opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 09. jimmy
User Name
Password
Old 07-19-2003, 04:48 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
about digging in your past...

my thoughts:

i haven't quite figured out the first part yet...but im pretty sure it's about seperation, not between two persons but within someone...
the person loses touch with himself and his experiences and moves on without them, maybe because of some trauma or something that is too hard to face, leaving the old self waiting with this important information needed later in life...to move on...

at sometime in his life this guy (probably maynard) gets stuck and can't move further without digging up these experiences from the past. When he is digging he founds himself at age eleven defending the light containing the feeling that he is looking for, wondering where the hell he has been for the past years, how he could forget this...

"hold your light, eleven lead me through each gentle step, by step
by inch by loaded memory
i'll move to heal as soon as pain allows so we can reunite and both move on together"

he get's in touch with his repressed feelings and is guided step by step through all the painful memories,

"one and one are one, eleven"

he reunites with himself at age eleven and can finally move on

i don't know anything about maynards personal life but this is what this song means to me...i don't believe in the 'father-theory'...

what maynard is trying to say is that we can't lie to ourselves when it comes to these things, you have to get in touch with your feeling instead of repressing them, otherwise they will cause you trouble, it's a painful process but it's worth it'

maybe similar thoughts has been posted before, i just had to type down my thoughts :)
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: