Go Back  The Tool Page: Opinion » Tool » Albums » 10,000 Days
User Name
Password
Neörov's Avatar Neörov
05-10-2006, 09:24 PM

I know it's meant to be funny, but it make me wonder. Have I all along been one of those stupid Tool fans. Ok, its one thing to like the music. It's another thing to connect with the lyrics on a very personal level. But to take every word so seriously that its almost all I think about, shit. Yes, I happen to agree with alot of their views. But they're opinion, like pretty much everyone elses, is ultimately flawed, and most likely wrong. We will probably never in any of our lifetimes come anywhere near figuring out the meaning of life, god, the universe etc. I think I really need to take a step back and see exactly where I stand, cause I just don't fuckin know.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:24 PM   #41
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Somethingawful Review

I know it's meant to be funny, but it make me wonder. Have I all along been one of those stupid Tool fans. Ok, its one thing to like the music. It's another thing to connect with the lyrics on a very personal level. But to take every word so seriously that its almost all I think about, shit. Yes, I happen to agree with alot of their views. But they're opinion, like pretty much everyone elses, is ultimately flawed, and most likely wrong. We will probably never in any of our lifetimes come anywhere near figuring out the meaning of life, god, the universe etc. I think I really need to take a step back and see exactly where I stand, cause I just don't fuckin know.
05-10-2006, 09:49 PM

Yeah its not really funny. And say what you want about it being a comedy site, its still a relatively serious review that trashes the album.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #42
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 33

Yeah its not really funny. And say what you want about it being a comedy site, its still a relatively serious review that trashes the album.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote
seadonkey
05-10-2006, 10:08 PM

There's a front page?
Old 05-10-2006, 10:08 PM   #43
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 1

There's a front page?
apathetic goat's Avatar apathetic goat
05-10-2006, 10:55 PM

I found that hilarious.
Old 05-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #44
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1

I found that hilarious.
praefector's Avatar praefector
05-10-2006, 11:18 PM

the picture of bob denver makes this review incredibly awesome

and this is just so true i have to post it:

while still giving the trainspotting numerologist jerk-off Tool-nerd (and that accounts for 100% of Tool fans) something to chew on.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:18 PM   #45
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

the picture of bob denver makes this review incredibly awesome

and this is just so true i have to post it:

while still giving the trainspotting numerologist jerk-off Tool-nerd (and that accounts for 100% of Tool fans) something to chew on.
praefector's Avatar praefector
05-10-2006, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neörov
the important thing is you take the music in your own personal way and that it means something to you at some point in your life.

that's all. theres no great message and the band isnt asking you to solve some giant puzzle that will give you enlightenment. the pieces are their if you want to dig for them, but YOU DONT HAVE TO. that's the beauty of art. if you dont "get" it or want to "get" it, it's okay, just appreciate it in whatever way you can or want to and move onto something new.

the best case scenario for the band in my mind is for the fans to just listen to and enjoy what they do, and hopefully become inspired to make their own art and contribute to the lifeflow.

Last edited by praefector; 05-10-2006 at 11:24 PM..
Old 05-10-2006, 11:21 PM   #46
Level 13 - Nothing Can Defeat the Quad Laser

Bincount™: 1020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neörov
the important thing is you take the music in your own personal way and that it means something to you at some point in your life.

that's all. theres no great message and the band isnt asking you to solve some giant puzzle that will give you enlightenment. the pieces are their if you want to dig for them, but YOU DONT HAVE TO. that's the beauty of art. if you dont "get" it or want to "get" it, it's okay, just appreciate it in whatever way you can or want to and move onto something new.

the best case scenario for the band in my mind is for the fans to just listen to and enjoy what they do, and hopefully become inspired to make their own art and contribute to the lifeflow.

Last edited by praefector; 05-10-2006 at 11:24 PM..
schmeng's Avatar schmeng
05-10-2006, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psilo
But I love some of you people who actually get annoyed at this and post negatively. Youre the reason they write things like this.
i was just thinking the exact same thing
get a sense of humour people
Old 05-10-2006, 11:53 PM   #47
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psilo
But I love some of you people who actually get annoyed at this and post negatively. Youre the reason they write things like this.
i was just thinking the exact same thing
get a sense of humour people
2and46's Avatar 2and46
05-11-2006, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by submachine
haha, so true.

The only thing better than his funny-yet-ACCURATE review are these nerdy fuckin fanboys who don't get the humor and are in fact insulted by it.

Didn't you notice he left alone the TRUE great tracks on 10000 Days, Vicarious, The Pot, Right In Two?
I get the humor. It's just not funny...fan boy or not. I'm a well educated person, I'm tired of those who want to define all TOOL fans as dense, this "review" just isn't very well done, nor is it humorous. Those who find it funny are the one's I wonder about.

Last edited by 2and46; 05-11-2006 at 04:35 AM..
Old 05-11-2006, 04:29 AM   #48
Banned.

Bincount™: 6746

Quote:
Originally Posted by submachine
haha, so true.

The only thing better than his funny-yet-ACCURATE review are these nerdy fuckin fanboys who don't get the humor and are in fact insulted by it.

Didn't you notice he left alone the TRUE great tracks on 10000 Days, Vicarious, The Pot, Right In Two?
I get the humor. It's just not funny...fan boy or not. I'm a well educated person, I'm tired of those who want to define all TOOL fans as dense, this "review" just isn't very well done, nor is it humorous. Those who find it funny are the one's I wonder about.

Last edited by 2and46; 05-11-2006 at 04:35 AM..
jazz's Avatar jazz
05-11-2006, 04:56 AM

what i find funny is that he's all high-brow because he claims he isn't into tool, etc, then he turns it around and calls tool fans elitists.

although i do agree with some of his opinions on the stereotypical tool fan, he sure knows a lot about the band for a person who claims not being into them.

"I fear that if I explain the lyrics all will realize I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, and everything I say will be used to commit me." -Maynard

Last edited by jazz; 05-11-2006 at 05:01 AM..
Old 05-11-2006, 04:56 AM   #49
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 7

what i find funny is that he's all high-brow because he claims he isn't into tool, etc, then he turns it around and calls tool fans elitists.

although i do agree with some of his opinions on the stereotypical tool fan, he sure knows a lot about the band for a person who claims not being into them.

"I fear that if I explain the lyrics all will realize I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, and everything I say will be used to commit me." -Maynard

Last edited by jazz; 05-11-2006 at 05:01 AM..
gerbil's Avatar gerbil
05-11-2006, 04:58 AM

Eh. He's at his best when he's lampooning entire genres. Especially the current influx of punk-rockers and "indie" kids. When he picks a single artist, it gets dull quickly. (See his review of R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet," his review of "Frances the Mute," etc.)
Old 05-11-2006, 04:58 AM   #50
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 96

Eh. He's at his best when he's lampooning entire genres. Especially the current influx of punk-rockers and "indie" kids. When he picks a single artist, it gets dull quickly. (See his review of R. Kelly's "Trapped in the Closet," his review of "Frances the Mute," etc.)
D-Day_Daddy's Avatar D-Day_Daddy
05-11-2006, 05:28 AM

I laughed the hardest at Justin being refered to as What's-His-Face.
Old 05-11-2006, 05:28 AM   #51
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4

I laughed the hardest at Justin being refered to as What's-His-Face.
05-11-2006, 06:14 AM

"I’ll admit, after hearing “Jambi” a few times I woke up humming the sound of an old man trying to start up a recalcitrant 1962 Ford Falcon Club Wagon on an icy winter day. Chugga chugga chug."

lol
Old 05-11-2006, 06:14 AM   #52
Level 4 - Thinker

"I’ll admit, after hearing “Jambi” a few times I woke up humming the sound of an old man trying to start up a recalcitrant 1962 Ford Falcon Club Wagon on an icy winter day. Chugga chugga chug."

lol
Light Reflections
05-11-2006, 06:16 AM

I didn't find it all that funny. His last "analysis" of the band was funnier and his Mars Volta review was funnier still.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:16 AM   #53
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 55

I didn't find it all that funny. His last "analysis" of the band was funnier and his Mars Volta review was funnier still.
submachine's Avatar submachine
05-11-2006, 06:24 AM

Can the mods give everyone who didn't find the humor in this article a red X in their user name so I can pinpoint them in the future?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:24 AM   #54
On Probation

Bincount™: 163

Can the mods give everyone who didn't find the humor in this article a red X in their user name so I can pinpoint them in the future?
Spoon's Avatar Spoon
05-11-2006, 06:37 AM

I thought this was pretty good:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
“what could possibly make an already lengthy and overwrought song even better?” Obviously, the answer is to make the sum’bitch longer! Just slap on a vacuous three minutes of guitar feedback and a couple of menacing chords, and voila: epic.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #55
Level 9 - Obstreperous

Bincount™: 50

I thought this was pretty good:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA
“what could possibly make an already lengthy and overwrought song even better?” Obviously, the answer is to make the sum’bitch longer! Just slap on a vacuous three minutes of guitar feedback and a couple of menacing chords, and voila: epic.
TheEulogyOfMe's Avatar TheEulogyOfMe
05-11-2006, 06:49 AM

I'm not offended. But I'm not finding this funny at all. This gives fuel to all the people who already don't like Tool. They'll read this review and laugh to themselves about how stupid we all are and make it that much more difficult for people to listen to Tool with an open mind. Oh well. What can I do?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:49 AM   #56

Bincount™: 7

I'm not offended. But I'm not finding this funny at all. This gives fuel to all the people who already don't like Tool. They'll read this review and laugh to themselves about how stupid we all are and make it that much more difficult for people to listen to Tool with an open mind. Oh well. What can I do?
05-12-2006, 08:21 AM

It gave me a couple laughs. I was expecting it to be funnier, though.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:21 AM   #57

It gave me a couple laughs. I was expecting it to be funnier, though.
05-12-2006, 08:30 AM

The packaging made me laugh
Old 05-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #58
Level 4 - Thinker

The packaging made me laugh

Rate This Thread
You have already rated this thread

Quick Reply