Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
eulogizer
07-22-2003, 05:29 PM

You have to listen to my band. We have been recording for a while and are about to release our first album. Definitely should appeal to Tool fans.

http://listen.to/uberground
Old 07-22-2003, 05:29 PM   #1
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Uberground

You have to listen to my band. We have been recording for a while and are about to release our first album. Definitely should appeal to Tool fans.

http://listen.to/uberground
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
psilomind's Avatar psilomind
07-26-2003, 12:29 PM

That didnt seem like something I HAD to listen to. In fact, I found it to be nothing more than someone mumbling conspiracy theories into a microphone with some sloppy chords thrown in the background.

Thats my opinion anyway. Dont let it discourage you.
Old 07-26-2003, 12:29 PM   #2
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 138
That didnt seem like something I HAD to listen to. In fact, I found it to be nothing more than someone mumbling conspiracy theories into a microphone with some sloppy chords thrown in the background.

Thats my opinion anyway. Dont let it discourage you.
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
07-26-2003, 02:49 PM

i dont know, this seems like a joke to me...if not, im sorry, cus it sounds that way.

all the songs start with uber...
im sorry but... this music doesnt like me and i dont like it...

actualy i actualy listened to this shit...and i do not like it, constructively... get some better structure...add some drums... because tapping ona gutiar wont work. and...get some better production.

and what the hell was with ripping off tool? ubermessage? fuck...

Quotes:

"Some people call it noise. Some call it trash. Some call it the latest sign of our country being devoid of culture. Fuck those people. They buy into exactly what the man wants them to. These are the same people who will in the same breath tell you Gladiator is the best movie ever and that Celine Dion is god of all music. Don't buy into their shit. We're not shit. We're not fucking Blink 182 or some shit. We are the new sound. Make way for us."

i personaly think its trash, and i dont like gladiator...nor do i like celine dion...what does that make me? and exception?

anggryy from a jokeeee ERR

Last edited by Paladin; 07-26-2003 at 03:00 PM..
Old 07-26-2003, 02:49 PM   #3
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
i dont know, this seems like a joke to me...if not, im sorry, cus it sounds that way.

all the songs start with uber...
im sorry but... this music doesnt like me and i dont like it...

actualy i actualy listened to this shit...and i do not like it, constructively... get some better structure...add some drums... because tapping ona gutiar wont work. and...get some better production.

and what the hell was with ripping off tool? ubermessage? fuck...

Quotes:

"Some people call it noise. Some call it trash. Some call it the latest sign of our country being devoid of culture. Fuck those people. They buy into exactly what the man wants them to. These are the same people who will in the same breath tell you Gladiator is the best movie ever and that Celine Dion is god of all music. Don't buy into their shit. We're not shit. We're not fucking Blink 182 or some shit. We are the new sound. Make way for us."

i personaly think its trash, and i dont like gladiator...nor do i like celine dion...what does that make me? and exception?

anggryy from a jokeeee ERR

Last edited by Paladin; 07-26-2003 at 03:00 PM..
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 07:33 AM

I understand. Our experimental structure seems to put many off. However, it will be the wave of the future. Look out for us.
Old 08-02-2003, 07:33 AM   #4

I understand. Our experimental structure seems to put many off. However, it will be the wave of the future. Look out for us.
08-02-2003, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulogizer
I sure hope not...

Ahh yes... and I see the writings on your webite are filled with brilliant references to "The Man". The age-old technique, used by those who cannot name a culprit for their social displeasure, one that is most likely themselves.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:07 AM   #5
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Re: Uberground

Quote:
I sure hope not...

Ahh yes... and I see the writings on your webite are filled with brilliant references to "The Man". The age-old technique, used by those who cannot name a culprit for their social displeasure, one that is most likely themselves.
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
08-02-2003, 10:12 AM

well than, i believe noise wave and glitch geek is the wave of the future.. its just all musical preference isnt it? but, despite that, i dont see anything too experimental with your structure or chords or anything it just seems to be sloppy and somewhat out of tune...

...to break the rules you must know them first...
Old 08-02-2003, 10:12 AM   #6
Level 7 - Loquacious

well than, i believe noise wave and glitch geek is the wave of the future.. its just all musical preference isnt it? but, despite that, i dont see anything too experimental with your structure or chords or anything it just seems to be sloppy and somewhat out of tune...

...to break the rules you must know them first...
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 10:18 AM

You are buying into exactly what the man wants you to, you easily-led fools.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:18 AM   #7

You are buying into exactly what the man wants you to, you easily-led fools.
08-02-2003, 10:22 AM

Quote:
...the man...
What was that Mr. Genious?
Old 08-02-2003, 10:22 AM   #8
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
...the man...
What was that Mr. Genious?
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 10:30 AM

Your mind is obviously closed to our message.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:30 AM   #9

Your mind is obviously closed to our message.
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
08-02-2003, 10:35 AM

yeah, fUck... i Better takE off my sheep costume cus im Ripe for the pickinG by the man. seRiOUsly. everyday im walkiNg arounD and this guyS always following me telling me what to do...im just like... hey MAN fUck off... than i go home, and hes on the tv talKing about how i Should listen to good music and stuff, like what the fuck is this?... so im just like, dude, im gonna make some trippy as crazy shit ok? be experimental yo, take that MAN...
im glad you braught this shit to my attention... ive finaly opened my eyes...and my mind from this government brainwash shit. even the Canadian government is getting in on this shit, seriously. I saw the PM tAlking about facisM the oTher day, i tHink hEs facist, or MAybe its the maN! trying to make me think hes facist i dunno man, but im starting to question alot of shit now that you braught uberground to my attention its really enlightning you know....fuck homes... good shit.

-Admirer

Last edited by Paladin; 08-02-2003 at 10:38 AM..
Old 08-02-2003, 10:35 AM   #10
Level 7 - Loquacious

yeah, fUck... i Better takE off my sheep costume cus im Ripe for the pickinG by the man. seRiOUsly. everyday im walkiNg arounD and this guyS always following me telling me what to do...im just like... hey MAN fUck off... than i go home, and hes on the tv talKing about how i Should listen to good music and stuff, like what the fuck is this?... so im just like, dude, im gonna make some trippy as crazy shit ok? be experimental yo, take that MAN...
im glad you braught this shit to my attention... ive finaly opened my eyes...and my mind from this government brainwash shit. even the Canadian government is getting in on this shit, seriously. I saw the PM tAlking about facisM the oTher day, i tHink hEs facist, or MAybe its the maN! trying to make me think hes facist i dunno man, but im starting to question alot of shit now that you braught uberground to my attention its really enlightning you know....fuck homes... good shit.

-Admirer

Last edited by Paladin; 08-02-2003 at 10:38 AM..
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 10:38 AM

I feel sorry for you. You are so restricted by the chains of society that you feel you have to act out your rage upon truthtellers like me and my labelmates. Go back to your imprisoned existence until you are actually ready to escape.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:38 AM   #11

I feel sorry for you. You are so restricted by the chains of society that you feel you have to act out your rage upon truthtellers like me and my labelmates. Go back to your imprisoned existence until you are actually ready to escape.
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
08-02-2003, 10:40 AM

No man, cant you see, i finaly realised you were right, you were after all trying to convince me, right? yeah well i see now dude... its so clear...
Old 08-02-2003, 10:40 AM   #12
Level 7 - Loquacious

No man, cant you see, i finaly realised you were right, you were after all trying to convince me, right? yeah well i see now dude... its so clear...
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 10:43 AM

If you are truly changed than I am glad. Our album will be out soon.

If not shut the fuck up.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:43 AM   #13

If you are truly changed than I am glad. Our album will be out soon.

If not shut the fuck up.
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
08-02-2003, 10:45 AM

where would i be able to get ahold of this piece?
Old 08-02-2003, 10:45 AM   #14
Level 7 - Loquacious

where would i be able to get ahold of this piece?
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 10:46 AM

On our website
Old 08-02-2003, 10:46 AM   #15

On our website
08-02-2003, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
You dumbass... how dare you buy into his shit. "OHHH THE MAN ASS-RAPES ME EVERY DAMN DAY, BLAH BLAH BLAH"... Well maybe if you didnt like it so much he would stop!!! Goddamn, I hate these fucking annoying conspiracy theories... I am the man... and I did enjoy fucking you in the ass last night.

so fuck you and your fucking mother
Old 08-02-2003, 10:57 AM   #16
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin
You dumbass... how dare you buy into his shit. "OHHH THE MAN ASS-RAPES ME EVERY DAMN DAY, BLAH BLAH BLAH"... Well maybe if you didnt like it so much he would stop!!! Goddamn, I hate these fucking annoying conspiracy theories... I am the man... and I did enjoy fucking you in the ass last night.

so fuck you and your fucking mother
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 10:59 AM

Shut up! You just don't see the light. Don't mock me because I do. Go throw in another Celine album and leave this board.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:59 AM   #17

Shut up! You just don't see the light. Don't mock me because I do. Go throw in another Celine album and leave this board.
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
08-02-2003, 11:02 AM

"you can run as fast as you can, but you can never outrun your cliche."
Old 08-02-2003, 11:02 AM   #18
Level 7 - Loquacious

"you can run as fast as you can, but you can never outrun your cliche."
08-02-2003, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Celine is God... and if I had one wish it would be to become just like Her...
Old 08-02-2003, 11:03 AM   #19
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
Celine is God... and if I had one wish it would be to become just like Her...
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 11:07 AM

You disgust me.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:07 AM   #20

You disgust me.
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
08-02-2003, 11:14 AM

im curious to know, do you have a bassist?
Old 08-02-2003, 11:14 AM   #21
Level 7 - Loquacious

im curious to know, do you have a bassist?
08-02-2003, 11:17 AM

Quote:
You disgust me.
I'm so sorry... in fact I've finally figured out what it is you're saying, and its completely correct. Ya know I have noticed that society, tv, music (even Celine), and advertisement have been trying to manipulate me in order to make more money, and its pissing me off little by little... And if you say it is "The Man" thats doing this, I guess thats so...

But you see, the problem is, I dont know which man The Man is, so just to be on the safe side, I've decided to hate ALL men. Thats right, I am now a lesbian. Thank you for showing me the way.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:17 AM   #22
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
You disgust me.
I'm so sorry... in fact I've finally figured out what it is you're saying, and its completely correct. Ya know I have noticed that society, tv, music (even Celine), and advertisement have been trying to manipulate me in order to make more money, and its pissing me off little by little... And if you say it is "The Man" thats doing this, I guess thats so...

But you see, the problem is, I dont know which man The Man is, so just to be on the safe side, I've decided to hate ALL men. Thats right, I am now a lesbian. Thank you for showing me the way.
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 11:18 AM

Attrezzo's brother is going to on the album but we are looking for a more long-term member.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:18 AM   #23

Attrezzo's brother is going to on the album but we are looking for a more long-term member.
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
08-02-2003, 11:20 AM

so then, ahem...whos the bassist in the pictures?...has this man joined before, im starting to see loopholes in your cause, i am begining to doubt...

the high quality photos do not add up to the low quality recording and production, what is this? doesnt the music come before the image; im starting to get confused... your pilot light is starting to flicker out, i am losing my faith in you uberfather.
Old 08-02-2003, 11:20 AM   #24
Level 7 - Loquacious

so then, ahem...whos the bassist in the pictures?...has this man joined before, im starting to see loopholes in your cause, i am begining to doubt...

the high quality photos do not add up to the low quality recording and production, what is this? doesnt the music come before the image; im starting to get confused... your pilot light is starting to flicker out, i am losing my faith in you uberfather.
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 12:24 PM

We have been through numerous bassists. The pictures and evertything aren't very up to date. I wouldn't entirely trust them as representation of the current band. But don't worry all will be updated by the end of the summer.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:24 PM   #25

We have been through numerous bassists. The pictures and evertything aren't very up to date. I wouldn't entirely trust them as representation of the current band. But don't worry all will be updated by the end of the summer.
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 12:26 PM

I took a closer look at most of the website and I will have to discuss things with the webmaster as he seems to be confused. Attrezzo's pics are all mixed up. What a fucking punk. Punishment will be dealt. Have no worries.
Old 08-02-2003, 12:26 PM   #26

I took a closer look at most of the website and I will have to discuss things with the webmaster as he seems to be confused. Attrezzo's pics are all mixed up. What a fucking punk. Punishment will be dealt. Have no worries.
08-02-2003, 06:04 PM

Well, this thread isnt fun anymore. Buh-bye. And your band sucks by the way.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:04 PM   #27
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Well, this thread isnt fun anymore. Buh-bye. And your band sucks by the way.
eulogizer
08-02-2003, 06:46 PM

This isn't supposed to be about fun. It is supposed to be about realizing that you are chained down by higher powers. You must break those chains and embrace our message. It is the fascination with fun and immediate gratification that allows you to be so easily led. So go and rejoin the ignorant masses if that is all you care for. As for the rest of you, search for the Uberground.
Old 08-02-2003, 06:46 PM   #28

This isn't supposed to be about fun. It is supposed to be about realizing that you are chained down by higher powers. You must break those chains and embrace our message. It is the fascination with fun and immediate gratification that allows you to be so easily led. So go and rejoin the ignorant masses if that is all you care for. As for the rest of you, search for the Uberground.
Elgyn's Avatar Elgyn
08-02-2003, 09:00 PM

So what?
We live in a money hungry corporate world. Whats new?

I realised this before I heard your music, because this may surprise you, but you aren't the first to come out with the "our world is fucked" theory.

I'll be listening out for you on my local radio station.*
Old 08-02-2003, 09:00 PM   #29
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318
So what?
We live in a money hungry corporate world. Whats new?

I realised this before I heard your music, because this may surprise you, but you aren't the first to come out with the "our world is fucked" theory.

I'll be listening out for you on my local radio station.*
Melodium
08-02-2003, 10:19 PM

heres my 2 word review of uberground......

Shit sandwich.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:19 PM   #30

Bincount™: 10

Shit sandwich.
nomanirvana's Avatar nomanirvana
08-02-2003, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodium

Shit sandwich.
Ill second that.

This whole bullshit "the man" thing is retarded...explain yourself and stop making reference to some abstract concept that you dont fully comprehend (if it even exists).
Old 08-02-2003, 10:22 PM   #31
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodium

Shit sandwich.
Ill second that.

This whole bullshit "the man" thing is retarded...explain yourself and stop making reference to some abstract concept that you dont fully comprehend (if it even exists).
eulogizer
08-03-2003, 05:41 AM

I would refer all of you naysayers to the opening quote from Chekov.

I believe all of you who are against our music and use such slanderous terms as "shit sandwich" are only buying into the man's elaborate scheme. As I have said many times before, until you are actually prepared to realize your situation and do something about it, wallow in your pathetic existence and let movie like Gladiator numb your already inhibited mind.
Old 08-03-2003, 05:41 AM   #32

I believe all of you who are against our music and use such slanderous terms as "shit sandwich" are only buying into the man's elaborate scheme. As I have said many times before, until you are actually prepared to realize your situation and do something about it, wallow in your pathetic existence and let movie like Gladiator numb your already inhibited mind.
08-03-2003, 09:48 AM

Quote:

bwaHAHAHAHAHAHAhahah!!! what the fuck?!

this has to be a joke... please tell me its a joke.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:48 AM   #33
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:

reign3's Avatar reign3
08-03-2003, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilomind

Word to that. Eulogizer my man, you cannot be serious about this.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:50 AM   #34
Level 12 - Scurrilous

Bincount™: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by psilomind

Word to that. Eulogizer my man, you cannot be serious about this.
08-03-2003, 10:00 AM

Why wouldn't I be serious?
Old 08-03-2003, 10:00 AM   #35

08-03-2003, 10:13 AM

Quote:

Dude, you're a complete idiot...PERIOD.

Please great enlightened one, unveil this man's great scheme.
So far you have explained nothing and you just sound like a giant "fuck society" cliche.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:13 AM   #36
Level 11 - Clamorous

Quote:

Dude, you're a complete idiot...PERIOD.

Please great enlightened one, unveil this man's great scheme.
So far you have explained nothing and you just sound like a giant "fuck society" cliche.
08-03-2003, 10:16 AM

Quote:
A band that has been unanimously labeled as complete shit by the TDN council, has what seems to be concert photos showing thousands of fans, if not more, in the audience. I smell a scam, dont you?
Old 08-03-2003, 10:16 AM   #37
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Quote:
A band that has been unanimously labeled as complete shit by the TDN council, has what seems to be concert photos showing thousands of fans, if not more, in the audience. I smell a scam, dont you?
Paladin's Avatar Paladin
08-03-2003, 10:21 AM

A smelly fish scam...

On a further note...You use the same refrences in society...if you're so enlightened wouldnt you know more things to point out as a part of 'the mans' scheme? seriously...all i've seen you point out is celine deon, blink 182 and gladiator...wheres the government political conspiracies? or the war crimes? or the NEWS for that matter? your a big crock of shit, steaming shit that came out of 'the mans' asshole. your band is a joke...you can afford to play at fairly big venues with lighting, good photography and what i presume to be video projections but have shitty acoustic demos with bad editing and effects, and using the accoustic guitar as drums... i've unvieled the mans secret scheme; you are the man, and his scheme is trying to fool us with Uberground.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-03-2003 at 10:33 AM..
Old 08-03-2003, 10:21 AM   #38
Level 7 - Loquacious

A smelly fish scam...

On a further note...You use the same refrences in society...if you're so enlightened wouldnt you know more things to point out as a part of 'the mans' scheme? seriously...all i've seen you point out is celine deon, blink 182 and gladiator...wheres the government political conspiracies? or the war crimes? or the NEWS for that matter? your a big crock of shit, steaming shit that came out of 'the mans' asshole. your band is a joke...you can afford to play at fairly big venues with lighting, good photography and what i presume to be video projections but have shitty acoustic demos with bad editing and effects, and using the accoustic guitar as drums... i've unvieled the mans secret scheme; you are the man, and his scheme is trying to fool us with Uberground.

Last edited by Paladin; 08-03-2003 at 10:33 AM..
eulogizer
08-03-2003, 10:34 AM

Scam? What about the thousands at shit like Blink 182? I will tell you what the real scam is. It is perpetrated by corporations that feed you everything you know. That is why it is so hard for you to accept our message and realized that others (as you can see they are many) have accepted our message.
Old 08-03-2003, 10:34 AM   #39

Scam? What about the thousands at shit like Blink 182? I will tell you what the real scam is. It is perpetrated by corporations that feed you everything you know. That is why it is so hard for you to accept our message and realized that others (as you can see they are many) have accepted our message.
08-03-2003, 11:01 AM

You know what?

It is 100% I M P O S S I B L E not to be affected by your surroundings...

Your ideas are just a product of someone elses ideas, and you not really enlightened if you stick so strongly to one abstract concept...and you still havent explained yourself.
Old 08-03-2003, 11:01 AM   #40
Level 11 - Clamorous

You know what?

It is 100% I M P O S S I B L E not to be affected by your surroundings...

Your ideas are just a product of someone elses ideas, and you not really enlightened if you stick so strongly to one abstract concept...and you still havent explained yourself.

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply