Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
koolerthanjesus's Avatar koolerthanjesus
06-07-2006, 03:04 PM

First let me apologize for any ignorance that I may convey- I'm a new member and as of now, have been one for under a day. I was told of a rumor posted on the site (or maybe elsewhere) announcing the possibility that Tool may be releasing a second album shortly (after 10,000 Days). I'd like to know how much of this, if any, is true and if so, is it comprised of songs that were recorded during the original studio sessions but never made it on the album (for 10,000 Days)?
Old 06-07-2006, 03:04 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Possible B-Side album?

First let me apologize for any ignorance that I may convey- I'm a new member and as of now, have been one for under a day. I was told of a rumor posted on the site (or maybe elsewhere) announcing the possibility that Tool may be releasing a second album shortly (after 10,000 Days). I'd like to know how much of this, if any, is true and if so, is it comprised of songs that were recorded during the original studio sessions but never made it on the album (for 10,000 Days)?
OFFLINE |  
Bloody's Avatar Bloody
06-07-2006, 03:06 PM

No B-Sides album that anyone is aware of. There are talks about some kind of dvd coming out though
Old 06-07-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 76
Re: Possible B-Side album?

No B-Sides album that anyone is aware of. There are talks about some kind of dvd coming out though
Agent_202's Avatar Agent_202
06-07-2006, 03:08 PM

So far, no word. If they were too, I'd have expected it a few months before 10K Days, much as they did with salival before lateralus.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:08 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 12

So far, no word. If they were too, I'd have expected it a few months before 10K Days, much as they did with salival before lateralus.
06-07-2006, 03:20 PM

justin mentioned in a few interviews that there are no b-sides, as they included all their written material on the album. however, there is supposed to be a vicarious dvd sometime soon, but i wouldn't hold my breath for that (remember the schism dvd that was supposed to be released in '01?).

i'm anxious for news on touring, puscifer, & the vicarious video.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
On Probation

Bincount™: 4

justin mentioned in a few interviews that there are no b-sides, as they included all their written material on the album. however, there is supposed to be a vicarious dvd sometime soon, but i wouldn't hold my breath for that (remember the schism dvd that was supposed to be released in '01?).

i'm anxious for news on touring, puscifer, & the vicarious video.
OFFLINE |  
crimble
06-07-2006, 03:35 PM

hey koolerthanjesus, nice to meet ya.
I think what you may have read were people saying that 10,000 Days may be a collection of b-sides and that Tool will release another album in the near future. Which is in no way confirmed, but that is the wishful thinking of some of us who, while we like the songs on this record, some think that this album falls short and sort of sounds like a weak effort for what Tool is capable of producing. Don’t get me wrong, I could not make music as great as the music on 10,000 days and I think this album rocks. I would even say it is the best album out among current music right now, but compared to the other releases from Tool, it seems like they were a bit lazy.

Last edited by crimble; 06-07-2006 at 03:40 PM..
Old 06-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #5
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I think what you may have read were people saying that 10,000 Days may be a collection of b-sides and that Tool will release another album in the near future. Which is in no way confirmed, but that is the wishful thinking of some of us who, while we like the songs on this record, some think that this album falls short and sort of sounds like a weak effort for what Tool is capable of producing. Don’t get me wrong, I could not make music as great as the music on 10,000 days and I think this album rocks. I would even say it is the best album out among current music right now, but compared to the other releases from Tool, it seems like they were a bit lazy.

Last edited by crimble; 06-07-2006 at 03:40 PM..
OFFLINE |  
koolerthanjesus's Avatar koolerthanjesus
06-07-2006, 03:42 PM

I went to the show in Boston (last on the tour before going to Europe) which was great- Maynard looked like a spitting image of Deniro from "Taxi Driver" (on a side note: To the guy who told me they don't serve beer inside...Fu*k you buddy! Send more money...) I'd also like to know how definite it is that they'll be a larger tour afterwards and if so, will they tour alone...
Old 06-07-2006, 03:42 PM   #6
Level 3 - Talker

I went to the show in Boston (last on the tour before going to Europe) which was great- Maynard looked like a spitting image of Deniro from "Taxi Driver" (on a side note: To the guy who told me they don't serve beer inside...Fu*k you buddy! Send more money...) I'd also like to know how definite it is that they'll be a larger tour afterwards and if so, will they tour alone...
06-07-2006, 03:47 PM

They will definitly be doing an arena tour afterwards, also a lot cheaper.

it better have a good setlist, the current one is too short
Old 06-07-2006, 03:47 PM   #7
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 4287

They will definitly be doing an arena tour afterwards, also a lot cheaper.

it better have a good setlist, the current one is too short
OFFLINE |  
Fulcanelli's Avatar Fulcanelli
06-07-2006, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimble
Maynard spilling his guts in Wngs 1+2, Danny playing in three time signatures simultaneously in Rosetta Stoned, and the amazing music in general clearly shows their lazyness. I wish that they'd get off their asses and release Lateralus II... no need for personal growth. Just give us what we want.

C'mon... this album is fantastic. Being disappointed with it is fine but calling them lazy is ridiculous.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:59 PM   #8
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimble
Maynard spilling his guts in Wngs 1+2, Danny playing in three time signatures simultaneously in Rosetta Stoned, and the amazing music in general clearly shows their lazyness. I wish that they'd get off their asses and release Lateralus II... no need for personal growth. Just give us what we want.

C'mon... this album is fantastic. Being disappointed with it is fine but calling them lazy is ridiculous.
OFFLINE |  
CaseLogic
06-07-2006, 04:20 PM

When I first read this thread title, I came in here ready to flame. Luckily it was not about what I had originally assumed.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

When I first read this thread title, I came in here ready to flame. Luckily it was not about what I had originally assumed.
OFFLINE |  
Jebussaves's Avatar Jebussaves
06-07-2006, 04:21 PM

In other words please say you don't like it but don't call people mean names....

Right?
Old 06-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #10
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

In other words please say you don't like it but don't call people mean names....

Right?
OFFLINE |  
Jimmeny's Avatar Jimmeny
06-07-2006, 04:24 PM

Welcome to TDN! There was a great cafuffle about there being another album, but now it's passed 06/06/06, I don't think there's going to be anything else. Tool has completed it's evolution, for now.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:24 PM   #11
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 30

Welcome to TDN! There was a great cafuffle about there being another album, but now it's passed 06/06/06, I don't think there's going to be anything else. Tool has completed it's evolution, for now.
OFFLINE |  

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply