Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » Fear Inoculum
User Name
Password
Underalus's Avatar Underalus
06-23-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraterps View Post
Ah, pearls before swine.
I understand that you may think so, but that doesn't make your post any less preening and belletristic. See, fuck-face, I can throw around pretty three-dollar words too.

Enjoy your perch in that crumbling ivory tower of yours and see how far a florid vocabulary will carry your pomposity.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:14 AM   #401
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 67
Re: New Tool Album

Quote:
Ah, pearls before swine.
I understand that you may think so, but that doesn't make your post any less preening and belletristic. See, fuck-face, I can throw around pretty three-dollar words too.

Enjoy your perch in that crumbling ivory tower of yours and see how far a florid vocabulary will carry your pomposity.
06-23-2011, 09:51 AM

word fight!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #402
rsh
be happy with what
you have to be happy with
Suicide Booth ID: 2

Bincount™: 18992

word fight!
06-23-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Only if you're willing to eat shit, dude. Otherwise the song is better read as an ode to Crowley's ritual for heterosexual apotheosis. The aim of that act of union is to create a substance the partners then ingest, so if you want to read it as a song about butsecks then you're going to have to put on your shit-eating grin and go to work.
I'm sensing something from your posts...it seems like you are unaware that males have anal intercourse with females.

Furthermore, I don't see how you can come up with a very complex analysis on one hand, and then turn around and shit all over a commonly accepted "face value" message. Clearly, it can be about all these things at the same time.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #403
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
Only if you're willing to eat shit, dude. Otherwise the song is better read as an ode to Crowley's ritual for heterosexual apotheosis. The aim of that act of union is to create a substance the partners then ingest, so if you want to read it as a song about butsecks then you're going to have to put on your shit-eating grin and go to work.
I'm sensing something from your posts...it seems like you are unaware that males have anal intercourse with females.

Furthermore, I don't see how you can come up with a very complex analysis on one hand, and then turn around and shit all over a commonly accepted "face value" message. Clearly, it can be about all these things at the same time.
06-23-2011, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsh View Post
word fight!
LEXICAL ALTERCATION!
Old 06-23-2011, 11:57 AM   #404
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
word fight!
LEXICAL ALTERCATION!
06-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
Right; should have said it's not about buttsecks.

Quote:
Not all interpretations are created equal.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #405
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
Right; should have said it's not about buttsecks.

Quote:
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
fraterps's Avatar fraterps
06-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underalus View Post

Ah yes, another barbarian bitter at the thought that he'll remain on the outside of civilization. Don't worry little one, your time will come.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:04 PM   #406
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

Ah yes, another barbarian bitter at the thought that he'll remain on the outside of civilization. Don't worry little one, your time will come.
Dog_Si_Dranyam's Avatar Dog_Si_Dranyam
06-23-2011, 05:12 PM

Edit: Nevermind, the trailer was already mentioned.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/181002...ideo/25721034/

Continue on.

Last edited by Dog_Si_Dranyam; 06-23-2011 at 05:14 PM..
Old 06-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #407
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12

Edit: Nevermind, the trailer was already mentioned.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/181002...ideo/25721034/

Continue on.

Last edited by Dog_Si_Dranyam; 06-23-2011 at 05:14 PM..
hushypushy's Avatar hushypushy
06-23-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
That's correct. Some hold absolutely no value, like your interpretation that the song is not about buttsex, for example.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:42 PM   #408
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 3988

Quote:
That's correct. Some hold absolutely no value, like your interpretation that the song is not about buttsex, for example.
06-23-2011, 08:00 PM

Really folks, do you have anything of substance to say, or are you going to just let yourselves knee-jerk your way to displaying your insecurities?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:00 PM   #409
Level 10 - Vehement

Really folks, do you have anything of substance to say, or are you going to just let yourselves knee-jerk your way to displaying your insecurities?
06-23-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Clearly, the true members of civilization are the people studying the occult and painstakingly relating bastardized and woefully misunderstood Jewish mysticism to lyrics from a band whose logo is literally a cock and balls made out of a wrench set.

Also, liberal arts and serpentine prose are a must.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:02 PM   #410
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Clearly, the true members of civilization are the people studying the occult and painstakingly relating bastardized and woefully misunderstood Jewish mysticism to lyrics from a band whose logo is literally a cock and balls made out of a wrench set.

lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
06-23-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
LEXICAL ALTERCATION!
ALUMINUM LINOLEUM
Old 06-23-2011, 08:14 PM   #411
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
LEXICAL ALTERCATION!
ALUMINUM LINOLEUM
06-23-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
ALUMINUM LINOLEUM
I want to be your friend. Actually, I've wanted most of TDN to be my friend for awhile now. I've been here since 2003 but I feel like I'm still on the outside of most of it. Is there an IRC channel I should be frequenting or something?
Old 06-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #412
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus. View Post
ALUMINUM LINOLEUM
I want to be your friend. Actually, I've wanted most of TDN to be my friend for awhile now. I've been here since 2003 but I feel like I'm still on the outside of most of it. Is there an IRC channel I should be frequenting or something?
06-23-2011, 08:27 PM

I'll be your friend. My website is also quite friendly for Tool fans (see link in sig).

For chatting you may want to try #t.d.n on irc.dal.net, however most of the time you'll just find ru5ty, davy_bonny and bogsnarth idling with no actual chat.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:27 PM   #413
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

I'll be your friend. My website is also quite friendly for Tool fans (see link in sig).

For chatting you may want to try #t.d.n on irc.dal.net, however most of the time you'll just find ru5ty, davy_bonny and bogsnarth idling with no actual chat.
06-23-2011, 08:35 PM

TF2 is free for the rest of eternity if you don't already have it. My steam name is underalus. I hit fourtheye all the damn time man. It's a wonderful distillation of exactly everything I care about regarding Tool and completely disregards the useless chaff (i.e. 80% of what Blair says).
Old 06-23-2011, 08:35 PM   #414
Level 9 - Obstreperous

TF2 is free for the rest of eternity if you don't already have it. My steam name is underalus. I hit fourtheye all the damn time man. It's a wonderful distillation of exactly everything I care about regarding Tool and completely disregards the useless chaff (i.e. 80% of what Blair says).
06-23-2011, 08:59 PM

I do own TF2, and really should give it some more time. I haven't played it since they introduced all those hats.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #415
crows before hoes

Bincount™: 8619

I do own TF2, and really should give it some more time. I haven't played it since they introduced all those hats.
06-23-2011, 09:04 PM

i enjoyed your lexical altercation in this thread, underalus. and hellboy is quite wrong about the irc channel. it's pretty bumping lately. you should stop by and say hi. the bin is also your friend albeit a bit of a tough love giving friend who seems to hate you but doesn't really. don't expect tool talk in either place tho.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 PM   #416
saving up a sunny day (tdn shupporter)
Suicide Booth ID: 4

Bincount™: 19504

i enjoyed your lexical altercation in this thread, underalus. and hellboy is quite wrong about the irc channel. it's pretty bumping lately. you should stop by and say hi. the bin is also your friend albeit a bit of a tough love giving friend who seems to hate you but doesn't really. don't expect tool talk in either place tho.
06-23-2011, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Dude, bro, there is like no "insiiiide" maaaann, that's like a construct of your mind maaan. Were ALL on the outside!

I don't know what I'm talking about.

/seriousface
Old 06-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #417
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 3860

Quote:
Dude, bro, there is like no "insiiiide" maaaann, that's like a construct of your mind maaan. Were ALL on the outside!

I don't know what I'm talking about.

/seriousface
lotus.'s Avatar lotus.
06-23-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
yeah, man. i see you around from time to time and know that you're good people, Underalus. i rarely go on IRC anymore but when i do i go, i go to #t.d.n in DALnet
Old 06-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #418
Up From The Skies
Suicide Booth ID: 13

Bincount™: 26323

Quote:
yeah, man. i see you around from time to time and know that you're good people, Underalus. i rarely go on IRC anymore but when i do i go, i go to #t.d.n in DALnet
Dog_Si_Dranyam's Avatar Dog_Si_Dranyam
06-23-2011, 09:27 PM

This convo is going too far off the deep end and now I just want to punch a baby. Thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #419
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 12

This convo is going too far off the deep end and now I just want to punch a baby. Thanks.
06-23-2011, 09:56 PM

GAMELAN PERCUSSION - back on topic

on a serious note, I hope the new album has a couple songs with a kind of disposition/intension feel. Real mellow, flowing instrumental melodies and maynard's low cooing over top. I don't expect or want vocals from the Aenema days and I find the kind of stuff he does on Momma Sed or something like that to be just great when paired with Justin's fretless bass sliding.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #420
Level 9 - Obstreperous

GAMELAN PERCUSSION - back on topic

on a serious note, I hope the new album has a couple songs with a kind of disposition/intension feel. Real mellow, flowing instrumental melodies and maynard's low cooing over top. I don't expect or want vocals from the Aenema days and I find the kind of stuff he does on Momma Sed or something like that to be just great when paired with Justin's fretless bass sliding.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 AM   #421
Just chillin

Bincount™: 16

06-24-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Not exclusively. But it is evident that the author of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underalus
is projecting insecurities.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #422
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:

Not exclusively. But it is evident that the author of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underalus
is projecting insecurities.
06-24-2011, 11:08 AM

Or you're just bolstering your superiority complex by using the old trick of invalidating other people's appraisals of you by dismissing them as artifacts of their flawed personality. What should I be insecure about? My equally expansive vocabulary? Or is it my mathematical acuity that brings me shame?

I'm fairly certain that my message meant only that gussying up your stupid, bloated ideas doesn't make them any more erudite or convincing. And then in your usual manner, you inferred something that was never implied, even in subtext, to make yourself feel clever and observant.

It's okay for things to mean exactly what was stated and nothing more; that doesn't make you stupid, I'm sure your parents will still love you.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:08 AM   #423
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Or you're just bolstering your superiority complex by using the old trick of invalidating other people's appraisals of you by dismissing them as artifacts of their flawed personality. What should I be insecure about? My equally expansive vocabulary? Or is it my mathematical acuity that brings me shame?

I'm fairly certain that my message meant only that gussying up your stupid, bloated ideas doesn't make them any more erudite or convincing. And then in your usual manner, you inferred something that was never implied, even in subtext, to make yourself feel clever and observant.

It's okay for things to mean exactly what was stated and nothing more; that doesn't make you stupid, I'm sure your parents will still love you.
06-24-2011, 12:47 PM

Really Underalus, this isn't as complicated as you're making it out to be.

From the beginning your refrain has been, as you've made clear here, your concern with my "expansive vocabulary." The fact that you've made this the point of discussion, and have twice now made an effort to tell us that your vocabulary is "equally expansive," shows that this whole thing is just an expression of your insecurity.

Now run along and tell yourself how glad you are that you're not inside the "ivory tower" you seem so bothered to be standing in the shade of.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #424
Level 10 - Vehement

Really Underalus, this isn't as complicated as you're making it out to be.

From the beginning your refrain has been, as you've made clear here, your concern with my "expansive vocabulary." The fact that you've made this the point of discussion, and have twice now made an effort to tell us that your vocabulary is "equally expansive," shows that this whole thing is just an expression of your insecurity.

Now run along and tell yourself how glad you are that you're not inside the "ivory tower" you seem so bothered to be standing in the shade of.
elusivEuphoria's Avatar elusivEuphoria
06-24-2011, 01:49 PM

Guys seriously, take it to pm's if you need to or learn to use your ignore lists. This is silly.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:49 PM   #425
Level 10 - Vehement

Guys seriously, take it to pm's if you need to or learn to use your ignore lists. This is silly.
rsh's Avatar rsh
06-24-2011, 03:00 PM

Thus, making it AWESOME
Old 06-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #426
rsh
be happy with what
you have to be happy with
Suicide Booth ID: 2

Bincount™: 18992

Thus, making it AWESOME
06-24-2011, 03:14 PM

I was hoping there was a little bit of awesome in this. However, it probably is best to find another venue. To the Bin then!

Also, for anyone not sharing Underalus' petulant cynicism, there's a slightly better account of my interpretation of 4 degrees available in the albums section. I shall link it for you thusly.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:14 PM   #427
Level 10 - Vehement

I was hoping there was a little bit of awesome in this. However, it probably is best to find another venue. To the Bin then!

Also, for anyone not sharing Underalus' petulant cynicism, there's a slightly better account of my interpretation of 4 degrees available in the albums section. I shall link it for you thusly.
06-24-2011, 03:27 PM

Old 06-24-2011, 03:27 PM   #428
Level 10 - Vehement

redshift.'s Avatar redshift.
06-24-2011, 05:04 PM

I hate this thread.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:04 PM   #429
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 1163

I hate this thread.
06-24-2011, 05:05 PM

As I've expanded my grudge against Underanus to include you as well aegean_okra, I'll direct you to that thread for further conversation.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #430
Level 10 - Vehement

As I've expanded my grudge against Underanus to include you as well aegean_okra, I'll direct you to that thread for further conversation.
06-24-2011, 05:08 PM

Fuck. Double post.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:08 PM   #431
Level 10 - Vehement

Fuck. Double post.
06-24-2011, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Thus, making it AWESOME
Well good news, there is no end in sight.

Barring October 21st.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #432
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Thus, making it AWESOME
Well good news, there is no end in sight.

Barring October 21st.
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
06-28-2011, 08:11 AM

Guys, if we knew what was in store for us, there would be no need for bickering.

Starting in feb, 2012, Tool will release a series of 4 L.P.s, the first L.P. will be an eight track disc, and will include a new video for their first single (I am not sure of the title yet, neither is the band probably, though Alex Grey WILL be involved). the next 3 Lps will be released throughout the year in digital format only, with the final release taking place on the eve of Dec 21, 2012.

The subject matter of this new music will seem ambiguous at first. Some fans will be dissapointed by its perceived lack of seriousness. The first, eight track LP will be uncharacteristically straightforward. No segues, no songs over 5 minutes. MJKs singing will be criticized heavily at first. Thgouh by the time LP 2 gets released people will have realized that the other 3/4 of the band seems to have elevated their performance to a whole new level. This first LP (clocking in under 40 minutes, mind you) will be widely considered superior to 10kd.

The second and third Lps will be considered very strange by most fans as they will prominantly feature danny carey executing bizzare percussive forms (tabla, strange electronic samples, etc). In the middle two LPs we find MJK singing in a new way as well. Chanting may be a better description than singing. The vocals are highly processed but still manage to sound organic. It is unclear what role Adam plays in these middle LPs. After a first listen it almost sounds as if he is playing a modified violin of some sorts. Is Justin playing a stand up bass? OGTs cry foul.

The fourth LP ties everything together. An 8 track digital release, fans quickly realize that the four LPs are in fact one album which can be played either front to back, or "on top" of one another.

In March of 2013 all 4 LPs will be released on as a single record, on vinyl. Alex Grey will do the album art and everyone will be dissapointed when the front cover features a psychedelic etching of a frog. The record will be encased in a strange, rather flimsly looking parchment paper. This will confuse most fans at first. It will then be discovered that the parchment paper is laced with Dimethltryptamine extracted from a central american frog. In June of 2014 the band will be sued for this by PETA. Tool will lose everything and a new war on drugs will be christened.

Icant confirm this though.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #433
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

Guys, if we knew what was in store for us, there would be no need for bickering.

Starting in feb, 2012, Tool will release a series of 4 L.P.s, the first L.P. will be an eight track disc, and will include a new video for their first single (I am not sure of the title yet, neither is the band probably, though Alex Grey WILL be involved). the next 3 Lps will be released throughout the year in digital format only, with the final release taking place on the eve of Dec 21, 2012.

The subject matter of this new music will seem ambiguous at first. Some fans will be dissapointed by its perceived lack of seriousness. The first, eight track LP will be uncharacteristically straightforward. No segues, no songs over 5 minutes. MJKs singing will be criticized heavily at first. Thgouh by the time LP 2 gets released people will have realized that the other 3/4 of the band seems to have elevated their performance to a whole new level. This first LP (clocking in under 40 minutes, mind you) will be widely considered superior to 10kd.

The second and third Lps will be considered very strange by most fans as they will prominantly feature danny carey executing bizzare percussive forms (tabla, strange electronic samples, etc). In the middle two LPs we find MJK singing in a new way as well. Chanting may be a better description than singing. The vocals are highly processed but still manage to sound organic. It is unclear what role Adam plays in these middle LPs. After a first listen it almost sounds as if he is playing a modified violin of some sorts. Is Justin playing a stand up bass? OGTs cry foul.

The fourth LP ties everything together. An 8 track digital release, fans quickly realize that the four LPs are in fact one album which can be played either front to back, or "on top" of one another.

In March of 2013 all 4 LPs will be released on as a single record, on vinyl. Alex Grey will do the album art and everyone will be dissapointed when the front cover features a psychedelic etching of a frog. The record will be encased in a strange, rather flimsly looking parchment paper. This will confuse most fans at first. It will then be discovered that the parchment paper is laced with Dimethltryptamine extracted from a central american frog. In June of 2014 the band will be sued for this by PETA. Tool will lose everything and a new war on drugs will be christened.

Icant confirm this though.
06-28-2011, 09:22 AM

^ i've heard the same thing from a close source of the band
Old 06-28-2011, 09:22 AM   #434
seeyouauntie

Bincount™: 8695

^ i've heard the same thing from a close source of the band
06-28-2011, 02:39 PM

Sounds legit.
Old 06-28-2011, 02:39 PM   #435
gaufre

Bincount™: 234

Sounds legit.
06-28-2011, 03:22 PM

I can assume, then, that Schism's uncle has confirmed this?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #436
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

06-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
I'll see what he has to say
Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #437
Watch the Weather Change

Bincount™: 4444

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5th Eye View Post
I'll see what he has to say
06-28-2011, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
My cousin has the leaked copy of this. He's 'in the business.'
I think the torrent is already doing the rounds.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:53 PM   #438
Level 10 - Vehement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum View Post
My cousin has the leaked copy of this. He's 'in the business.'
I think the torrent is already doing the rounds.
InertUniformity's Avatar InertUniformity
06-28-2011, 04:10 PM

I remember back in 2006, a few months before 10kd came out, the band held a pre-release listening party (it might have been in England, or somewhere else). Out of this party emerged a relatively crude, but luscious (at least to the impatient fan-boy within me) description/review of the new music.

I don't remember who the author was, but he basically got to listen to 10kd one time, and wrote down all his impressions as best he could - despite not knowing any song titles or anything like that. I remember reading this thing about 1,000,000 times before the album leaked. It was more Tool information then I was used to getting. I ended up thinking to myself, "gee, somthing like this would make good fiction, at least to certain people."

And thus I find myself in this thread from time to time trying to concoct what I think will be either a) The most plausible description of the next record, or b) A description of what I hope to be the next record. If this seems sad and masterbatorial to some people, well I am sorry, but i cant deny that it gets me off.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:10 PM   #439
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 104

I remember back in 2006, a few months before 10kd came out, the band held a pre-release listening party (it might have been in England, or somewhere else). Out of this party emerged a relatively crude, but luscious (at least to the impatient fan-boy within me) description/review of the new music.

I don't remember who the author was, but he basically got to listen to 10kd one time, and wrote down all his impressions as best he could - despite not knowing any song titles or anything like that. I remember reading this thing about 1,000,000 times before the album leaked. It was more Tool information then I was used to getting. I ended up thinking to myself, "gee, somthing like this would make good fiction, at least to certain people."

And thus I find myself in this thread from time to time trying to concoct what I think will be either a) The most plausible description of the next record, or b) A description of what I hope to be the next record. If this seems sad and masterbatorial to some people, well I am sorry, but i cant deny that it gets me off.
06-28-2011, 04:12 PM

I remember that review. I remember printing it out and reading it over and over.

wow
Old 06-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #440
Super Bat Kiss

Bincount™: 9554

I remember that review. I remember printing it out and reading it over and over.

wow

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply