Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days » 04. 10,000 Days (Wings pt. 2)
User Name
Password
Junkie07
11-12-2007, 09:42 PM

I believe this song has some references to The Matrix. If you believe the same thing please discuss this with me. I also believe that MJK and the band is trying to give examples of The Matrix or rather Neoism and Zionism is a very real thing in our country and in our world. Billions of dollars are sent to this holy land "Zion." I believe something very strange is going on and the more I read and analyze the music by not only Tool but other great bands such as The Mars Volta, Radiohead, Modest Mouse (just to name a few) I am more convinced that there is a secret message in their music. It goes further than that. It is a secret society of musicians, artists, poets, film makers, writers, philosophers and great leaders. There are ties all over the place and I can give many examples. Read anything by Jorge Luis Borges, Jean Baudrillard, Carlos Castaneda, Terrance Mekenna and many more. Maybe I've already said too much, or maybe we can some how put some real pieces together.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #1
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
CONSPIRACY

I believe this song has some references to The Matrix. If you believe the same thing please discuss this with me. I also believe that MJK and the band is trying to give examples of The Matrix or rather Neoism and Zionism is a very real thing in our country and in our world. Billions of dollars are sent to this holy land "Zion." I believe something very strange is going on and the more I read and analyze the music by not only Tool but other great bands such as The Mars Volta, Radiohead, Modest Mouse (just to name a few) I am more convinced that there is a secret message in their music. It goes further than that. It is a secret society of musicians, artists, poets, film makers, writers, philosophers and great leaders. There are ties all over the place and I can give many examples. Read anything by Jorge Luis Borges, Jean Baudrillard, Carlos Castaneda, Terrance Mekenna and many more. Maybe I've already said too much, or maybe we can some how put some real pieces together.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Gov's Avatar Gov
11-12-2007, 11:22 PM

Maybe the same views?
Old 11-12-2007, 11:22 PM   #2
Gov
Level 4 - Thinker

Re: CONSPIRACY

Maybe the same views?
Junkie07
11-13-2007, 08:19 AM

Avant Garde
Old 11-13-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
Level 4 - Thinker

Avant Garde
rhatakavita
07-01-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie07 View Post
I have similar thoughts about these kind of things, and I also can't define the real nature of the world we live in, but I'm almost sure we are blinded by some higher power, they make us dumb and it's trying to disposess from our own thougths and freedom, from our free will, we can call this act, Lucifer's play, the Devil's work or whatever you like it, it has the samepoint. It's the eternal struggle between good and evil, I know these sentences trigger a lot of doubt about my saing but don't get fooled by the meanings of my words, those emotions they provoke, it's just an illusion. So as You see the so called human communication(speaking/writing) has many fails, it can't accurately transfer my thoughts to you, but it paints a picture of what I think. So, getting along with this analogy, first of all I'm not religious, religion it's just like a picture,an image. When you look at the basics of different religions you will see that all of them are trying to answer the unansweable in it's own way, and of course it is not by chance why do they choose the way they follow, the reason it's unknown to us or atleast we do not know it exactly , but in life there are no unintentional acts, every thing happens for a reason, and almost everything is connected even if we can't realize the connections true nature. The world is much more than what we can sense in our physical form.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #4
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie07 View Post
I have similar thoughts about these kind of things, and I also can't define the real nature of the world we live in, but I'm almost sure we are blinded by some higher power, they make us dumb and it's trying to disposess from our own thougths and freedom, from our free will, we can call this act, Lucifer's play, the Devil's work or whatever you like it, it has the samepoint. It's the eternal struggle between good and evil, I know these sentences trigger a lot of doubt about my saing but don't get fooled by the meanings of my words, those emotions they provoke, it's just an illusion. So as You see the so called human communication(speaking/writing) has many fails, it can't accurately transfer my thoughts to you, but it paints a picture of what I think. So, getting along with this analogy, first of all I'm not religious, religion it's just like a picture,an image. When you look at the basics of different religions you will see that all of them are trying to answer the unansweable in it's own way, and of course it is not by chance why do they choose the way they follow, the reason it's unknown to us or atleast we do not know it exactly , but in life there are no unintentional acts, every thing happens for a reason, and almost everything is connected even if we can't realize the connections true nature. The world is much more than what we can sense in our physical form.
rhatakavita
07-01-2009, 06:29 AM

I think maybe there are secret societies, or maybe not, between musicans,but not only one it has to be more of them, if there are or maybe there is a subconscious connection between them, anyway not all musicans, writers, ect. has the same opinion on our world so it has to be more then one alignment or the same alignment with different goals.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:29 AM   #5
Level 2 - Poster

I think maybe there are secret societies, or maybe not, between musicans,but not only one it has to be more of them, if there are or maybe there is a subconscious connection between them, anyway not all musicans, writers, ect. has the same opinion on our world so it has to be more then one alignment or the same alignment with different goals.
Inner_Eulogy's Avatar Inner_Eulogy
07-01-2009, 09:53 AM

I think that you just bumped a thread nearly 2yrs old...excellent observation skills though
Old 07-01-2009, 09:53 AM   #6
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 135

I think that you just bumped a thread nearly 2yrs old...excellent observation skills though
07-01-2009, 11:08 AM

Yeah:) But it's never to late to re-light the fire.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Level 2 - Poster

Yeah:) But it's never to late to re-light the fire.
Cheesegreater
07-01-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhatakavita View Post
Very good observations about communication. Indeed there is an age old struggle of good and evil, but most people can only associate it with religion. It goes deeper than that. It is the human condition to equally contain the capacity for good and evil, and in this confused state we develop morals to model this conundrum. This model is made up of metaphors, analogies, anecdotes; all devices used to relate our thoughts or feelings. From all this we conjure up communication so that we can share and better understand the human experience. But communication is volatile; it assimilates just as quickly as it disintegrates.

The reason for this is that yes, the world is much more than what we can sense. Just consider the tiny sliver on the Electro-Magnetic spectrum we call visible light. Before the provocation of this spectrum, humans thought reality was composed of only what our five senses could detect. Now we know that our senses are only capable of comprehending less than one-millionth of our reality.

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle goes further to say that when it comes to properties like 'position' and 'momentum' of particles, we can never know both simultaneously with accuracy. In essence the more we know about a particle's momentum, the more we compromise predicting it's position, and vice-versa.

In summary, the world is a very complicated, and volatile. ^

Language and communication seem to mimic this system, as does the human condition. It seems the nature of reality.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 AM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 26

Quote:
Very good observations about communication. Indeed there is an age old struggle of good and evil, but most people can only associate it with religion. It goes deeper than that. It is the human condition to equally contain the capacity for good and evil, and in this confused state we develop morals to model this conundrum. This model is made up of metaphors, analogies, anecdotes; all devices used to relate our thoughts or feelings. From all this we conjure up communication so that we can share and better understand the human experience. But communication is volatile; it assimilates just as quickly as it disintegrates.

The reason for this is that yes, the world is much more than what we can sense. Just consider the tiny sliver on the Electro-Magnetic spectrum we call visible light. Before the provocation of this spectrum, humans thought reality was composed of only what our five senses could detect. Now we know that our senses are only capable of comprehending less than one-millionth of our reality.

Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle goes further to say that when it comes to properties like 'position' and 'momentum' of particles, we can never know both simultaneously with accuracy. In essence the more we know about a particle's momentum, the more we compromise predicting it's position, and vice-versa.

In summary, the world is a very complicated, and volatile. ^

Language and communication seem to mimic this system, as does the human condition. It seems the nature of reality.
infinitee's Avatar infinitee
07-02-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
lol
Old 07-02-2009, 11:14 AM   #9
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 1385

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner_Eulogy View Post
lol
Carny_Handles's Avatar Carny_Handles
07-02-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:

Its not that "they" are dumbing you down, you are dumbing yourself down.

Our soul needs to be dumbed down to take this life seriously. THe soul does not care about life or death, its immortal. However we all are born with a veil of mortality and that is what you're feeling. It can be lifted but it takes years, lifetimes even to lift.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:37 PM   #10
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

Quote:

Our soul needs to be dumbed down to take this life seriously. THe soul does not care about life or death, its immortal. However we all are born with a veil of mortality and that is what you're feeling. It can be lifted but it takes years, lifetimes even to lift.
07-03-2009, 02:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post

I agree with that our soul is immortal, it's our pure essence once we get rid of our mortal filters, but i have doubts about it does not care about life or death, atleast not until we are bound to the persistent rebirth, because while we are experience planar existence only this time we feel like we have continous and continously changing consciousness and having a continous recollection of it, of course our sub-consciousness contains the informations about our pre-life experiences and the true cause why we are "here", and maybe even more, it would be quite ignorant to set up bounds to this part of the mind.
Let me take you through this analogy, a parable, I think we can't argue about that commercials has affect on our sub-consciousness I think it's proven by many different ways, but think further what does commercials good for? most of them are made to sell something, to bewilder you by creating need for that product and we are talking about the same sub-consciousness that was mentioned before and by bewilering you and buying that product will assist them to reach their own goals, and deflecting(dimming) you from your own goals in someway, beacouse the sub-consciousness in an aspect is the recollection of the soul no matter it's dimmed to our consciousness and to our mortal form. So this is why i said that "they" instead of I, ofcourse it also depends on both, because we aren't alone on this planet, we have to learn to live together, everyone in the world is creating oneness together, and having an impact on the world itself, and world is also a part of us,of our mortal and our spiritual form alike.
And ofcourse you were rigth our soul is needs to be dumped down, but taking life seriously is just a level of existence which can be stepped arcoss but still you'll have the ability to take life seriously, like when the child is learning to walk, once she/he learned how to walk he will always remember how to do this act.I'm sure you're starting to think where I'm getting at, and the point is that we are only borned in a mortal form, so called human body, but the most things depends on our surroundings, that how well we can control and re-learn our acts, so we need both part, mortal and spiritual, and keep them in union to reach our goals, even the souls main goal. But we can't formulate this main goal by only that we're willing to find the goal,to lift mortality, we have to find methods to reach this goal through out this existence, at the moment this way we are whole.

Sorry if I sound a little chaotic, but I had so many ideas that I couldn't express them pefectly, and if I misunderstood something in your response please explain it further, I'm willing to see even more solutions.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:22 AM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carny_Handles View Post

I agree with that our soul is immortal, it's our pure essence once we get rid of our mortal filters, but i have doubts about it does not care about life or death, atleast not until we are bound to the persistent rebirth, because while we are experience planar existence only this time we feel like we have continous and continously changing consciousness and having a continous recollection of it, of course our sub-consciousness contains the informations about our pre-life experiences and the true cause why we are "here", and maybe even more, it would be quite ignorant to set up bounds to this part of the mind.
Let me take you through this analogy, a parable, I think we can't argue about that commercials has affect on our sub-consciousness I think it's proven by many different ways, but think further what does commercials good for? most of them are made to sell something, to bewilder you by creating need for that product and we are talking about the same sub-consciousness that was mentioned before and by bewilering you and buying that product will assist them to reach their own goals, and deflecting(dimming) you from your own goals in someway, beacouse the sub-consciousness in an aspect is the recollection of the soul no matter it's dimmed to our consciousness and to our mortal form. So this is why i said that "they" instead of I, ofcourse it also depends on both, because we aren't alone on this planet, we have to learn to live together, everyone in the world is creating oneness together, and having an impact on the world itself, and world is also a part of us,of our mortal and our spiritual form alike.
And ofcourse you were rigth our soul is needs to be dumped down, but taking life seriously is just a level of existence which can be stepped arcoss but still you'll have the ability to take life seriously, like when the child is learning to walk, once she/he learned how to walk he will always remember how to do this act.I'm sure you're starting to think where I'm getting at, and the point is that we are only borned in a mortal form, so called human body, but the most things depends on our surroundings, that how well we can control and re-learn our acts, so we need both part, mortal and spiritual, and keep them in union to reach our goals, even the souls main goal. But we can't formulate this main goal by only that we're willing to find the goal,to lift mortality, we have to find methods to reach this goal through out this existence, at the moment this way we are whole.

Sorry if I sound a little chaotic, but I had so many ideas that I couldn't express them pefectly, and if I misunderstood something in your response please explain it further, I'm willing to see even more solutions.
dancingflame
07-03-2009, 07:58 AM

Last edited by dancingflame; 07-03-2009 at 08:04 AM..
Old 07-03-2009, 07:58 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

Last edited by dancingflame; 07-03-2009 at 08:04 AM..

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply