Re: New Tool Album

Shit just got real.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Esteban Crespo's Avatar Esteban Crespo
07-21-2014, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dilkington View Post
fior de latte or gtfo imo
Try Mozzarella, spinach and provolone...worth dying for.
Old 07-21-2014, 09:03 PM   #1362
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
fior de latte or gtfo imo
Try Mozzarella, spinach and provolone...worth dying for.
07-22-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by base metal View Post
sounds like a lengthy case of writer's block/lack of inspiration [enter other reasons here]
In a 2013 radio interview with Justin and Danny, about 10 minutes in Justin actually uses the phrase 'writer's block' in explaining why the writing has been taking so long. He doesn't allude to any external factors contributing to the slow creative process.

http://youtu.be/Dcyir50KoDU
Old 07-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #1363
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by base metal View Post
sounds like a lengthy case of writer's block/lack of inspiration [enter other reasons here]
In a 2013 radio interview with Justin and Danny, about 10 minutes in Justin actually uses the phrase 'writer's block' in explaining why the writing has been taking so long. He doesn't allude to any external factors contributing to the slow creative process.

http://youtu.be/Dcyir50KoDU
Inbred Fred's Avatar Inbred Fred
07-22-2014, 08:46 PM

Just about a million bands have released a million good albums since Tool came out with their last mediocre album.

I dun moved on.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #1364
Ne'er a Grievance

Bincount™: 4432

Just about a million bands have released a million good albums since Tool came out with their last mediocre album.

I dun moved on.
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
07-23-2014, 05:12 AM

Old 07-23-2014, 05:12 AM   #1365
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

07-23-2014, 10:31 PM

they have gotten quite a bit more tumbly on the past few albums. if you haven't, you should check out "the great misdirect" and "parallax 2: the future sequence".. both better than 10kd.

i'll stop talking about how bad tool is in this thread, lest i face the same fate as lucydog.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:31 PM   #1366
john dough

they have gotten quite a bit more tumbly on the past few albums. if you haven't, you should check out "the great misdirect" and "parallax 2: the future sequence".. both better than 10kd.

i'll stop talking about how bad tool is in this thread, lest i face the same fate as lucydog.
07-23-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth View Post
soft section in the middle reminds me of dream theater, heavier screaming sections remind me of opeth, didn't notice any tumbly drums

but it was a pretty cool track.
Old 07-23-2014, 10:56 PM   #1367
On Probation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogsnarth View Post
soft section in the middle reminds me of dream theater, heavier screaming sections remind me of opeth, didn't notice any tumbly drums

bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
07-23-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:

i can definitely hear both of those influences.. oddly, i never cared much for what i heard of either of those bands, but btbam pulls it off just right for me. the tumbliest part of that song starts around 2:12.

edit: side note, seeing them live was really fucking impressive. they manage to pull off all the weird time signature shifts and whatnot perfectly. the vocalist can't quite reproduce all the multitracked vocals, but he still does a damn good job.

Last edited by bogsnarth; 07-23-2014 at 11:17 PM..
Old 07-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #1368
john dough

Quote:

i can definitely hear both of those influences.. oddly, i never cared much for what i heard of either of those bands, but btbam pulls it off just right for me. the tumbliest part of that song starts around 2:12.

edit: side note, seeing them live was really fucking impressive. they manage to pull off all the weird time signature shifts and whatnot perfectly. the vocalist can't quite reproduce all the multitracked vocals, but he still does a damn good job.

Last edited by bogsnarth; 07-23-2014 at 11:17 PM..
Jalamanta
08-14-2014, 07:47 AM

Posted this in the Primus thread

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ember-20140814

Quote:
Carey and guitarist Adam Jones reported they have written enough music for a new album but are editing it down to songs. "It's all a little more 'metal' sounding, if I may," Carey said at the time of the group's direction. "I'm having fun drumming on it."
Old 08-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #1369
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

Posted this in the Primus thread

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ember-20140814

Quote:
Carey and guitarist Adam Jones reported they have written enough music for a new album but are editing it down to songs. "It's all a little more 'metal' sounding, if I may," Carey said at the time of the group's direction. "I'm having fun drumming on it."
semi-sentient's Avatar semi-sentient
08-23-2014, 11:26 AM

For those questioning whether there really was a lawsuit:

http://web.archive.org/web/200706291....com/articles/
http://www.fourtheye.net/tag/cam-de-leon/

The original lawsuit filed by Cam De Leon appears to have been resolved some time ago but they are still battling with the insurance company who was supposed to have covered them in the event of a lawsuit.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #1370
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

For those questioning whether there really was a lawsuit:

http://web.archive.org/web/200706291....com/articles/
http://www.fourtheye.net/tag/cam-de-leon/

The original lawsuit filed by Cam De Leon appears to have been resolved some time ago but they are still battling with the insurance company who was supposed to have covered them in the event of a lawsuit.
08-23-2014, 12:58 PM

do i need to take down my cherub tapestry? what, did he think he was the fifth member or something? who -is- the fifth member? the fans? i kid. alex grey? aloke dutta? blair? aw, who cares...
Old 08-23-2014, 12:58 PM   #1371
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

do i need to take down my cherub tapestry? what, did he think he was the fifth member or something? who -is- the fifth member? the fans? i kid. alex grey? aloke dutta? blair? aw, who cares...
08-23-2014, 09:25 PM

i'll show you a fifth member..
Old 08-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #1372
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

i'll show you a fifth member..
jeffton93
08-30-2014, 12:44 PM

more of an industrial / experimental metal fan here; grew out of early swans, godflesh, big black, and 90s neurosis, etc. usually consider neurosis' through silver in blood surpassing anything by tool. 00's came and good so called black / death industrial metal bands came too; from the top of my head: deathspell omega, blut aus nord and nowadays portal and aevangelist tops anything i can think of. last great metal albums of 10's were swans + aluk todolo. considering tool's 10.000 days was a tribute to meshuggah (e.g. catch 33) i really don't expect anything innovative from them anymore, unfortunetly...
Old 08-30-2014, 12:44 PM   #1373
Banned.

more of an industrial / experimental metal fan here; grew out of early swans, godflesh, big black, and 90s neurosis, etc. usually consider neurosis' through silver in blood surpassing anything by tool. 00's came and good so called black / death industrial metal bands came too; from the top of my head: deathspell omega, blut aus nord and nowadays portal and aevangelist tops anything i can think of. last great metal albums of 10's were swans + aluk todolo. considering tool's 10.000 days was a tribute to meshuggah (e.g. catch 33) i really don't expect anything innovative from them anymore, unfortunetly...
BlackSabbath
09-08-2014, 05:24 AM

The new album is almost ready. We are getting closer. Tool is better than any band in the universe. They use occult symbolism and sad angry emotions.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:24 AM   #1374
Banned.

The new album is almost ready. We are getting closer. Tool is better than any band in the universe. They use occult symbolism and sad angry emotions.
jeffton93
09-08-2014, 09:39 PM

i do what i can. keep making the impossible possible often !
Old 09-08-2014, 09:39 PM   #1375
Banned.

J A G's Avatar J A G
09-09-2014, 04:45 AM

congrats jeffton93, your post has been officially nominated for the useless post of year competition being held in december. we will alert you if you win.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:45 AM   #1376

Bincount™: 7676

congrats jeffton93, your post has been officially nominated for the useless post of year competition being held in december. we will alert you if you win.
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
09-09-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
his tar is a mirror image of my reaction while reading his post!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:52 PM   #1377
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
his tar is a mirror image of my reaction while reading his post!
09-09-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffton93 View Post
I'm going to frame this and put it above my desk.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 09-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #1378
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Quote:
I'm going to frame this and put it above my desk.

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
09-09-2014, 07:27 PM

You guys sure are getting uppity over a first time poster chiming in with their diminished expectations of Tool.

Sprout is stayin cool tho.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:27 PM   #1379
Level 10 - Vehement

You guys sure are getting uppity over a first time poster chiming in with their diminished expectations of Tool.

Sprout is stayin cool tho.
09-09-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbath View Post
This album will never be released. They just finished a greatest hits mini tour, and are done for the year. Next year we may get another one and possibly some worthless anniversary edition bullshit. They will say "We are almost finished with the album and it will probably be out in the fall or late winter". It doesn't exist! They have been playing this game since 2010! It may go on for another 10 years.
Quote:
n1
Old 09-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #1380
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
This album will never be released. They just finished a greatest hits mini tour, and are done for the year. Next year we may get another one and possibly some worthless anniversary edition bullshit. They will say "We are almost finished with the album and it will probably be out in the fall or late winter". It doesn't exist! They have been playing this game since 2010! It may go on for another 10 years.
Quote:
n1
BlackSabbath
09-09-2014, 09:40 PM

I'm glad that you follow my hyperbolic nonsense, eE!
Old 09-09-2014, 09:40 PM   #1381
Banned.

I'm glad that you follow my hyperbolic nonsense, eE!
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
09-10-2014, 05:33 AM

Making sense out of nonsense often.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:33 AM   #1382
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Making sense out of nonsense often.
J A G's Avatar J A G
09-10-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
always. it's part of our duty as tenured posters. maybe we should try passive uppitiness like you just pulled with black sabbath.

Last edited by J A G; 09-10-2014 at 05:47 AM..
Old 09-10-2014, 05:46 AM   #1383

Quote:
always. it's part of our duty as tenured posters. maybe we should try passive uppitiness like you just pulled with black sabbath.

Last edited by J A G; 09-10-2014 at 05:47 AM..
jeffton93
09-10-2014, 11:22 AM

lol so this is more of a circle jerk kind of thing eh,uhm i see;guess back to youtube then-new darkspace out btw;best band=antedilluvian
Old 09-10-2014, 11:22 AM   #1384
Banned.

lol so this is more of a circle jerk kind of thing eh,uhm i see;guess back to youtube then-new darkspace out btw;best band=antedilluvian
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
09-10-2014, 11:32 AM

In order to be part of the circle jerk, one must first be the piece of toast in the middle of the circle.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #1385
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

In order to be part of the circle jerk, one must first be the piece of toast in the middle of the circle.
Hoser's Avatar Hoser
09-10-2014, 11:37 AM

Quote:
"Circklejerk" pretty much sums up Tool for me.
Old 09-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #1386
Grand Inquisitor

Bincount™: 4314

Quote:
"Circklejerk" pretty much sums up Tool for me.
09-10-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
"Circklejerk" pretty much sums up TDN for me.
FIXED...
Old 09-10-2014, 01:22 PM   #1387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
"Circklejerk" pretty much sums up TDN for me.
FIXED...
09-25-2014, 09:35 AM

[insert tool lyric that sums up waiting here]
Old 09-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #1388
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Bincount™: 176

09-25-2014, 09:44 AM

[fuck you, buddy]
Old 09-25-2014, 09:44 AM   #1389

[fuck you, buddy]
SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
09-25-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousParadox View Post

"If after using this system, your question is not answered, please stay on the line and a representative will be with you shortly."

Old 09-25-2014, 01:24 PM   #1390
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObviousParadox View Post

"If after using this system, your question is not answered, please stay on the line and a representative will be with you shortly."

tevin downsend's Avatar tevin downsend
09-25-2014, 06:26 PM

I greatly enjoy people not quoting Tool lyrics anymore.

I'm glad all the Tool fans I know wisened up to better music, or died, or stopped posting here.
Old 09-25-2014, 06:26 PM   #1391
Ignorant Irresponsible Bastard

Bincount™: 523

I greatly enjoy people not quoting Tool lyrics anymore.

I'm glad all the Tool fans I know wisened up to better music, or died, or stopped posting here.
09-26-2014, 03:21 AM

I don't mind them in a comical/ironic sense. But yeah generally thankful most of those people are on 4th3y3.
Old 09-26-2014, 03:21 AM   #1392
Level 10 - Vehement

I don't mind them in a comical/ironic sense. But yeah generally thankful most of those people are on 4th3y3.
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
09-26-2014, 03:38 AM

Quote:
How would you know? Do you lurk there?
Old 09-26-2014, 03:38 AM   #1393
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:
09-26-2014, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Old 09-26-2014, 04:31 AM   #1394

Quote:
09-26-2014, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
I post tool lyrics in the comments section there and nag the site admin about making external links open in a new tab.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:32 AM   #1395
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
I post tool lyrics in the comments section there and nag the site admin about making external links open in a new tab.
09-26-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
also, nailed it.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:35 AM   #1396
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
also, nailed it.
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
09-28-2014, 09:05 PM

blair is a filthy twat
Old 09-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #1397

blair is a filthy twat
09-29-2014, 04:44 AM

It must be great to be Blair.

He lives in a populated area, likely in close proximity to a large selection of millions of mouth breathers who know his face, his name and have an unjustified reason to hate him.

np: Korn - Got tHe LiFe
Old 09-29-2014, 04:44 AM   #1398
Level 10 - Vehement

It must be great to be Blair.

He lives in a populated area, likely in close proximity to a large selection of millions of mouth breathers who know his face, his name and have an unjustified reason to hate him.

np: Korn - Got tHe LiFe
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
10-08-2014, 06:04 PM

Maynard and the wife just opened up a barber shop/record store in Jerome, they had a kid a few months back
MJK stepping on grapes these days
Adam and wife raising their baby
Danny drumming with Primus and Volto
Justin doing whatever the fuck he does

This album it ain't coming anytime soon pals.
I'd guess 2016 or so.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #1399
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Maynard and the wife just opened up a barber shop/record store in Jerome, they had a kid a few months back
MJK stepping on grapes these days
Adam and wife raising their baby
Danny drumming with Primus and Volto
Justin doing whatever the fuck he does

This album it ain't coming anytime soon pals.
I'd guess 2016 or so.
10-08-2014, 06:49 PM

JAG already told us that.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:49 PM   #1400
Level 10 - Vehement

JAG already told us that.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread