Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Creativity » Rock & Roll
User Name
Password
10,000 Light Reflections's Avatar 10,000 Light Reflections
04-23-2006, 07:04 PM

hey guys i thought id post this video for you all to see. our band covered stinkfist and pushit back in highschool at a talent show. let me know what ya think.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20fbe/
Old 04-23-2006, 07:04 PM   #1
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
my band covering tool (video)

hey guys i thought id post this video for you all to see. our band covered stinkfist and pushit back in highschool at a talent show. let me know what ya think.

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze20fbe/
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
chalk_line's Avatar chalk_line
04-23-2006, 09:17 PM

not bad for a high-school talent show
Old 04-23-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
a headstone waiting for words

Bincount™: 6093
Re: my band covering tool (video)

not bad for a high-school talent show
blabber's Avatar blabber
04-24-2006, 02:46 AM

pretty good... reminds me of myself in high school. Except the only good drummer we could get was my guitarists 40 year old dad... but he is hella good.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:46 AM   #3
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

pretty good... reminds me of myself in high school. Except the only good drummer we could get was my guitarists 40 year old dad... but he is hella good.
Tyro
04-24-2006, 11:40 AM

Noyce. No vocalist kind of hurts though.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 101

Noyce. No vocalist kind of hurts though.
04-24-2006, 01:15 PM

the bass player is rawkin
Old 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #5
IC
resident flamer

Bincount™: 575

the bass player is rawkin
04-27-2006, 10:25 AM

hey guys, i was reallty impressed how you managed to copy the sound of the guitar and bass. a question to the guitarist: what kind of amp are you using? i can see it's probably marshall but what model? any effects? i'm interested especially what kind of distortion did you use... great job...
Old 04-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #6
Level 1 - Lurker

hey guys, i was reallty impressed how you managed to copy the sound of the guitar and bass. a question to the guitarist: what kind of amp are you using? i can see it's probably marshall but what model? any effects? i'm interested especially what kind of distortion did you use... great job...
Windir's Avatar Windir
04-27-2006, 10:35 AM

Well, this takes shitloads of time for me to download, but it sounds pretty good from what I heard so far. But, as stated above, it sucks without a vocalist... and I'd like to add; it sucks without dancers too.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Banned at user request

Bincount™: 4029

Well, this takes shitloads of time for me to download, but it sounds pretty good from what I heard so far. But, as stated above, it sucks without a vocalist... and I'd like to add; it sucks without dancers too.
Mongeese's Avatar Mongeese
04-29-2006, 04:36 AM

I wish my band's drummer was that good, the guitar sounds like it's got just a bit too much gain being used, but apart from that, it's kickass.
Old 04-29-2006, 04:36 AM   #8
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 152

I wish my band's drummer was that good, the guitar sounds like it's got just a bit too much gain being used, but apart from that, it's kickass.
solidabyss
05-02-2006, 03:00 PM

dude bravo!! if u like tool check out my band sound machine at

aircheap.com/soundmachine
Old 05-02-2006, 03:00 PM   #9
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 2

dude bravo!! if u like tool check out my band sound machine at

aircheap.com/soundmachine
05-02-2006, 07:12 PM

Nice Plug. Check out my band while you are at it at www.purevolume.com/mandarinhand

The bassist's tone sounds really close to Justin's at 2:54 during Pushit.
Also, watch the bass mimic MJK's singing higher up on the neck at around 6:00. Rock.

Nice Job. Way to give it justice.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
Level 3 - Talker

Nice Plug. Check out my band while you are at it at www.purevolume.com/mandarinhand

The bassist's tone sounds really close to Justin's at 2:54 during Pushit.
Also, watch the bass mimic MJK's singing higher up on the neck at around 6:00. Rock.

Nice Job. Way to give it justice.
05-03-2006, 09:49 AM

Not bad.
Old 05-03-2006, 09:49 AM   #11
Banned.

Bincount™: 4396

Not bad.
05-03-2006, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienkny_roman
he uses a marshall half stack amp and cab. i dont know which model tho, but ill find out. as for distortion im pretty sure he just used the marshall preamp distortion. other effects used are a boss chorus ensamble, dunlop crybaby wah, and i think an ibanez delay pedal.

as for the bass effects i used a boss ceb-1 bass chorus and a boss dd6 digital delay. the rig used is pretty pussy, but i used one crate 50watt combo and an ampeg 50watt combo. i used the crate for the low bass range and the ampeg for the highs
Old 05-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #12
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by pienkny_roman
he uses a marshall half stack amp and cab. i dont know which model tho, but ill find out. as for distortion im pretty sure he just used the marshall preamp distortion. other effects used are a boss chorus ensamble, dunlop crybaby wah, and i think an ibanez delay pedal.

as for the bass effects i used a boss ceb-1 bass chorus and a boss dd6 digital delay. the rig used is pretty pussy, but i used one crate 50watt combo and an ampeg 50watt combo. i used the crate for the low bass range and the ampeg for the highs
Shmooove's Avatar Shmooove
05-03-2006, 09:00 PM

Totally fun to listen to - I liked the seamless blend of songs. I agree with Mongeese: the guitarist sounds like he has a bit too much gain, though I am betting it is the camcorder that is dropping some of the lows out. Keep playing and try to find a crazy vocalist willing to hit the perfect pitches of, "There's no love in feeeeaaaaarrrrrr!"

Oh and you never said: did you win the talent show?
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.

Sir Winston Churchill
Old 05-03-2006, 09:00 PM   #13
Level 3 - Talker

Location: Sitting on top of a lonely mountain in the middle of a frozen desert, dreaming of a beach.
Bincount™: 1

Totally fun to listen to - I liked the seamless blend of songs. I agree with Mongeese: the guitarist sounds like he has a bit too much gain, though I am betting it is the camcorder that is dropping some of the lows out. Keep playing and try to find a crazy vocalist willing to hit the perfect pitches of, "There's no love in feeeeaaaaarrrrrr!"

Oh and you never said: did you win the talent show?
Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.

Sir Winston Churchill
05-04-2006, 09:14 PM

actually the guitar cab is an ampeg, not marshall.

and no we didnt win. shit was bogus
Old 05-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #14
Level 3 - Talker

rochey-o's Avatar rochey-o
05-06-2006, 08:46 AM

that was incredibly good
Old 05-06-2006, 08:46 AM   #15
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 3653

that was incredibly good
tiryth's Avatar tiryth
05-06-2006, 12:16 PM

WOW!!!!- thats really fuckin cool!
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
Old 05-06-2006, 12:16 PM   #16
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 5

WOW!!!!- thats really fuckin cool!
Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence. The more certitude one assumes, the less there is left to think about, and a person sure of everything would never have any need to think about anything and might be considered clinically dead under current medical standards, where absence of brain activity is taken to mean that life has ended. [R.A.W]
arcane
05-06-2006, 12:23 PM

The tone of that bass at the start is beautiful. What kinda guitar is that? Looks a bit like a Gibson, but I can't tell.

Last edited by arcane; 05-06-2006 at 12:28 PM..
Old 05-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #17
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 3

The tone of that bass at the start is beautiful. What kinda guitar is that? Looks a bit like a Gibson, but I can't tell.

Last edited by arcane; 05-06-2006 at 12:28 PM..
auralassassin
05-06-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Light Reflections

I've heard these songs performed worse than this by Tool themselves a few times... this sounds pretty damn close. I'd love to see the shit that won, if this wasn't first place.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:15 PM   #18
Banned.

Bincount™: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Light Reflections

I've heard these songs performed worse than this by Tool themselves a few times... this sounds pretty damn close. I'd love to see the shit that won, if this wasn't first place.
05-09-2006, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralassassin

no you wouldnt. i think some science band won doing a cover of a dispatch song. and they had like 3 guitar players, 2 bass players, a violin, and like 5 singers. not to mention one of the teachers was in the band. fuckin rigged i tell ya

and the guitars are a gibson les paul and an ibanez soundgear
Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM   #19
Level 3 - Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralassassin

no you wouldnt. i think some science band won doing a cover of a dispatch song. and they had like 3 guitar players, 2 bass players, a violin, and like 5 singers. not to mention one of the teachers was in the band. fuckin rigged i tell ya

and the guitars are a gibson les paul and an ibanez soundgear

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply