band , who have started tracking tunes for the new DECOY Tool album.

B) Rather than tracking tunes for the next Tool record, the (real) members of the band have begun tracking (real) tunes for the Tool album that is to be released AFTER the next Tool album is released.

c) Rather than tracking anything, the members of the band were in the studio mixing music that was recorded sometime ago, which might not have anything to do with the next Tool album (which is still in the writing/arranging process), but might be used for another Tool project that has been in the works for a while, of which I am currently not at liberty to add any further details.

D) All of the above.

Okay, like I mentioned earlier, one of these is most likely correct. Now, you have lots of snow to shovel, and I have more socks to fold...
Good ol Blair
Old 02-16-2015, 02:59 PM   #1500
Up From The Skies

[From Fourtheye]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair
16 February, 2015 (12:41pm)
TOOL UPDATE (EVEN THOUGH TODAY IS A HOLIDAY)

Wouldn't you know it. Here I am hoping to observe President's Day by taking care of something at home that I have been putting off for way too long, when I am bombarded with email from Tool fans wanting to know what's going on concerning a recent Facebook post (now making the rounds on all of the on-line music sites) about the members of the band tracking in the same recording facility where the band "Motorhead" are working on something. Well, realizing that millions of you need to get back to shoveling the snow off of your houses instead of anxiously waiting for further information to appear on a computer screen, here are four possibilities that I can think of, with one of them probably being the most likely answer to the chance meeting between the two bands in the same recording studio:

A) The members of Tool that the guys in Motorhead saw and interacted with in the studio were actually the DECOY members of the band , who have started tracking tunes for the new DECOY Tool album.

B) Rather than tracking tunes for the next Tool record, the (real) members of the band have begun tracking (real) tunes for the Tool album that is to be released AFTER the next Tool album is released.

c) Rather than tracking anything, the members of the band were in the studio mixing music that was recorded sometime ago, which might not have anything to do with the next Tool album (which is still in the writing/arranging process), but might be used for another Tool project that has been in the works for a while, of which I am currently not at liberty to add any further details.

D) All of the above.

Okay, like I mentioned earlier, one of these is most likely correct. Now, you have lots of snow to shovel, and I have more socks to fold...
Good ol Blair
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
02-16-2015, 04:10 PM

what if it was d)?
Old 02-16-2015, 04:10 PM   #1501
Level 7 - Loquacious

what if it was d)?
02-16-2015, 04:21 PM

Blair just likes giving out the D.
Old 02-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #1502
Level 10 - Vehement

Blair just likes giving out the D.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
02-16-2015, 04:29 PM

It's so cold in the D
Old 02-16-2015, 04:29 PM   #1503
Up From The Skies

It's so cold in the D
mcnadd's Avatar mcnadd
02-16-2015, 05:01 PM

Its a big D.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:01 PM   #1504
Level 7 - Loquacious

Its a big D.
asymptotic's Avatar asymptotic
02-26-2015, 07:58 PM

Last edited by asymptotic; 02-26-2015 at 08:00 PM..
Old 02-26-2015, 07:58 PM   #1505
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3

Last edited by asymptotic; 02-26-2015 at 08:00 PM..
02-27-2015, 07:52 AM

It only took 4 years and 1584 posts to get something solid out of this thread.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 02-27-2015 at 07:53 AM..
Old 02-27-2015, 07:52 AM   #1506
Level 10 - Vehement

It only took 4 years and 1584 posts to get something solid out of this thread.

Last edited by elusivEuphoria; 02-27-2015 at 07:53 AM..
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
02-27-2015, 07:24 PM

Holy shit fuck yes. Fuckin tool... I can hate em for two years, as soon as they drop some pics and new content info I'm instantly a fanboy. These guys know what they're doing... This pic got me all riled up and reinvigorated for the new album. I'm really excited
Old 02-27-2015, 07:24 PM   #1507
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

Holy shit fuck yes. Fuckin tool... I can hate em for two years, as soon as they drop some pics and new content info I'm instantly a fanboy. These guys know what they're doing... This pic got me all riled up and reinvigorated for the new album. I'm really excited
02-28-2015, 02:37 PM

So Maynard is going to start writing lyrics for a half Finished album? And this is supposed to be promising to us? Call me when it's finished two and a half years from now.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:37 PM   #1508
Banned.

So Maynard is going to start writing lyrics for a half Finished album? And this is supposed to be promising to us? Call me when it's finished two and a half years from now.
Malaclypse
02-28-2015, 02:46 PM

Quote:
by half-finished, i'm assuming they mean they have all the songs in their heads, but still have yet to track them down into a recording, mix, master, and release them.
Old 02-28-2015, 02:46 PM   #1509
Banned.

Quote:
by half-finished, i'm assuming they mean they have all the songs in their heads, but still have yet to track them down into a recording, mix, master, and release them.
BlackSabbath
03-01-2015, 12:20 PM

And how long do you think it will actually take for them to finish the rest of the songs and release an album? It's 9 years to this point, I can't imagine it being less than a year even if they all work diligently.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:20 PM   #1510
Banned.

And how long do you think it will actually take for them to finish the rest of the songs and release an album? It's 9 years to this point, I can't imagine it being less than a year even if they all work diligently.
J A G's Avatar J A G
03-01-2015, 12:23 PM

1 informative post vs. 1590 posts containing outlandish assumptions and speculations.

is there a worst of interact sub-forum?

EDIT: and yes, I'm including my posts in the post count.
Old 03-01-2015, 12:23 PM   #1511

1 informative post vs. 1590 posts containing outlandish assumptions and speculations.

is there a worst of interact sub-forum?

EDIT: and yes, I'm including my posts in the post count.
Malaclypse
03-01-2015, 01:21 PM

i just figured that's what this thread was about; discussing our assumptions on it. otherwise it'd be only a page or two long and just BMB's news copied and pasted

Quote:
i really couldn't say. it seems like Maynard has been saying that he's "just about" to go into the studio for several months now.
Old 03-01-2015, 01:21 PM   #1512
Banned.

i just figured that's what this thread was about; discussing our assumptions on it. otherwise it'd be only a page or two long and just BMB's news copied and pasted

Quote:
i really couldn't say. it seems like Maynard has been saying that he's "just about" to go into the studio for several months now.
BlackSabbath
03-01-2015, 03:34 PM

I remember when it was supposed to come out in 2010. Lies. All lies.
Old 03-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #1513
Banned.

Malaclypse
03-01-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
i actually think that "Tool releaseth a new album." was the final chapter in Crowley's Book of Lies
Old 03-01-2015, 04:17 PM   #1514
Banned.

Quote:
i actually think that "Tool releaseth a new album." was the final chapter in Crowley's Book of Lies
03-15-2015, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Deep View Post
I think it's wise for people to remember that you're talking about a band of guys who are now in their 50s. They're 20 years past the point of cramming writing sessions into a 4 day LSD cruise and caring whether the musings and ramblings on the other side of that make shit all sense or coherent structure to people in the context of vaguely unorthodox alternative-prog-light-metal. Apparently they're 10 years past the point of really having much motivation to force themselves to be in a room together unless it's going to generate instant cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Jones
“We’re older guys now,” he explains. “Everyone kind of has their own life, and the fire that burned in us when we were in our 20s isn’t there anymore. There’s still a fire, it’s just a different kind of fire. So of course, we’re writing and working hard, but we’ve gotten to a point where we’re relaxed and we’re meeting occasionally to get the writing done instead of every day. But I feel like every day we work on the songs is a productive day and we’re getting closer and closer to finishing them.”
Thought I'd stick those together.

I'm sure everyone read the interview on that other tool site already.
Old 03-15-2015, 08:21 PM   #1515
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven Deep View Post
I think it's wise for people to remember that you're talking about a band of guys who are now in their 50s. They're 20 years past the point of cramming writing sessions into a 4 day LSD cruise and caring whether the musings and ramblings on the other side of that make shit all sense or coherent structure to people in the context of vaguely unorthodox alternative-prog-light-metal. Apparently they're 10 years past the point of really having much motivation to force themselves to be in a room together unless it's going to generate instant cash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Jones
“We’re older guys now,” he explains. “Everyone kind of has their own life, and the fire that burned in us when we were in our 20s isn’t there anymore. There’s still a fire, it’s just a different kind of fire. So of course, we’re writing and working hard, but we’ve gotten to a point where we’re relaxed and we’re meeting occasionally to get the writing done instead of every day. But I feel like every day we work on the songs is a productive day and we’re getting closer and closer to finishing them.”

lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-16-2015, 02:55 AM

Quote:

Nice. It was a refreshing article to read. It's great to be enlightened with what is really going on with the boys. Which I read from the source yesterday morning on Rolling Stone magazine's website.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:55 AM   #1516
Up From The Skies

Quote:

Nice. It was a refreshing article to read. It's great to be enlightened with what is really going on with the boys. Which I read from the source yesterday morning on Rolling Stone magazine's website.
tevin downsend's Avatar tevin downsend
03-16-2015, 11:04 AM

This thread was made in 2011.

I think the guys are done.

Next year a decade will have passed since they put out an album. That is just done.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:04 AM   #1517
Ignorant Irresponsible Bastard

Bincount™: 523

This thread was made in 2011.

I think the guys are done.

Next year a decade will have passed since they put out an album. That is just done.
03-17-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Yeah, I've been batting a question back and forth in my head about; why haven't they been more forthcoming about information like this as it's been happening? But I ultimately don't think they could have done that without the average tool fan's motto turning into "Excuses, excuses!". Even an informed tool fan could still be short-sighted and ignorant. It's probably best to hear this news the way they've handled it. Reserved disclosure until something positive and/or concrete can be said.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:37 AM   #1518
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Yeah, I've been batting a question back and forth in my head about; why haven't they been more forthcoming about information like this as it's been happening? But I ultimately don't think they could have done that without the average tool fan's motto turning into "Excuses, excuses!". Even an informed tool fan could still be short-sighted and ignorant. It's probably best to hear this news the way they've handled it. Reserved disclosure until something positive and/or concrete can be said.
J A G's Avatar J A G
03-18-2015, 03:35 PM

I want to listen to the new Tool album with you, eE. That would be nice.
Old 03-18-2015, 03:35 PM   #1519

I want to listen to the new Tool album with you, eE. That would be nice.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
03-18-2015, 04:28 PM

Setting for the first Tool listen:

Medium sized room 15x15
Open a window
Burn sage in the middle of the room and work your way out in a spiral moving outwards
Put out the sage
Arrange 6 candles in a hexagon in the middle of the room and light them
Have a bottle of vanilla mead and an appropriate glass or chalice to drink it out of
Smoke a joint or a blunt
Get yourself comfortable, preferably in a recliner
Press play

Last edited by lotus.; 03-18-2015 at 04:36 PM..
Old 03-18-2015, 04:28 PM   #1520
Up From The Skies

Setting for the first Tool listen:

Medium sized room 15x15
Open a window
Burn sage in the middle of the room and work your way out in a spiral moving outwards
Put out the sage
Arrange 6 candles in a hexagon in the middle of the room and light them
Have a bottle of vanilla mead and an appropriate glass or chalice to drink it out of
Smoke a joint or a blunt
Get yourself comfortable, preferably in a recliner
Press play

Last edited by lotus.; 03-18-2015 at 04:36 PM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply