opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Ænima » 09. jimmy
User Name
Password
Old 12-14-2002, 08:48 AM   #1
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 11
Wow Something That I Discovered

AFTER JUST THINKING ABOUT WHAT THE SIGNIFIGANCE OF 11 IS I CAME TO THE THOUGHT OF SEPTEMBER 11. BUT SIMPLY JUST A COINCEDENCE RIGHT. UNTIL I RELIZED THAT THAT JIMMY IS THE NINTH SONG ON THE ALBUM, AND O WAIT SEPTEMBER IS THE 9TH MONTH IN THE OF THE YEAR. HERE ARE SOME DIRECT QUOTES FROM JIMMY "leaving you with the dead and hopeless?" "Eleven and she was gone. Eleven is when we waved good-bye. Eleven is standing still," WOW AND THIS SONG CAME OUT WAY BEFORE SEPTEMBER 11TH IS IT JUST A COINCIDENCE PROBABLY OR IS MAYNARD JAMES KEENAN REALLY A GOD?

OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2002, 06:50 PM   #2
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1129
yeah, i thought about that a long time ago when people were posting stuff like 9+1+1 is 11, there were 11 people aboard one of the flights that hit the towers, and other freaky things involivng the number 11..... but I never realized jimmy was track #9, that's kind of unsettling
Old 12-21-2002, 12:30 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 247
also

also, not only that, but in the song he says, "when 1 and 1 are 1"
you might be thinking that 1+1=2 or something on the lines of that, or 1x1=1, but when something becomes "one" its to join together to become one thing. or 1 and 1 becomes one number; 11.

and we all know that Maynard is God - j/ks lol

']['ørpîd ]?rêÿ

"Live and Learn, provided you Live"
- Me, February 2004
Old 12-23-2002, 12:38 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
hmm

That's a very interesting and thoughtful idea. But the chances of there being a connection between the song and the fateful New York day are extremely small. Sure it's a fun idea to mess around with. But there can't be a connection. In Jimmy it mentions Ohio, not New York. To add on to the ''connections'' notice the twin towers made an eleven, they were both 1, their own creation. But on the 11th they both came down as one. ''one and one, are one, eleven.''

Maybe we all knew it was coming. That is was all going to come down. And Maynard wrote a song mainly about something else but with connections to the towers. Like he had a vision or something. And you're right. It is kind of unsettling.
Old 01-09-2003, 02:05 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

in an effort to discount this unfortunate coincidence, and the 1+1=1, they did fall seperately, but then again one tower plus one tower did equal one overall disaster, so never mind
Old 01-09-2003, 03:43 AM   #6
derriere extraordinaire
(Winner, TTU #1)

Bincount™: 50
it's more likely that maynard is osama's best friend (or hell, even lover) than that he's a god or prophet who hinted to us all that disaster was coming. how do i know? go put on "maynard's dick".
Old 01-18-2003, 11:45 PM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

yea but everything connects to everything else in some way .....
Old 01-26-2003, 02:17 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2
You should probably read some of the threads regarding the opinions on the meaning of Lateralus. You my friend are searching much too hard. There was never meant to be the connection, nor should you think that connection is there. You are simply searching too hard in too fine of an area. You must look deep, but not at one area but the whole picture if that makes sense.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:23 PM   #9
Banned.

Bincount™: 25
I hate these stupid coincidence bullshit with September 11th..
Old 02-02-2003, 08:47 PM   #10
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 35
Quote:
Originally posted by Fruitbar11
You should probably read some of the threads regarding the opinions on the meaning of Lateralus. You my friend are searching much too hard. There was never meant to be the connection, nor should you think that connection is there. You are simply searching too hard in too fine of an area. You must look deep, but not at one area but the whole picture if that makes sense.
That's very good advice. I agree to some extent, but our friend watchtheweather wasn't saying a connection was intended, but rather making a connection for fun and allowing those who like these coincidence things to have something entertaining to read. Don't worry, no one takes these things seriously.

"I hate these stupid coincidence bullshit with September 11th.."

Who's the brains behind penguin, if any? No need to attack other's posts. Whatever you have to say can be said in a way that doesn't offend the person you're criticizing. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like the post, then move on. There's plenty to read and reply to on these forums. Find something you like and reply to it rather than ruin other ppl's fun.

my 2 cents,
Pro Art (Protocol Artisan)
Old 02-04-2003, 11:19 PM   #11
Level 3 - Talker

ya

You can basically take significance for anything, and I'm sure that jimmy was well thought out before the event of nine eleven in where coincidences be coincidences. Or was tool plotting a big scheme against us? It could happen, although not likely.
Old 02-08-2003, 09:23 AM   #12
Banned.

Bincount™: 25
Quote:
Originally posted by Pro_Art

Who's the brains behind penguin, if any? No need to attack other's posts. Whatever you have to say can be said in a way that doesn't offend the person you're criticizing. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like the post, then move on. There's plenty to read and reply to on these forums. Find something you like and reply to it rather than ruin other ppl's fun.
Sorry.. it wasn't meant to attack this particular post.. just, like, lotta stuff coincidence with 11.. like the amount of people on the plane, the plane numbers, and that stupid keyboard trick. =\
Old 02-08-2003, 10:37 PM   #13
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: hmm

Quote:
Originally posted by forty6n2
That's a very interesting and thoughtful idea. But the chances of there being a connection between the song and the fateful New York day are extremely small. Sure it's a fun idea to mess around with. But there can't be a connection. In Jimmy it mentions Ohio, not New York. To add on to the ''connections'' notice the twin towers made an eleven, they were both 1, their own creation. But on the 11th they both came down as one. ''one and one, are one, eleven.''

Maybe we all knew it was coming. That is was all going to come down. And Maynard wrote a song mainly about something else but with connections to the towers. Like he had a vision or something. And you're right. It is kind of unsettling.
I don't know if I agree with people saying that "jimmy" might be a prediction to Sept 11, but even though it says Ohio instead of New York...Ohio could be symboic. I think Ohio has to do with Maynard's childhood.... but I'm just going to shut up now.....
Old 02-15-2003, 05:16 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

Isn't it weird also how both Lateralus AND Ænima have a track 9 and a track 11?

Isn't it weird that Lateralus has 9 letters, and you can rearrange the letters from Lateralus to say "on September, two planes are gonna hit 2 buildings, and if that weren't tragic enough, people are gonna start making stupid connections"

Coincidence? I don't fucking think so!!!!!

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: