opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Closed Thread
Old 08-21-2006, 07:39 AM   #121
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/22 - Vancouver, BC - General Motors Place

Heads up! There's a possible strike at the airport tomorrow, for anybody who is flying in.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #122
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Wings is really the only one i absolutely want to hear. If they dont play wings i might cry.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #123
Level 4 - Thinker

i dont know what to do with myself now....
waiting for over 5 years and BAM..its here
im..nervous?
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 09:57 AM   #124
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
I think that is bigtime immoral for Ticketmaster to do that...that is basically ticket scalping. They are such thieves, it makes me want to vomit. Someone has to put them out of business. I wish every band tried to screw them like Pearl Jam tried to and put them out of business.
Ticketmaster has always reserved the best seats for media / fan sites etc. (or is it the bands that ask them to do this? I'm not sure). The auction is probably just a way for them to get rid of seats that were reserved for these purposes, and never used.

Or maybe they're just assholes.

You never know.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 10:22 AM   #125
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil agent View Post
When I think of all the concerts I've been to in the last 12 years (maybe 60+ shows), and how much money I've given to Ticketmaster, I feel sick. I honestly feel them raping me up the ass. Its one of the reasons I'll always love Pearl Jam, because they were the first (and only) band with the balls to sue those evil fuckers.

I don't necessarily agree with everything ticketmaster does -- but they are a business, which is out for a profit. This is why they do the things they do.

It's a benefit and a curse that they have such a monopoly over it.

The fact is, they make it easy for us to get tickets to nearly any concert we want to go to -- and they make it easy for the bands to distribute tickets. They also make it easier on the places that host the events, becuase those places can carry only one set of equipment and have only one agreement to deal with every event they host. Life actually is easier for everyone with ticketmaster.

How much should they be charging as a service charge? I don't know -- I don't know the costs associated with their business.

All I know is that if we managed to put ticketmaster out of business, we would regret it. That regret comes from the value of their service, and that value is what allows them to charge so much.

Anyway, that doesn't mean they're not assholes. It also doesn't mean that we should lay down and allow them to charge what they want becuase they're the only ones.

If you want to vomit and put them out of business, find away to compete with them. But wait, that would make YOU the asshole with the profit.

Anyway, such is life in captialist America. If you don't like it, do somthing about THAT. That's where the problem is.

Ticketmaster is an example of the result of captialism, but they are also run by people with families who have to eat -- and you feed them when you go the concert. Maybe you feed them too much, but frankly anyone who gets 3 square meals a day in this world has already won the lottery anyway, so why complain?

I have no idea where this came from. I don't really care for Ticketmaster's business model, but I really don't understand how people feel raped by it. They provide a valuable service to the artists, to the venues, and to the fans.

In captialist America, value == $$$. It has to if you want to survive in this country, there is currently no other way.

If you want to change the world, you have to kiss some ass, sell out, play by the rules, and gain enough power in THEIR circles to change things. In captalist society, that means getting rich. Getting rich takes selling out. Plain and simple.

I apologize if everyone loses respect for me now. Frankly, I don't care. I sold out long before you'd ever even heard my name.

If power doesn't corrupt me, perhaps some day you'll hear my name again when they're talking about the changes I've made, and the things I've done to make this a better world.

Or maybe I'll fail miserably trying, and die happy anyway becuase I lived the "good" life for my self, and at least tried to make things better for everyone else.

lalalalala.

I'm done now.

DT
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #126
of the unconventional type

Bincount™: 616

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ænima] View Post
i dont know what to do with myself now....
waiting for over 5 years and BAM..its here
im..nervous?
i feel the same. tomorrow. 27 hours to go.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:10 PM   #127
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

Well, I guess we all know where DTrain works. ;)

Just kidding. But seriously, I understand the fact that Ticketmaster is out to make a profit, like all big companies... but it just seems that they have a bigger monopoly than any other company I know of. Even Microsoft had to pay the price for its monopoly. But Ticketmaster has never had any action taken against it, besides the Pearl Jam court case. And it seems like Ticketmaster charges far more than it needs to, especially on the service charges. It does not cost them $12 in service to sell you a ticket, not even close. They are capitalizing on their monopoly in an outrageously greedy way. That's all.

Anyway, BRING ON TOMORROW! TUESDAY! TOOLSDAY! Fuck yeah.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #128
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. I feel like vomitting all the time, when dealing with Ticketmaster. The worst part is how blatant their greed is, like charging up to $15 in 'convenience' fees, per ticket. Or doing this auction scalping thing. I like the fact that the auction gave people the chance to get better seats... but I think it's total bullshit that they kept this auction secret until last week. They should have made it clear from the beginning that they were saving the best seats. Like you, I had bought tickets the instant they went onsale, and was stunned to not be anywhere near the floor.

When I think of all the concerts I've been to in the last 12 years (maybe 60+ shows), and how much money I've given to Ticketmaster, I feel sick. I honestly feel them raping me up the ass. Its one of the reasons I'll always love Pearl Jam, because they were the first (and only) band with the balls to sue those evil fuckers.

The only reason I found out about the auction was because ticketmaster sent me an email.

As for the "unleashing of the new arena setlist"... I guess there's a good chance of that. Although it looks like the first show of the tour, in California, was somewhat of an arena show... and it had the same setlist.

I'm almost too nervous about a new setlist, because I have come to expect certain songs. If they change it now, I might be so lost and disoriented during the show! But then again, in the old days, I never knew what I was going to hear at any concert, by any band!

I would be more than happy if they played the full regular setlist (including Right in Two, The Pot, Rosetta Stoned, Vicarious, and Jambi), and also threw in Wings Part II. That would be unreal (to be the first people ever to hear Wings live!). And if they threw in Third Eye, I might just die happy.

I totally agree with everything you just said...

One
More
Sleep
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 06:48 PM   #129
of the unconventional type

Bincount™: 616

many say we'll get the new setlist

since it's the first stop with Isis and all

going in not knowing is great though
Old 08-21-2006, 07:16 PM   #130
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

if y'all haven't checked it out yet isis put out their first song from the new album, i really hope they play some more new stuff too! it sounds awesome
http://ipecac.com/audio/081.mp3
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 07:49 PM   #131
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

Good luck in getting the new setlist/show first. Wish I could be there. Here is my prediction for the setlist:

Prison Sex
Stinkfist
The Pot
Rosetta Stoned
Schism
Pushit
Lateralus
Vicarious(with video premier)

(Intermisson) - not the song, but a break - music will be Lipan Conjuring haha.

Jimmy
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Undertow
Jambi
Aenema
Opiate
Right in Two

After looking at that guess again, I don't expect to be close, but lets see what happens....
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #132
Level 7 - Loquacious

Dude... if that was the setlist, I would be pissing my pants and sobbing tears of pure joy. Especially if I got to see Jimmy, Prison Sex, and Wings.

I'm trying not to expect anything new... but I agree, going in unsure is pretty cool.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 09:24 PM   #133
Level 4 - Thinker

yeah..im trying to expect a shit setlist...setting myself at VERY low expectations
between that and the chron....adds for some very good "enhancement" :D
im row 25, but my 'girl' friend and i will do..anyting..yes kids, ANYTHING
for floor...watch out security gaurds ;)

but about the set list...theres always the flip side....no quarter? D/R/T? thats just a beauty right there

yeah i said beauty

haha

ok now im just rambling..but i have hte same reason as why we all didn't sleep for the last two months
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 09:40 PM   #134
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by implandnoises View Post
Good luck in getting the new setlist/show first. Wish I could be there. Here is my prediction for the setlist:

Prison Sex
Stinkfist
The Pot
Rosetta Stoned
Schism
Pushit
Lateralus
Vicarious(with video premier)

(Intermisson) - not the song, but a break - music will be Lipan Conjuring haha.

Jimmy
Wings For Marie
10,000 Days
Undertow
Jambi
Aenema
Opiate
Right in Two

After looking at that guess again, I don't expect to be close, but lets see what happens....

If that happened I'd probably pass out halfway through...

If I leave tomorrow night having heard Wings/10,000 Days, Jambi, Vicarious, Right in Two and The Pot I'll be elated...everything else will be gravy.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 10:59 PM   #135
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Well, I guess we all know where DTrain works. ;)

Just kidding. But seriously, I understand the fact that Ticketmaster is out to make a profit, like all big companies... but it just seems that they have a bigger monopoly than any other company I know of. Even Microsoft had to pay the price for its monopoly. But Ticketmaster has never had any action taken against it, besides the Pearl Jam court case. And it seems like Ticketmaster charges far more than it needs to, especially on the service charges. It does not cost them $12 in service to sell you a ticket, not even close. They are capitalizing on their monopoly in an outrageously greedy way. That's all.

Anyway, BRING ON TOMORROW! TUESDAY! TOOLSDAY! Fuck yeah.

hell yeah!! WHoOP. Or somthing.

I'm excited.

DT.

P.s., no I don't work for TM... :P I agree 100% that they have an uber-monopoly... and that it's NOT necessary to have such a monopoly... the equipment could be standardized through an "industry" instead of a company... I just think th ebest way to take them down is to be competition... not sure how... worth a shot though -- you could make some killer money while still dragging the service charges down.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-21-2006, 11:23 PM   #136
Level 7 - Loquacious

HAPPY TOOLSDAY, EVERYONE!

Have a good show. I will be so excited that even a crappy morning at work won't get me down. Screw you, bitchy customers! I laugh in your faces!

See you all in the reviews, tomorrow night.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 01:41 AM   #137
Banned.

Bincount™: 1157

Quote:
Dude... if that was the setlist, I would be pissing my pants and sobbing tears of pure joy. Especially if I got to see Jimmy, Prison Sex, and Wings.

I'm trying not to expect anything new... but I agree, going in unsure is pretty cool.
Yeah, its a long shot - and a bloody long setlist! I will time it and tell you what it is in a minute. Fuck its not three hours is it? Actually, nah they could do that in about 2hrs 20mins including breaks. That would rock.

Well, what would rock more would be a three hour show that includes:
Parabol/Parabola
D/R/T
Third Eye
Eulogy
H.
46&2
Sober
The Patient
The Grudge

Need I go on?

Last edited by implandnoises; 08-22-2006 at 01:54 AM..
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 03:37 AM   #138
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 6

add Jimmy, and any track from Opiate to that list and it'd be the perfect concert IMO
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 06:36 AM   #139
Level 7 - Loquacious

I'd rather not see D/R/T, as I saw it 3 times in 2001. The only one of that trilogy that I'd really like to see again is Triad.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 08:15 AM   #140
Level 4 - Thinker

Triad was absolutely amazing when they played in Vancouver last time. The Schism ppl hanging themselves up-side-down for the entire song. Man that blew my mind!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:49 AM   #141
Level 4 - Thinker

hahahah fuck man
i just got back from working out..vicarious came on the radio....very intense..

tool effects you.....i've testted it!

im the guy with the TOOL shirt on! hahah

really noticeable!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 11:09 AM   #142
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

have fun guys. Pretty much everyone is watching and waiting to hear you come back.You guys are the first ones to experience the arena tour. Everyone is wondering what they are going to play, for how long, and is Isis a good opener. What i wouldn't give to be you right now! heh
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 11:13 AM   #143
Level 4 - Thinker

I thought Hawaii is the 1st US arena tour???
Old 08-22-2006, 11:17 AM   #144
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 25

I love the feeling of excitement on this thread

Come back with good stories guys and have an amazing time!

<3 Armando
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #145

This is going to be one hell of a night either way, and only my 3rd Tool concert ever... Im still a rookie.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 12:29 PM   #146
Level 4 - Thinker

I know I am not supposed to post here but I need to know if anyone is opening for Tool during the current tour, as in the Gorge on Sunday, anyone know if there is an opening act?????
Old 08-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #147

I believe ISIS will be the opening band starting with tonight's show (22nd).
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #148
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I'm not even goign to this show but i checked the thread thought i might help out...
check it, big tour officially starts tonight by the looks of it:

http://www.toolband.com/index_frames.html
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:14 PM   #149
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I love how excited everybody is, i'm in California, i have nothing to do with this show and i'm extremely excited to see what's in store...it's that lovin' feelin'.

Hear from you guys soon.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:28 PM   #150
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Let's hope the set list kicks ass, my brother saw them Saturday night in Hawaii and was blown away...
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:34 PM   #151
Level 4 - Thinker

yeah 100% this thread has carried out the most positive energy...

its like we're going to war...the best fucking war ever!?

WOOOT!

damn its like im going into the afterlife...for a few hours..in a stadium! hahah

(im scared of the afterlife) haha

scared of the unexpecting.....I LOVE IT!
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 02:41 PM   #152
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawcan View Post
I thought Hawaii is the 1st US arena tour???
Hawaii was a small 2000 person venue...with no opening act...
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #153
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywize View Post
I know I am not supposed to post here but I need to know if anyone is opening for Tool during the current tour, as in the Gorge on Sunday, anyone know if there is an opening act?????
ISIS
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 09:02 PM   #154
Level 3 - Talker

Let's keep the thread on-topic.
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 09:29 PM   #155
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 66

?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:30 PM   #156
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 66

shortly huh?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:37 PM   #157
Level 3 - Talker

Stop it! i keep thinking sumones posted the setlist!!! ahahha
Jan 31st '07
Feb 4th '07
Jan 30th '11
Feb 2nd '11
Feb 6th '11
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 09:45 PM   #158

Bincount™: 63

"SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES... AGAIN

Having recently attended the 'dress rehearsal' for TOOL's US Summer/Fall ARENA TOUR, I can tell you that all (well, most) of those things you've been e-mailing about and posting on message boards are coming, namely a bigger stage production and different set lists. What I saw was impressive to say the least (and with these guys, that's all I can say at this point), but the new show should be unveiled soon (and for now we'll just have to leave it at that) - with things better suited to the bigger concert halls."

Sounds good, sounds good.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:47 PM   #159
Level 3 - Talker

old news buddy
OFFLINE |  
Old 08-22-2006, 09:52 PM   #160
Level 4 - Thinker

What time is it in Canada anyway??