Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post
I haven't lost shit.
no but you lost piss, idk
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Volrath's Avatar Volrath
05-23-2014, 09:32 AM

8 years and counting bros. EIGHT FUCKING YEARS.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #1282
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

05-23-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volrath View Post
Hey Volrath, sup. Check back every 6 months. We're expecting something Spring 2015? Until then there will be plenty of speculations and accusations to go around.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #1283
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Hey Volrath, sup. Check back every 6 months. We're expecting something Spring 2015? Until then there will be plenty of speculations and accusations to go around.
BlackSabbath
05-23-2014, 09:49 AM

Hey there is a new update! Writing and arranging is going VERY well. Yeah right Blair, I don't want to hear anything from you until it's completed. Or they announce what i suspect... they have given up because their creative juices are running so low! Too much tour masturbation.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #1284
Banned.

Bincount™: 0

Hey there is a new update! Writing and arranging is going VERY well. Yeah right Blair, I don't want to hear anything from you until it's completed. Or they announce what i suspect... they have given up because their creative juices are running so low! Too much tour masturbation.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
05-23-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbath View Post
This would be an example of an accusation.

:]
Old 05-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #1285
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbath View Post
This would be an example of an accusation.

SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
05-23-2014, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
You're obviously defending them with that passive-aggressive smiley, Lo7us

Shut up and buy!!!1!

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
Old 05-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #1286
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Quote:
You're obviously defending them with that passive-aggressive smiley, Lo7us

Shut up and buy!!!1!

Tool - June 20, 2010 - A Perfect Circle - July 22, 2011 - Tool - January 21, 2012 -
Nine Inch Nails - November 5, 2013 - Skinny Puppy - January 30, 2014 - Tool - March 24, 2014 - Tool - January 13, 2016
BlackSabbath
05-23-2014, 02:00 PM

Although, if they are going to finish it, I would guess that this winter would be the soonest possible release.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #1287
Banned.

Although, if they are going to finish it, I would guess that this winter would be the soonest possible release.
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
05-23-2014, 06:33 PM

we need more deets blair!!
Old 05-23-2014, 06:33 PM   #1288
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 2063

we need more deets blair!!
05-24-2014, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Almost 7 years since the last album, seven fucking years. Just let that sink in for a bit.
I remember making this post like it was yesterday. Fuck, time just flies by way way way too fast.
Old 05-24-2014, 04:43 AM   #1289
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 2641

Quote:
Almost 7 years since the last album, seven fucking years. Just let that sink in for a bit.
I remember making this post like it was yesterday. Fuck, time just flies by way way way too fast.
05-24-2014, 05:41 AM

I heard maynard ripped a fart. New tool album?
Old 05-24-2014, 05:41 AM   #1290

Bincount™: 7676

gonzo's Avatar gonzo
05-24-2014, 07:21 AM

Quote:
He bottled it for auction.
Old 05-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #1291
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 1841

Quote:
He bottled it for auction.
06-08-2014, 08:03 AM

newsletter reads: sliart yppah All is See is LIAR. lol. The only sounds they are making these days probably are farts.
Old 06-08-2014, 08:03 AM   #1292
Banned.

newsletter reads: sliart yppah All is See is LIAR. lol. The only sounds they are making these days probably are farts.
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
06-08-2014, 08:12 AM

retrograde farts /band name
Old 06-08-2014, 08:12 AM   #1293
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

retrograde farts /band name
06-08-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair
Also, if you are currently working on ANY creative project, you should probably stop until after July 1... Unless, of course, you are in a band called TOOL, and busy working on material for a new record. If this is the case, back up your hard drive... and go with the flow!
I still have some hope.

Edit: Oh, new page!

Last edited by The Villain; 06-08-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Old 06-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #1294
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair
Also, if you are currently working on ANY creative project, you should probably stop until after July 1... Unless, of course, you are in a band called TOOL, and busy working on material for a new record. If this is the case, back up your hard drive... and go with the flow!
I still have some hope.

Edit: Oh, new page!

Last edited by The Villain; 06-08-2014 at 10:09 AM..
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
07-02-2014, 01:59 PM

Any new news? It's been very quiet in here.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:59 PM   #1295
Up From The Skies

SpiralOut34's Avatar SpiralOut34
07-02-2014, 07:11 PM

Half the fucking Internet can't read and thinks Adam's Instagram post of him playing a new bit from this past tour's rendition of Hooker is a "NEW SONG FROM THE ALBUM!!11!!" and that's about all the news I've heard recently. Watching for the July Newsletter, which will probably be about Danny Carey grilling hot dogs with BMB and make some snarky comment about Justin not having much to celebrate. 'Nardo is expecting a baby with his wife, Adam adores his son, I'm thinking this will be the last album. It'll come when it does. Always crossing my fingers for stuff like that post Adam made though, that stuff makes me so happy to see, did you ever see his video playing Lateralus? That takes me right back to the VIP stuff, it is so fucking cool.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:11 PM   #1296
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 89

Half the fucking Internet can't read and thinks Adam's Instagram post of him playing a new bit from this past tour's rendition of Hooker is a "NEW SONG FROM THE ALBUM!!11!!" and that's about all the news I've heard recently. Watching for the July Newsletter, which will probably be about Danny Carey grilling hot dogs with BMB and make some snarky comment about Justin not having much to celebrate. 'Nardo is expecting a baby with his wife, Adam adores his son, I'm thinking this will be the last album. It'll come when it does. Always crossing my fingers for stuff like that post Adam made though, that stuff makes me so happy to see, did you ever see his video playing Lateralus? That takes me right back to the VIP stuff, it is so fucking cool.

hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
07-02-2014, 07:24 PM

Quote:

I spoke with Blair via email last night about a Tool rumour that made it's way onto Facebook (almost certainly a hoax) and he didn't have much to say except that they're still writing, and getting together (sans Maynard) about 4 days a week at the moment. I suspect they're on the home stretch as far as songwriting goes, but it's anyone's guess at this stage.

As to the future of Tool, I don't think Maynard or Adam having kids is any significat barrier to them going forward. There may be some short term pain as thye are infants, but considering they seem to indulge themselves in life in between albums as it is, I don't think kids will make a huge difference to their careers. They certainly aren't the first, and won't be the last band to work around family commitments.

I think I've said it before, but I don't buy into the "last album" arguments. I doubt anyone in the band gives that concept much thought. They will (presumably) finish this album, do some touring, and then 5 years down the track work out if they want to go around again.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #1297
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

Quote:

I spoke with Blair via email last night about a Tool rumour that made it's way onto Facebook (almost certainly a hoax) and he didn't have much to say except that they're still writing, and getting together (sans Maynard) about 4 days a week at the moment. I suspect they're on the home stretch as far as songwriting goes, but it's anyone's guess at this stage.

As to the future of Tool, I don't think Maynard or Adam having kids is any significat barrier to them going forward. There may be some short term pain as thye are infants, but considering they seem to indulge themselves in life in between albums as it is, I don't think kids will make a huge difference to their careers. They certainly aren't the first, and won't be the last band to work around family commitments.

I think I've said it before, but I don't buy into the "last album" arguments. I doubt anyone in the band gives that concept much thought. They will (presumably) finish this album, do some touring, and then 5 years down the track work out if they want to go around again.
07-04-2014, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
Half the fucking Internet can't read and thinks Adam's Instagram post of him playing a new bit from this past tour's rendition of Hooker is a "NEW SONG FROM THE ALBUM!!11!!"
I don't get shit like this...Can people not take two seconds to realize its just an added segment to HWAP? It's things like this and the fact that people claim Viginit Tres and 10000 days make a new song...I'm all for analyzing a song but there is most definitely a limit...and even if it works, at least have the outcome be interesting, not an existing song (WFM + 10000 days) played over what sounds like a spinning propeller. Its shit like this that makes me reluctant to check anything other than the tool website...people's take on the obvious gets me excited only before realizing they totally missed what was in front of them.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #1298
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiralOut34 View Post
Half the fucking Internet can't read and thinks Adam's Instagram post of him playing a new bit from this past tour's rendition of Hooker is a "NEW SONG FROM THE ALBUM!!11!!"
I don't get shit like this...Can people not take two seconds to realize its just an added segment to HWAP? It's things like this and the fact that people claim Viginit Tres and 10000 days make a new song...I'm all for analyzing a song but there is most definitely a limit...and even if it works, at least have the outcome be interesting, not an existing song (WFM + 10000 days) played over what sounds like a spinning propeller. Its shit like this that makes me reluctant to check anything other than the tool website...people's take on the obvious gets me excited only before realizing they totally missed what was in front of them.
07-04-2014, 10:51 PM

i think that's more on you than them, why give others such unwarranted credence? it's all about hits and ratings and likes and sensationalized bullshit ...no reason to play into it, right? see? it's shit like this that...
Old 07-04-2014, 10:51 PM   #1299
Level 10 - Vehement

i think that's more on you than them, why give others such unwarranted credence? it's all about hits and ratings and likes and sensationalized bullshit ...no reason to play into it, right? see? it's shit like this that...
07-04-2014, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAMtheMA! View Post
Absolutely, yes. You know the right path, theMA.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:32 PM   #1300
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Absolutely, yes. You know the right path, theMA.
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
07-05-2014, 12:10 AM

Quote:
...What?
Old 07-05-2014, 12:10 AM   #1301
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
...What?
07-05-2014, 12:23 AM

Don't worry about what other people get, don't get OR THINK etc...Let them groove their own way.

Enjoy and do your own thing!

It's all good, Lackymacky.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:23 AM   #1302
Up From The Skies

Don't worry about what other people get, don't get OR THINK etc...Let them groove their own way.

elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
07-05-2014, 05:53 AM

It's all hellboy's fault.
Old 07-05-2014, 05:53 AM   #1303
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

It's all hellboy's fault.
TurdEye13's Avatar TurdEye13
07-07-2014, 12:45 PM

where is the goddamn June newsletter!? I desire pointless gibberish....
Old 07-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #1304

07-07-2014, 01:22 PM

maybe a double month newsletter will reveal the next album will be a double album

. .
O
Old 07-07-2014, 01:22 PM   #1305
Level 10 - Vehement

maybe a double month newsletter will reveal the next album will be a double album

. .
O
07-07-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdEye13 View Post
June Newsletter came out in early June rather than the end of the month. It was about that Mercury retrograde stuff.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:43 PM   #1306
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdEye13 View Post
June Newsletter came out in early June rather than the end of the month. It was about that Mercury retrograde stuff.
07-07-2014, 06:10 PM

did you ask him why he did that in your recent discussions with blair?
Old 07-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #1307
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Riff's Avatar Riff
07-10-2014, 02:15 PM

Trance - 6.8

Transcendence - 7.4

Under the Skin - 6.9 (if you know what i mean)

oh, that's right it's because of this gangsta ass life i lead"
-bogsnarth

www.soundcloud.com/riff
Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #1308
Can't you...SEE?

Bincount™: 4906

Trance - 6.8

Transcendence - 7.4

Under the Skin - 6.9 (if you know what i mean)

oh, that's right it's because of this gangsta ass life i lead"
-bogsnarth

www.soundcloud.com/riff
J A G's Avatar J A G
07-10-2014, 02:20 PM

best post in this thread, riff
Old 07-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #1309

Bincount™: 7676

best post in this thread, riff
07-10-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
No. Should I have? I just presumed there was nothing to report, and considering that Blair told me the last couple were "snooze-letters" I imagine he agrees.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #1310
crows before hoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnadd View Post
No. Should I have? I just presumed there was nothing to report, and considering that Blair told me the last couple were "snooze-letters" I imagine he agrees.
07-10-2014, 05:36 PM

I bet it's taking so long because Maynard keeps farting in the mic during his recording sessions.

Grow up Maynard.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:36 PM   #1311
Illuminator of Lightitude
Suicide Booth ID: 20

Location: Van Diemens Land Penis Length: 1.4 inches Vagina Capacity: 7.2 inches
Bincount™: 21769

I bet it's taking so long because Maynard keeps farting in the mic during his recording sessions.

Grow up Maynard.
07-11-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
sigh

can't people just say "ok" or "no" anymore?

as soon as you say something on the internet, a bunch of pseudopsychologists come out of the woodwork and start spouting how everything i say is a reflection of me and im the one with the issue...shit gets so annoying.

i really dont know what youre talking about after the hits and ratings parts, but i dont think im giving anyone any credence. i simply dont understand how people can watch that video of adam playing a riff, where underneath the video (on facebook and youtube) adam says its from an extended version of HWAP, and still think its a new riff off the new album. im not rude to said people, i dont care all that much, im just surprised is all. and i commented on it. on a tool website. where half the jokes are how over analytic and obsessed tool fans are.

Quote:

yeah yeah yeah...just talkin man
Old 07-11-2014, 12:30 PM   #1312
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
sigh

as soon as you say something on the internet, a bunch of pseudopsychologists come out of the woodwork and start spouting how everything i say is a reflection of me and im the one with the issue...shit gets so annoying.

i really dont know what youre talking about after the hits and ratings parts, but i dont think im giving anyone any credence. i simply dont understand how people can watch that video of adam playing a riff, where underneath the video (on facebook and youtube) adam says its from an extended version of HWAP, and still think its a new riff off the new album. im not rude to said people, i dont care all that much, im just surprised is all. and i commented on it. on a tool website. where half the jokes are how over analytic and obsessed tool fans are.

Quote:

yeah yeah yeah...just talkin man
07-11-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky View Post
sigh

exactly my point. edit: you seemed annoyed bc you allowed others to annoy you. i was just trying to say that it's a waste of energy, who cares?

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 07-11-2014 at 12:54 PM..
Old 07-11-2014, 12:47 PM   #1313
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky View Post
sigh

exactly my point. edit: you seemed annoyed bc you allowed others to annoy you. i was just trying to say that it's a waste of energy, who cares?

Last edited by iAMtheMA!; 07-11-2014 at 12:54 PM..
07-11-2014, 03:27 PM

iow, he was trying to offer another perspective you might ...

oops.

[no]
Old 07-11-2014, 03:27 PM   #1314
Level 10 - Vehement

iow, he was trying to offer another perspective you might ...

oops.

[no]
swimminginmusic's Avatar swimminginmusic
07-12-2014, 01:07 AM

so whats all this about counting vowels? people on Facebook have decided the album is coming out in AUG… and blair felt the need to recognize something about it on the site. WTF is going on with my band?

I'll wait however long it takes, and as far as I'm concerned, i want it to take as long as it takes. TOOL never does a half assed job, and when they're ready, Ill be standing in line with a sweaty wad of cash. They know this- and they've said its coming. "be patient" for fucks sake.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
Old 07-12-2014, 01:07 AM   #1315
Level 7 - Loquacious

so whats all this about counting vowels? people on Facebook have decided the album is coming out in AUG… and blair felt the need to recognize something about it on the site. WTF is going on with my band?

I'll wait however long it takes, and as far as I'm concerned, i want it to take as long as it takes. TOOL never does a half assed job, and when they're ready, Ill be standing in line with a sweaty wad of cash. They know this- and they've said its coming. "be patient" for fucks sake.
[Tucson07] [LasVegas07] [Phoenix09] [Tucson12] [SanDiego14] [SanFrancisco16] [SanDiego16] [TheGorge17] [Chicago18] [Denver19] [Denver19] [Glendale20] [Portland20] [Tacoma22] [Anaheim22] [SaltLakeCity22] [Orlando22] [Chicago22] [London22]
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
07-12-2014, 12:00 PM

Sounds like Wheel of Fortune.

...or misfortune.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #1316
Up From The Skies

Sounds like Wheel of Fortune.

...or misfortune.
07-15-2014, 10:21 AM

Old 07-15-2014, 10:21 AM   #1317
Level 10 - Vehement

iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
07-15-2014, 12:00 PM

L.A.M.C. II
Old 07-15-2014, 12:00 PM   #1318
Level 10 - Vehement

L.A.M.C. II
07-15-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
damn, wonder why they waited so long to come out with this info.
Old 07-15-2014, 12:48 PM   #1319

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
damn, wonder why they waited so long to come out with this info.
07-15-2014, 12:52 PM

*silent nod*

*sip*
Old 07-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #1320
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 4198

*silent nod*

*sip*

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread