Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » Pre-release Archive
User Name
Password
xDxOxNx
04-22-2006, 04:22 AM

that everyone should agree upon.

This music that you may or may not be listening to is one thing, and one thing only......NEW TOOL! New TOOL to your ears.

Be gratefull to have at least that.

Also, I believe TOOL has succeded in at least one thing, intentional or not, and that is creating a mystery.

The thing that attracted me the most was how enigmatic TOOL was. Who remembers the early days when we didn't even know what Maynard looked like, or the rest of the band for that matter? Before the internet became such a daily lifestyle we had things called "magazines", and I can remember scouring through many many pages trying to find even the smallest details, sometimes I'd catch a glimpse, but mostly I come up empty handed.

Does anyone agree with me or am I just lost in the sauce?

Reflect on some of your earliest TOOL memories and try and remember why you love this band so much.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:22 AM   #1
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
This is a fact....

that everyone should agree upon.

This music that you may or may not be listening to is one thing, and one thing only......NEW TOOL! New TOOL to your ears.

Be gratefull to have at least that.

Also, I believe TOOL has succeded in at least one thing, intentional or not, and that is creating a mystery.

The thing that attracted me the most was how enigmatic TOOL was. Who remembers the early days when we didn't even know what Maynard looked like, or the rest of the band for that matter? Before the internet became such a daily lifestyle we had things called "magazines", and I can remember scouring through many many pages trying to find even the smallest details, sometimes I'd catch a glimpse, but mostly I come up empty handed.

Does anyone agree with me or am I just lost in the sauce?

Reflect on some of your earliest TOOL memories and try and remember why you love this band so much.
OFFLINE |  
unfnknblvbl's Avatar unfnknblvbl
04-22-2006, 04:26 AM

I loved them because they never showed themselves in any film clips (that I saw)
To me, that just showed that they were dedicated to the art itself - after all, the music film clip is one of the few (only?) art forms that the Television has given rise to.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:26 AM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 3
Re: This is a fact....

I loved them because they never showed themselves in any film clips (that I saw)
To me, that just showed that they were dedicated to the art itself - after all, the music film clip is one of the few (only?) art forms that the Television has given rise to.
OFFLINE |  
justlikeme
04-22-2006, 04:26 AM

your on a tool forum, the likely hood of everyone agreeing on your fact is pretty slim...
And I liked them cos besides the kick ass tunes, they're was always that sense of mystery about them. It seems to have gone now though- oh wait. No it hasn't.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:26 AM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

your on a tool forum, the likely hood of everyone agreeing on your fact is pretty slim...
And I liked them cos besides the kick ass tunes, they're was always that sense of mystery about them. It seems to have gone now though- oh wait. No it hasn't.
OFFLINE |  
Zombii
04-22-2006, 04:46 AM

I agree. It definitely adds to the "just listen to the music and don't worry about what we look like, what cereal we eat in the morning, what color our shit is..." mentality.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:46 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

I agree. It definitely adds to the "just listen to the music and don't worry about what we look like, what cereal we eat in the morning, what color our shit is..." mentality.
OFFLINE |  

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply