Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
HallsOfMandos's Avatar HallsOfMandos
06-07-2006, 06:21 PM

Note: Please know that this is purely an exercise in imagination. The point here is to illustrate how almost any interpretation of this album can be supported by evidence (if you form the conclusion before you form the theory).

Ok, we start with the last track of Lateralus, "Faaip De Oiad." Here we get a warning that extra-terrestrials are already among us and have even infiltrated our power structure. 10,000 Days begins with someone being possessed by one of these extra-dimensional beings. This being first experiences the 3 portions of a human psyche (according to Freud), the id (vicarious), ego (jambi), super-ego (Wings + 10,000 Days).

As this being settles into the conciousness of its host it begins to notice inconsistencies between the inner thoughts of the host and memories of actions taken, in other words it recognizes hypocrisy (the pot). At this point a figurative exorcism occurs and the alien being departs from its host (lipan conjuring). As the host comes back to reality he/she finds that he/she has been deposited in a hospital and is being confronted by a doctor (lost keys).

As reality begins to seep back in to the head of the former host, flashbacks of the experience begin to race through his/her head along with a recollection of a higher knowledge barely glimpsed while sharing the mind of this advanced being (rosetta stoned). The doctors, realizing the near psychotic state that the host is now in, administer drugs to calm him. These drugs slow down the flashbacks to the point where the host can now begin to assimilate the data from the possession experience.

As the experience is integrated, an inner sadness develops in the host because after having come back from such a life altering experience no one will possibly believe him/her and the brief flash of wisdom had from sharing the mind of such an advanced being will be lost among the superficial reality that most cannot escape (intension/right in two).

Unfortunately I cannot even begin to explain how Viginti Tres inetgrates into this whole pseudo-theory. Now to sit back and wait for the flaming to begin, lol....
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams
Old 06-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 15
10k Days IS Lateralus part II!

Note: Please know that this is purely an exercise in imagination. The point here is to illustrate how almost any interpretation of this album can be supported by evidence (if you form the conclusion before you form the theory).

Ok, we start with the last track of Lateralus, "Faaip De Oiad." Here we get a warning that extra-terrestrials are already among us and have even infiltrated our power structure. 10,000 Days begins with someone being possessed by one of these extra-dimensional beings. This being first experiences the 3 portions of a human psyche (according to Freud), the id (vicarious), ego (jambi), super-ego (Wings + 10,000 Days).

As this being settles into the conciousness of its host it begins to notice inconsistencies between the inner thoughts of the host and memories of actions taken, in other words it recognizes hypocrisy (the pot). At this point a figurative exorcism occurs and the alien being departs from its host (lipan conjuring). As the host comes back to reality he/she finds that he/she has been deposited in a hospital and is being confronted by a doctor (lost keys).

As reality begins to seep back in to the head of the former host, flashbacks of the experience begin to race through his/her head along with a recollection of a higher knowledge barely glimpsed while sharing the mind of this advanced being (rosetta stoned). The doctors, realizing the near psychotic state that the host is now in, administer drugs to calm him. These drugs slow down the flashbacks to the point where the host can now begin to assimilate the data from the possession experience.

As the experience is integrated, an inner sadness develops in the host because after having come back from such a life altering experience no one will possibly believe him/her and the brief flash of wisdom had from sharing the mind of such an advanced being will be lost among the superficial reality that most cannot escape (intension/right in two).

Unfortunately I cannot even begin to explain how Viginti Tres inetgrates into this whole pseudo-theory. Now to sit back and wait for the flaming to begin, lol....
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.There is another theory which states that this has already happened. - Douglas Adams
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
ATARI's Avatar ATARI
06-07-2006, 06:26 PM

I see some logic behind your theory. Oh wait, there isn't any.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 297
Re: 10k Days IS Lateralus part II!

06-07-2006, 06:28 PM

exactly...0 logic, isnt it fun
Old 06-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

exactly...0 logic, isnt it fun
M.Luther's Avatar M.Luther
06-07-2006, 06:30 PM

you get negative points for post length.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:30 PM   #4
Suicide Booth ID: 3

Bincount™: 9261

HallsOfMandos's Avatar HallsOfMandos
06-07-2006, 06:34 PM

I had to make up for lack of actual proof by masking everything in a long post that most won't read...
Old 06-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #5
Level 7 - Loquacious

I had to make up for lack of actual proof by masking everything in a long post that most won't read...
Florida_Mike
06-07-2006, 06:34 PM

Uh, I guess I'll go out on a limb here and say that I actually kind of enjoyed your comparison of Vicarious/Jambi/Wings to the Id/Ego/Super Ego...

...the rest, uh, not so much.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #6
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Uh, I guess I'll go out on a limb here and say that I actually kind of enjoyed your comparison of Vicarious/Jambi/Wings to the Id/Ego/Super Ego...

...the rest, uh, not so much.
tangledupinblue
06-07-2006, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsOfMandos
The point here is to illustrate how almost any interpretation of this album can be supported by evidence (if you form the conclusion before you form the theory).
this is so very true. this album can go a million different ways. unlike (imo) their older stuff.

i think the album is about different persepctives/unreliabe narrators (weird perspective changes within the songs) but i liked your interpretation. creative . VT could be the aliens "de-possessing" him/leaving or whatever. there's some vaguely spaceship-y noises in there.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:45 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HallsOfMandos
The point here is to illustrate how almost any interpretation of this album can be supported by evidence (if you form the conclusion before you form the theory).
this is so very true. this album can go a million different ways. unlike (imo) their older stuff.

i think the album is about different persepctives/unreliabe narrators (weird perspective changes within the songs) but i liked your interpretation. creative . VT could be the aliens "de-possessing" him/leaving or whatever. there's some vaguely spaceship-y noises in there.
skripture's Avatar skripture
06-07-2006, 07:21 PM

I like you now. And i like thinking of different messages the album could be conveying every time I listen to it (although I have one message that I believe to be the intentional one). I'm gonna try yours now. Thnx.
Old 06-07-2006, 07:21 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 8

I like you now. And i like thinking of different messages the album could be conveying every time I listen to it (although I have one message that I believe to be the intentional one). I'm gonna try yours now. Thnx.
06-07-2006, 08:25 PM

ataris avatar is hot
Old 06-07-2006, 08:25 PM   #9
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

ataris avatar is hot
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
06-07-2006, 09:07 PM

i think you're missing the point...

everyone expected Lateralus 2 as far as music was concerned, not thematically. or am i missing the point?

Jebussaves: not as hot as my avatar. yeah it's ok, go ahead and gawk.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:07 PM   #10
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

i think you're missing the point...

everyone expected Lateralus 2 as far as music was concerned, not thematically. or am i missing the point?

Jebussaves: not as hot as my avatar. yeah it's ok, go ahead and gawk.
06-07-2006, 09:21 PM

Ok, let's do the run down of this thread so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATARI
You're an idiot, as usual. All your posts either revolve around yourself or insulting someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Luther
Are you kidding? In comparison to other interpretations (and especially fluxerpretations) this is pretty short and concise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebussaves
ataris avatar is hot
It's a shame, isn't it.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:21 PM   #11
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 23

Ok, let's do the run down of this thread so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATARI
You're an idiot, as usual. All your posts either revolve around yourself or insulting someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Luther
Are you kidding? In comparison to other interpretations (and especially fluxerpretations) this is pretty short and concise!

Quote:
ataris avatar is hot
It's a shame, isn't it.
Kjac18's Avatar Kjac18
06-07-2006, 09:29 PM

^^^^^^

they just got F'd in the A!
Old 06-07-2006, 09:29 PM   #12
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

^^^^^^

they just got F'd in the A!
06-07-2006, 09:43 PM

Since the man talking in Faaip De Oiad is an actual call to the Art Bell radio program I can't give your theory much credit. Although I do agree with your idea that coming from the experience of Lateralus you are alienated in a world of people that still haven't opened their third eye. Like Plato's Allegory of the Cave: After leaving the cave you want to go back in and help others see the truth. When those people don't believe you and won't leave the cave it troubles you and ultimately brings you down.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:43 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Since the man talking in Faaip De Oiad is an actual call to the Art Bell radio program I can't give your theory much credit. Although I do agree with your idea that coming from the experience of Lateralus you are alienated in a world of people that still haven't opened their third eye. Like Plato's Allegory of the Cave: After leaving the cave you want to go back in and help others see the truth. When those people don't believe you and won't leave the cave it troubles you and ultimately brings you down.
DON IOTAE's Avatar DON IOTAE
06-07-2006, 09:48 PM

Quote:
ataris avatar is hot
I second the motion. Please note that this is the cleverest post ever.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #14
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
ataris avatar is hot
I second the motion. Please note that this is the cleverest post ever.
grathrax's Avatar grathrax
06-07-2006, 09:58 PM

I actually quite like this theory. While I dont think its "Lateralus II", perhaps faaip de oiad is a preview of sorts?

Its probably the most logical explanation of the tracklisting, which felt to me like they loaded the song into winamp, hit random, and used that. (excluding the paired stuff like rosetta stoned and intension/right in two)
Old 06-07-2006, 09:58 PM   #15
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I actually quite like this theory. While I dont think its "Lateralus II", perhaps faaip de oiad is a preview of sorts?

Its probably the most logical explanation of the tracklisting, which felt to me like they loaded the song into winamp, hit random, and used that. (excluding the paired stuff like rosetta stoned and intension/right in two)
06-07-2006, 10:20 PM

Atari will you go out with me?

Last edited by Jebussaves; 06-07-2006 at 10:22 PM..
Old 06-07-2006, 10:20 PM   #16
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3

Atari will you go out with me?

Last edited by Jebussaves; 06-07-2006 at 10:22 PM..
carlylecastle
06-08-2006, 12:37 PM

Probably not
Old 06-08-2006, 12:37 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Probably not

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread