Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Fear Inoculum
User Name
Password
hellboy1975's Avatar hellboy1975
12-03-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSabbath View Post
I don't know, they only do a handful of shows once a year and usually play for under two hours, that's still seems pretty lazy.
I don't dispute that they are lazy, but you're asserting that they are the laziest in the world, which I claim is in fact untrue.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:04 PM   #1201
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
I don't know, they only do a handful of shows once a year and usually play for under two hours, that's still seems pretty lazy.
I don't dispute that they are lazy, but you're asserting that they are the laziest in the world, which I claim is in fact untrue.
12-03-2013, 08:46 PM

I can't wait to hear this shit. Seems like they are going back to how they put Lateralus together. If I remember correctly, during 10K Days, they were all writing music together. I remember reading that Adam and Maynard couldn't even be in the same room together. Let those 3 make their magic together and Maynard do his vocal piece on top of that music. Im hoping we're all in for their best album yet.
Old 12-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #1202
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

I can't wait to hear this shit. Seems like they are going back to how they put Lateralus together. If I remember correctly, during 10K Days, they were all writing music together. I remember reading that Adam and Maynard couldn't even be in the same room together. Let those 3 make their magic together and Maynard do his vocal piece on top of that music. Im hoping we're all in for their best album yet.
BlackSabbath
12-04-2013, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusivEuphoria View Post
Allowing large chunks of time to go by before writing and recording a new record is part of what makes Tool, Tool. I tend to agree that since they change as individuals, the end result of an album ends up being something truly different than what they've done before. So in that respect it's part of their process.

They also have shown interest keeping variety to their creative outlets. All of them have other avenues with which to express their art. Having long gaps between records allows for that to happen at a comfortable pace for everyone. Don't forget that during this break Adam did pursue his comic book project.

I'd only consider all of this to be lazy in the sense that there are plenty of other high caliber artists that have cranked out a lot of said art in a comparatively far shorter amount of time.

But I believe good art is a reflection of the artist(s) that created it. If this is the process that they are all comfortable with, then that's probably the best process for them to use.

All that said, they have been writing for a much longer amount of time this time around, and doing so a much more casual pace. I think part of that could be age. But more than likely, I personally think they are trying to do something different. Create something that sounds truly new and exciting to them. They've always been about that, but perhaps this time around they are struggling to find out what that is.

With this band, I'm (remarkably) still willing to give them slack as a fan and allow them to do what they want to do.

Also, Adam did split with Camella and married Korin. Not to bring any of their personal lives into it, but events like that tend to be emotionally draining and occupy time. :/
I think the whole thing about them growing as individuals is their rationalization for being lazy, and relationship troubles are one the main things that drive artists to create!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy1975 View Post
Name three other bands that are lazier and as big as Tool, because technically my "band" is way lazier. They have to be in the same realm and and have a bigger downtime to worktime ratio, whatever that means?

I am patiently waiting for them to throw this long awaited 5th album (in 20+ years) together.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:05 PM   #1203
Banned.

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Allowing large chunks of time to go by before writing and recording a new record is part of what makes Tool, Tool. I tend to agree that since they change as individuals, the end result of an album ends up being something truly different than what they've done before. So in that respect it's part of their process.

They also have shown interest keeping variety to their creative outlets. All of them have other avenues with which to express their art. Having long gaps between records allows for that to happen at a comfortable pace for everyone. Don't forget that during this break Adam did pursue his comic book project.

I'd only consider all of this to be lazy in the sense that there are plenty of other high caliber artists that have cranked out a lot of said art in a comparatively far shorter amount of time.

But I believe good art is a reflection of the artist(s) that created it. If this is the process that they are all comfortable with, then that's probably the best process for them to use.

All that said, they have been writing for a much longer amount of time this time around, and doing so a much more casual pace. I think part of that could be age. But more than likely, I personally think they are trying to do something different. Create something that sounds truly new and exciting to them. They've always been about that, but perhaps this time around they are struggling to find out what that is.

With this band, I'm (remarkably) still willing to give them slack as a fan and allow them to do what they want to do.

Also, Adam did split with Camella and married Korin. Not to bring any of their personal lives into it, but events like that tend to be emotionally draining and occupy time. :/
I think the whole thing about them growing as individuals is their rationalization for being lazy, and relationship troubles are one the main things that drive artists to create!
Quote:
Name three other bands that are lazier and as big as Tool, because technically my "band" is way lazier. They have to be in the same realm and and have a bigger downtime to worktime ratio, whatever that means?

I am patiently waiting for them to throw this long awaited 5th album (in 20+ years) together.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
12-04-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Big was never part of your original claim. Personally I don't see what the size of the band has to do with the argument. I can't name three off the top of my head, but without much though Daft Punk and Guns N Roses come to mind.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #1204
crows before hoes

Quote:
Big was never part of your original claim. Personally I don't see what the size of the band has to do with the argument. I can't name three off the top of my head, but without much though Daft Punk and Guns N Roses come to mind.
12-04-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
So then you still would have called them lazy after aenima and lateralus?
Old 12-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #1205
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
So then you still would have called them lazy after aenima and lateralus?
BlackSabbath
12-04-2013, 08:26 PM

Eh, whatever, you guys know what I mean. BUT...GnR and Daft punk don't count, and since 10k days the laziness, it's just been absurd. Aenima was released after 3 years and lateralus was preceded by Mer De Noms and followed up with 13th step, but it's been 8 fucking years with nothing but Puscifer, wine, joe rogan interviews, and I could care less about Jazz fusion albums with leftover artwork from the 70's. This new album better be more intense than what is described in rosetta stoned.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #1206
Banned.

Eh, whatever, you guys know what I mean. BUT...GnR and Daft punk don't count, and since 10k days the laziness, it's just been absurd. Aenima was released after 3 years and lateralus was preceded by Mer De Noms and followed up with 13th step, but it's been 8 fucking years with nothing but Puscifer, wine, joe rogan interviews, and I could care less about Jazz fusion albums with leftover artwork from the 70's. This new album better be more intense than what is described in rosetta stoned.
12-04-2013, 09:05 PM

Quote:
BUT...GnR and Daft punk don't count,
Why not? Keep on moving the goalposts to suit your argument...

And thanks for adding the 3rd band - A Perfect Circle. They're just as lazy as Tool.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #1207
crows before hoes

Quote:
BUT...GnR and Daft punk don't count,

And thanks for adding the 3rd band - A Perfect Circle. They're just as lazy as Tool.
12-04-2013, 09:27 PM

Quote:

Yeah your right, but still it's not OK for them to us wait this long, but then again I guess it doesn't matter. They are just humans with lives that make music occasionally.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #1208
Banned.

Quote:

Yeah your right, but still it's not OK for them to us wait this long, but then again I guess it doesn't matter. They are just humans with lives that make music occasionally.
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
12-04-2013, 09:54 PM

You seem to be eager to hear a new tool album and generally dissatisfied and/or uninterested in any side project they've done in the past 8 years. You are not alone in that department, that much is clear. Nevertheless a new album is being made, and it is being made on their terms. Shouldn't that be enough? If it's any consolation, I think they are aware of their drought and will probably make an effort to avoid repeating it. That's my hunch anyway. And of course there is always ...other... music.

That should be read in the least hostile tone possible.

Cheers.
Old 12-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #1209
Level 10 - Vehement

You seem to be eager to hear a new tool album and generally dissatisfied and/or uninterested in any side project they've done in the past 8 years. You are not alone in that department, that much is clear. Nevertheless a new album is being made, and it is being made on their terms. Shouldn't that be enough? If it's any consolation, I think they are aware of their drought and will probably make an effort to avoid repeating it. That's my hunch anyway. And of course there is always ...other... music.

That should be read in the least hostile tone possible.

Cheers.
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
12-05-2013, 02:58 AM

oh snap, you guys are about to fight
Old 12-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #1210
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

oh snap, you guys are about to fight
12-05-2013, 05:22 AM

just dropping by for my quarterly update on the details of the new album

tons of great info in here
Old 12-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #1211

Bincount™: 7676

lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
12-05-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post

nice of you to do so, Jag. see you in 3 months...
Old 12-05-2013, 05:30 AM   #1212
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
Originally Posted by J A G View Post

nice of you to do so, Jag. see you in 3 months...
12-05-2013, 07:21 AM

Yeah, or don't. That'd be pretty sweet too.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:21 AM   #1213
Level 10 - Vehement

Yeah, or don't. That'd be pretty sweet too.
BlackSabbath
12-05-2013, 07:53 AM

Quote:
I think they are aware of their drought and will probably make an effort to avoid repeating it..
This would be the best christmas gift ever! I mean 15 years from now, of course.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:53 AM   #1214
Banned.

Quote:
I think they are aware of their drought and will probably make an effort to avoid repeating it..
This would be the best christmas gift ever! I mean 15 years from now, of course.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
12-05-2013, 10:02 AM

Cooome down
Get off your fucking Christmas tree
We need the fucking space
To plant the next grape vine
Old 12-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #1215
Up From The Skies

Cooome down
Get off your fucking Christmas tree
We need the fucking space
To plant the next grape vine
BlackSabbath
12-05-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
Cooome ,
Get off, fucking,
We need fucking,
plant the next grape vine
that;s what she said
Old 12-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #1216
Banned.

Quote:
Cooome ,
Get off, fucking,
We need fucking,
plant the next grape vine
that;s what she said
bogsnarth's Avatar bogsnarth
12-07-2013, 01:11 AM

nah, they should just follow the example of their fellow nu-metal brothers korn and start using dubstep sounds
Old 12-07-2013, 01:11 AM   #1217
john dough

Bincount™: 13353

nah, they should just follow the example of their fellow nu-metal brothers korn and start using dubstep sounds
12-08-2013, 01:27 AM

go midi or go home is what i say
Old 12-08-2013, 01:27 AM   #1218
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

go midi or go home is what i say
12-09-2013, 12:06 PM

Old 12-09-2013, 12:06 PM   #1219
Up From The Skies

12-09-2013, 01:55 PM

lol, where'd you find that?
Old 12-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #1220
Level 10 - Vehement

lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
12-09-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
tool fanboi fb page

it's an older pic i believe...
Old 12-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #1221
Up From The Skies

Quote:
tool fanboi fb page

it's an older pic i believe...
asymptotic's Avatar asymptotic
12-15-2013, 07:07 PM

Quote:
'Nard gettin dat puzzy
Old 12-15-2013, 07:07 PM   #1222
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3

Quote:
'Nard gettin dat puzzy
Bogart's Avatar Bogart
12-16-2013, 04:15 PM

Damn... those are some slumpbusters. I figured a rockstar could do better
Old 12-16-2013, 04:15 PM   #1223
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

Damn... those are some slumpbusters. I figured a rockstar could do better
praefector's Avatar praefector
12-19-2013, 06:24 AM

wine goggles.

the one kissing his cheek could be hot.
Old 12-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #1224
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

wine goggles.

the one kissing his cheek could be hot.
12-19-2013, 08:50 AM

inb4JAG
Old 12-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #1225
Level 10 - Vehement

inb4JAG
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
12-19-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
inb4JAG
he's not due to check in this thread for 3 months...
Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #1226
Up From The Skies

Quote:
inb4JAG
he's not due to check in this thread for 3 months...
12-19-2013, 11:40 AM

i said, IN B4 JAG!
Old 12-19-2013, 11:40 AM   #1227
Level 10 - Vehement

i said, IN B4 JAG!
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
12-25-2013, 09:18 PM

Maynard is having a baby

The wife just posted a pic on Instagrammm

Adam having one too.

WELL THERE GOES THE NEW ALBUM GUYS

lol
Old 12-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #1228
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Maynard is having a baby

Adam having one too.

lol
Lackymacky's Avatar Lackymacky
12-25-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
Maynard is having a baby

Adam having one too.

lol
Pic?
Old 12-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #1229
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianspheric View Post
Maynard is having a baby

Adam having one too.

lol
Pic?
12-26-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky View Post
Pic?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...11181466_n.jpg
Old 12-26-2013, 08:47 AM   #1230
Up From The Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackymacky View Post
Pic?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...11181466_n.jpg
iAMtheMA!'s Avatar iAMtheMA!
12-26-2013, 09:25 AM

furrypuss
Old 12-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #1231
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 217

furrypuss
12-26-2013, 04:55 PM

Old 12-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #1232
Up From The Skies

12-26-2013, 06:40 PM

What a cute video.
Old 12-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #1233
Level 10 - Vehement

What a cute video.
sianspheric's Avatar sianspheric
12-28-2013, 09:14 AM

Adam's wife just popped one out too.

Why bother making an album when you can make babies instead?
Old 12-28-2013, 09:14 AM   #1234
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 174

Adam's wife just popped one out too.

Why bother making an album when you can make babies instead?
12-28-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
I'm confused tho, where was that video sourced from and what was the context? Was it actually related to Tool in anyway?
Old 12-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #1235
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
I'm confused tho, where was that video sourced from and what was the context? Was it actually related to Tool in anyway?
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
12-28-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Message ToolArchive and ask.

It might be Blairs youtube channel idk

i've been subscribed for a while
Old 12-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #1236
Up From The Skies

Quote:

12-28-2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
That video has been out there for some time now. I can't remember the original context of the video, but I think it was just Maynard fucking around on Instagram or something.

It just seems to be rebranded as a Christmas update for some reason.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #1237
crows before hoes

Quote:
That video has been out there for some time now. I can't remember the original context of the video, but I think it was just Maynard fucking around on Instagram or something.

It just seems to be rebranded as a Christmas update for some reason.
12-28-2013, 06:28 PM

Thanks for the clarification, hellbrah. that's what i was suspecting.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #1238
Level 10 - Vehement

Thanks for the clarification, hellbrah. that's what i was suspecting.
12-28-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:

i was sub'd to it before YT wiped out all of my subscriptions. I've been having to rebuild my lists from memory.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #1239
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

i was sub'd to it before YT wiped out all of my subscriptions. I've been having to rebuild my lists from memory.
12-29-2013, 03:46 PM

The puzzle has been solved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLmg4i9_Ecw
Old 12-29-2013, 03:46 PM   #1240
crows before hoes

The puzzle has been solved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLmg4i9_Ecw

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread