opin.menu.members.jpgopin.menu.forumfaq.jpgopin.menu.search.jpgopin.menu.home.jpgview our wiki

Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Videos » Parabola
User Name
Password
Old 04-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 34
The Floating Spheres

I believe I have found out what the floating spheres in the Parabola video are. Check out this site: Vector Equilibrium Model

Here is an image that is on that page with the floatinng spherical objects. Spherical Objects
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 02:14 PM   #2
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 3053
Re: The Floating Spheres

i am so incredibly lost
what did i just read?
Old 04-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #3
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeniable dilemma
I believe I have found out what the floating spheres in the Parabola video are. Check out this site: Vector Equilibrium Model

Here is an image that is on that page with the floatinng spherical objects. Spherical Objects
Then I recommend you read this page on how to do a flower of life (or the third stage of that) http://floweroflife.org/
Old 04-11-2006, 08:15 AM   #4
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by epistomai
Then I recommend you read this page on how to do a flower of life (or the third stage of that) http://floweroflife.org/
i know all about the flaowe of life
and quite a bit about sacred geometry
i just need a better context for that article
Old 04-11-2006, 08:16 AM   #5
Level 8 - Vociferous

ah,
nevermind
i think i got it
Old 04-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinnia
i know all about the flaowe of life
and quite a bit about sacred geometry
i just need a better context for that article
If you know all of flower of life, why you should need something else?
Old 04-12-2006, 04:36 AM   #7
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

This stuff still confuses the crap outta me, but more power to ya.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #8
Level 8 - Vociferous

Quote:
Originally Posted by epistomai
If you know all of flower of life, why you should need something else?
because i was being retarded
12 around one
the 3-d of 6 around one
i got it
i was just being slow
Old 04-23-2006, 08:14 PM   #9
Level 3 - Talker

they represent cancer
Old 05-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #10

Bincount™: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty6and2ool
they represent cancer

or poo nugs
Old 05-14-2006, 08:19 AM   #11
CCD
If nothing is everything I've got it all (tdn $upporter)

Bincount™: 5332

From the little I have read of the links provided, it appears that the grapes of doom are a concept of Buckminster Fuller's describing 'vector equilibrium'.

Because energetic forces are in such an unstable equilibrium, as Buckminster Fuller says,.... "the vector equilibrium is a condition in which nature never allows herself to tarry. The vector equilibrium itself is never found exactly symmetrical in nature's crystallography. Ever pulsive and impulsive, nature never pauses her cycling at equilibrium : she refuses to get caught irrecover- ably at the zero phase of energy. She always closes her transformative cycles at the maximum positive or negative asymmetry stages."

http://www.laetusinpraesens.org/docs...s/image004.jpg

ADDED: Could this concept be partially why Maynard go interested in winemaking?
Let us now, as Futurists, enter one of these hospitals for anaemic sounds. There: the first bar brings the boredom of familiarity to your ear and anticipates the boredom of the bar to follow. Let us relish, from bar to bar, two or three varieties of genuine boredom, waiting all the while for the extraordinary sensation that never comes.
Old 05-14-2006, 09:42 PM   #12

Maybe I'm just a simple guy, but I think the spheres unleash in a way the capability of the subject to interconnect with the world (you know, after his "little friend" [no pun intended] is "killed", he gets out of the "house") So maybe he crucifies his ego. I don't know, I would see it that way.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

When I seen the video, the spheres reminded me of the book "Nothing in this book is true, but it's exactly how things are. In chapter 9 where he refers to the spirit of God and the projection of the spirit in 6 directions. It then goes on to create a sphere and then ultimatily a group of 7 spheres. Long story short. I took the spheres in the video to be god destroying life and then the main character turning against god (as he screams at him) and then choosing a new path (through the woods) to find enlightenment (third eye). May be far fetched, but that is just the impression I got. I wouldn't mind hearing if someone else sees this.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:08 AM   #14
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 47

My impression was always that the spheres were a 3-D representation of the Flower of Life (an interpretation that has been echoed many times on ToolNavy and also above in this very thread).

I haven't really pondered the significance of it yet though.

DTA = don't trust anyone
Old 03-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 51

I thought it kinda symbolized the first stages of developement after fertilization. The sphere represents the zygote. The four spheres in the shape of a tetrahedron represent the second division of the zygote. Then it grows to 32 cells. This all takes place where the root chakra is. So now the man seems to be focused on the first chakra. He seems to be stuck on this stage of developement but also seems to be curious to move to higher stages so he starts walking through the wooded forest with the 32 cells following behind him indicating that he is still on that stage. Does someone walking through a wooded forest analyzing leaves and meditating sound familar to you? thats symbolizing leonardo fibonacci finding the fibonacci sequence in nature or in leaves. He looks behind at the 32 cells for the last time, picks up the leaf, and the man discovers more to life by analyzing the pattern. He meditates and he moves his stage from the root chakra to the godhead chakra.

This should all be in your ancient secret to the flower of life books part 1 by drunvalo. My friends borrowing this book from me and i didnt have it on me while typing this so I hope I didnt make a mistake.

Last edited by ]v[edusa; 03-22-2007 at 08:34 PM..
Old 03-23-2007, 09:59 AM   #16
Banned.

Bincount™: 779

Quote:
Originally Posted by lllvllledusa View Post
I thought it kinda symbolized the first stages of developement after fertilization. The sphere represents the zygote. The four spheres in the shape of a tetrahedron represent the second division of the zygote. Then it grows to 32 cells. This all takes place where the root chakra is. So now the man seems to be focused on the first chakra. He seems to be stuck on this stage of developement but also seems to be curious to move to higher stages so he starts walking through the wooded forest with the 32 cells following behind him indicating that he is still on that stage. Does someone walking through a wooded forest analyzing leaves and meditating sound familar to you? thats symbolizing leonardo fibonacci finding the fibonacci sequence in nature or in leaves. He looks behind at the 32 cells for the last time, picks up the leaf, and the man discovers more to life by analyzing the pattern. He meditates and he moves his stage from the root chakra to the godhead chakra.

This should all be in your ancient secret to the flower of life books part 1 by drunvalo. My friends borrowing this book from me and i didnt have it on me while typing this so I hope I didnt make a mistake.

The death of the little friend? What of that?

I figure it's kind of Pushitesque.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 AM   #17
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
The death of the little friend? What of that?

I figure it's kind of Pushitesque.
I had some ideas, but im not so for sure about them. the little guy seems as if he is a part of him some how but I cant put my finger on what he symbolizes, i think it has to do with something of "the self". I dont know for sure but do you think that the little guy getting killed behind him symbolizes his shadow side? he seems to not want to recognize it (has his back turned) allowing something bad to happen, but then he turns around and confronts it....

just a thought.
Old 03-27-2007, 10:41 AM   #18
Banned.

I say it's the inner child. He has died and now the artist must move on, he'll hold his hand one last time.

Maybe we're internalising the self too much? Maybe the little buddy is the personification of people who want to be around those who are changing, but not changing themselves? Maybe that's why he's wee, and cute, in a dark-cuddly sort of way.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:48 AM   #19
Banned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevons View Post
I say it's the inner child. He has died and now the artist must move on, he'll hold his hand one last time.

Maybe we're internalising the self too much? Maybe the little buddy is the personification of people who want to be around those who are changing, but not changing themselves? Maybe that's why he's wee, and cute, in a dark-cuddly sort of way.
lolz!!!

Yah, exactly. Hmmm I really think thats right cause outside forces can spilt your inner child in two causing the left and right sides of the body to no longer coordinate with each other. By the end of the video he finds out that truth comes from the inside and not from outside forces.

I really love how Tool put this video together.
Old 03-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #20
Banned.

Yep. Yay tool.

I figure we're right, since Tricky the Artist cuts him in half at the end. Chuck said he thought it was Tricky searching for a soul and finding only a vessel, but i think this makes sense too: a symbolic split of what was split in essence.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #21
Banned.

Bincount™: 13310

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeniable dilemma View Post

that image makes for a great avvy.

;)
Old 04-29-2007, 08:57 AM   #22
Level 4 - Thinker

I believe this song is about someone having a spirtual awakening but then realized that this awakening was a cult. The weird atom shaped object in the video represents the cult and how he can not get away from it no matter how hard he tries. This video is a classic example of the genuis that is Adam Jones he visualizes what he wants to do with the song and exemplifies it perfectly.

Chris
Old 05-03-2007, 07:30 AM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

to me it seems that he and the sphere are in conflict with eachother. he seems to start the sphere's division when he touches it and makes it spin. the ball then undergoes deuterosomal cleavage with 4 equal size lobes. the ball then kills the little man, and gets yelled at as a consequence. the part where he disects him is a little fuzzy. but he then goes outside and finds a leaf, where before he and the little man were the only "living" things he could see. this leaf opens up a whole new world of information to him, and this is point where the eyes come out and course through his body, opening his third eye.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:48 AM   #24
Banned.

how does a leaf open up a whole new world of information to somebody?
Old 05-03-2007, 08:26 AM   #25
Level 3 - Talker

it is a new piece of life, from being in a world where it was only him, the little guy, and the sphere, with the sphere being a destructive influence.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:27 AM   #26
Banned.

and why was the sphere a destructive influence? please elaborate a bit more, if you'd like.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:44 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

I may be completely wrong, but it seems to me that the spheres represent the dynamic destructive influence created by humanity in it's search for knowledge.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:02 AM   #28
Banned.

you know, it's all starting to make weird sense.

i just don't like how the spheres are just hovering above him, not really a part of him...
Old 06-22-2007, 12:02 PM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeniable dilemma View Post

WOW TooL is really inspiring people to go out and do somthing Mr. Researcher Sir. thanks for the post
Old 07-09-2007, 04:11 PM   #30
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Everyone remember the floating and dancing HUGE inflated spheres hanging above the stage at the second tour for Lateralus???

I think it was one of the most amazing visuals at any tool show out of the 3 i have been so lucky to have been to~!!~!!!!~!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: figure THIS out if you want to...
Old 08-04-2007, 01:18 PM   #31
Level 2 - Poster

I think that the four "dick head" guys at the table which rise and start spewing forth "shit" might represent all the b.s. that they have to go through when they start getting down to get an album out....ticks and leeches comes to mind. After that maaaan Im clueless. Love the video though

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply
Your Reply: