opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Live » Live Discussion
User Name
Password
Old 02-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #41
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/03/26 - San Antonio, TX - AT&T Center

Can any of you in San Antonio recommend a nice Hotel to stay after the show? I suspect somewhere near the Riverwalk will be the area where the nicer ones are. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #42
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPTCx View Post
Can any of you in San Antonio recommend a nice Hotel to stay after the show? I suspect somewhere near the Riverwalk will be the area where the nicer ones are. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Marriott Rivercenter is a pretty nice place and its centrally located.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:12 PM   #43
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

anyone going to be there with audio/video equipment? would like to make contact with you now to trade media after the show (privately, not for profit)

I got some awesome pics/clips at the McFarlin show in Dallas and will likely be doing it again here.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:37 PM   #44
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20

Wow, you guys are gonna get pwned twice it looks like!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:38 PM   #45
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

man i do feel for you guys in san anton you guys got fucked twice
Old 02-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #46
On Probation

Bincount™: 191

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F?UCK!
Old 02-21-2007, 05:39 PM   #47
On Probation

Bincount™: 191

MAN FUCK TOOL! !!!! LOL
Old 02-21-2007, 06:00 PM   #48
Level 7 - Loquacious

I think texas must be cursed for banning ozzy for pissing on the alamo :-)
Old 02-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #49
Level 7 - Loquacious

This is just fuckin sad... for Danny and San Antonio. What a kick in the balls.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:13 PM   #50

Bincount™: 4

riot.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:40 PM   #51
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 58

this fucking sucks
well i hope this time they schedule an austin show and they owe us in SA a HUGE FUCKING SHOW.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #52
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k View Post
This is just fuckin sad... for Danny and San Antonio. What a kick in the balls.

what a kick in the balls indeed man... i wonder if the guys in the band will even realize that the poor people who have tix to the SA show have gotten the shaft twice now...

what are the odds that they, in the middle of a bunch of other dates, say "hey sorry guys" and do something special for us?
Old 02-21-2007, 08:48 PM   #53

Bincount™: 1

dont count on it. the nard will probably just say something like, "cadaceus.com is cool"
Old 02-22-2007, 06:43 AM   #54
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 2

i'm gonna fucking cry. seriously...

now, when the come back (unless the reschedule this shit for a year from now) i'll have an itty-bitty baby...

damn.
damn.
damn.

shitfuck.

...PeAcE...
Old 02-22-2007, 09:26 AM   #55
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by operativex View Post
what a kick in the balls indeed man... i wonder if the guys in the band will even realize that the poor people who have tix to the SA show have gotten the shaft twice now...

what are the odds that they, in the middle of a bunch of other dates, say "hey sorry guys" and do something special for us?

poor people in sa? are you serious? can you people be any more selfish? the man is hurt, things happen. no one owes you anything. geez...
Old 02-22-2007, 11:18 AM   #56
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 48

You're right, no one owes me anything, except, you know... the concert I paid for. That's sort of how this exchange works. Granted, they have a good excuse. But I wouldn't doubt they set back the show another six or seven months. Because they're tool, and they can do whatever the hell they want and still have their loyal fan base suck their balls dry. Be happy they didnt cancel the day of the show again. That'd of been a real kick in the sack. Another waste of time, gas, and money.

Last edited by Death In June; 02-22-2007 at 11:22 AM..
Old 02-22-2007, 01:04 PM   #57
Level 4 - Thinker

what's the recovering time for a torn bicep? this really sucks!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #58
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by animategrayskies View Post
poor people in sa? are you serious? can you people be any more selfish? the man is hurt, things happen. no one owes you anything. geez...
Dude go eat a big bowl of salty dicks. Where did I say Tool owed me anything?

I pray for a quick recovery for Danny and fully understand that shit happens. My two-part post should have been read TOGETHER and perhaps that's how it should be interpreted, i.e. asking a question about whether or not they will do something special. People keep posting up ideas about how they think Tool will do something special here; personally I doubt they will. Even if they don't, I won't be disappointed.

And yes, I do feel having a concert postponed on you twice does make you a "poor person".
Old 02-22-2007, 05:15 PM   #59
Level 4 - Thinker

this is the most frustrating thing to happen to me in a long time...ever since i tried putting a square peg into a round hole....

i mean i feel you OPERATIVEX i know they won't do anything to make it special for us because then they would have to do it to all the other dates that they postponed....and it wouldn't be special anymore....

i mean WHAT THE FUCK YOU AREW GOING OUT ON TOUR, YOU ARE A DRUMMER....WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE IT LIKE SOMETHING THAT INVOLVES TEARING SOMETHING IN YOUR BODY!!!!

this just reiterates the idea that these guys are making too much money and don't care about it anymore...i sincerly hope this is there last album and they buyout thier contract because this is not what they started out as....if i remember correctly it was just a hobby.....now its become an income and its no fun for us anymore...

i wish you a speedy recovery danny, not for us, but for you...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:20 PM   #60
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

fuck.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:51 PM   #61
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deps View Post

i mean WHAT THE FUCK YOU AREW GOING OUT ON TOUR, YOU ARE A DRUMMER....WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO DO SOMETHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE IT LIKE SOMETHING THAT INVOLVES TEARING SOMETHING IN YOUR BODY!!!!

this just reiterates the idea that these guys are making too much money and don't care about it anymore...

You can't be serious. Jesus fucking christ, this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted. You have no idea how Danny torn his bicep, so don't assume that it happened because he was lifting his new 72 inch plasma TV that was bought with all his money (you never know, maybe your money helped Danny buy the TV, which would make you partially responsible). Limiting band members to actions that wouldn't "jeopardize" their touring capability? Think before you say something, or anything for that matter, buddy.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #62
Prana

Bincount™: 8

I actually know what happened. I'm Danny's workout partner and we've been trying to get all pumped up for spring break. It's really my fault because we were doing preacher curls and I just kept yelling "COME ON! ONE MORE REP YOU PUSSY!!!" and the next thing you know . . . SNAP!!! The good news is that Danny's other bicep is really nicely pumped right now, so, he's probably gonna be able to get laid pretty good at spring break.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #63
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflection11 View Post
You can't be serious. Jesus fucking christ, this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen posted. You have no idea how Danny torn his bicep, so don't assume that it happened because he was lifting his new 72 inch plasma TV that was bought with all his money (you never know, maybe your money helped Danny buy the TV, which would make you partially responsible). Limiting band members to actions that wouldn't "jeopardize" their touring capability? Think before you say something, or anything for that matter, buddy.
that was actually far from what i meant...

i know many bands that know they are goin on tour, save up money, leave girlfriends, leave family, leave everything they own to go out into the vast unknown to conquer the idea that music will prevail.

to know that it didn't mean that much to him is what i am speaking of.,..to know he did something to put this idea in jeopardy is what i speak of and write about...you my friend have just been informed.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #64
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

OW, MY BALLSS!!!!

As seen on Idiocracy. :)
Old 02-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #65
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by operativex View Post
Dude go eat a big bowl of salty dicks. Where did I say Tool owed me anything?

I pray for a quick recovery for Danny and fully understand that shit happens. My two-part post should have been read TOGETHER and perhaps that's how it should be interpreted, i.e. asking a question about whether or not they will do something special. People keep posting up ideas about how they think Tool will do something special here; personally I doubt they will. Even if they don't, I won't be disappointed.

And yes, I do feel having a concert postponed on you twice does make you a "poor person".
"go eat a big bowl of salky dicks"...wow, thats original. look, man...when you state that someone should now do something "speical" for you, us, sa, or whatever, the poor people, simply because events out of their control(so to speak) happened...you are saying that they owe you something above and beyond. im sure danny and maynard did not speficially do something to sabatage the show(s). they dont owe you or anyone shit. yes, we paid our hard earned money for tickets, but its not like they are taking your money like thieves and running. the trade off will happen, eventually. just chill. disclaimer: things subject to change, i.e. illnessess and/or accidents. things happend, life goes on. we all will just have to wait, a little longer, for the show to happen. thats it. all they owe us is a freakin quality show. and when it happens, it will be a good day. unitl then, all these poor people need to wake up and quit dreaming.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:31 AM   #66
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
that was actually far from what i meant...

i know many bands that know they are goin on tour, save up money, leave girlfriends, leave family, leave everything they own to go out into the vast unknown to conquer the idea that music will prevail.

to know that it didn't mean that much to him is what i am speaking of.,..to know he did something to put this idea in jeopardy is what i speak of and write about...you my friend have just been informed.
Dude WTF are you talking about? You're a fucking tard, you seriously act like Danny doesn't care about touring or his music because he tore a bicep and shows were postponed. How do you come to the conclusion "it didn't mean that much to him" He didn't put any "idea" in jepordy of music "prevailing" (which was the stupidest thing I've heard) He got injured, shit happens. You act like it's the end of the music industry or he's some sellout for being injured.

You have only informed everyone here that you are the biggest ****** and fucktard who has no idea what he's talking about. "omg he got injured he doesn't care about anyone but himself" ugh I wanna punch you in the face so bad for being an idiot

Quote:
"go eat a big bowl of salky dicks"...wow, thats original. look, man...when you state that someone should now do something "speical" for you, us, sa, or whatever, the poor people, simply because events out of their control(so to speak) happened...you are saying that they owe you something above and beyond. im sure danny and maynard did not speficially do something to sabatage the show(s). they dont owe you or anyone shit. yes, we paid our hard earned money for tickets, but its not like they are taking your money like thieves and running. the trade off will happen, eventually. just chill. disclaimer: things subject to change, i.e. illnessess and/or accidents. things happend, life goes on. we all will just have to wait, a little longer, for the show to happen. thats it. all they owe us is a freakin quality show. and when it happens, it will be a good day. unitl then, all these poor people need to wake up and quit dreaming.
Dude, you're almost just as bad. You act like he said "I'm gonna be so pissed if they don't put on a double length show and then sign autographs afterwards to make up for ruining the show" He didn't, he simply said "Man this sucks that we got postponed TWICE, and that would be cool if they remembered how long we've waited and did something a little extra" which is completely understandable. I for one agree, for as patient and understanding some of us have been, it would be awesome to get a little more for it. He even said he wouldn't care if they didn't, they DONT owe us, he never once said "fuck Maynard for being sick and Danny for being injured and they don't want us to have a show" so stop fucking putting words in his mouth.

Bottom line, what he stated, that I agree with:
They don't owe us anything, but something extra would be fucking awesome since we've waited for so long.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:42 PM   #67
Level 4 - Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IciclemanX View Post
Dude WTF are you talking about? You're a fucking tard, you seriously act like Danny doesn't care about touring or his music because he tore a bicep and shows were postponed. How do you come to the conclusion "it didn't mean that much to him" He didn't put any "idea" in jepordy of music "prevailing" (which was the stupidest thing I've heard) He got injured, shit happens. You act like it's the end of the music industry or he's some sellout for being injured.

You have only informed everyone here that you are the biggest ****** and fucktard who has no idea what he's talking about. "omg he got injured he doesn't care about anyone but himself" ugh I wanna punch you in the face so bad for being an idiot
man you have no idea what i am talking about....do you think tearing a muscle or ligament just happens? Like, hey i'm gonna wash my dishes OOPS THERE GOES MY TORN BICEP AGAIN?

no, it is extreme trauma to the body, in this case his arm. now, personally, what i meant (since you obviously didn't get the idea the first or second time) was that i know bands that go out on tour for the first time and are so excited they distance themselves from everything that would cause the tour to be canceled, postponed, or anything to make it not happen. Obviously these guys don't need the money because they can postpone shows, cancel shows, and do things that would make the tour not happen. So if they don't need the money then don't do it.

Look at a band like Rush...they have been doing it for over 30 years and are still making albums and still doing tours...these guys are like 100 years old and yet they can still put on a 4 hour show for thier fans because they appreciate who put them there. I am not implying tool doesn't appreciate the fans i'm just saying that it doesn't show at all. Sure a big stage show that lets the people who paid for the cheaper ($70 cheap seats? OH MY GOD!) seats be able to enjoy a nice visual show is great. But waiting almost 5 months to get any idea of a new date for a show that was postponed because of an illness and low ticketsales is just ridiculous. how do i know it was because of low ticketsales? well i don't, i just know they played the day before to a sold out show and the day after to a sold out show....then completely CANCELED a show that had even worse sales than san antonio.

so please leave the hostility of wanted to punch me because you think i'm ignorant at home. understand an OPINION, disagree with an OPINION, but don't be violent over an OPINION
Old 02-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #68
Level 4 - Thinker

You just added a kick to the balls (got any?) to the list

I would respond, but it would be repeating myself, since you're just repeating how much of a moron you are
Old 02-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #69
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:

...when you state that someone should now do something "speical" for you, us, sa, or whatever, the poor people, simply because events out of their control(so to speak) happened...you are saying that they owe you something above and beyond.
Show me where I stated they should do something special for us.

Do you not know the meaning of the "?" character?

I clearly did NOT state they owe anyone anything.
Old 02-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #70
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IciclemanX View Post

Dude, you're almost just as bad. You act like he said "I'm gonna be so pissed if they don't put on a double length show and then sign autographs afterwards to make up for ruining the show" He didn't, he simply said "Man this sucks that we got postponed TWICE, and that would be cool if they remembered how long we've waited and did something a little extra" which is completely understandable. I for one agree, for as patient and understanding some of us have been, it would be awesome to get a little more for it. He even said he wouldn't care if they didn't, they DONT owe us, he never once said "fuck Maynard for being sick and Danny for being injured and they don't want us to have a show" so stop fucking putting words in his mouth.

Bottom line, what he stated, that I agree with:
They don't owe us anything, but something extra would be fucking awesome since we've waited for so long.

thank you!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #71
Level 4 - Thinker

Poor Danny. I hope he gets better soon; a torn bicep can't feel good.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:04 AM   #72
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 58

i dont care what anyone says, theyre doing other dates before they get to us im sure
i just really hope they do something extra for us because it would almost be a whole year since we bought those tickets and still no Tool show, i do hope Danny feels better soon though.
go look at who messed up Danny's arm, i can't be mad at that.

look on toolband.com
Old 02-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #73
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

hahah at least *someone* realizes there has been a little extra bad luck for the San Antonio crew...:

"But, getting back to the altercation with that boxer (Amos being his name) that Danny lifted up in a most awkward way, put him on a wanted poster, will you San Antonio!"

Perhaps we *will* get an extra treat at our show after all! Here's to hoping... :)
Old 02-28-2007, 04:54 AM   #74
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
understand an OPINION, disagree with an OPINION, but don't be violent over an OPINION
It's not an OPINION at all, by definition of OPINION.

Dipshit.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #75
Level 4 - Thinker

If anybody in San Antonio wants to make the trip to Corpus Christi to see them as well, I have some tickets left. PM me for sections in Corpus. No I am not a scalper. Some of my friends backed out of paying for their tickets, thus leaving me with between 6-10 tickets. I usually charge them on my credit card so that we can sit by each other. Let me know.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #76
Level 7 - Loquacious

According to TM this show is still on. Anyone heard any different? I know the Baton Rouge show is getting rescheduled and it's after this one. Kinda odd...
Old 03-05-2007, 06:55 AM   #77
Level 7 - Loquacious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp00k View Post
According to TM this show is still on. Anyone heard any different? I know the Baton Rouge show is getting rescheduled and it's after this one. Kinda odd...

I think most of the dates leading up to Roo are going to be rescheduled. So :(
Old 03-06-2007, 09:16 AM   #78
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Stupid dog.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #79

latest and greatest on Toolband Tour page

23 shows

Quote:
2007 29 Apr Hamilton, Ontario CANADA Copps Coliseum Latest
2007 28 Apr Montreal, Quebec CANADA Bell Center Latest
2007 27 Apr Quebec City, Quebec CANADA The Colisee Latest
2007 22 Apr Portland, ME US Cumberland County Civic Center Latest
2007 21 Apr Atlantic City, NJ US Boardwalk Hall Latest
2007 20 Apr Albany, NY US Times Union Center Latest
2007 18 Apr University Park, PA US Bryce Jordan Arena Latest
2007 17 Apr Reading, PA US Sovereign Center Latest
2007 15 Apr Richmond, VA US Richmond Coliseum Latest
2007 14 Apr Greenville, SC US Bi-Lo Center Latest
2007 13 Apr Birmingham, AL US Oak Mountain Amphitheater Latest
2007 11 Apr Winston-Salem, NC US Joel Lawrence Arena Latest
2007 10 Apr Duluth, GA US Gwinnett Center Latest
2007 07 Apr Coral Gables, FL US Bank United Center Latest
2007 06 Apr Orlando, FL US Amway Arena Latest
2007 05 Apr Tampa, FL US USF Sundome Latest
2007 03 Apr Tallahassee, FL US Leon County Civic Center Latest
2007 02 Apr Pensacola, FL US Pensacola Civic Center Latest
2007 31 Mar Baton Rouge, LA US River Center Latest
2007 30 Mar Southaven, MS US Desoto Civic Center Latest
2007 29 Mar Oklahoma City, OK US Ford Center Latest
2007 27 Mar Corpus Christi, TX US American Bank Center Latest
2007 26 Mar San Antonio, TX US AT&T Center Latest
You lucky SA, TX bastards...

y'all get a show on the 26th.

may your hair fall out and penis shrink while your pubes go grey and be infested with lice.

hehe, just kidding.

Well, i guess it was well worth the wait for you considering the first show was cancelled, but then again, you might not have Danny at his best...

apparently cut from the list is

Mar 15 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl
Mar 16 Las Vegas, NV The Pearl
Mar 18 Reno, NV Reno Events Center
Mar 20 San Diego, CA Cox Arena
Mar 21 Tucson, AZ Tucson Convention Center
Mar 23 Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum <<<< my show
Mar 24 Las Cruces, NM Pan American Center

Last edited by dclxvi-qas; 03-06-2007 at 02:39 PM..
Old 03-06-2007, 02:15 PM   #80
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 48

This was unexpected. SA gets it's show? Who would of thunk it.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: