opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Lateralus » 08. Ticks and Leeches
User Name
Password
Old 04-02-2007, 06:53 AM   #1
Banned.

Bincount™: 51
Poly-Ticks

Sorry if someone said this.

Has anyone heard the quote:

"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'." ?
-Larry Hardiman

I forget who it was that I watched not so long ago where I got the quote from but someone was talking about the government and mind control.

The government are the ones that create the majority of this false ego reality around us.

"Suckin up all you can, suckin up all you can suck.
Workin up under my patience like a little tick...
My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards."

The false ego is a reflection of what others think. Its not you. So its the authorities, the educational systems, the government, etc. that control how you should think and act. Being different would only cause problems. They control what is suppost to be sane and what isnt sane. They are sucking up the truth to yourself and replacing it with what they want.

"Suck me dry.
Is this what you wanted?
Is this what you had in mind?
Cuz this this is what you're getting.
I hope you choke."

Its almost like at this point, he has looked beyond the false ego and to himself and now his blood is next to pure. He is trying to crucify the ego. Maybe he has hopes that one day everyone else will do the same so that when the ticks try to take our blood they will choke and all die off.

The power is within us all and we should all stop acting like sheep!

just a thought.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:17 PM   #2
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 43
Re: Poly-Ticks

will to dominate others...
humans have always been that way...
politicians are not from Mars
we are being brainwashed by them every single day,
to mantain their dominion...
Old 04-02-2007, 08:42 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post
Sorry if someone said this.

Has anyone heard the quote:

"The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'." ?
-Larry Hardiman

I forget who it was that I watched not so long ago where I got the quote from but someone was talking about the government and mind control.

The government are the ones that create the majority of this false ego reality around us.

"Suckin up all you can, suckin up all you can suck.
Workin up under my patience like a little tick...
My blood is bruised and borrowed. You thieving bastards."

The false ego is a reflection of what others think. Its not you. So its the authorities, the educational systems, the government, etc. that control how you should think and act. Being different would only cause problems. They control what is suppost to be sane and what isnt sane. They are sucking up the truth to yourself and replacing it with what they want.

"Suck me dry.
Is this what you wanted?
Is this what you had in mind?
Cuz this this is what you're getting.
I hope you choke."

Its almost like at this point, he has looked beyond the false ego and to himself and now his blood is next to pure. He is trying to crucify the ego. Maybe he has hopes that one day everyone else will do the same so that when the ticks try to take our blood they will choke and all die off.

The power is within us all and we should all stop acting like sheep!

just a thought.
Wow...I told you that your a smart person. haha I never thought about it that way. very kool stuff. so in a way...maybe this song isnt out of place on the album as everyone else thinks. Awesome thought. peace
Old 04-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #4
Smokes poutine every day

Bincount™: 6367

good interpretation

i think it is more of a shot at all the record label bullshit and what not, the politics of the music business. at the time before lateralus came out, they were in a legal battle with their record label

"you thieving bastards" - the record execs are making a living off of someone else's work, TOOL's own art
Old 04-03-2007, 07:13 AM   #5
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 43

its all summing up neatly..
great..
Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #6
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge View Post
good interpretation

i think it is more of a shot at all the record label bullshit and what not, the politics of the music business. at the time before lateralus came out, they were in a legal battle with their record label

"you thieving bastards" - the record execs are making a living off of someone else's work, TOOL's own art
I heard that before, I guess it can be seen as a target to them too but...

I dont know, to me it just doesnt make sense that they would even target their own record company when their record company did so much for them in return. Without them they wouldn't be here now would they?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:09 PM   #7
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

"They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable."

Even if it was a hoax (still skeptical on whether it is or not), he has a point.
Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly. ~Albert Einstein

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: