Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Fear Inoculum
User Name
Password
Pyrrho
09-11-2019, 03:09 AM

I'm sure there are plenty of creative people on this board and I wanted to ask, has the new album inspired you to make anything new? Or take a second look at something old that you made? Or just reinvigorated your creative spirit and compelled you to plan your next project?
Old 09-11-2019, 03:09 AM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Creative Inspiration from FI?

I'm sure there are plenty of creative people on this board and I wanted to ask, has the new album inspired you to make anything new? Or take a second look at something old that you made? Or just reinvigorated your creative spirit and compelled you to plan your next project?
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
ObviousParadox's Avatar ObviousParadox
09-16-2019, 01:20 PM

Nope
Old 09-16-2019, 01:20 PM   #2
Disgruntled Postal Worker

Bincount™: 176
Re: Creative Inspiration from FI?

Nope
09-16-2019, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrrho View Post
Not yet, but I'm sure I'll find a way soon.
Old 09-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #3
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Not yet, but I'm sure I'll find a way soon.
09-26-2019, 04:55 PM

I would say no to all of those questions, and that in actually it has been the process of waiting for this album that has slowly been stirring the creativity you are asking about. Now that the album has sunk in to some degrees, I'll add that it has been just what I needed to reinforce the ideas and that Descending/Invincible are pivotal in that regard.

I am thinking of a collaborative effort of persuasive writing, resembling the style of Frank Herbert, as a series of excerpts from a fictional book, written in the past tense from sometime just beyond the horizon, centred around efforts that we're undertaken. It would need to be creative, accessible, but at the same time somewhat accurate & realistic in the scientific sense.

Strangely enough, as things stand, it has been part of the RJE episode with MJK that has kept that flame burning, more so than the album itself. The concept he describes...finding 6 people from completely different backgrounds that feel strongly about something, to get them on record to state their positions. To find common ground, to agree on what they agree and disagree on.

If someone actually ran with this and got the ball rolling...the information gathered could certainly contribute to, let's call it, the 7th voice.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #4
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

I would say no to all of those questions, and that in actually it has been the process of waiting for this album that has slowly been stirring the creativity you are asking about. Now that the album has sunk in to some degrees, I'll add that it has been just what I needed to reinforce the ideas and that Descending/Invincible are pivotal in that regard.

I am thinking of a collaborative effort of persuasive writing, resembling the style of Frank Herbert, as a series of excerpts from a fictional book, written in the past tense from sometime just beyond the horizon, centred around efforts that we're undertaken. It would need to be creative, accessible, but at the same time somewhat accurate & realistic in the scientific sense.

Strangely enough, as things stand, it has been part of the RJE episode with MJK that has kept that flame burning, more so than the album itself. The concept he describes...finding 6 people from completely different backgrounds that feel strongly about something, to get them on record to state their positions. To find common ground, to agree on what they agree and disagree on.

If someone actually ran with this and got the ball rolling...the information gathered could certainly contribute to, let's call it, the 7th voice.
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
09-26-2019, 05:36 PM

Yes

I paint to FI. Every painting I have done in the past 28 days has been done while listening to the new album. I see patterns and arrangements in my head and put it on the canvas. Lots of wild abstract pieces!
Old 09-26-2019, 05:36 PM   #5
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Yes

I paint to FI. Every painting I have done in the past 28 days has been done while listening to the new album. I see patterns and arrangements in my head and put it on the canvas. Lots of wild abstract pieces!
Naga Royal Guard
09-26-2019, 07:03 PM

I post process my concert photog while listening to FI among other things. It keeps me awake through the process.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:03 PM   #6
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 16122

I post process my concert photog while listening to FI among other things. It keeps me awake through the process.
09-27-2019, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Yes! I know most on here abhor the Tool “mysteries” that get posted here. BUT.
I have a new theory. I have proven out that theory on my own in practice, however, all theories must pass peer review to move towards a general consensus.
Thusly, I will post a new thread if any are interested in this working theory:

10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum were written primarily as a soundtrack to the 1984 film DUNE.

The theory itself is obnoxious. However, the results are... you have to experience them for yourself.
I have an edited version (film+Tool soundtrack) available for review (providing you own both albums and the movie). Looking for Tool scholars!
Old 09-27-2019, 10:05 AM   #7
Level 1 - Lurker

Quote:
I have a new theory. I have proven out that theory on my own in practice, however, all theories must pass peer review to move towards a general consensus.

10,000 Days and Fear Inoculum were written primarily as a soundtrack to the 1984 film DUNE.

The theory itself is obnoxious. However, the results are... you have to experience them for yourself.
I have an edited version (film+Tool soundtrack) available for review (providing you own both albums and the movie). Looking for Tool scholars!
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
09-27-2019, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lORDOFTHEfLOOD2 View Post

LMAOOO, must be that Detroit water
Old 09-27-2019, 02:20 PM   #8
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by lORDOFTHEfLOOD2 View Post

LMAOOO, must be that Detroit water

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply